MAD MAX

298 replies to this topic
beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:24 AM

I just started playing last night it's awesome! Just plain old fashioned fun! :devil:?The storms are insane!

Chumbucket RULES!!!!!

For some reason after i entered a shelter, Max got hit by the storm while walking around inside the stronghold. He was flying around like a freakin ragdoll for a few seconds and nearly died.

In a storm Max kept getting hit with metal and even did some kart wheels :lol:

• HeavyDuke likes this

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:33 AM

How can i activate one of the crew projects. I collected all the parts for the scrap crew and it says go back to the stronghold. But how do i activate those projects?

wannaslide
  • wannaslide

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:56 AM

Walk up to that project and it'll tell you what button to press to build the project

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:59 AM

Walk up to that project and it'll tell you what button to press to build the project

There are no projects avaible. It's an empty place. Only jeet and some crewmembers. Do i need more story missions or something? I've only done a couple.

gfen
  • gfen

GTAF Minister of Propaganda

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 27 September 2015 - 02:20 PM

There are no projects avaible. It's an empty place. Only jeet and some crewmembers. Do i need more story missions or something? I've only done a couple.

No, they're sort of shadowy blue outlines. If you don't have the necessary parts, they're little beige outlines.

It's not a well designed feature. 

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2015 - 04:18 PM Edited by Dutch Psycho, 27 September 2015 - 04:19 PM.

No, they're sort of shadowy blue outlines. If you don't have the necessary parts, they're little beige outlines.

It's not a well designed feature. 
So it turned out you DO have to go further into the story missions to activate this feature.

ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:35 AM

Still playing this game, havent beat the story yet because I love going to scrap locations, camps, building strong holds. I finished the airport mission. dont really understand why someone said they never want to do that again, really easy mission.  How much left of the story is there?

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:06 AM

well you visit the airport multiple times.

you might be halfway through the game or you might be very close to the end. depends which part of the airport you did.

ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:25 PM

ahh ok. this was the first time getting there. Im taking my time. Anyone notice the update? it says it fixes alot of the issues.

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 29 September 2015 - 05:05 PM Edited by HeavyDuke, 29 September 2015 - 05:05 PM.

Just beat story mode. It has to be said that it was great on one side and sad on the other one.

I mean, 'spoilers'

Spoiler

Now that i've beaten it, i'll be trying to lower threat at the Pink eye's region to get that final upgraded V8.

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:04 PM Edited by beretta-gt88, 02 October 2015 - 12:12 PM.

patch notes for update 1.03

Welcome Wastelanders!

Patch 3 for Mad Max rolls in a number of improvements, including the “Vehicle Roll” option, which lets you enable more realistic in-air physics. (And, to create more incredible moments in Capture Mode!) In addition to this, there’s a number of general fixes, for both graphics and audio, along with a number of specific updates for 64-bit Windows users. Enjoy all the nitty gritty in the full patch notes, below.

General Updates for All Platforms:

• Added optional “Vehicle roll” setting for more realistic in-air car physics.
  • General performance improvements.
  • Improved data streaming, enabling content to load faster and easier.
  • Improved auto-aim target prioritization.
  • Fixed various audio issues.
  • Made various GUI fixes and improvements.
  • Fixed several instances of the map not loading correctly.
  • Made various mission flow fixes and improvements. This includes retroactively resolving a conditional mission flow blocker that was happening to some players trying to install the Baby Bars during the Wasteland Classic mission after the mission flow had been interrupted.
  • General bug fixes.

ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:06 PM

Theres a setting to turn off the auto level or whatever for the roll physics. Turn it off. Your car now flips over alot more realistically. It wont ever completely flip over (it sorta rights itself after a second or two if you do) but its WAY better than before.

The auto aim prioritization didnt seem to help though.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:53 PM

the auto aim sh/t is the only issue I ever really noticed.

sometimes you're standing amongst 20 assholes and all you wanna' do is shoot the explosive barrel behind them, but the game always chooses some useless crap in front of you to shoot instead.

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:58 AM

I just completed the story, the ending wasn't what I hoped for but it was still a fun game.I did get 0 threat in all areas :cool:  I feel like starting over again :)

gfen
  • gfen

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:17 PM

I've been sitting on the last mission for like two weeks now because I figured once I did that I wouldn't feel like ever doing anymore. I should probably finish this.

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:38 AM Edited by beretta-gt88, 12 October 2015 - 11:03 PM.

I got this from a R* Energy Can of Punched

12120042_780991245362045_215459087137763

gajrajgchouhan
  • gajrajgchouhan

tommycjnikojohnnyluis fan

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:53 AM

Overall a great game on PC,very optimized,I will definitely buy it in steam sales.BTW guys can someone help me with immortal enemy mission where we have to race in the gas town and kill that purple guys leader .Any tips on it ? How did you completed it ? What should I upgrade in my lovely Magnum Opus.(That Speed Demon just blast the first time any one even touches it :( so weak )

gfen
  • gfen

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

Any tips on it ? How did you completed it ? What should I upgrade in my lovely Magnum Opus.(That Speed Demon just blast the first time any one even touches it :( so weak )

Get the Thunderpoon and just destroy everything you're up against.

That one took me a few tries before I realized it wasn't a race at all but just an annoying boss battle where waves of new enemies would keep coming until I destroyed the leader truck.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:19 PM

Overall a great game on PC,very optimized,I will definitely buy it in steam sales.BTW guys can someone help me with immortal enemy mission where we have to race in the gas town and kill that purple guys leader .Any tips on it ? How did you completed it ? What should I upgrade in my lovely Magnum Opus.(That Speed Demon just blast the first time any one even touches it :( so weak )

What gfen said and try to avoid his mines and don't use all your nitro right at the start.Stay with him and only focus on him and not the other ones and then blast that motherf*cker.

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:26 AM

Here's what I used:

Body:Shovel Face

Ramming Grill:Molition Grill

Armor:Fracas Frame

Engine:Ultimate V6

Exhaust:President Exhaust

Tires:Wide Treadies

Suspension:Stiff Stock Springs

Boost:Quad Nitro Boost

Rims:Grindmaster Rims

Hood Ornament Front:Plug Halo:Defense Boost

Hood Ornament Back:Warrior Woman's Bow:Weaponry Boost

Tips:avoid the other cars and concentrate on shooting Stank Gum and evade the mines.

Good Luck!

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:08 AM Edited by Daz, 18 October 2015 - 08:44 PM.

Just picked this up after being finished with MGS.

So far it seems decent, I am enjoying the driving physics and ramming sh*t. However I feel like there is some input lag when it comes to turning. Either when driving or moving your character around. It just doesn't feel anywhere as responsive as almost every other game. The fighting is better than I expected, but so far a little repetitive, I am only a few hours in so I assume it will get better but I was kind of hoping of being able to do moves that I chose rather than random finishers at the game's choice.

The controls are also f*cking weird so that will take some getting used to. I keep firing my shotgun when I don't mean to. Which is another major issue. I really hate how there is basically no shooting. I know ammo would be rare (rarer than the f*cking movie that's for sure) but still. The shotgun basically acts as a melee special kill rather than being used properly.

I would love a nice revolver to f*ck people up with. Where I could actually move and shoot with.

Also all the "hold button to do this"  prompts kind of get annoying. Not so much the indicator but how you have to hold a button to do anything, and there is input lag there as well, so I think I have to press it but I have to hold so I do it again and hold and nothing comes up so I stop and then it shows it coming up and I end up pressing a button 4 times before the prick actually would climb up some sh*t.

That said though, as long as I stay in a vehicle it feels fun enough.

The capture mode is f*cking amazing though. Like the most innovative idea in a game I have seen in a long time. ALL f*cking games need something like this from now on. A keybind to instantly pause and take a snap at any angle.

The complete tedious bullsh*t I have to do in order to do that in GTAV is f*cking insane. So thankful for this. Though my activity feed will be spammed up with images now...

Ncumj1V.jpg

10prV2g.jpg

zLalURp.jpg

Visually better than any other game I have seen. Truly amazing.

• El Diablo, ClaudeSpeed1911, Payne and 1 other like this

gajrajgchouhan
  • gajrajgchouhan

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:20 AM

Sorry for late reply.Thanks to you guys I was able to complete that mission :^:

jollythecat
  • jollythecat

Only in it for the drugs.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:59 PM

Sorry for the "bump" on this old thread.

But I feel it's appropriate to remind people that this game is now on a 70% sale on ps store. (maybe xbox too)

I had my eyes on this game since it came out because I'm a huge Mad Max fan, love all the films.

Never bought the game though, because I felt it would probably be one of those games that live on the hype of the latest film and turn out to be pretty crappy.

With the 70% rebate I could not resist so I bought it, and I haven't put down my controller since.

The game is awesome fun, 100 times better than I thought.

It's not at all what I expected, the open world is real nice, super fun just driving around doing random stuff that appear without even bothering with story missions.

At 70% it's the best game bargain I have ever seen.

If you feel a bit bored with gtao and waiting for the next Fallout dlc, I can highly recommend this game it will exceed your expectation I promise. 

I'm happy to see all the positive reactions to the game in this thread.

Like I said the game is way, way, way better than I thought it would be.

So don't miss the chance to buy it at give away price, you won't regret it. ;)

• Daz likes this

gajrajgchouhan
  • gajrajgchouhan

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:06 PM

Yeah, I played it on PC.Its aweaome but boring at some times.

Great game though.

Great game though.

Great game though.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:05 PM

Yeah, this sh*t was win. It's a shame more movie's don't use this formula for games. It somehow has completely different story, yet somehow so similar in every other way. The worst thing to do is try to make an exact copy of a movie and try to force every scene from a movie into a game. You end up with parts that never happened, or parts that did but went completely differently. This is by far the best way to do it.

Release movie > make game with completely different plot but using all the same assets and universe as the movie > winner winner chicken dinner

My only real complaint was that there was no proper guns in the game, even if bullets were rare I would have loved to see an actual proper TPS shooting mechanic and some different types of weapons. The game is more of a vehicle combat and brawler game. Which works well for a simple "I want to punch a hole in someones face and utterly destroy a crowd" feel. But doesn't exactly have the dexterity to be a satisfying martial arts masterpiece with precise and thought out moves. It's just a grizzly barfight of a game. The driving was decent though I had a little bit of input lag when steering but there isn't a whole lot to run into so it's passable.

But that screenshot editor, f*ck me, seeing my screens above just makes me want to go back and do more with that. I badly wish that feature was avaliable in more games. Just the sheer instant nature of it sh*ts all over anything else I have seen. To take a shot like that could take you mere seconds, in GTAV it would literally take you 15 minutes just to save a clip, get to the editor, seek through a video, find the right shaders and angles. All this sh*t is so smooth I can't praise it enough.

It's not the best game in the world, sure, but I really expected a massive turd of a game, or some cheap sh*tty arcade game like that Rambo game that came out that was an on rails shooter. But this oddly was one of the better games of the year, even if the game was practically a ubisoft styled big collectible hunt in essence.

• Payne likes this

wannaslide
  • wannaslide

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:10 PM

I bought it on release and had no regrets, awesome game 👍

Craigsters
  • Craigsters

no, I haven't been up all night on my PC

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Craigsters, 2 days ago.

I choose my first car body, the mustang one and had my first brawl and obtained a shiv/shank and returned to Chumbucket's garage and I'm ready for the next part of his chapter, most likely another car part 

I only managed to blow up two cars with my gun well driving so far and rammed another car off the road  

gfen
  • gfen

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 2 days ago

Learn to harpoon off front tires and doors/driver combos.

Craigsters
  • Craigsters

no, I haven't been up all night on my PC

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 days ago

the body loot  system seems like hardly any of those you killed have anything in there body's to loot

I had no issues finding scrap and fuel so far 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users