» «
Photo

MAD MAX

113 replies to this topic
JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:16 AM Edited by JOSEPH X, 11 June 2013 - 03:05 PM.

user posted image

user posted image

Play as Mad Max, a lone warrior who must embark on a dangerous journey
after his Interceptor is stolen by a deadly gang of marauders. A reluctant
hero with an instinct for survival, Max wants nothing more than to leave
the madness behind and find solace in the storied “Plains of Silence”.

Teaser:

Official:
http://www.madmaxgame.com

Screens:

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

Looks great, but I try to rather not get in the overhyping. Avalanche studios isn't that experienced to make something briliant and I wouldn't like to get sh*tty Mad Max. Let's hope they get at least driving physics right, not like the one in JC.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

They should get Mel Gibson to do the voice.

He could do with the work I'm sure.

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

I don't know anything about Mad Max, could anyone fill me in? Would could we expect from the game?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 09:31)
Looks great, but I try to rather not get in the overhyping. Avalanche studios isn't that experienced to make something briliant and I wouldn't like to get sh*tty Mad Max. Let's hope they get at least driving physics right, not like the one in JC.

That's the only thing that's worrying me. I never played Just Because or Just Because 2, 'cause I heard they were like kids games, and the world was big but sterile and repetitive.

Mad Max is a more dark and gritty adult story, with some moments that are Aussie humour. It's all about survival and and action rather than survival horror. That's going to be difficult for Avalanche to pull off.

I think the original writer of the movie - George Miller - is involved in some way, so that would be a plus if it's true. I remember reading something a while ago about him making a game of the movie, so I did a little search and dug up the article

From 2011:
“After resisting the impulse for years, and watching imitators clean up, Miller is now finally going to make Mad Max, the game,” says the article. The game was originally going to be made in Sweden (we guess Just Cause 2 developers Avalanche Studios would be the perfect fit) until Miller met LA Noire creator Brendan McNamara, who seems to be working on the game.

http://www.pcgamer.c...ge-miller/#null

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:33 AM Edited by JOSEPH X, 11 June 2013 - 11:37 AM.

QUOTE (ainsz @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 11:16)
I don't know anything about Mad Max, could anyone fill me in? Would could we expect from the game?

MAD MAX is a trilogy of films that shot Mel Gibson to stardom in the 80's and went from being a cult hit in the first movie to an international blockbuster by the third.

The story takes place after a complete breakdown of society when the oil starts to run out. Max's wife is killed by a gang and Max goes out to get vengeance. It's all about the stuggle to get gasoline and resources while surviving amongst hostile enemies.

Here's a link to a stream of MAD MAX 2 I think it was the best one.

http://www.solarmovi...nk/show/849867/

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Thanks, sounds interesting - ill have to give the films a try.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Is it open world?

Avalanche already had a pretty decent Open World Game with JC2.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 12:19)
Is it open world?

Avalanche already had a pretty decent Open World Game with JC2.

It should be an open world - that would be the first check box if it is to be like the movies. I've no doubt Avalanche can deliver that. It's coming to the 360 and PS3 as well as the PS4 and the Xbox One, but the older hardware didn't stop Avalanche from making massive maps.

Some of the elements needed to make it true to MAD MAX might also work in Avalanches favour. Here is what I think it needs to have:

- Fuel in cars and scaveging fuel. This is a major part of the world MAD MAX lives in - it's basically whet the story is all about.

- Vast distances of barren desert between locations for you to worry about fuel consumption.

- Limited ammo. We saw that in the trailer so I'm confident about that.

- Wear and tear on cars, you have to scavenge parts to keep your car going

- An Australian sheepdog

- Boomerangs.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

Wait what?
I thought those screens were from Just Cause 3?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 14:03)
Wait what?

SRSLY?

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 15:08)
Wait what?

SRSLY?

Actually...

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

Man they could easily ask Mel Gibson to do some voice acting.

Happy to know it's Avalanche Studious steering the wheel. Credible developer with experience in open-world gameplay. Heck they could turn this into Just Cause 3 if they want to.

Colonel_Buttfuck
  • Colonel_Buttfuck

Destroyer Of Worlds

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Forget about Gibson. There is a new Mad Max movie called Fury Road coming out with Tom Hardy as Max, so if anyone, it will be Hardy doing the voice. That is if the game is based on the movie.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

f*cking boss.

That is all.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 14:12)
QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 15:08)
Wait what?

SRSLY?

Actually...

Removed!

user posted image

user posted image

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

user posted image

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

Judging by the story it will have to take place between first and second part of the movie. I also hope they will keep the aussie atmosphere and add a lot and I mean a lot cars from down under. Landau, Holdens, Falcons? Hell, yeah.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (Colonel_Buttf*ck @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 15:01)
Forget about Gibson. There is a new Mad Max movie called Fury Road coming out with Tom Hardy as Max, so if anyone, it will be Hardy doing the voice. That is if the game is based on the movie.

Nonsense. Gibson is Mad Max.

Unless this is some sh*tty tie-in (which it doesn't appear to be) with the new film then they can have Hardy, otherwise they should at least try to get Riggs to do it first.

I'm pleased. Up until now, Fallout had to serve as my Mad Max game, now we get the real thing. Wonder if Dog will be in it?

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

Needs some Tina Turner.....

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

Finally, I remember them mentioning a game about Mad Max acouple years back as well as another Mad Max film, which I don't think Mad Max revamped film wise would be a good decision, noone can replace the Gibson. But as far as the game, I'd definitely buy this.. I f*cking grew up with Mad Max. Bring it on.. now all we need is Tina and the Thunderdome

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

Oi'll droive that tanka.

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 22:02)
now all we need is Tina and the Thunderdome

C'mon guys, can't we just get BEYOND Thunderdome?

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

F*ck yeah. biggrin.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

Some deets from the producer:

- Open world

- completely new story not based on any of the films. Reintroduces Max to a new audience but is the same Max with the same demons.

- Car combat a massive part based on physics.

- build your own vehicle

- modify it to make it a weapon. Armour, weight, tyre grip to make it better at ramming etc.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

Anyhow I recently got Just Cause 2, and I’ve enjoyed it so I do have faith, I just think there needs to be general improvements to it, such as Driving is a big part so I hope it’s damn good JC2’s driving was pretty bad, foot combat I hope is better than JC2, well at least close combat which it looks to be from those screens.

That said I've been waiting for this, this has to be the best news of E3 in my eyes, only way it gets better is Fallout 4 (imagine both Mad Max and Fallout in the same year, the Post Apocalyptic Junkies dream)

Also glad to hear in the pursuit of geting the Interceptor back we can customize our own Vehicle while doing it, seeing as I've wanted a Mad Max game since I've seen the movies, this is high on my list, hoping to see a good number of '70's Austrialian cars from Falcons (well duh we have one allready) to Monaro's and I hope the Valient Charger makes it in as well.

Also supplies, especially gas NEED to be scarce, seeing as the trailer showed that ammo bit I have hope. Same with the car news, seeing as it's abig part Gas may be as well.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 19:20)
- completely new story not based on any of the films. Reintroduces Max to a new audience but is the same Max with the same demons.

Its set between the first and second films right? so basically the same setting as Mad Max 2, the best film of the series imo. I can't wait, that's one of the best films.

Avalaunche really impressed me with JC2. For anyone worried about the driving, JC2 was all about the grabblehook. In this, it looks like they'll focus on the driving more in this one. Should be good.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 08:41)
QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 19:20)

Its set between the first and second films right? so basically the same setting as Mad Max 2, the best film of the series imo. I can't wait, that's one of the best films.

Avalaunche really impressed me with JC2. For anyone worried about the driving, JC2 was all about the grabblehook. In this, it looks like they'll focus on the driving more in this one. Should be good.

Something akin to the grapplehook will be in MAD MAX. He will have a harpoon gun that he can pull enemies out of their vehicle with or burst tyres with according to IGN. Avalanche sure are married to that mechanic (not a car mechanic of course)

IGN also said they were disappointed how easily enemy vehicles were destroyed, but that looting and upgrading gear and car were good.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Wow this game looks great, I can't believe how people are calling this Fallout rip off. confused.gif

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeed1911 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 11:09)
Wow this game looks great, I can't believe how people are calling this Fallout rip off. confused.gif

Unfortunately there are people in this generation way more familiar with Fallout than with Mad Max.

But holy f*ck, dat Enforcer.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:52 AM

No Multiplayer.
http://www.gamespot....player-6410103/

Doesn't bother me in the slightest to be honest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users