14 replies to this topic
EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

So, what DAW do you guys use?

When I first started recording I used Audacity, then I moved to Mixcraft, and now I'm at Reaper... definitely one of the best DAWS I've ever used.

I also use FL Studio to make beats and sh*t.

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

I do everything in FL Studio 10.
I've been told I should use a separate program to mix my vocals but I don't feel like learning another program.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 06:52)
I've been told I should use a separate program to mix my vocals but I don't feel like learning another program.

I use Reaper for my metal mixing and everything, it's a simple program once you learn it. Took me a day or two, but I'm a pretty quick learner.

I still haven't got much experience in FL Studio though, I'm working on a rap beat right now.

Ats.
  • Ats.

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

Ableton Live.

sh*ts nice

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 07:33)
QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 06:52)

I use Reaper for my metal mixing and everything, it's a simple program once you learn it. Took me a day or two, but I'm a pretty quick learner.

I still haven't got much experience in FL Studio though, I'm working on a rap beat right now.

Reaper, huh?
I'll look into it if it can be used as a more professional mixing tool.
My main thing right now is getting my vocals to sound clean & sit well within the song, It's proving to be a bit difficult.

ErrorDubstep
  • ErrorDubstep

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

I use Fl Studio 11 for the Creating, then Ill sample and Master in Cubase 5

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

Pro Tools, but really only for vocals.

I used to use Reaper as well. Not a bad program by any means.

locolow2011
  • locolow2011

Rock on

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:35 AM

I've been using mixcraft 5 for almost a year and i have recently moved to mixcraft 6 but i'm looking for something else, what i'm looking for is a DAW that can help me do some more real/better virtual instruments, mixcraft is alright but as my music writing skills grow i need something a little better sounding, i do electronic rock music(kinda like Pink Floyd meets Kavinsky but with a bigger "atmosphere" i guess.)

I was thinking about maybe moving into ableton, if you guys could reccomend me some other DAWs or virtual instruments for what i need i would be extremely grateful.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (locolow2011 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 01:35)
I've been using mixcraft 5 for almost a year and i have recently moved to mixcraft 6 but i'm looking for something else, what i'm looking for is a DAW that can help me do some more real/better virtual instruments, mixcraft is alright but as my music writing skills grow i need something a little better sounding, i do electronic rock music(kinda like Pink Floyd meets Kavinsky but with a bigger "atmosphere" i guess.)

I was thinking about maybe moving into ableton, if you guys could reccomend me some other DAWs or virtual instruments for what i need i would be extremely grateful.

Funny you should mention that, I used to use Mixcraft 6 before I switched over to Reaper. I would recommend Reaper if you just want an easy to use, effective program for recording and mixing music, but it seems for you, that is not the case.

You are looking for a program that has good virtual instruments, correct? What I use is FL Studio 11 Producer Edition for all of my other stuff besides metal. It's actually really simple to map out all your stuff using the piano roll.

The VI's that come with it are alright, but I have a lot of awesome VST's that have a lot of synths and VI's and whatnot that I have downloaded, ReFX Nexus being the absolute best (but it's not free.) Here is a good site that has a lot of them, and free VST's (thanks to cbiscuit93 for providing me with the link)

VST4Free

Good luck with your stuff man. If you need anything else, feel free to inbox me.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

I've recently started off by using Audacity. I'm really liking creating my own stuff. I'm new to it, BTW.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 05:11)
I've recently started off by using Audacity. I'm really liking creating my own stuff. I'm new to it, BTW.

Yeah man, it's one of the best things you can do, in my opinion. I rarely ever play cover songs any more. There's so many different ways to approach a riff, there's a million different ways to play one too. In the end, it's YOUR song. It's nice to have something like that, that you can call it yours.

The little things always count in a song too, there's a lot of little things in a song that makes it sound more alive, and sometimes you won't even really notice it, but it makes a big difference.

Audacity is pretty good, it's a good beginner program. If you want a metronome to play to, instead of downloading a metronome program on your iPod or something, you can go to the generate tab and hit click track, and set the tempo, and once you're done recording, just delete the click track.

Like I said dude, just make up your own song, and if you want me to, I'll add a drum and bass track to it.

Good luck man. icon14.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 01:42)
Like I said dude, just make up your own song, and if you want me to, I'll add a drum and bass track to it.

Good luck man. icon14.gif

That'll really help a lot once I get done creating something. icon14.gif

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 05:44)
QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 01:42)

Good luck man.  icon14.gif

That'll really help a lot once I get done creating something. icon14.gif

Well, just feel free to message me any time you need help with something. I'll make drum tracks or whatever to anything you want me to. icon14.gif

locolow2011
  • locolow2011

Rock on

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

@gtafreak10 Thanks alot mate!! Really appreciate the suggestions, i'm definitely checking out fl studio and the vst website as soon as i have time.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

I use FL Studio 9. Basically all of my projects were started using that and I'm reluctant to upgrade since the newer version might not open them properly and I'm also currently not using a PC powerful enough to finish composing and mastering my songs. I want to be able to change that by next year. I have so many projects left unfinished; they are all a part of my past that needs some closure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users