PS3 Bundle & Headset Announced

158 replies to this topic
Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (visionist @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 10:52)
Only available on the US site? They ship to the UK but of course not to Italy (dunno why Italy has to get schafted for shipping on everything)

Currently yes.
I haven't found any stockists for Europe yet.
I left a message on Rockstar Newswire asking about EU customers, so hopefully they reply.

twistedweather
  • twistedweather

dust in the wind

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

dog-gone-it!!!
at a glance, I thought the headphones came with the bundle....what a deal! NOT
tricky marketing...Glad I checked out this thread

Bought an Uncharted 3 PS3 bundle not too long ago
I will survive with my GTAV Special Edition smile.gif

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

Will I still get access to the blimp if I pre-order the GTA V PS3 Bundle?

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:43 PM Edited by Sam_S_Rosevelt, 30 June 2013 - 02:46 PM.

QUOTE (twistedweather @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 21:11)
dog-gone-it!!! 
at a glance, I thought the headphones came with the bundle....what a deal! NOT
tricky marketing...Glad I checked out this thread

I know right!

Will I still get access to the blimp if I pre-order the GTA V PS3 Bundle?

Most probably.
The Atomic Blimp code will likely be shipped inside the first batch of all printed copies of GTA V. (Much like how the Nuke Town map for COD:BO2 wasn't really a pre-order bonus)

I'd email [email protected] or give your local game store a call closer to the time though.

THEMANatwar
  • THEMANatwar

Work Hard, Play Hard

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (KingJames37 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 12:00)
in the bundle it says it includes:

"6 Additional games unlocked for your PS Vita™ system"

I know it's unlikely but what if this included all the past GTAs since 3??

as a vita owner that never uses it, this would be amazing.

this could be some of the "additional information" they mentioned.

(I'm just dreaming) tounge2.gif

I think it deals with the PS plus membership that is included in the bundle. IIRC there are several games available on the PS Store that are free with a plus membership for the Vita.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

I need these headphones in Europe!

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

HowLongUntilTrumpLeaves.com

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:02 PM Edited by Audiophile, 30 June 2013 - 08:04 PM.

Regarding the headset I just want to post this from another thread:

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 01:46)
I have no idea but it's supposed to utilize the BassImpact feature of the headset along with the other features to bring out the sounds specifically in GTA V i.e. the way you hear explosions, music etc. The custom V sound mode basically tailors the features of the headset to bring out the most in what you can hear.

I can report that the Pulse are indeed worth the price and offer amazing sound but the GTA V edition are not worth it. You're paying so much more solely for the GTA V design since Sony has confirmed that the custom audio mode will be made available to all Pulse Elite owners via the manager.

If you can't be arsed enough to care what the design looks like just pick up these ones like I did: http://www.gamestop....-edition/102416

Cheaper and the exact same thing with the exact same custom audio mode being made available to you.

EDIT: Regarding what THEMANatwar asked, this is probably a better answer than I had provided earlier:

PULSE-Elite Edition Manager (PEM)

The PULSE-Elite Edition Manager (PEM) allows owners of the PULSE Wireless Stereo Headset-Elite Edition to download new audio MODES to their Pulse headset. The new Modes not only add BassImpact to the new Game, Movie, and Music genres, but in some cases, they alter the sound profile of the original score to emphasize certain sounds in order to deliver the optimal audio experience.

Sony has confirmed on their site that you don't need to get the more expensive GTA V edition of the Pulse headset because they will make the custom audio mode available to anyone that owns the Pulse Elite. Your best bet is to pick up the regular Pulse Elite since you'll be hearing the exact same but for cheaper. What you're paying for, for the GTA V edition is just the design. I went ahead and bought the regular Pulse Elite that I linked to in my quoted post.

I am just letting everyone know in case they aren't aware that the sound mode will be made available to anyone with the Pulse Elite since I didn't know before either until I read a response from a Sony rep responding to a question about the regular Pulse Elite.

But if you want to buy it for the design and just to add it to your GTA collection then that's a valid reason to want them but if you just want the sound mode you would be better off getting the regular ones. Either way I hope this helps some people in making a decision about the headset. smile.gif

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

So what's the difference between the Pulse and Pulse Elite (apart from price!) and will the Pulse also receive a GTA V audio software update?

-On Amazon UK-

realizment
  • realizment

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:26 AM

Anyone having issue with the gtav setting bit pulsing?? It did once not anymore. Not the first time the second time I turned them on. It pulses on all other settings .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users