Photo

Tom Clancy's The Division

294 replies to this topic
lh1
  • lh1

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 17:59)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 19:53)
QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 20:50)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 19:34)
Is he trying to compare an open-world racer to an MMO/TPS? lmfao, gtfo.

he is mad because it most likely wont come to PC

1. It's Ubisoft, of course they will.
2. http://blog.games.co...s-the-division/ possible release for PC in winter 2015.

possible release: N/A

and btw:

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=440438

trusting Ubisoft as a PC gamer lol

Guess you don't know how PR works.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (lh1 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 20:02)
QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 17:59)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 19:53)
QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 20:50)

1. It's Ubisoft, of course they will.
2. http://blog.games.co...s-the-division/ possible release for PC in winter 2015.

possible release: N/A

and btw:

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=440438

trusting Ubisoft as a PC gamer lol

Guess you don't know how PR works.

its PR to f*ck with PC players?

seems like they doin it wrong when almost every PC player hates UBI

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 17:50)

Why so certain? Provide source otherwise.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 19:50)

I though it was clear what I thought of the game.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 17:44)

'generic boring futuristic shooter'

I'm curious as to why you can even begin to think you know how the game even plays out? Have you played the game? Didn't think so.. but I'm also curious as to how you're comparing or even pitting a racer over a totally different genre? That sir makes your thoughts irrelevant and just ignorant. If you don't have anything to contribute worthwhile to this topic or anything worth reading, simply leave this topic.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

If you're interested about updates there's 'thedivisionworld' it's a nice fan-made website.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 18:11)

I'm curious as to why you can even begin to think you know how the game even plays out? Have you played the game? Didn't think so.. but I'm also curious as to how you're comparing or even pitting a racer over a totally different genre? That sir makes your thoughts irrelevant and just ignorant. If you don't have anything to contribute worthwhile to this topic or anything worth reading, simply leave this topic.

It's funny because Street Mix has proved time and time again over the years that's he's incapable of rational, objective, reasonable thought. Don't take anything he says seriously, ever.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 16:31)
“We designed the game to be endless gameplay. It’s hundreds, if not thousands of hours of gameplay that we hope people will enjoy.”

Well holy watch dog sh*t.

I am all for that.

The only other games I have 1000 hours on is Battlefield 2, Rainbow Six: Vegas, and Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas.

This sounds totally like the type of game I have been wanting for years, actually a reason to always turn the game on and feel like you are always achieving and the game never becoming stale.

I have been playing Defiance alot, that has EASILY kept me occupied for more than 2 months straight since release, so I have no doubt this game will keep your attention pretty damn well.

Unless they force the PvP situations on you during singleplayer, in which case it may drive me away for good.

I am hoping that is a separate option that you can turn those engagements off.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (The-King @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 01:25)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 18:11)

It's funny because Street Mix has proved time and time again over the years that's he's incapable of rational, objective, reasonable thought. Don't take anything he says seriously, ever.

Seems that way, I've never even seen this guy before I don't think.

“We designed the game to be endless gameplay. It’s hundreds, if not thousands of hours of gameplay that we hope people will enjoy.”

Finally, glad to hear that. I'll def be a Division whore.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

GunWrath, PC gamer yes? we make crew yes?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

Nah, no PC. I'll be on console. We already got a Division team set up tounge.gif So if you ever convert over.. hit me up.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

Sorry.. :| PS4 needs PS+ and PS+ isn't available in Romania sooo... tounge.gif

Come to the light side... we got milk and cookies. Aw man, I am disappointed. Have fun.

Anyone up for a crew for the PC? For the inevitable PC release? smile.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

Maybe in the future.. my PC crashed acouple months back and I've ordered the parts just haven't gotten around to rebuilding it. I rather relax on my couch with a console though.. but I may do the Division on PC if I muster up the energy to build it. So don't be discouraged.

ghost420
  • ghost420

Im sorry about this.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:53 AM

Looks pretty awesome. The voices seemed to have no emotion lol.

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

GTAF are a joke now...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 17:23)
Nah, no PC. I'll be on console. We already got a Division team set up tounge.gif So if you ever convert over.. hit me up.

You going PS4 or X1, GW?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:22 AM Edited by GunWrath, 04 July 2013 - 08:24 AM.

I believe I'm headed over to PS4 this go around .. then I'll buy an X1 later down the road for the exclusives.. Forza 5, RYSE, TitanFall and Quantum Break.

Also, they have wallpapers, facebook covers and forum signatures now for downloads and use:
http://tomclancy-the...dies/index.aspx

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 13:31)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 06:35)
QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 00:30)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 06:23)
My friend and I were worried that they'd end the conference with either that lame WD CGI trailer, or some sh*tty Black Flag gameplay. I thought there was no hope for an epic conclusion until they said  "...Online RPG, free roam". Jesus, that game looks utterly amazing. Ubi have already secured my purchase.

It seems like a lot of PS4 games are going MMO-style, which I am loving. Can't wait for DayZ standalone especially.

like I said, lets just hope they dont downgrade it till release

Why would they downgrade it? If anything, it seems logical for them to only improve it.

Cause they even did it with far cry. Some say they also downgraded WD already from what we saw 2012

Got to agree here. Watch_Dogs looked leaps and bounds ahead of what it looks now, back in 2012. A very high-end PC's effect, perhaps?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

Either way, it's next-gen, it will look far better than what we currently play on current gen.. this is only early products for the next-gen. Games will improve as they learn and are able to fully flex the power of the hardware.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 08:22)
I believe I'm headed over to PS4 this go around .. then I'll buy an X1 later down the road for the exclusives.. Forza 5, RYSE, TitanFall and Quantum Break.

Also, they have wallpapers, facebook covers and forum signatures now for downloads and use:
http://tomclancy-the...dies/index.aspx

Aren't you gonna mention Dead Rising 3 , it's an exclusive after all

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

I'm not a fan of Deadrising

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 14:35)
I'm not a fan of Deadrising

Ok , just trying to tell you

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

This game needs vehicles and the ability to build your own little hideout from scavenged parts.

Otherwise it'd be pretty generic tbh.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

I find it better that so far anyways, it doesn't involve the ability to drive. I find it cooler that it requires walking around, it gives you a better chance to notice your surroundings and what the game has to offer detail wise. Almost puts you in the shoes of the agents themselves or in that aspect of 'being there'. Rather than hot-wiring some vehicle or hopping in some vehicle, driving to whatever destination, get out, finish mission, drive to next. It makes the game last longer and makes you really aware of your corners. It's tactics man.. driving would just disrupt that.. atleast in my opinion.

Basically you have to scavenge for supplies to survive, water, etc.. and driving around would make you too noticeable by other teams. In this type of situation, it's best to be slow and cautious. I think it's far from generic. It's something that hasn't been done yet.. just from the reveal trailer, it's blown me away more than any game in the last 5yrs, hell maybe even a decade. It's more of a game that I've always wanted and I can't emphasize enough how much I've talked about a game like this to friends and all that.

I think most of the skeptical people will be blown away as well.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 15:47)
QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 13:31)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 06:35)
QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 00:30)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 06:23)
My friend and I were worried that they'd end the conference with either that lame WD CGI trailer, or some sh*tty Black Flag gameplay. I thought there was no hope for an epic conclusion until they said  "...Online RPG, free roam". Jesus, that game looks utterly amazing. Ubi have already secured my purchase.

It seems like a lot of PS4 games are going MMO-style, which I am loving. Can't wait for DayZ standalone especially.

like I said, lets just hope they dont downgrade it till release

Why would they downgrade it? If anything, it seems logical for them to only improve it.

Cause they even did it with far cry. Some say they also downgraded WD already from what we saw 2012

Got to agree here. Watch_Dogs looked leaps and bounds ahead of what it looks now, back in 2012. A very high-end PC's effect, perhaps?

I guess its because those games are developed for PC. When you make a Game for PC you code them to ultra high end PCs with more than one top notch GPU ( like the ones they used on E3 or Reveal)
What they then do is downgrading it cause actually noone would be able to play it cause the game also has to run on mid and low end PCs. So basicly the Dev Version always looks better before they downgrade it.
The reason for this is that downgrading is way easier than upgrading ( in development)

That was said by DICE.

So now for The Division I think it is possible that it will look even better when it gets released in Winter 2014 because it developed for console. When Developing for a fixed system you can target a certain level directly from the start cause you have the same power on all PS4s and X1s and the devs know the power from start and dont have to make the game run on millions of different PCs with different hardware. the Engine they use is tailor made for next gen consoles according to their website.
And if you watch previous Ubi console titles like Ghost Recon, they always looked as good as their first showcase.

And if you think about it, the game must have been shower on a console dev kit as their is no PC Version in develolment. So they cant do it like Dice and let it run on a "PC with similar specs".

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 15:19)
I find it better that so far anyways, it doesn't involve the ability to drive. I find it cooler that it requires walking around, it gives you a better chance to notice your surroundings and what the game has to offer detail wise. Almost puts you in the shoes of the agents themselves or in that aspect of 'being there'. Rather than hot-wiring some vehicle or hopping in some vehicle, driving to whatever destination, get out, finish mission, drive to next. It makes the game last longer and makes you really aware of your corners. It's tactics man.. driving would just disrupt that.. atleast in my opinion.

Basically you have to scavenge for supplies to survive, water, etc.. and driving around would make you too noticeable by other teams. In this type of situation, it's best to be slow and cautious. I think it's far from generic. It's something that hasn't been done yet.. just from the reveal trailer, it's blown me away more than any game in the last 5yrs, hell maybe even a decade. It's more of a game that I've always wanted and I can't emphasize enough how much I've talked about a game like this to friends and all that.

It wouldn't be like GTA where you see cars everywhere. Cars would be a rarity, same with fuel, and would be easily broken which requires scavenging parts to keep it running. Imagine sharing an NY taxi between your friends and using it on a huge attack. It'd be the Division's equivalent of a tank. Storing the car would be a little challenge too, you'd have to find somewhere good. And as you said, driving makes you loud so people would be less likely to drive a car, but the option being there would be brilliant.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by josephene123, 04 July 2013 - 10:30 PM.

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 22:00)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 15:19)

It wouldn't be like GTA where you see cars everywhere. Cars would be a rarity, same with fuel, and would be easily broken which requires scavenging parts to keep it running. Imagine sharing an NY taxi between your friends and using it on a huge attack. It'd be the Division's equivalent of a tank. Storing the car would be a little challenge too, you'd have to find somewhere good. And as you said, driving makes you loud so people would be less likely to drive a car, but the option being there would be brilliant.

And whilst Driving might get you from A to B in some situations a lot faster, I'd hope one of the disadvantages would be that other teams could set up ambushes or spring out and attack you as you're a bigger and louder/more noticeable target. That'd be awesome.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 08:59)
This game needs vehicles and the ability to build your own little hideout from scavenged parts.

disagree.
ordinary vehicles would ruin a game like this.

the only way it might work is if teams of players (like a guild) could collectively build extremely rare, limited-use combat vehicles ONLY after scavenging so many resources.
in an atmosphere like The Division, you would have to assume that most of the old vehicles lying in the street have long ago had their ignitions and batteries and other important components stripped by other scavengers. they're long gone.

you couldn't just find an old Toyota, fix it up with some duct tape, and suddenly be cruising down the road.
any vehicles used in the game (other than those military drones) should be scrap-metal junkers. think 'Mad Max' style where vehicles are simply thrown together from trash.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 00:36)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 08:59)

disagree.
ordinary vehicles would ruin a game like this.

the only way it might work is if teams of players (like a guild) could collectively build extremely rare, limited-use combat vehicles ONLY after scavenging so many resources.
in an atmosphere like The Division, you would have to assume that most of the old vehicles lying in the street have long had their ignitions and batteries and other important components stripped by other scavengers.

you couldn't just find an old Toyota, fix it up with some duct tape, and suddenly be cruising down the road.
any vehicles used in the game (other than those military drones) should be scrap-metal junkers. think 'Mad Max' style where vehicles are simply thrown together from trash.

Go onto the gameplay video on the first page and pause the video at 2:27 and then watch the road that the player is kind of staring at about 40 meters ahead.

Car. Driving.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

it doesn't change my point.
most of the vehicles on the street are damaged goods that have been heavily scavenged.

the car you're pointing out looks like 'background' noise.
like it's part of the scenery/skybox or an NPC was driving it just to add some effect.

we don't know the whole premise of the story yet, do we?
it looks like most of the vehicles scattered on the streets are out of commission. and unless you're a mechanic with a full set of tools hiding in your back pocket, I doubt you could get them up and running. good luck finding gasoline, too.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 01:02)
it doesn't change my point.
most of the vehicles on the street are damaged goods that have been heavily scavenged.

the car you're pointing out looks like 'background' noise.
like it's part of the scenery/skybox or an NPC was driving it just to add some effect.

we don't know the whole premise of the story yet, do we?
it looks like most of the vehicles scattered on the streets are out of commission. and unless you're a mechanic with a full set of tools hiding in your back pocket, I doubt you could get them up and running. good luck finding gasoline, too.

Wasn't trying to challenge you, I realize it might have sounded that way but I was just pointing it out. Seems pretty likely we will get some form of car to drive if we saw the NPC's driving it nonetheless, right? And although what very very little glimpse we saw did look fairly ordinary to me (rather than bits of rubbish pieced together) I'm hoping that they do it the way that you said too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users