Photo

Tom Clancy's The Division

294 replies to this topic
Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 18:53)
i guess their main reason for not having a pc port was because they had to create and maintain more servers just for PC users.

They eventually will. They must. :'(

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:43)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 22:11)
It was running on a PS4 dev kit.

W/c means it might be significantly better than its base PS4 counterpart because dev kits usually have lesser power than the console itself.

Also, there's no problem if The Division is an MMO, 'cause there is singleplayer. Also, IDT it will unnecessarily put others in the game w/o asking for the player's input.
Correct me, but I think you'll have to invite others first in your session in order to play with them, right?

No. DEV kits have the same hardware. They only have more RAM

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:28)
They only have more RAM

No.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 19:35)
They only have more RAM

No.

Cmon shut up.
Jonathan Blow even proofed it while discussing it on twitter... dev kits have same Cpu and Gpu and only more Ram...

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:35)
They only have more RAM

No.

Yes, they only have more RAM. The actual hardware is exactly on par with the PS4. Jonathon blow even took it to Twitter.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

user posted image
user posted image

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:46 PM Edited by nigelhere9901, 15 June 2013 - 05:58 PM.

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:37)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 19:35)
They only have more RAM

No.

Cmon shut up.
Jonathan Blow even proofed it while discussing it on twitter... dev kits have same Cpu and Gpu and only more Ram...

That's not true, it depends on the console, last gen, the biggest bottleneck was the measly amount of RAM, so the developer kits were equipped with more RAM.

It's possible that the developer kits that The Division was running could have a superior GPU or CPU, it's purpose is to alleviate the overheads that the PC APIs suffer from.

INB4Therearenobottleneckswhichisabsolutebullsh*t.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

iNero, why do you have twitter in Arabic? o_O

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 19:50)

Cause those pics are from neogaf

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

Riight. Danke.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

I'm having seperation anxiety with this game sad.gif I neeeeed it, f*cking yesterday.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 06:56)
I'm having seperation anxiety with this game sad.gif I neeeeed it, f*cking yesterday.

Same, it looks really really good, and being a Tom Clancy game it shouldn't be piss easy either.
I'm disappointed the chatter wasn't AI talk, but I am really digging the voice enhancer

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:26 AM Edited by Ibrahimhassounah, 18 June 2013 - 02:28 AM.

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:45)
user posted image
user posted image

Jonathan Blow is an a**hole like really he said first that it is impossible that Microsoft will make Cloud Computing Power then in E3 event when they announced Forza 5 , TitanFall and Sunset Overdrive is using Cloud Computing Power, he was wrong then he wanted to be more as a more a**hole and began saying that they used Nvidia PC , this is a proof that this is not true ;

http://www.forzacent...cs-at-e3.39428/

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:59)

And what is the problem with arab ?

FernandoACPAlves
  • FernandoACPAlves

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 02:29)
QUOTE (iNero @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:59)

And what is the problem with arab ?

Nothing but since his profile says he is German it was a normal thing to ask.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 04:26)
user posted image
user posted image

Jonathan Blow is an a**hole like really he said first that it is impossible that Microsoft will make Cloud Computing Power then in E3 event when they announced Forza 5 , TitanFall and Sunset Overdrive is using Cloud Computing Power, he was wrong then he wanted to be more as a more a**hole and began saying that they used Nvidia PC , this is a proof that this is not true ;

where was he wrong?

even Digital FOundry said that its irrelevant for gaming...

first: latency is way too high
second: 3rd Party devs wont include it as it tooks too much time to implement such a thing for one plattform.
third: the only thing that cloud computing is able to do is AI and some smaller physics...

you wont see it rendering textures or 3D models as the latency is way too high, even with fiber optic...

Cloud Computing is a PR thing of MS to compensate the lack of hardware power to the PS4. that is confirmed by multiple sources.

either way, you wont see cloud computing in any multiplattform title except all plattforms will have a use for it. SOny can easily implement such a feature if they want ( according to avalanche studios)

so this guy knows what he is talkin about... he has a dev kit on his own and works with it every day.

WastedEngland
  • WastedEngland

Miscreant.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Really sucks this isn't certainly coming to PC, it looks amazing.

In the meantime, I'm using some GTA 4 mods to hold me over.
It's not the same, but it'll do.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 18:59)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 06:56)

Same, it looks really really good, and being a Tom Clancy game it shouldn't be piss easy either.
I'm disappointed the chatter wasn't AI talk, but I am really digging the voice enhancer

Yeah, for acouple days I sincerely thought that was the AI talk lol.gif but yeah, I'm happy for the enhancer as well. I think this will make one of the greater teamplay games out there in quite some time. I'm looking ahead for later trailers/gameplay.. Just what we saw was only a glimpse.. I can only imagine what else they have in store.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 02:57)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 04:26)
user posted image
user posted image

where was he wrong?

even Digital FOundry said that its irrelevant for gaming...

first: latency is way too high
second: 3rd Party devs wont include it as it tooks too much time to implement such a thing for one plattform.
third: the only thing that cloud computing is able to do is AI and some smaller physics...

you wont see it rendering textures or 3D models as the latency is way too high, even with fiber optic...

Cloud Computing is a PR thing of MS to compensate the lack of hardware power to the PS4. that is confirmed by multiple sources.

either way, you wont see cloud computing in any multiplattform title except all plattforms will have a use for it. SOny can easily implement such a feature if they want ( according to avalanche studios)

so this guy knows what he is talkin about... he has a dev kit on his own and works with it every day.

We'll have to see what will happen in the future

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Can y'all please not quote that image anymore, ffs. just snip it from the quote.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:56 AM

Sooo.... Since Ubisoft told people to sign teh PC petition. It is safe to say it is coming for PC. lol.gif

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

I absolutely love the general direction that PS4 games seem to be going in - Open world MMO.

The Division
Elder Scrolls Online
Destiny
The Crew
NFS Rivals
...and many more.

Although out of all of them, I am probably most excited about this. I have high expectations for this game, though - I want a big map (at least the size of Liberty City, though I don't think there's any usable vehicles so it might be smaller), in-depth yet simple RPG elements, and most importantly I want a true illusion of survival. DayZ does a great job of capturing that essence of survival, with gas, blood, disease, food/water, sound/visibility, etc... I don't expect this much depth, but I hope we really do have to earn our gear & supplies. smile.gif

I'm already forming a division to play through The Division with my friends. I have 2 other people. I'm debating how many people my division should have; the less people = less supplies needed, but weaker firepower which means we're prone to get killed by larger groups. And on the opposite side of the spectrum is a large group of people. Great firepower, yet you need lots of supplies which will make it inefficient IMO. I think I'm gonna stick with 3 people for now.

You guys planning a division yet?

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:49 AM

If it (99% will) come to PC, I am willing to create a Division, any PC gamers who will play the Division out there? If so, PM me! I like MMO survival games and I will most likely buy a PC in 3-4 months, we can plan&play a lotta sh*t. Especially this game!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

Story
“There are a couple of different layers,” Rundqvist explained. “There is an overarching story line that, as one of the last functioning agencies, you need to set out to solve the mysteries behind the man-made virus. Who was behind it? Who distributed it? How can we cure it? All that stuff. And of course, to do so, you need to first of all survive in this chaos where everyone is fighting for the same resources that’s still out there. And you have all the government services shutting down one by one, because people simply don’t show up for work anymore, right? It’s both helping who is left out there and of course going after the big bad guy, you know, the mystery behind the virus.”

“The structure that we built for the game so far is that there is a story, but it’s not a linear story ,” said Rundqvist. “ So you need to explore the world and pick out pieces and bricks of the story everywhere. And on the way, doing that, you will also encounter other content and other dynamic encounters and missions. Obviously, if you play with other real players, that’s dynamic in itself. You never know how that will play out. “We designed the game to be endless gameplay. It’s hundreds, if not thousands of hours of gameplay that we hope people will enjoy.”

DLC
Rundqvist even hinted at the possibility of DLC, or expansions for The Division to keep things going: “The game is based in New York now,” he said, “but if there’s demand, we’re going to keep on building.”

MMO
Even when I broached the subject with Mannerfelt and Rundqvist, they were careful to avoid the “massive” part of the term. “This game, at its core, is a multiplayer online game,” said Mannerfelt. “It’s based on online and grouping. You can play with your friends and play with a lot of other people. You can, of course, play by yourself and play all the story stuff by yourself and as I said, seamlessly with your friends and seamlessly into PvP if you feel like playing PvP. In the PvP areas you will meet many, many other players.”

Customization
“When you start the game you’re actually asked to pick a background,” said Rundqvist. “The Division is an agency that’s a combination of disciplines that would be useful in this scenario – engineer, military, law enforcement, intel, medical… stuff like that. As you progress into the game world, you define your own play style so it’s not a typical class-based game. You upgrade your skills and talents and you customize your weapons, the looks of your character. And you can respec right away in the middle of the game. You can continue to develop your play style. Whatever fantasy you want to pursue, it’s up to you.”

http://www.vg247.com...mo-or-schmemmo/

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Merry Christmas, you filthy animal

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

I'm glad they announced The Crew for PC over this another 467th generic boring futuristic shooter.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 20:25)
I'm glad they announced The Crew for PC over this another 467th generic boring futuristic shooter.

"Boring futuristic shooter" ... Did you even take the time to find out what the game is about? It's an MMO, survival, RPG type of game. Not a shooter. Get your facts straight.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Is he trying to compare an open-world racer to an MMO/TPS? lmfao, gtfo.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 19:34)

he is mad because it most likely wont come to PC

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 20:50)

1. It's Ubisoft, of course they will.
2. http://blog.games.co...s-the-division/ possible release for PC in winter 2015.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 19:53)
QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 20:50)

1. It's Ubisoft, of course they will.
2. http://blog.games.co...s-the-division/ possible release for PC in winter 2015.

possible release: N/A

and btw:

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=440438

trusting Ubisoft as a PC gamer lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users