Tom Clancy's The Division

294 replies to this topic
F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 23:36)
I was almost disappointed that the voices werent coming from ingame AI because that would have been something.
I thought they finally learnt that non over the top dialog and calm function based talk pays off.

I was hoping that was AI talk as well, if it isn't, i'm disappointed, that made the whole thing much much more interesting. I was sold once I heard that.

ANyway, the game itself looks pretty damn awesome, I really am hoping that they have AI dialogue like that in though.

@Nigelhere and iNero.
iNero you proved to me yesterday you don't really know much about computers and tech, you just regurgitate without understanding, Nigelhere is a lot more knowledgeable and i'm pretty sure he is more correct than you are.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 22:10)
QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 23:36)
I was almost disappointed that the voices werent coming from ingame AI because that would have been something.
I thought they finally learnt that non over the top dialog and calm function based talk pays off.

I was hoping that was AI talk as well, if it isn't, i'm disappointed, that made the whole thing much much more interesting. I was sold once I heard that.

Well, it's likely just other players all talking tactically and acting like a team. I dug the voice effects that made them sound like they were via radio though.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 00:22)
QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 23:26)
makes me wonder if the gameplay was actually more a kind of CG. how can it already look that good if its released so lfar away? how long was it in development already?

I think 5 years in development , maybe they're using the limits for the Xbox One and the PS4 so it can look like that , but to tell the truth , it's yet not 100 % realistic graphics maybe 68% realistic graphics , the PS3 and the Xbox 360 has 34% realistic graphics when the are on limit

Limits of the new consoles I very much doubt that. It's obviously the new engine that it runs on being able to handle assets better.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

It sounds to me as if you've had a bad experience with other people, lol. You need to relax.

QUOTE (ElCodiablo)
maybe sometimes you don't want to be on a team or in a squad.
maybe you also want to play a character who's like a lone wolf. you could be a sniper or lone guerrilla fighter who ambushes other teams and has no allegiance to any squad. you could go around playing the various teams against each other.

Where's the facepalm emote? Someone get this guy COD, ASAP!

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:43 AM Edited by Happyness, 14 June 2013 - 04:52 AM.

A solution to retards would be to always gang up on him and constantly kill him until he leaves.

PvE and PvP combined is AWESOME. The fact that you not only have to watch your back from the Environment but also from other players is simply awesome. This game alone made me re-consider the purchase of a PC or a PS4. I want dat PS4.

Edit: I am a bit disappointed, I read on some website with a dude who posted a video and commented unerneath it, that after the gameplay Adam Sessler said that they're looking for a Winter 2014 release. That puts me off from buying a PS4.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

It sounds to me as if you've had a bad experience with other people

yes.
exactly sigh.gif

hard to believe?
you've never had a bad experience with people in an online? were you born yesterday?

I've been doing it long enough to have a game or 2 ruined by lamers.
trust me, I want to believe that The Division will be different because it looks incredible, but you never know how it's going to actually work until you're playing it and by then it's usually too late (because the money is already spent).

Where's the facepalm emote? Someone get this guy COD, ASAP!

facepalm? really?
you're telling me that you cannot see the value in (sometimes) playing alone?

The Division is basically a squad-based 3rd-person tactical-shooter MMO. the emphasis seems to be on small teams of about 5 players.
it would be great if you could have multiple characters (like any other MMO) for different purposes.

you have a character who is made for teamwork, built like a squad commander with certain talents and abilities that help the team.
you have another character you can hop on when you don't want to worry about a team who has completely different talents and weapons and gear.

sometimes you play with your team.
sometimes you go around as the guerrilla who works for himself and harasses other teams.

if you can't see why this is cool, then you suck tounge2.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

yes.
exactly 

hard to believe?
you've never had a bad experience with people in an online? were you born yesterday?

I've been doing it long enough to have a game or 2 ruined by lamers.
trust me, I want to believe that The Division will be different because it looks incredible, but you never know how it's going to actually work until you're playing it and by then it's usually too late (because the money is already spent).

We've all had our experiences with people who are clueless to the game, have no idea how to play or just trolls. But that's not each time you play a game and that's what happens when you have such a majority of people in one game. Solution is to bunch together with friends or some decent online players and just roam together.

facepalm? really?
you're telling me that you cannot see the value in (sometimes) playing alone?

This isn't a game where you 'play alone', the story and background should have advised you of that. Strength in numbers.. if you want to play alone, I would suggest playing a different game, this one probably won't be for you.

The Division is basically a squad-based 3rd-person tactical-shooter MMO. the emphasis seems to be on small teams of about 5 players.

You've said it yourself wink.gif

you have a character who is made for teamwork, built like a squad commander with certain talents and abilities that help the team.
you have another character you can hop on when you don't want to worry about a team who has completely different talents and weapons and gear.

sometimes you play with your team.
sometimes you go around as the guerrilla who works for himself and harasses other teams.

if you can't see why this is cool, then you suck

I guess I suck, because I like squad-based gaming like this.. online or single-player. But to me, it sounds like you're the run and gun type of guy and that's why I suggest you get Call of Duty or something of that nature. Because this depends on teamwork.. especially when you're outnumbered like in the trailer. Teamwork is vital in situations and we really don't even know the game yet, there could be other reasons why a squad is more useful. Especially online when you run into other teams, if you're alone, you'll be annihilated. Where's the fun in that? But when you meet up squad to squad, it will be more action-packed and fun.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 01:32)
Solution is to bunch together with friends or some decent online players and just roam together.

well obviously.

and that's what I usually do.
I've never played Borderlands or APB with strangers. I play with people I know.

but that still doesn't change the fact that OTHER people in the game will behave like jackasses and can still ruin the experience for the people who try to play 'correctly.'
that's all I'm saying. and these kinds of people will stand out in a game like The Division much more than they do in less realistic shooters.

if you want to play alone, I would suggest playing a different game, this one probably won't be for you.

why can't you have it both ways?

sometimes I enjoy playing as a team.
sometimes I enjoy playing as a lone rogue.

is that hard to understand?
most online games give you the choice to do both. why wouldn't The Division be the same way?

it sounds like you're the run and gun type of guy and that's why I suggest you get Call of Duty

really?
then you haven't been paying attention.

I started an entire thread based on tactical squad shooters.
I hate Call of Duty.

my entire point is that people who play CoD are likely going to be the same people that play The Division and that's exactly what I'm afraid of.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

El_Diablo: I share these thoughts. I saw this vid and was amazed at the teamwork! I have never experienced that online! You go into a public lobby and start "telling people what to do" and they start hurling abuse at you. Yet when they say "run through the door" (to which you'd be faced with about six men shooting you in the face), and you refuse, they shoot you.

Friends, it kinda works, but my circle of friends has maybe ONE that would play this game, and that would only be if i leant him it. I'm not part of a large gaming friend circle.

And online play, in my experience, has been terrible. I'm not a huge online gamer because i dont think it's possible for such co op online play. People are douches. The walkthrough in the trailer was clearly planned out. Everyone knew what was to happen and what to do. They worked together well, but because it was planned.
I really doubt I'd find an experiance with such co op though, and for that reason, unfortunately, this game's not for me. Combat looks great, graphics lovely, animations cool, but as with the xbox 1, it's relying on an online factor that is absent from my gaming experience.

Same goes for The Crew (I'm not sure if these games have single player at all, but in the case of The Division, it's clearly an online multiplayer game, not a single player game).

It's a shame because i like the look of it.

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

IV > V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Mokrie Dela, If you have friends that would play it, it would be a very enjoyable game. Because you won't be faced with those idiots who tell you to run through the door because in the place of the idiot will be one of your friends.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Hopefully we can collect supplies and materials and perhaps set up little strongholds for our small teams. And it should stay there for us as well. What would also be quite nice is to be able to use the vehicles, they could be made a bit more "rare" with a fuel system, meaning you need to raid a petrol station or something for some fuel to get the cars working.

Hell, just imagine stealing a cop car, taking it to a garage you took over and have worked on for a while, so your garage has mounted guns set up, landmines, stash of supplies and a CCTV room with cameras you've set up around the city. Taking the cop car in, spending some time getting sheets of metal and such for armour plating, then taking it out after all that work and sharing it as a team.

Stuff like that would mean you can actually help your small team without them being physically online. While they're off, you could go out and fetch water, fuel and such, take it back home and leave it there as a suprise for them.

I can imagine some friends and I setting up shop on a rooftop, like in inFamous.

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 09:44)
Please, Ubi, release it for PC. cryani.gif That sh*t is AWESOME.

Ubisoft: If PC gamers want The Division they should sign petitions and post on forums

So petitions actually work ?!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (lh1 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 22:53)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 09:44)
Please, Ubi, release it for PC. cryani.gif That sh*t is AWESOME.

Ubisoft: If PC gamers want The Division they should sign petitions and post on forums

So petitions actually work ?!

Get PC Gamers attention. Make them begging for a game until they want it really bad.
After telling them there wont be a PC Version there will be quite a lot who will buy a console for it.
I guess if there will be a PC Version it will be released way later and a port at the end. Imo

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

I thought PC gamers hated Ubisoft. lol.gif

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 15:21)
I thought PC gamers hated Ubisoft.  lol.gif

PC gamers don't necessarily hate Ubisoft.

but if this was a Facebook relationship, our status would be "It's Complicated" tounge2.gif

N0Xaeris
  • N0Xaeris

"Can Yoga be used as a form of self-defense?"

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

I so have to save up for this game, and I really hope it comes out on PC because I don't want to have to buy a console, it just means i'll have to wait longer.
I wonder, if you do decide to go lone ranger, or if your friends aren't online, I wonder if you can team up with other cells and assist them. It would make for some interesting situations, and maybe even allowing you to team up with other cells and create alliances. Can't wait to see what information comes out about this in the coming months.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

Anyway the game is not around until late 2014. Sooo...

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

At E3, what console were they playing this on? Probably discussed earlier on in the thread, but I ain't got time for that...

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

Couldn't tell from the gameplay since no controls were visible to see during game but my guess would be that it was either Xbox One or PS4, being that's the only platforms announced so far that they will be releasing on.

http://www.pcgamer.c...for-the-future/

Judging by that link, I would say PC version may never release but there is the possibility that it will. I think most companies want to emphasize on next-gen and see exactly what it is they can do and then PC versions will become more available in the future.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 13:01)
Couldn't tell from the gameplay since no controls were visible to see during game but my guess would be that it was either Xbox One or PS4, being that's the only platforms announced so far that they will be releasing on.

http://www.pcgamer.c...for-the-future/

Judging by that link, I would say PC version may never release but there is the possibility that it will. I think most companies want to emphasize on next-gen and see exactly what it is they can do and then PC versions will become more available in the future.

Well since PS4 has PC architecture (x86) why shouldn't they be able to port it to PC, and this time around it will look amazing for PC as well.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

It wouldn't be hard to port to PC but they aren't worried about PC at the moment. They're focusing on the new thing which next-gen, they have to appeal to what's new. PC will come I'm sure.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 12:48)
At E3, what console were they playing this on? Probably discussed earlier on in the thread, but I ain't got time for that...

All of the next gen games at the ubisoft conference were running on PS4 dev kits.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

user posted image

Looks like it was PS4

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

This game looks sick, the combat is impressive and the cover system seems similar to GTA IV. The graphics are pretty decent but the game seems a bit too complicated, but I still love the idea of the game though.

I'm sure a PC version will be available some months after the next-gen versions, developers are mainly focusing on the PS4 and Xbox One versions atm, so I'm sure the PC version will be available in mid-late 2014.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

Yes. It was played on PS4

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 13:14)
user posted image

Looks like it was PS4

Loving the yellow light on the controller tbh. It changes for every game I think. It just adds a "colourful" experience to your gameplay.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

I really love the graphics and details. It looks like a movie with a few Special Effects here and there like Game of Thrones.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 13:14)
user posted image

Looks like it was PS4

It was running on a PS4 dev kit.

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:43 PM Edited by DODI3OG, 15 June 2013 - 03:51 PM.

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 22:11)
It was running on a PS4 dev kit.

W/c means it might be significantly better than its base PS4 counterpart because dev kits usually have lesser power than the console itself.

Also, there's no problem if The Division is an MMO, 'cause there is singleplayer. Also, IDT it will unnecessarily put others in the game w/o asking for the player's input.
Correct me, but I think you'll have to invite others first in your session in order to play with them, right?

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

i guess their main reason for not having a pc port was because they had to create and maintain more servers just for PC users.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users