Photo

Tom Clancy's The Division

943 replies to this topic
Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:56 AM

Reinstalled it yesterday played for like ten minutes, was boring as f*ck so uninstalled again.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Я твой слуг

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:43 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 19 January 2017 - 12:43 PM.

That's a pity. I was thinking of picking this up second hand (I haven't played it since the beta) I watched some videos about the 1.4 patch or whatever patch it was purporting to fix the game but then the commentator was talking about the endgame and it had me thinking that the purpose of the game is just to level up? Is there a story or a backstory online so I can at least think I'm fighting for some cause or is it just a mindless shooter? 

luisniko
  • luisniko

Hurrah for chest therefore try two handing

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:47 PM

That's a pity. I was thinking of picking this up second hand (I haven't played it since the beta) I watched some videos about the 1.4 patch or whatever patch it was purporting to fix the game but then the commentator was talking about the endgame and it had me thinking that the purpose of the game is just to level up? Is there a story or a backstory online so I can at least think I'm fighting for some cause or is it just a mindless shooter? 

There's a story and after that, it's just a mindless shooter.

Just be glad that DZ is no longer the only place to farm better equipment now.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Я твой слуг

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:25 PM

So, is there a SP campaign or is it all online?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:28 PM Edited by Fireman, 20 January 2017 - 12:15 AM.

You are required to have internet connect/be online to play, but you can play single-player nowadays. You'll just miss out on most of the instances until you overpower them by lucky drops.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by trip, 4 weeks ago.

I've been playing all SP.  Up until now...

I actually popped in here to see if anyone wants to co-op a bit with me(xbox one).  I'm old, slow, easily confused, and not very good at shooters anymore.

At level 17 I'm finding some of the battles to be a bit tough and having to respawn and walk back to the same battle for hours - only to die, rinse, and repeat is starting to get at me.

I figured I'd post in here before using the Xbox 'find someone to play with' feature.

• Mister Pink likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I've been playing all SP.  Up until now...

I actually popped in here to see if anyone wants to co-op a bit with me(xbox one).  I'm old, slow, easily confused, and not very good at shooters anymore.

At level 17 I'm finding some of the battles to be a bit tough and having to respawn and walk back to the same battle for hours - only to die, rinse, and repeat is starting to get at me.

I figured I'd post in here before using the Xbox 'find someone to play with' feature.

Why don't you use the in-game Matchmaking?

I don't know if low level session is still populated now, but just try it anyway.

You know, what I like about PvE Matchmaking in this game is that there's next to no chance or reason for teammate to be a dick to you. 

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by trip, 4 weeks ago.

I get weirded out voice chatting with people who are a 100% stranger.  At least here(gtaf) I pretend I know people.   :)

I have used the in-game match making in the past for missions.  What I'm looking for now is just one (or more) to walk the open world streets part with...doing the encounters and such.  Someone who will be understanding of my stupid ways.   :)

luisniko
  • luisniko

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I get weirded out voice chatting with people who are a 100% stranger.  At least here(gtaf) I pretend I know people.   :)

I have used the in-game match making in the past for missions.  What I'm looking for now is just one (or more) to walk the open world streets part with...doing the encounters and such.  Someone who will be understanding of my stupid ways.   :)

You don't need to do voice chat. I'm like you; I don't like to voice chat to random stranger.

Just play good. If you can't shoot well, then stay back, help revive or heal or distract enemies. They'll appreciate you.

• trip likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

All I did in this game was Skill-Power based abilities, I took three random people with me who (like every other player in the Division) only care about DPS. Always great success as I had a 40% Crit Bonus/100% Crit Damage Pulse and a maxed out Smart Cover as well.

Now unfortunately they nerfed the hell out of Skill Power and you can't get good numbers like that anymore, but healing is always appreciated, or a ressurecting tank build or something.

I would play with you but I'm on PC.

• trip likes this

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

The Scrub

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 3 days ago

rh4bAwB.jpg

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Я твой слуг

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Mister Pink, 3 days ago.

Dude, if we ever have the same game like The Division, I'm in same boat. I'll be happy to co-op with you or anyone else similarly minded for that matter. I'm not super fast on reflexes in shooters although getting a little better. I'm more of an SP guy but love when you are with the right type of chilled people doing co-op which his few and far between for me.  

• trip likes this

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 2 days ago

rh4bAwB.jpg

They named it The Last Stand because they probably know this game is dead and this will be their last stand for the game

• EvolvedWalker likes this

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

King of crap

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Actually Last Stand was announced months prior. It's probably not timed exclusive because the game is nearly dead. I only wished there'd be an incursion that involved killing that one first wave agent who escapes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users