Photo

Tom Clancy's The Division

954 replies to this topic
Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:56 AM

Reinstalled it yesterday played for like ten minutes, was boring as f*ck so uninstalled again.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:43 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 19 January 2017 - 12:43 PM.

That's a pity. I was thinking of picking this up second hand (I haven't played it since the beta) I watched some videos about the 1.4 patch or whatever patch it was purporting to fix the game but then the commentator was talking about the endgame and it had me thinking that the purpose of the game is just to level up? Is there a story or a backstory online so I can at least think I'm fighting for some cause or is it just a mindless shooter? 

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:47 PM

That's a pity. I was thinking of picking this up second hand (I haven't played it since the beta) I watched some videos about the 1.4 patch or whatever patch it was purporting to fix the game but then the commentator was talking about the endgame and it had me thinking that the purpose of the game is just to level up? Is there a story or a backstory online so I can at least think I'm fighting for some cause or is it just a mindless shooter? 

There's a story and after that, it's just a mindless shooter.

Just be glad that DZ is no longer the only place to farm better equipment now.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:25 PM

So, is there a SP campaign or is it all online?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:28 PM Edited by Fireman, 20 January 2017 - 12:15 AM.

You are required to have internet connect/be online to play, but you can play single-player nowadays. You'll just miss out on most of the instances until you overpower them by lucky drops.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:27 PM Edited by trip, 24 January 2017 - 03:28 PM.

I've been playing all SP.  Up until now...

I actually popped in here to see if anyone wants to co-op a bit with me(xbox one).  I'm old, slow, easily confused, and not very good at shooters anymore.

At level 17 I'm finding some of the battles to be a bit tough and having to respawn and walk back to the same battle for hours - only to die, rinse, and repeat is starting to get at me.

I figured I'd post in here before using the Xbox 'find someone to play with' feature.

• Mister Pink likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:20 PM

I've been playing all SP.  Up until now...

I actually popped in here to see if anyone wants to co-op a bit with me(xbox one).  I'm old, slow, easily confused, and not very good at shooters anymore.

At level 17 I'm finding some of the battles to be a bit tough and having to respawn and walk back to the same battle for hours - only to die, rinse, and repeat is starting to get at me.

I figured I'd post in here before using the Xbox 'find someone to play with' feature.

Why don't you use the in-game Matchmaking?

I don't know if low level session is still populated now, but just try it anyway.

You know, what I like about PvE Matchmaking in this game is that there's next to no chance or reason for teammate to be a dick to you. 

• Tigereyesxx likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:19 PM Edited by trip, 24 January 2017 - 06:19 PM.

I get weirded out voice chatting with people who are a 100% stranger.  At least here(gtaf) I pretend I know people.   :)

I have used the in-game match making in the past for missions.  What I'm looking for now is just one (or more) to walk the open world streets part with...doing the encounters and such.  Someone who will be understanding of my stupid ways.   :)

luisniko
  • luisniko

Mayhem Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

I get weirded out voice chatting with people who are a 100% stranger.  At least here(gtaf) I pretend I know people.   :)

I have used the in-game match making in the past for missions.  What I'm looking for now is just one (or more) to walk the open world streets part with...doing the encounters and such.  Someone who will be understanding of my stupid ways.   :)

You don't need to do voice chat. I'm like you; I don't like to voice chat to random stranger.

Just play good. If you can't shoot well, then stay back, help revive or heal or distract enemies. They'll appreciate you.

• trip likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:34 PM

All I did in this game was Skill-Power based abilities, I took three random people with me who (like every other player in the Division) only care about DPS. Always great success as I had a 40% Crit Bonus/100% Crit Damage Pulse and a maxed out Smart Cover as well.

Now unfortunately they nerfed the hell out of Skill Power and you can't get good numbers like that anymore, but healing is always appreciated, or a ressurecting tank build or something.

I would play with you but I'm on PC.

• trip likes this

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:05 PM

rh4bAwB.jpg

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:09 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 25 February 2017 - 03:09 AM.

Dude, if we ever have the same game like The Division, I'm in same boat. I'll be happy to co-op with you or anyone else similarly minded for that matter. I'm not super fast on reflexes in shooters although getting a little better. I'm more of an SP guy but love when you are with the right type of chilled people doing co-op which his few and far between for me.  

• trip likes this

Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:54 AM

rh4bAwB.jpg

They named it The Last Stand because they probably know this game is dead and this will be their last stand for the game

• EvolvedWalker likes this

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:30 PM

Actually Last Stand was announced months prior. It's probably not timed exclusive because the game is nearly dead. I only wished there'd be an incursion that involved killing that one first wave agent who escapes.

Turan
  • Turan

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:50 PM Edited by Turan, 02 March 2017 - 08:52 PM.

Very nice, Ubi. Now I wish I had the game for the PS4 instead of the PC...

ps4-pro-the-division-4k-840x114.jpg

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:26 AM

So is no one playing this anymore? I've just got it, playing on PS4 Pro. It's a beauty, but it feels really weird playing it in solo. 

FriendlyFireOFF
  • FriendlyFireOFF

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:28 PM

meh.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:38 PM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 07 May 2017 - 08:39 PM.

started playing it again since it was a free weekend, didnt realised how mutch better it looked on Pc until now

Justin-Wood
  • Justin-Wood

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:23 PM

As someone who's clocked a good chunk of time into it, you have to have pretty thick skin. The community, especially on Reddit, is one of the most toxic I've ever been involved with. And don't get me wrong, they do have some ground to stand on but the constant bitching and moaning and bile that gets tossed around daily... It really stems from developer incompetence, specifically poorly handled PR and a season pass that amounts to three game modes that honestly should have been there day 0. Underground is basically a ghost town, Survival is a novel idea but can be rage inducing, and Last Stand is just a king of the hills battle with score multipliers. And of course, the story hasn't really been resolved, I won't spoil it for those who haven't played it, but they very clearly left the game open so that they had sequel material.

• Audi likes this

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

ppl still playing this game online?

Tigereyesxx
  • Tigereyesxx

Hand of Friendship or Fist of Enmity?.....

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

Patch 1.7 attracted me back due to the ability to redesign my character, low and behold , you can only change your friggin hairstyle and even that is limited to what face you had. So I still have a female who looks like a butch Lesbian, ....heartbroken...
  • Audi likes this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:19 PM

People actually still play this game?

They really made it look good @ E3 but the final product was a major dud to me with repetitive crap worse $60 i ever spent and i couldn't get my money back because it was digital and not on steam

Audi
  • Audi

If I can't do it, Homie it can't be done

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Mexico
  • Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:37 AM Edited by Audi, 18 August 2017 - 01:39 AM.

I toss it in and wander around admiring the details, but never actually finished it (only level 18 on male toon, 8 on female). Graphically beautiful game without question, and the DLC's they've added over time seem okay (more pve instead of forced pvp of the dz), but they lost too much of their player base early on and never recovered. Also MMO's and their obsession with op ai and grinding and crafting gear has never been my thing. The modern military 3rd person shooter thing fooled me into getting it initially. 

• Claude4Catalina, Tigereyesxx and Ai家Cob家 like this

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

Carcer City bound!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

It was the ridiculously overpowered AI that Audi mentioned that really turned me off.  You're part of what is effectively a guerrilla unit so crafting is fair enough, grinding I could deal with; creating your own mini-missions of clearing out pockets of enemy occupiers was a decent way to pass the time but bullet sponge AI really dragged the whole thing down for me, especially seeing your bullets hitting a basic enemy straight in the face a hundred times only to slowly chip away their body armour.  I still maintain its a create concept; a major US city has fallen so its time to do your part, but the MMO/RPG elements applied to a military shooter didn't work out as great as they should of.  Shame really.

• Tigereyesxx and Audi like this

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Capitol Crusader

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:59 PM

1 user(s) are reading this topic