Tom Clancy's The Division

294 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:39)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 18:30)
If you guys get this topic locked I'm going to be pissed.

You completely ignored Moonshield's post.

Didn't see Moonshield's post there before I clicked the Quote button.
My apologies. But when someone is this ignorant and is pathetically trying to defend a gaming console. You just have to take action.

you make yourself look like a fool and you dont even get it.... where the f*ck did I defend the console here?! dozingoff.gif

Ignore Button... thats it

OT:

user posted image

that menu style is awesome.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 18:55)
Another slap in the face for PC gamers. This looks awesome...

It's a Ubisoft game, it'll eventually come to PC.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 22:07)

Well.. I hope so.. I mean, are there games from Ubisoft which were not released to PC?

Also I am not that expert in Hardware? But will be "porting" easier from consoles to PC or vice-versa? Not like GTA IV to PC?

You give me hope. icon14.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

Is this purely a game made using Clancy's name or was this derived from one of his actual novels? Because I don't recall seeing one about this but you never know.

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

GTAF are a joke now...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

GW showin' the spirit icon14.gif

--

I seriously need to get money with all these games coming out. Too much hotness!

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 19:14)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 22:07)

Well.. I hope so.. I mean, are there games from Ubisoft which were not released to PC?

Also I am not that expert in Hardware? But will be "porting" easier from consoles to PC or vice-versa? Not like GTA IV to PC?

You give me hope. icon14.gif

Of course it'll be more easier.

PC CPU Architecture: x86-64
PC GPU Architecture: AMD GCN + others.

PS4One CPU Architecture: x86
PS4One GPU Architecture: AMD GCN 1.0.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

I'm interested in the voice actors too.. the woman did a great job as well as the two gents.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 19:55)
I'm interested in the voice actors too.. the woman did a great job as well as the two gents.

Wasn't that player dialog? I don't think that was character voicing...

LTA1992
  • LTA1992

The Fanged Brave, KyoryuRed

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

I'm intruiged as to how much of NYC and NJ are covered. Ther have Downtown Bklyn, Clinton Hill, Bed-Stuy, Bushwick, Greenpoint, Williamsburg and part of Ocean Hill in Brooklyn. Lower Manhattan, Soho, Chinatown, West Village, East Village, THE WORLD TRADE CENTER among other hoods. Then Jersey City. I wonder if the map extends further because I kid you not, the trek from where they were in the gameplay vid to Soho takes roughly 30-40 minutes depending on walk speed.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 15:31)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 19:55)

Wasn't that player dialog? I don't think that was character voicing...

Yeah, my mistake. I was blown away by it, it seemed so compelling! Either way, if you can get a squad of friends to teamplay like that, you'll have an amazing experience.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 04:01)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 06:35)
QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 00:30)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 06:23)
My friend and I were worried that they'd end the conference with either that lame WD CGI trailer, or some sh*tty Black Flag gameplay. I thought there was no hope for an epic conclusion until they said "...Online RPG, free roam". Jesus, that game looks utterly amazing. Ubi have already secured my purchase.

It seems like a lot of PS4 games are going MMO-style, which I am loving. Can't wait for DayZ standalone especially.

like I said, lets just hope they dont downgrade it till release

Why would they downgrade it? If anything, it seems logical for them to only improve it.

Cause they even did it with far cry. Some say they also downgraded WD already from what we saw 2012

Are you sure that the Far Cry gameplay wasn't just previewed on PC?

Also, I don't think that WD would change. Ubisoft say that the WD gameplay is shown on a PC with identical specs to PS4.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

Stepping into next-gen, I doubt they'll downgrade and if they do, wouldn't be enough for you to notice. Even downgraded, the games will perform and look better. No need to worry my little Divisionites.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:49)
Stepping into next-gen, I doubt they'll downgrade and if they do, wouldn't be enough for you to notice. Even downgraded, the games will perform and look better. No need to worry my little Divisionites.

Yeah I don't see how there could be a possibility of the graphics downgrading either. If a game looks this good this
early it can only get better imo.

The smoke effects were really something. Although they weren't going high into the air and lingering
the lighting on them was amazing.

Watch dogs and The Division are the first two Ubisoft games i've been really excited about
in idk how long. Looking forward to it.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

Yeah, Ubisoft has definitely won the developer battle this year for sure. I was kind of disappointed in Blacklist. Even after the first trailers months back I wasn't too happy with the outcome, looks more .. idk but not classic Splinter Cell, not to mention no more Micheal Ironside sad.gif But I'll probably still atleast rent it just because I've played all SC's.

But Division and Watch Dogs will be my most played games with the new consoles absolutely. Loved them and they're something totally different than a military fps or typical genre.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

user posted image

watch these physics icon14.gif

the artifacting is from the GIF not the game

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

Please, Ubi, release it for PC. cryani.gif That sh*t is AWESOME.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

Love how he closes the door rather than just walk through it. Also, you notice the shadow of the gun on the trunk of the other police unit? Nice work on that detail. Also the HUD, I love it.. the angle as if it's facing the character not the player.

Goneinfiveseconds
  • Goneinfiveseconds

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

looks good

jetjatin
  • jetjatin

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

Looks Incredible! Nice impressive physics. Lets hope if they'll make it for PC.

Apex.
  • Apex.

Fallen and Reborn

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

Holy sh*t at this game, I need it lol. This is probably one of my favorite games shown at E3. I really like the modernness of the HUD. Hahaha if only people actually talked like that Online though, in reality it's 12 years old screaming.

Hyyyped for this game.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

this game looks incredible but I'm surprised that more people aren't worried about the mix of PVP with PVE.

it's obviously a Tom Clancy MMO.
in theory that's awesome.
in practice that could be miserable.

they have sort of tried this before with All Points Bulletin. http://en.wikipedia....Points_Bulletin
clearly APB and this new Tom Clancy game are different styles but they share a similar backbone.

APB delivered an amazing concept for awhile. I played it for a few months with 4 friends but mostly with strangers.
but in the end, APB died because most people don't behave the way you're "supposed" to online. in APB it was a little more tolerable because the style was slightly cartoonish in the vein of Saints Row.

I'm afraid that this game would be even more negatively affected by douchebag / lamers since it's trying to be much more realistic.
when someone chucks endless grenades or starts bunny hopping all over the place it's gonna' really stand out like a sore ass thumb. I would feel much more comfortable with a format like Borderlands. just COOP PVE instead of PVE tainted by PVP.

I really want to believe that this game will 'play' like it does in the trailer...
...but some jerk always ruins the experience.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:52 AM

I think it's going to be fine. It's supposed to take place after a nationwide downfall isn't it? It's about survival and gathering supplies. If you play solo I think the game will suck, but if you got a nice squads I think this game will be interesting. And it is an MMO, it's a MMO Tactical Shooter RPG.

Moth
  • Moth

I am mad scientist, sunuvabich!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 00:22)
this game looks incredible but I'm surprised that more people aren't worried about the mix of PVP with PVE.

As someone who played 8 months of Eve Online last year, I'm not worried about the mix of PVP and PVE. Hell, I welcome it. Adds another challenge to it, and makes the game more fun, imo.

just COOP PVE instead of PVE tainted by PVP.

Stop being such a f*cking carebear.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

Yeah looks epic! for once actually looking foward to a tom clancy game first time in years.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

A breakdown of how the game will play; description of the multiplayer/online aspect with the game's creative director. Sounds good to me.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

Holy f*ck, The Division looks amazing! wow.gif

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 23:52)
It's about survival and gathering
supplies.

yeah so was DayZ.
but that was also basically ruined by lamers who didn't play 'correctly.'

If you play solo I think the game will suck

actually for this game to truly be great, they would need a robust singleplayer aspect as well as MP.

maybe sometimes you don't want to be on a team or in a squad.
maybe you also want to play a character who's like a lone wolf. you could be a sniper or lone guerrilla fighter who ambushes other teams and has no allegiance to any squad. you could go around playing the various teams against each other.

you could track other players and ambush them during their quest or their PVP fights with other people and just sort of 'mop up' the area pick off the leftovers. this would add an even more exciting dynamic to the whole game.

QUOTE (The General @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 00:01)
As someone who played 8 months of Eve Online...

lol.
what?

this game will be nothing like Eve.
apples, meet oranges.

Stop being such a f*cking carebear.

yeah I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.
I'm just concerned that the concept will be ruined by lamers since this is always a possibility with online shooters.

it happened to ABP and it happened to DayZ.
to a lesser extent it happened to CoD but most people don't notice because CoD is not a realistic game.

this new Tom Clancy title is apparently trying for a much more realistic approach.
and the more realistic it's supposed to be, the more douchebags will stand out and squander the experience.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 19:40)
A breakdown of how the game will play; description of the multiplayer/online aspect with the game's creative director. Sounds good to me.

Just watched this, winter 2014? sad.gif Let down. For some reason i told myself it would be this year.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

makes me wonder if the gameplay was actually more a kind of CG. how can it already look that good if its released so lfar away? how long was it in development already?

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:22 AM Edited by Ibrahimhassounah, 14 June 2013 - 12:26 AM.

QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 23:26)
makes me wonder if the gameplay was actually more a kind of CG. how can it already look that good if its released so lfar away? how long was it in development already?

I think 5 years in development , maybe they're using the limits for the Xbox One and the PS4 so it can look like that , but to tell the truth , it's yet not 100 % realistic graphics maybe 68% realistic graphics , the PS3 and the Xbox 360 has 34% realistic graphics when the are on limit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users