Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

Looks awesome smile.gif

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (mufc @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 00:14)
Yeah I think this is my favorite game of what has been shown so far, along with metal gear solid.

Agreed.

Mirror's Edge and BF4 and the announcement of SW Battlefront made me jizz but god damn seeing a good gameplay video just like we got with Watch Dogs last year just makes it all seem more possible than what your expectations are in your head.

I was actually hoping for a Rainbow Six Patriots video, but god damn f*ck that game now, this sh*t looks insanely good.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 06:35)
QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 00:30)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 06:23)
My friend and I were worried that they'd end the conference with either that lame WD CGI trailer, or some sh*tty Black Flag gameplay. I thought there was no hope for an epic conclusion until they said  "...Online RPG, free roam". Jesus, that game looks utterly amazing. Ubi have already secured my purchase.

It seems like a lot of PS4 games are going MMO-style, which I am loving. Can't wait for DayZ standalone especially.

like I said, lets just hope they dont downgrade it till release

Why would they downgrade it? If anything, it seems logical for them to only improve it.

Cause they even did it with far cry. Some say they also downgraded WD already from what we saw 2012

karaokequeen3
  • karaokequeen3

O.A.P.

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

I like the look of this already. Mind you, I'm now a little more paranoid of the banknotes in my wallet... wink.gif

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

The game looks really astonishing, I'm so damn impressed. Just another reason to buy the next-gen consoles.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

Thank you Ubisoft and Tom Clancy, this game is absolutely impressive! Cheers for the share Sgt. Foley.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 00:38)
Dynamic lighting, particles, Ai and Physics improvements will make this gen.

That was already done this gen. You're missing out on a lot of things that will occur next gen.

OT: Easily the best looking game of E3. Day 1 BABAY!
user posted image

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

Best gameplay of the of all the gameplays yesterday.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 09:16)

That was already done this gen. You're missing out on a lot of things that will occur next gen.

Please show me all the console games with full dynamic lighting, dynamic particles (not just sprites), Advanced Ai and advanced physics. The Last of Us comes pretty close to filling those requirements but it won't be a touch on some of the stuff you will see this gen.

If you think physics is currently at its peak then you have no ide what you're talking about, we haven't even had a game with organic destructible environments yet.

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

It looks like Ubisoft wants to take the crown for best open world dev. Which is good because that means more open world games! turn.gif

This game amazed me the same WD did last year. Can not wait to play it!

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

The graphics are gorgeous. Has to be one of the most detailed gaming environments I've seen. And i will be honest, i have never liked any previous Tom Clancy games, but this is looking impressive.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 11:38)

Please show me all the console games with full dynamic lighting, dynamic particles (not just sprites), Advanced Ai and advanced physics. The Last of Us comes pretty close to filling those requirements but it won't be a touch on some of the stuff you will see this gen.

If you think physics is currently at its peak then you have no ide what you're talking about, we haven't even had a game with organic destructible environments yet.

Umm, are you serious? Dynamic Lighting has been featured in games since 2004.
Remember Original Far Cry, DOOM 3, Halo 2 and FEAR?
You only said "particles" in your original statement.
Also, what kinds of Physics are you talking about? there are Fluids, Cloth, Destruction etc. Please specify.
"You have no idea"
Of course, making an accusation upon a statement I never expressed directly or indirectly. Bravo!.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (DeeperRed @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 13:38)

from official website:

"Only on next-gen

Powered by our new game engine Snowdrop™, tailor-made for next-gen consoles, Tom Clancy’s The Division achieves a whole new level of gameplay quality. Snowdrop takes full advantage of the new consoles with dynamic global illumination, stunning procedural destruction and an insane amount of detail and visual effects."

no way we saw this stuff on current gen. especially dynamic global illumination

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 12:16)

from official website:

"Only on next-gen

Powered by our new game engine Snowdrop™, tailor-made for next-gen consoles, Tom Clancy’s The Division achieves a whole new level of gameplay quality. Snowdrop takes full advantage of the new consoles with dynamic global illumination, stunning procedural destruction and an insane amount of detail and visual effects."

There have been many algorithms to "fake" Dynamic Global Illumination/Indirect Lighting. On current gen consoles this was first done by The Last Of Us. I'm sure you've watched some scenes in which flashlight's light bounces off surfaces.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 14:19)

from official website:

"Only on next-gen

There have been many algorithms to "fake" Dynamic Global Illumination/Indirect Lighting. On current gen consoles this was first done by The Last Of Us. I'm sure you've watched some scenes in which flashlight's light bounces off surfaces.

there u have it... "fake" illumination (dont even know if thats true)

and it isnt even released

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 12:21)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 14:19)

from official website:

"Only on next-gen

there u have it... "fake" illumination (dont even know if thats true)

and it isnt even released

Read my post again. I suggest you improve your reading comprehension.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

whats the problem? if they fake dynamic global illumination it isnt actual DGI. and you should finally stop to post nonsense, then trying to make you arguments valid with made up info...

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

I was almost disappointed that the voices werent coming from ingame AI because that would have been something.

I thought they finally learnt that non over the top dialog and calm function based talk pays off.

I hope it is only PvE during the game, I don't want PvP unless it is in a specific mode for fighting other players. Or just some option in the settings.

Only thing that kinda sucks about MMO's is no pausing the game, Defiance suffers from that. Should be win though.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 12:29)
whats the problem? if they fake dynamic global illumination it isnt actual DGI. and you should finally stop to post nonsense, then trying to make you arguments valid with made up info...

*facepalm*

Read my post again. Your reading comprehension is atrocious.

The Last Of Us has dynamic global illumination approximation. Hitman Absolution does as well, so does DiRT Showdown.
http://images.euroga...2/9/9/3.bmp.jpg

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 14:53)

*facepalm*

The Last Of Us has dynamic global illumination approximation. Hitman Absolution does as well, so does DiRT Showdown.

I guess you should open your eyes... there is no f*ckin true global illumination on current gen... and posting a screen does not proof your points at all

True global illumination is currently impossible in realtime on the current generation of consoles, and it’s expected to be a principal feature of games made for the next generation. But, Merceron told us, technology is moving towards physically based lighting. “We have this running on PS3 and 360 right now,” he said.

http://www.edge-onli...me-current-gen/

now GTFO

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 13:00)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 14:53)

*facepalm*

I guess you should open your eyes... there is no f*ckin true global illumination on current gen... and posting a screen does not proof your points at all

True global illumination is currently impossible in realtime on the current generation of consoles, and it’s expected to be a principal feature of games made for the next generation. But, Merceron told us, technology is moving towards physically based lighting. “We have this running on PS3 and 360 right now,” he said.

http://www.edge-onli...me-current-gen/

now GTFO

Bitch Please. You're gonna believe that marketing bullsh*t again? Lol, you really are that naive and gullible.
lol.gif

Here's DiRT Showdown.
http://techreport.co...0-ghz-edition/6
"Although Showdown is based on the same game engine as its predecessors, it adds an advanced lighting path that uses DirectCompute to allow fully dynamic lighting. In addition, the game has an optional global illumination feature that approximates the diffusion of light off of surfaces in the scene. We enabled both the new lighting path and global illumination in our tests."

Hitman Absolution

Crytek brought Dynamic Global Illumination in Crysis 2 first using the algorithm called Light Propagation Volumes, in which it casts a Reflective Shadow Map, it's an iterative method of Global Illumination.
You can read the PDF here: http://citeseerx.ist...p=rep1&type=pdf
Or here: http://www.crytek.co...ion_Volumes.pdf
user posted image
http://www.geeks3d.c...in-cryengine-3/
"This chapter introduces a new technique for approximating the first bounce of diffuse global illumination in real-time. As diffuse global illumination is very computationally intensive, it is usually implemented only as static precomputed solutions thus negatively affecting game production time. In this chapter we present a completely dynamic solution using spherical harmonics (SH) radiance volumes for light field finite-element approximation, point-based injective volumetric rendering and a new iterative radiance
propagation approach. Our implementation proves that it is possible to use this solution efficiently even with current generation of console hardware (Microsoft Xbox® 360, Sony PlayStation® 3) . Because this technique does not require any preprocessing stages and fully supports dynamic lighting, objects, materials and view points, it is possible to harmoniously integrate it into an engine as complex as the cross-platform engine CryEngine® 3 with a large set of graphics technologies without requiring additional production time."

With Crysis 3, they improved it even more.
user posted image
http://img7.imagesha...61122h25m42.png

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

lol. you tell me I would trust marketing stuff, yet you post the stuff yourself. thats pathetic

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 17:56)
lol. you tell me I would trust marketing stuff, yet you post the stuff yourself. thats pathetic

You sir are truly an idiot.

The content I posted is actually featured in game.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

My dick got hard watching the 7 minute gameplay trailer this morning. I can't wait.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:00)

ahahaha you are more stupid than I thought

you post that games on current gen fake it

than you talk BS about marketing stuff and that they lie.

then you post some marketing quotes yourself with screens which contain "fake" GI...

everyone who played C2 on console knows that its far from being true GI...

pathetic... just pathetic

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Instead of arguing about GDL, talk about the game or don't post at all.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 18:11)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:00)

ahahaha you are more stupid than I thought

you post that games on current gen fake it

than you talk BS about marketing stuff and that they lie.

then you post some marketing quotes yourself with screens which contain "fake" GI...

everyone who played C2 on console knows that its far from being true GI...

pathetic... just pathetic

Your life is pathetic lol.

You misinterpreted my original post. Though there is some of my fault as well. I should have posted a more comprehensive post, or should have elaborated.

I meant that, before all these games, there have been many fake GI algorithms. The Last Of Us is the first game to actually have Dynamic GI (Are you f*cking blind? Did you not see the Gameplay videos in which light bounces off? Oh wait, you don't know it's definition. Here: https://en.wikipedia...l_Illumination)

When Crytek said that this can be done on current gen consoles, they meant that the offline approximation calculation is done on consoles while the Real Time GI occurs on PC. As clarified by Beyond3D, there were two threads containing this specific relevant information. The first one I can't find it, however the second one is here albeit you'll have to surf through pages to find the specific information. http://forum.beyond3...ead.php?t=54279

The games which use this Indirect Lighting algorithm are doing it in Real Time. Provide proof otherwise that they're fake.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

If you guys get this topic locked I'm going to be pissed.

You completely ignored Moonshield's post.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 18:30)
If you guys get this topic locked I'm going to be pissed.

You completely ignored Moonshield's post.

Didn't see Moonshield's post there before I clicked the Quote button.
My apologies. But when someone is this ignorant and is pathetically trying to defend a gaming console. You just have to take action.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Another slap in the face for PC gamers. This looks awesome...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users