Tom Clancy's The Division

294 replies to this topic
RassO
  • RassO

Days Of Future Past

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:58 AM

Terrible news, sure they hinted it would be delayed a few months ago.. but this was one of the reasons I was actually considering stepping into new-gen aside from Watch_Dogs or Witcher 3... and a few others.

Obviously this means more time for improvement, but what a let down.

Yeah. One of the devs said months ago that it would be impossible for The Division to be released this year, and that we could expect it sometime in 2015.
I wouldn't exactly call that a hint though. Did they ever initially say it was being released this year or was that assumed?

They said that they expected it to be released late 2014, but personally i think they knew it would have to be delayed.

The division looks amazing, the graphics they showed at E3 was amazing but some people on this forum think it wasn't running on a ps4. I think we should all be positive about it and not be negative saying negative comments because that's causing bad luck towards the division.

The graphics at E3 where unbelievable but that's true next gen power. I feel people saw the watch dogs downgrade in graphics and now think the division will get the same which is ironic.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

Hope they don't f*ck this up because this game looked and played f*cking amazing! It's the only true next gen coming from Ubisoft, and it has my attention. Waiting for this, I don't care if there is a delay or not.

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

You've certainly forgotten about "The Crew". :)

• Officer620 likes this

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

Apparently they've barely even started development on the game...

http://www.ign.com/a...delayed-to-2015

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

Even a 2015 release is highly doubtful...

http://www.gamereact...h The Division/

^

That just shows, that the gameplay we saw was heavily edited I guess. I mean, the game looked almost ready to ship 1 year ago while they now say, that its barely working.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

That video from a while ago we saw was suppossed to be actually them playing the game. I have sereous douts about that now.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

That video from a while ago we saw was suppossed to be actually them playing the game. I have sereous douts about that now.

It probably was, just a little part of it.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:12 PM

Damn was hoping that source from back in January was false. Ah well as long as they take all the time they need. If it comes to it that it will release in spring 2016, I would be ok with that (I think lol).

MGSV and a bunch other games will keep me occupied until then.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:21 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 16 May 2014 - 10:23 PM.

Wow, what a bunch of PATHETIC c*ntS. So what the hell did they show us in E3 2013? A f*cking alpha footage on steroids? I had a feeling these bunch of f*cking idiots would be doing something wrong.

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:46 PM

Wow, what a bunch of PATHETIC c*ntS. So what the hell did they show us in E3 2013? A f*cking alpha footage on steroids? I had a feeling these bunch of f*cking idiots would be doing something wrong.

Well as long as their using the delay time wisely the game could become on of the best new games of current gen.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:54 PM

Guess they showed us a heavily beefed up vertical slice at E3.

Tro lol lol.

Hope it doesn't take too long to release but that they take the time they need to get it in good working order.

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:47 AM

i've never played any tom clancy games. sure the game LOOKS good graphics wise but i have no clue what it's about and why everyone is excited about it. just looks like a generic shooter. what's the deal with this game?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:51 AM

i've never played any tom clancy games. sure the game LOOKS good graphics wise but i have no clue what it's about and why everyone is excited about it. just looks like a generic shooter. what's the deal with this game?

MMO RPG Shooter. Awesome Graphics ( but its Ubisoft, so you know the deal ) and the Story behind it is actually something that could be insanely insteressting if they write it good.

RassO
  • RassO

Days Of Future Past

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

My auncle works for ubisoft he isnt the designer or the game but is working on the project. He told me there trying to push the release to February/March area.

But right now the game is nowhere near done. So idk

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:06 AM

This is good. They need to take all the time they can. Take it easy, take it steady. No rushing.  

Easier on both devs and gamers in the long run. 

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:12 AM

My auncle works for ubisoft he isnt the designer or the game but is working on the project. He told me there trying to push the release to February/March area.

duuuude a rabid squirrel bit me then told me the same

RassO
  • RassO

Days Of Future Past

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:30 AM

This is good. They need to take all the time they can. Take it easy, take it steady. No rushing.  

Easier on both devs and gamers in the long run. 

I agree, I just hope it doesn't come out this time next year of something, I hope they can bet it ready around January/February

Jeneticyst
  • Jeneticyst

Galileo Figaro

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:14 AM

Considering how seamless and online-based it was on the demo, I doubt they're going to have it ready anytime before fall 2015. I mean, virtually no loading screens, seamless integration with that tablet player, and if it's completely online, even if it's on PS4/XBONE/PC, they've got to be ready for the worst. I mean, they can't have one of GTAO's launch day's debacles.

Hopefully it's good though with all the time they're taking on it. Never played a Tom Clancy game, but The Division looks spectacular. Those graphics. Dat apocalyptic-style-survival-decrepit buildings stuff.

DisasterMaster13
  • DisasterMaster13

Anarky Bitches!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:12 AM

I hope it's out by christmas next year.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

Massive fan of Tom Clancy games and the books. This sounds awesome although haven't researched it much, is It an online only game? Or will there be single player campaign too?

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:04 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 24 May 2014 - 02:05 PM.

Of what? 2015? Sorry to tell you, but the truth is your "auncle" does not work for Ubisoft, and as the article has stated, they've barely been working on the project this whole time, so it's not even possible to come out in 2015.

• Dutch Psycho likes this

Jeneticyst
  • Jeneticyst

Galileo Figaro

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:26 AM

Massive fan of Tom Clancy games and the books. This sounds awesome although haven't researched it much, is It an online only game? Or will there be single player campaign too?

Definitely look up the gameplay videos from 2014 E3 if you can. It's gorgeous. It's an "open world RPG shooter", so you can go through the story with a group of 3 + 1 tablet player, who provides support via helicopter. But I'm sure you can lone wolf it too. It sounds like it's always online though, like a persistent open world game, kinda how Destiny and GTAO are persistent open worlds games. There hasn't been a ton of information leaked though, so the details are kinda foggy.

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:17 AM Edited by tuareg, 25 May 2014 - 07:19 AM.

They probably just made a gameplay segment from the stuff they already had. It was just players shooting AI and then walking through a building. And the game will mostly be pvp and MP, so it's not like they need to show a story mission or anything that would indicate how far they are into development.

So yeah, i'm not even expecting this to be released earlier than late 2015. Watch dogs is right around the corner and the crew will probably end up getting released near the end of the year. Not to mention unity later this year. 4 games from ubi in one year? That's a lot of money spent on advertising. I'm even starting to be sceptical about the crew dropping this year.

Also when the team says the game will be released when it's ready, it doesn't sound to hopeful. But i don't even care how far it's delayed. Just ship the game in working condition and we're cool.

RassO
  • RassO

Days Of Future Past

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:33 AM Edited by RassO, 25 May 2014 - 07:34 AM.

I really do hope This is out before late 2015 :( damn I'm getting old.........

I want it NOW!!!

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=P0eP5kiBJHE

A new trailer, from E3 2014.

• Alfresco likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users