Photo

Star Wars Battlefront

947 replies to this topic
mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

Did we have confirmation on being able to play as Jedis or Sith?

Imma be very disappointed if they left that out. Playing as Luke Skywalker in Hoth back in the previous games was awesome. Jumping up onto the AT-AT's head and slicing with the lightsaber till the beast falls down on it's knees... sigh good memories. I should install Battlefront II again.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

It's safe to say the game will come out in the mid-2015, since the new Star Wars movie is coming up then.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 04:13)

Imma be very disappointed if they left that out. Playing as Luke Skywalker in Hoth back in the previous games was awesome. Jumping up onto the AT-AT's head and slicing with the lightsaber till the beast falls down on it's knees... sigh good memories. I should install Battlefront II again.

It'll probably be ten dollar, day-one DLC.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

They should make a proper game based on "Phantom Menace". It would have been fun to play as Qui Gon as well as Obi Wan and even Maul if they could implement multiplayer.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (The-King @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 22:50)
QUOTE (mrpain @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 04:13)

It'll probably be ten dollar, day-one DLC.

Naaaaaaaaaah. It can't be that bad, right? Right?! RIGHT?!?

In other news, I've just installed Battlefront II on my lappy after so many years. Tried to go online, there's only two dedicated servers left with zero players in it each sad.gif

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 05:45)
Get ready to have your hopes and dreams shattered to itty bitty pieces.

DICE has confirmed that Star Wars: Battlefront is not a sequel to Battlefront 2, instead it is the developer’s own interpretation of what Battlefront should be, according to EA Games boss Patrick Söderlund.

“This is DICE’s interpretation of what Battlefront should be. That’s the best description you can have,” he told Eurogamer. “There are absolutely things in the previous Battlefront games that you’ll recognize and remember, but DICE wants to put its own flavor on it. That’s the only way we can do it.

“Hence it’s called Star Wars: Battlefront, without a 3 at the end. We want to say it’s something new. But again, it’s going to be very Star Wars and very cool.”

Star Wars: Battlefront was announced during EA’s E3 press conference. So far no platforms have been confirmed.

http://www.egmnow.co...-battlefront-3/

As long as they keep the basic formula for Battlefront then it should be good.
  • Kennethmt likes this

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

Really f*cking hope we get all the modes we used to have and not just a typical campaign and multiplayer. I used to love that mode where you had to conquer the galaxy whilst buying little upgrades and stuff (forgot what it's called)

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

turnt up

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

I'm hoping for space battles too, those were really fun in battlefront 2 but I just get the feeling they're going to be left out this time.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (gta3kuruma @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 01:40)
I'm hoping for space battles too, those were really fun in battlefront 2 but I just get the feeling they're going to be left out this time.

They better add something to the space battle cause they got boring quick. It was the same thing over and over. Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron had the right idea for Ground/Air/Space battles in which if you take control of a spot on the ground it will help destroy the enemy space craft but too bad most ground maps sucked.

GTAKing3197
  • GTAKing3197

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

Can't wait to see how good it'll look on the Frostbite engine smile.gif But DICE?! I'm worried that they'll turn this brilliant series into a typical First Person-Shooter sad.gif

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Want me to cut you up and sell your organs?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

http://www.videogame...attlefront.html

Third Person confirmed.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 17:59)
http://www.videogame...attlefront.html

Third Person confirmed.

YESSS!!! All it needs now is conquest mode and I think this is my most anticipated game

Cult Of Personality
  • Cult Of Personality

=A=

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

As long as they don't just make a Battlefield clone with Star Wars slapped on the title then I'll be happy. If third person is just tacked on and will hinder you in any way then I'll be annoyed. And if they don't have co-op campaign then they'll feel my wrath.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

If DICE doesn't include Offline multiplayer with Bots, I will be supremely pissed.
It is by far the best feature of the series.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 20:05)
If DICE doesn't include Offline multiplayer with Bots, I will be supremely pissed.
It is by far the best feature of the series.

I agree. It's unfortunate that most developers don't even bother with bots anymore.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

They ruined Battlefield, no doubt they'll ruin this game too. No point in getting your hopes up when EA is in charge.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 20:30)
They ruined Battlefield, no doubt they'll ruin this game too. No point in getting your hopes up when EA is in charge.

Bollocks.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 10:32)
QUOTE (Fireman @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 09:25)
Once I hear 3rd-person I´ll be happy, but they haven´t really said anything yet.

If it becomes another 1st-person shooter, but then with lasers, I´ll pass.

Almost same here.

As far as I can remember I think you could go into first person as well but I may be mistaken, I haven't played it since 05.

But I agree. Though an FPS is good in certain games, a game like this where you could be some totally awesome looking stormtrooper or wookie, you really want to see your character in full detail, as well as seeing your character do specific actions such as climbing, using turrets and light sabers and grappling hooks and such.

I know the unfinished project that was leaked was in third person, and it did look good even at that early stage.

With next gen tech I think they could make the animations of characters in third person look really decent.

Personally I really love a good third person shooter, I love seeing my customized character looking awesome.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

Battlefront 2 >> life.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Daz @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 06:36)
QUOTE (Zancudo @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 10:32)
QUOTE (Fireman @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 09:25)
Once I hear 3rd-person I´ll be happy, but they haven´t really said anything yet.

If it becomes another 1st-person shooter, but then with lasers, I´ll pass.

Almost same here.

As far as I can remember I think you could go into first person as well but I may be mistaken, I haven't played it since 05.

But I agree. Though an FPS is good in certain games, a game like this where you could be some totally awesome looking stormtrooper or wookie, you really want to see your character in full detail, as well as seeing your character do specific actions such as climbing, using turrets and light sabers and grappling hooks and such.

I know the unfinished project that was leaked was in third person, and it did look good even at that early stage.

With next gen tech I think they could make the animations of characters in third person look really decent.

Personally I really love a good third person shooter, I love seeing my customized character looking awesome.

Yeah, you could go into first-person as well, but the game made it quite obvious that you should play in 3rd-person (especially when entering vehicles and not being able to see what the heck is going on). The first person was basically just a camera put in someone's face.

Can't remember anything apart from the sniper rifle even having a crosshair.

Character customisation would be awesome in a game like Battlefront, didn't even think of that! Hope they throw that in.

Cult Of Personality
  • Cult Of Personality

=A=

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

I'm not sure about custimisation. The whole point of the game is that we're troopers, i.e. exact clones of each other.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Jedi. @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 17:32)
I'm not sure about custimisation. The whole point of the game is that we're troopers, i.e. exact clones of each other.

And the point of video games is to be fun. Besides, George Lucas already ruined Star Wars. A little bit of character customization in a Star Wars video game is not gonna ruin the lore.

twinkiller
  • twinkiller

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

EA will ruin this game with microtransactions and DLC.It is very difficult for me to get excited for this game because of EA having it's name on it and honestly (I will get flamed for this) but I think DICE is an overrated developer.Yeah their games are fun, but I don't think they are worth $60.00.I just see it as battlefield with blasters.

Cult Of Personality
  • Cult Of Personality

=A=

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 16:41)
QUOTE (Jedi. @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 17:32)

And the point of video games is to be fun. Besides, George Lucas already ruined Star Wars. A little bit of character customization in a Star Wars video game is not gonna ruin the lore.

Custimisation will not be the defining factor as to whether the game will be fun. lol.gif I want to buy a Star Wars game. Not a game with Star Wars slapped in the title just to sell copies. It just ruins the whole clone feeling for me.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (Jedi. @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 17:44)
Customization will not be the defining factor as to whether the game will be fun.

Never said it would be. But it adds to it. Besides, it doesn't have to be very in-depth. No facial customization is necessary. That wouldn't really add anything. Customizing armor in various ways would be enough. Maybe like armor customization in Mass Effect for example.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 17:15)
QUOTE (Jedi. @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 17:44)
Customization will not be the defining factor as to whether the game will be fun.

Never said it would be. But it adds to it. Besides, it doesn't have to be very in-depth. No facial customization is necessary. That wouldn't really add anything. Customizing armor in various ways would be enough. Maybe like armor customization in Mass Effect for example.

For me, that really does defeat the object of the 'clones'. Maybe the rebels should be customizable, but I don't see why the clones or the droids should be

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Jedi. @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 12:29)
As long as they don't just make a Battlefield clone with Star Wars slapped on the title then I'll be happy.

Have you played a Battlefront game before? That's essentially all it f*cking is.

Cult Of Personality
  • Cult Of Personality

=A=

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 18:35)
QUOTE (Jedi. @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 12:29)
As long as they don't just make a Battlefield clone with Star Wars slapped on the title then I'll be happy.

Have you played a Battlefront game before? That's essentially all it f*cking is.

Have you ever played a Battlefront game? biggrin.gif lol.gif I don't remember seeing epic space battles in Battlefield, nor the ability to use special characters (Jedi/Sith), nor the fact that it's third person (you're just not doing it right if you're playing it in first person), etc. lol.gif I was refering to Battlefield 3/4 in my previous post.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

Does anyone know if the servers are still active on Battlefront 2 (PC) and if a good number of people play it?

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

IV > V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Alright, first off, if this is going to be based off of George Lucas' Story of star wars, and no spin offs, the storm troopers would have never had customized armor. The clones never did, either. The clones had colored stripes on their helmets and arm armor to indicate ranks. But customizing the wookies/rebels would be totally open to me because they were not as organized as the Republic/Imperial Order. And if anyone is saying the storm troopers are clones, you are wrong. The only storm troopers that were clones were the earliest storm troopers, which were made out of the clones that survived after Order 66 happened. (For example Commander Cody or Commander Appo.) After that the Imperial Order began to enlist human recruits to the Storm Trooper Corps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users