• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

OMG!!!!!!!! I AM SO f*ckING HAPPY! I loved these games when I was like 6 years old and the fact that they are coming back for the next generation of consoles by the makers of Battlefield? I can't believe this is happening!

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

EA are gods to me now! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

It was kind of obvious though, wasn't it? EA had acquired the exclusive Star Wars license and one of their biggest development studios is DICE. It was only a matter of time.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

I have wanted this for years. Can't see how they could possibly f*ck it up too bad, either.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 05:01)
It was kind of obvious though, wasn't it? EA had acquired the exclusive Star Wars license and one of their biggest development studios is DICE. It was only a matter of time.

I have two sides of feelings with this. One, it's friggin Battlefront. Two, what horrendous DLC plans have they already planned out?

I'm just so glad it's confirmed so that everyone else would stop wishing about it. Just the thought of having next-gen space battles jizzes my mind.

Also it's interesting to note that the Battlefront franchise has skipped the entire current gen.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Love battlefront <3

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

I admit, I never played Elite Squadron, is it any good? But this really makes my happy. About E3 this year I was thinking "Meh, the only upcoming games I'm looking forward to are GTA V, The Last of Us, Watch Dogs, AC4, Battlefield 4, and COD: Ghosts, I already know the games are coming out, I don't need any more information." But this is amazing! I haven't been this happy at an E3 announcement since Halo 4! (too bad the game didn't turn out as I hoped, at least the multiplayer was good)

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

I'm suppressing my excitement about this because I can't help but feel EA will make it complete garbage.

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (Chunkyman @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 22:23)
I'm suppressing my excitement about this because I can't help but feel EA will make it complete garbage.

Dw, Dice is on the case

ot: Can't f*cking wait

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

Might set up my PS2 and play Battlefront 2 to hype me up!

Is this on Current gen too?

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Don_Corleone @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 15:26)

Dw, Dice is on the case

That changes absolutely nothing.

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 23:15)

Dw, Dice is on the case

if you say so

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:02 AM

I wish I could set up my PS2 to play it my old TV doesn't work anymore and PS2 games looks like absolute sh*t on my HDTV. I don't have a good PC to play it, so I guess I'll have to hunt it down on the original Xbox.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (Don_Corleone @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 18:53)
QUOTE (The Killa @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 23:15)

Dw, Dice is on the case

if you say so

I'll second Killa's motion.

SFPD officer
  • SFPD officer

What do I look like I'm made of? Pudding?

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:54 AM

About time. I loved Battlefront and it's great to see it's coming back. However, I'm worried that it will be too "Battlefield-ised". You know, blur, smoke, tacticool gameplay. I hope DICE will step out of their comfort zone and make the game as similar to original Battlefronts as possible. And the fact that EA's in charge worries me too. Hooray for Battlefront Premium, overpriced DLCs and microtransactions. But I guess I shouldn't be complaining, since it's better to have potentionally bad Battlefront than no Battlefront at all.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:33 AM

This is your chance to redeem yourselves, EA, don't f*ck this up.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:02 AM

We all knew this was coming.

The news of DICE making a star wars game, it had to be this, they invented the 'battlefield' style gameplay and it was what originally got me to buy the first battlefront because it was compared to 1942 gameplay.

DICE's lineup for E3 is just insanely good, Mirror's Edge, Battlefield 4, Star Wars Battlefront. My top games aside from MGS and Fallout. What more could you want?

So this will just be god damn epic sex on toast.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

Can't wait to get this on the PC once it comes out.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

Stars Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 were the best. Revenge sucked and elite had a cool feature with the Air/Space/Ground Battle. I hope EA makes it as close to Star Wars Battlefront 2 as they possibly can and not make it Battlefield 4.5.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

Once I hear 3rd-person I´ll be happy, but they haven´t really said anything yet.

If it becomes another 1st-person shooter, but then with lasers, I´ll pass.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 09:25)
Once I hear 3rd-person I´ll be happy, but they haven´t really said anything yet.

If it becomes another 1st-person shooter, but then with lasers, I´ll pass.

Almost same here.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

It would be hard to play as a jedi/sith in first person, it will definitely be third person (with first person options, like in previous games).

Luckily Dice is picking up the project that was left behind buy Lucas arts, so they will have access to all of the assets rather than having to rebuild the game from the ground up.

In other words, I doubt they are going to completely f*ck this game up.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (agent17 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 14:40)
Luckily Dice is picking up the project that was left behind buy Lucas arts, so they will have access to all of the assets

Any confirmation for that?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

There was an option to play Battlefront II with either first or third-person view. I would change the views from time to time and it didn't really change anything. Of course they'll force you back into third-person mode if you're playing as a Jedi or a Sith.

I enjoyed playing the previous Battlefront in first-person. There's not a feeling in the world that feels so intense than sprinting towards an AT-AT in first-person.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

Get ready to have your hopes and dreams shattered to itty bitty pieces.

DICE has confirmed that Star Wars: Battlefront is not a sequel to Battlefront 2, instead it is the developer’s own interpretation of what Battlefront should be, according to EA Games boss Patrick Söderlund.

“This is DICE’s interpretation of what Battlefront should be. That’s the best description you can have,” he told Eurogamer. “There are absolutely things in the previous Battlefront games that you’ll recognize and remember, but DICE wants to put its own flavor on it. That’s the only way we can do it.

“Hence it’s called Star Wars: Battlefront, without a 3 at the end. We want to say it’s something new. But again, it’s going to be very Star Wars and very cool.”

Star Wars: Battlefront was announced during EA’s E3 press conference. So far no platforms have been confirmed.

http://www.egmnow.co...-battlefront-3/

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:09 AM

I wouldn't say dreams shattered. This isn't the first time a developer approached a series and started from scratch. If anything, it's possible that this could be better. We'll just have to wait around, so far all we know is that we saw was a 10sec CGI clip. With no platforms confirmed yet, this thing is still in early to mid development, so I expect them to throw in all resources because this is a highly admired and wanted game.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

Fighting on Hoth or Kashyyk with Frostbite is going to be EPIC!!!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

Considering the game was called Battlefront, I think most of us already know it was a reboot tounge.gif

But my statement stays, as long as it's 3rd-person, I'm fine with it (and ofcourse other people can play 1st-person with the disadvantages that comes with it).

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

I hope it doesn't end up being just Battlefield with Star Wars skins.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

I'm going to get flamed for this for sure... but I enjoyed Battlefront for what it was... but obviously the comparison gameplaywise had to be made with Battlefield. And so if we compare the two I always thought Bf had the more compelling gameplay.

I can see this becoming something superior to what the franchise used to be. I always expected a tad more from Battlefront. It was fun and all... and Star Wars is pretty much always cool for a videogame... but apart from the very awesome Star Wars atmosphere and fun gameplay it lacked something to make the gameplay as epic as Battlefield's.

Very much looking forward to this game... no doubt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users