Quantcast

» «
Photo

E3 Discussion

735 replies to this topic

Poll: Will GTA V be shown at E3 conferences? (654 member(s) have cast votes)

Will GTA V be shown at E3 conferences?

1. Sony (236 votes [41.33%])

Percentage of vote: 41.33%

2. Microsoft (38 votes [6.65%])

Percentage of vote: 6.65%

3. Nintendo Direct (7 votes [1.23%])

Percentage of vote: 1.23%

4. No (I'm a negative person) (290 votes [50.79%])

Percentage of vote: 50.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote
lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:34 AM Edited by lefantome, 10 June 2013 - 01:15 PM.

user posted image
user posted image

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=cLE1oRjxyJA

FACTS:
- GTA 4 was present at Microsoft E3 2006 conference, Rockstar wasn't at that E3.
- Agent was present at Sony E3 2007 conference, Rockstar wasn't at that E3.
- Agent is or was a Playstation Exclusive we don't know if it will come out or Sony asked for a different kind of exclusive.
- Rockstar unveiled a Red Dead Redemption tech demo at the Ps3 reveal in E3 2005.
- There is a 99% chance that GTA V will come to Pc, what about next gen consoles? They can't miss the opportunity to sell the game and dlcs in the following 4-5 years untile GTA 6

Not Attending E3

means

We don't have a booth on the showfloor.

Examples:
- 2k games is not present at E3 but there are ads of Xcom the bureau on the LA convention center.
- Rockstar never had a public booth a gamescom but they were present in the business section.

Being featured in a conference means that the game will be present somehow: just a logo, an announcement or whatever. trailer and gameplay videos are unlikely.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

No. Can't you read the pinned topic Kirsty made? http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=559161

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Have you been living under a rock, It's been officially confirmed that GTAV won't be shown at E3.

solofme
  • solofme

True City Killers - Leader - PS3

• Members

You better change the last poll option to: No (I'm a realistic person)

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

Ever heard of electricity & water don't mix? It's the same with E3 & GTAV... GTAV is the electricity & E3 is the puddle of water (If you know what I mean wink.gif )

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (Polish_Trucker @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 09:37)
Ever heard of electricity & water don't mix? It's the same with E3 & GTAV... GTAV is the electricity & E3 is the puddle of water (If you know what I mean wink.gif )

What Trucker said icon14.gif

lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 09:36)
No. Can't you read the pinned topic Kirsty made? http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=559161

you must be 7 years old.

R* has no booth at E3 but it could be present at one console manufacturer conference like IT WAS in the past.
Just read the OP.

suicidal.gif

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (lefantome @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 09:34)
Don't forget that R* owes Sony an exclusive and Agent it's not going to be released anytime soon.

They do? Pretty sure the exclusives go to whoever gives them the most money.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

No. And I sure as hell am not a negative person.

Dear Diary, today OP was a bad guy. I would say the other word but most likely I would get an another warning for that moto_whistle.gif

Just so you know: R* has officially stated that GTA V won't be at E3. It doesn't matter if R* is not there.. it matters that the game itself won't be at E3.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (Barguast @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 09:39)
Don't forget that R* owes Sony an exclusive and Agent it's not going to be released anytime soon.

Indeed. OP has no clue what he's talking about. Like always.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

lolno.

lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 09:40)
QUOTE (Barguast @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 09:39)

Indeed. OP has no clue what he's talking about. Like always.

you better think for a while before you write.

L.A. Noire was a SONY project on which they wasted millions of dollars for years. Then it was purchased by Rockstar and it's rumoured that the exclusivity of Agent was part of the deal.

In any case:
Agent was announced as exclusive and it's not here, it could have been cancelled but Sony probably paid for the exclusive so they could want something in exchange.

ROCKSTAR SHOWED UP AT CONFERENCES EVEN WHEN NOT PRESENT AT E3(with a booth) IS A FACT

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

OP READ BEFORE YOU POST.

There's are reasons mods made a sticky thread about ER because too many noobs like you made E3 threads. GTA WILL NOT BE THERE.

And R* doesn't owe Sony nothing. If you don't know how exclusives work let me explain:

Sony wants to sell more PS consoles and make itself look better than Microsoft and Xbox. Sony knows R* is planing or already working on a new cool game.
Sony goes to R* and says: Hey buddy, how about you release that cool new game only on PS and not on that Xbox dude.
R* says: No problem buddy, just put your money where your mouth is.
Sony says: OK, OK, here's the money.

And that's how exclusives work. GTA is not, and will never be exclusive as any company would have to pay hundreds of millions to make a game like GTA exclusive to their console.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

OP wants to be the only hero in his own topic. He should have stayed in bed..

lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 09:47)
OP READ BEFORE YOU POST.

There's are reasons mods made a sticky thread about ER because too many noobs like you made E3 threads. GTA WILL NOT BE THERE.

And R* doesn't owe Sony nothing. If you don't know how exclusives work let me explain:

Sony wants to sell more PS consoles and make itself look better than Microsoft and Xbox. Sony knows R* is planing or already working on a new cool game.
Sony goes to R* and says: Hey buddy, how about you release that cool new game only on PS and not on that Xbox dude.
R* says: No problem buddy, just put your money where your mouth is.
Sony says: OK, OK, here's the money.

And that's how exclusives work. GTA is not, and will never be exclusive as any company would have to pay hundreds of millions to make a game like GTA exclusive to their console.

you're a pretty impolite child.

Being at E3 with a booth is one thing, being present at a conference is another thing? Can you understand this?

Just read the OP it has already happened, TWICE!

You don't know how the Agent exclusive was born, neither am I, but there is a rumor which involves L.A. Noire.

IN ANY CASE: we all know that Agent exclusive existed but we don't know if Agent exists anymore. If Sony paid for the exclusive but the project is canceled they could have requested another kind of exclusive. It could be GTA V, VI, Beatreator 2, table tennis 2, I don't know, but it suggests that R* could show up at their conference.

GTA V is not an exclusive, but dlcs or a next gen version could be.

You must be pretty young because you don't remember lots of things.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

FS, GTAV WILL NOT BE AT E3!!

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

I thought I'd give it a chance, but yet again certain individual see fit to use topics like this to post nonsensical, inflammatory crap. Never mind.

EDIT: Reopened. Let's see if we can try this again. To those who have difficulty reading, the topic is speculating on GTA:V presence at E3, not the presence of Rockstar who we've already established aren't attending. If you're going to offer your take on this, at least try to do so appropriately. Engage your brains.

Personally, I don't think we'll see GTA:V at E3 at all because it still seems like relatively early days in terms of the marketing campaign and I'm sure R* will, for the time being, want to be the ones making announcements. That, and the emphasis of E3 will be of the next-gen, whereas GTA:V is current gen.

Famous-CLS
  • Famous-CLS

'Verve

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

It would be likely that they released something like screens or artwork on the newswire this week.
Just to keep the hype up after E3 smile.gif

But don't expect something like trailers to be shown at the press conferences confused.gif

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (Barguast @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 09:58)
Personally, I don't think we'll see GTA:V at E3 at all because it still seems like relatively early days in terms of the marketing campaign and I'm sure R* will, for the time being, want to be the ones making announcements. That, and the emphasis of E3 will be of the next-gen, whereas GTA:V is current gen.

Agreed. Maybe they will post something on the Newswire, but nothing more.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

I'm on the fence. I don't think it's even close to being likely that GTA V will be shown at E3, either be it a private showing or from T2/during a console showing. Perhaps they will post something on the newswire, as they promised a few weeks ago that we will get new information 'soon'. Other than that I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:53 PM Edited by lefantome, 10 June 2013 - 12:55 PM.

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 12:46)
QUOTE (Barguast @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 09:58)

Agreed. Maybe they will post something on the Newswire, but nothing more.

Or maybe they will announce exclusive dlc, next gen ports of GTA V? who knows.

GTA V is the big player this year maybe they made some deals.

Also R* could unveil next gen games at the conference, in that case it won't be GTA related.

OP is now easy to understand for anyone, please read it or avoid posting.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

Dont think they will announce more DLC after their SE and CE announcement. But who knows. Maybe Microsoft is trying to get ahead of Sony once more.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:59 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 10 June 2013 - 01:02 PM.

I don't think that GTAV will be on the E3. I think that Rockstar is going to stick to their newswire and they are showing demos to sources such as Game Informer, IGN, and so forth but I don't think that there will be anything about the game on an event like E3. Also, platform exclusive DLCs don't seem to be very likely, especially now at the end of the console cycle. It makes more sense at the start of the console cycle because manufacturers like Microsoft and Sony want to expand the console base and platform-exclusive DLCs give the manufacturer an advantage. I could be wrong though. As for a next-gen version of GTAV, it does not seem to be very likely either but it's not impossible.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (lefantome @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 11:34)
Rockstar never had a public booth a gamescom but they were present in the business section.

Rockstar has had booths on the show floor of the Leipzig Convention and Gamescom several times over the years in Germany. Leipzig, of course, isn't being run anymore.

At least, I assume you were talking about Gamescom there.

uJhatafart00
  • uJhatafart00

Zarrogante

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

Mark this words: R* will be at Sony Conference announcing Agent coming exclusively on PS4 in 2014.
Pretty sure about that, 90% if i gotta say.

lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 13:04)
QUOTE (lefantome @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 11:34)
Rockstar never had a public booth a gamescom but they were present in the business section.

Rockstar has had booths on the show floor of the Leipzig Convention and Gamescom several times over the years in Germany. Leipzig, of course, isn't being run anymore.

At least, I assume you were talking about Gamescom there.

yes I wrote gamescom.

Regarding DLCs we don't know on which platform they will be released and how. I don't think that R* won't like to earn money like they did with GTA IV.

Also we don't know if GTA V will be a current gen game or a cross gen game. R* doesn't announce all the platforms if some of them are not going to be released at day one, but this time is different, the game has been delayed several months and it's the first GTA game to be released with the next gen few weeks away.

Pachter, which usually is good despite the crap he says sometimes, said that next gen console could harm GTA V sales.
The reason is that GTA has a long tail, it keep seelling a lot for years, gta 4 is still selling a lot in its complete edition at high prices.

If it won't be released on next gen people who will make the switch in the first years could decide to miss it, because they are more interested in other games and next gen.

Of course hardcore fans will buy the game anyway, I will and If they will release it on next gen I will buy it again day one.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

If anything we might see something on the Newswire. Doubt anything GTA related will be shown at the show itself.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

It is true that Rockstar hasn't announced any plans yet regarding future DLCs for GTAV, which is not a surprise as the game hasn't even been released yet, but does it even make sense to release small DLCs exclusively for a particular platform? After what Dan Houser said regarding Episodes from Liberty City, namely that add-ons for $10 are perhaps more profitable than add-ons for $20, also taking into account that bigger DLCs cost more money in production, it does not seem very likely that they are going to do add-ons of such a scale again. So they will most likely create DLCs that are around the scale as the ones of Max Payne 3 or Red Dead Redemption at best, I presume. My point is that it just doesn't sound right to release such small DLCs exclusively for a single platform.

You have a point though that GTAV releases pretty close to the next-generations consoles, however, the question would be: let's say Rockstar didn't intend to release their biggest game yet for the next-gen consoles, how good are the chances that plans changed because of the four months delay? Is there any chance at all? What does seem to be more likely: that GTAV is a cross-generation game or that Rockstar would rather focus on the development of their first next-gen title? That's where the PC version could play an important role. So far, we know that the PS4 and X1 have the same architecture as the PC platform. That means if they put effort into the PC version of V, then there shouldn't be a problem to port the game to the new consoles. That's the theory, but is this what Rockstar is going to do? Perhaps, perhaps not. Only time will tell.

lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 13:39)
It is true that Rockstar hasn't announced any plans yet regarding future DLCs for GTAV, which is not a surprise as the game hasn't even been released yet, but does it even make sense to release small DLCs exclusively for a particular platform? After what Dan Houser said regarding Episodes from Liberty City, namely that add-ons for $10 are perhaps more profitable than add-ons for $20, also taking into account that bigger DLCs cost more money in production, it does not seem very likely that they are going to do add-ons of such a scale again. So they will most likely create DLCs that are around the scale as the ones of Max Payne 3 or Red Dead Redemption at best, I presume. My point is that it just doesn't sound right to release such small DLCs exclusively for a single platform.

You have a point though that GTAV releases pretty close to the next-generations consoles, however, the question would be: let's say Rockstar didn't intend to release their biggest game yet for the next-gen consoles, how good are the chances that plans changed because of the four months delay? Is there any chance at all? What does seem to be more likely: that GTAV is a cross-generation game or that Rockstar would rather focus on the development of their first next-gen title? That's where the PC version could play an important role. So far, we know that the PS4 and X1 have the same architecture as the PC platform. That means if they put effort into the PC version of V, then there would be no problem to port the game to the new consoles. That's the theory, but is this what Rockstar is going to do? Perhaps, perhaps not. Only time will tell.

They said it shortly after the release on xbox.

Of course will be a timed exclusive.

Biggert DLCs cost more but they earn more. They can't develop a GTA every 2 or 3 years so they can make more profit on a gta with dlcs and take the time they need for the next one.

They did the same with RDR and it was a success.

No the plans can't change because of the 4 months delay but if the next gen version was in the works surely that changed the plans. They now have to announce the next gen version before the release of the current gen version.

If the next gen version wasn't planned maybe it will never happen in the following years, maybe in 5 years as Full HD porting.
I'm pretty sure that all the R* teams are busy with next gen projects, so they must have planned that version in advance if it exists.

(Ok it's not mandatory they can announce it whenever they want it depends on if they have deals with sony or microsoft).

Yep porting GTA V will be a lot easier for these reasons:

- it's a current gen game on a more powerful hardware.
- there wasn't a programming paradigm shift between the generations like last time.
- the RAGE group is working on the next gen edition of the engine and they can use it.
- the next gen console architecture are a lot easier to understand.
- they are similar to pc.
- Hopefully R* Toronto is not developing any port.(and they are hiring a lot now, maybe their project has entered full production)

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

I honestly think we'll get ZERO on GTA V today, if anything...it could be at Microsoft's, and then some timed exclusive DLC maybe, but i don't think it will happen. MS will mostly be about X1 games today and just a bit about 360. We'll have to wait and see. Antyhing GTA V this week will be coming from Take Two/Rockstar themselves, the marketing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users