Photo

The Multiple TOWNS Argument

3,780 replies to this topic
getfranklin
  • getfranklin

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (ALeSsAnDrO @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 20:06)
Nobody from R* specifically mentioned the game only including one city.
What has been said is "one major city" and "a reimagined SoCal" (which IMO rules out Las Vegas).
To me, this leaves a lot of room for interpretation. It might perfectly mean LS and a smaller city like San Diego.

yes they did say los santos is the only city

E1999Eternal
  • E1999Eternal

Prankster

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

As much as I'd love to see a version of Mexico in the game, I just don't think it's gonna happen based off of screens, R* comments, and how much of a headache it would be to create a new country in a sandbox, free-to-explore game. It was way easier in Red Dead because it was a much different time period and there was little to no technology that would create issues like the following in today's world:

1) New country, new license plates?
2) Different cop cars? (Something we didn't see in Alderney, which I know was technically LC but also oddly implied as a separate area on the radio and stuff.)
3) Border Issues: What happens when you fly into Mexico? 5 stars? Mexican police hunt you down? Mexican Air Force chases you? What if you fly back into San Andreas, will the Mexican jets shoot you down on American soil?
4) Say you steal a Mexican car with Mexican plates and drive into SA, will the Mexican cops stop the chase or continue on? If they continue on and you call the "Wanted Level Down" cheat, will Mexican cops who've stopped pursuit casually drive around in SA? Will a SA cop let you drive around despite your Mexican plates?
5) The geographical issues: If they let you access an isolated part of this new country, like Tijuana for example how do they cut you off from the rest of it and keep a level of realism? Giant mountains aren't realistic and take up memory, and you can't really make it some tiny island if it's supposed to be a whole different country, can you?

Anyway, what I'm getting at is adding a border town that's still in San Andreas but has both American and Mexican flair, like San Diego would be way more realistic to add into the game, but if you can't also add Mexico by that town, what's the point? That is kind of why I believe R* has decided to just avoid the whole Mexico/San Diego ordeal altogether and focus on San Andreas. I do hope areas of Los Santos are extremely Hispanic.

In Rockstar's world, Mexico/California's geographic relations could be more like Cuba/FLorida, where they are separated by a bunch of water, that way they can avoid mapping Mexico while also not having to completely avoid it's influence on San Andreas.

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (ChatterBoxFM @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 20:01)

They are TWO separate billboards with a 50ft. gap (or so) between them.

3) Border Issues: What happens when you fly into Mexico? 5 stars? Mexican police hunt you down? Mexican Air Force chases you? What if you fly back into San Andreas, will the Mexican jets shoot you down on American soil?

you win, I completely agree

Mexican airforce...thats funny

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (Zulu412 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 21:49)
Stop talking about the license plate. The big find is the sign. Having lived in San Diego myself, I'd be absolutely thrilled to see it depicted in GTA. I will agree that the sign bears resemblance, especially notice the lamp posts on the sides? The sign goes around it just like the real sign does.

EDIT: On the sign from the screenshot, it looks as though it reads "EL SOL"?

user posted image

This was posted by Chrill in another, inferior, thread.

just interesting what he noticed.

ScotchMouth
  • ScotchMouth

Single malt no ice

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (getfranklin @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 14:59)
QUOTE (Josh410 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 19:55)
QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 19:53)
QUOTE (getfranklin @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 15:50)
QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 19:45)
QUOTE (Josh410 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 15:42)
Yes San Diego is pluasible, but las venturas is also pluasible, they are hiding the northern part of the map. For the people who say it isn't in, you haven't seen the map, r* can give us many surprises. Yes Dan houser said there is only one city but when was that? A year and a half ago. Why did they delay it? There was some bugs, but they could have tried to added another city and were not finished. If any other city was in the game, it would be small.

Plus, las venturas would be a great game ending heist

I do think now that San Diego is possible after seeing that sign, but i have no doubt in my mind that we will not see LV.

ill bet anyone in here $20 that los santos is the only major city on the entire map...

I would never do that bet, because you never know with rockstar.

Yes. Why in the hell is there so many theory's about other cities? There has to be another city because there is to much info back up another city

dan houser already confirmed los santos as the one and only city. as i said... ive got twenty dollars on los santos being the only city in the entire map if anyone would like to make a bet yawn.gif

Yeah but Rockstar also said that there wouldn't be the ability to purchase property. Then out of nowhere you can purchase property. There was a delay and info shifted a bit. I think that makes the theory plausable

dangr
  • dangr

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by dangr, 12 June 2013 - 10:07 PM.

QUOTE (E1999Eternal @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 00:29)
1) New country, new license plates? 
2) Different cop cars? (Something we didn't see in Alderney, which I know was technically LC but also oddly implied as a separate area on the radio and stuff.)
3) Border Issues: What happens when you fly into Mexico?  5 stars?  Mexican police hunt you down?  Mexican Air Force chases you?  What if you fly back into San Andreas, will the Mexican jets shoot you down on American soil? 
4) Say you steal a Mexican car with Mexican plates and drive into SA, will the Mexican cops stop the chase or continue on?  If they continue on and you call the "Wanted Level Down" cheat, will Mexican cops who've stopped pursuit casually drive around in SA? Will a SA cop let you drive around despite your Mexican plates?
5) The geographical issues:  If they let you access an isolated part of this new country, like Tijuana for example how do they cut you off from the rest of it and keep a level of realism?  Giant mountains aren't realistic and take up memory, and you can't really make it some tiny island if it's supposed to be a whole different country, can you?

1) Maybe. That's not an issue.

2) Yes. They said there are lot of things they didn't show. So there are many more cars. And if they wanted to hide Mexico, they wouldn't show us their police cars.

3) When you fly they check you at the airport. When you drive there you just have to stop like you did at the toll booths in GTA IV. If you have guns with you, then they chase you in both cases (flying, driving). If you pass the boarders while flying a plane they chase you down eitherway. You can only pass weapons by crossing the boarders through a mountain/desert area etc.

4) No they won't. If you pass the boarders, San Andreas Police Department chases you. (if Mexicans continue chasing you, and you use a cheat to stop them, you already f*cked the realism so it doesn't matter if they stay in San Andreas)

5) I preffer more mountains than islands.

I don't say that we will have Mexico in the game. However it's not that hard for Rockstar to fit it in.
I pretty sure about San Diego though (after the latest pictures).

(sorry for my english, it was a big post and I definitely made a lot of mistakes tounge.gif )

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (ScotchMouth @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 22:01)
QUOTE (getfranklin @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 14:59)
QUOTE (Josh410 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 19:55)
QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 19:53)
QUOTE (getfranklin @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 15:50)
QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 19:45)
QUOTE (Josh410 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 15:42)
Yes San Diego is pluasible, but las venturas is also pluasible, they are hiding the northern part of the map. For the people who say it isn't in, you haven't seen the map, r* can give us many surprises. Yes Dan houser said there is only one city but when was that? A year and a half ago. Why did they delay it? There was some bugs, but they could have tried to added another city and were not finished. If any other city was in the game, it would be small.

I do think now that San Diego is possible after seeing that sign, but i have no doubt in my mind that we will not see LV.

ill bet anyone in here $20 that los santos is the only major city on the entire map...

I would never do that bet, because you never know with rockstar.

Yes. Why in the hell is there so many theory's about other cities? There has to be another city because there is to much info back up another city

dan houser already confirmed los santos as the one and only city. as i said... ive got twenty dollars on los santos being the only city in the entire map if anyone would like to make a bet yawn.gif

Yeah but Rockstar also said that there wouldn't be the ability to purchase property. Then out of nowhere you can purchase property. There was a delay and info shifted a bit. I think that makes the theory plausable

People are deluded to think that've added a city in the delay... If they did add it it would probably have a reason to exist, like a string of missions taking place there, they didn't delay the game to add a city just for sh*t and giggles.

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

If the colorful spot in the lower center of this pic is a parody of salvation mountain...
user posted image

this is salvation mountain
user posted image

it's in Calipatria, California near the Salton Sea in Imperial county = which is right on the border of Mexico
user posted image

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (DS 17 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 20:02)
QUOTE (Josh410 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 20:42)

San Diego has a great chance, while Las Vegas doesn't.
We have already seen the North-East corner of the map in the pic with the lighthouse.

Yea bullsh*t. You haven't seen the damn map. The lighthouse you don't even know where the lighthouse is located

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (Wreak Havoc in Los Santos @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 22:41)
this guy is a better writer and has more arguments than 90% of the trolls here, even though english is not his mother language

great work pal

i'm really betting high that some medium-sized city will be featured in the northern area

thank you sir.

though engrish is my muther language, I just don't care to be grammatically accurate.

KrushLTx10
  • KrushLTx10

Speedy and Slightly Agitated

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:39 AM Edited by KrushLTx10, 13 June 2013 - 03:47 AM.

I could see San Diego being in the Northwest corner of the map. R* is known for keeping a secret about the map very close to release of the game. Alderney with IV, and Mexico with RDR. I just don't see why they would reveal so much of the map (North-South of it at least) this early. If you use the Observatory screenshot overlooking Los Santos, the newest plane screenshot overlooking the Alamo Sea and the screenshot of the helicopter flying near the Vinewood sign looking out past the Vinewood Hills you can basically see what most of the map will be South to North. If there's nothing behind the big mountain North of the Alamo Sea I would be severely disappointed. That means we have seen close to around 75% of the map already. With Los Santos being the size that it is (same size or a little bit smaller than Liberty City) I wouldn't be surprised if they went the Liberty City - Alderney route and made a smaller rendition of San Diego in that Northwest Corner of V's map. The screenshot with the El Sol arch is the only evidence behind this though and it's wishful thinking. I'd love to see a map like that but we just have to wait and see.

Plus with Dan Houser's GI statement saying they were trying to recreate the LA Sprawl, which with what we know right now they did not, leaves more to be desired in terms of city area. Cutting out East LA, parts of the ghetto, most notably Long Beach and Carson, and condensing LA into the blueprint map they revealed points to either more focus on country area, more focus on detail inside of the city, or another city lurking in the area we haven't seen, the Northwest. And it doesn't have to be a full on San Diego. They could go the Alderney route and do a small part of San Diego like they did a part of New Jersey in IV.

getfranklin
  • getfranklin

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (Zulu412 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 03:35)
this guy is a better writer and has more arguments than 90% of the trolls here, even though english is not his mother language

great work pal

i'm really betting high that some medium-sized city will be featured in the northern area

thank you sir.

though engrish is my muther language, I just don't care to be grammatically accurate.

youre betting high that there is another city? i told everyone i have $20 riding on los santos being the only city on the map. ill go higher if you like. any takers? yawn.gif

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (getfranklin @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 20:11)

great work pal

thank you sir.

youre betting high that there is another city? i told everyone i have $20 riding on los santos being the only city on the map. ill go higher if you like. any takers? yawn.gif

ill take that bet lol alien.gif icon14.gif

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (getfranklin @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 04:11)

great work pal

thank you sir.

I'm simply throwing out some reasonable arguments that there could be.
& we could all be surprised in the near future.

@KrushLTx10: in the CVG review of game play, they said during the free fall, Alamo see was behind them to the North & that there
was a military base to their right (west)
I don't believe we've seen the base yet, so there's that entire portion of the west (prob NW) we haven't see.
Unless of course, they where backwards, meaning Alamo sea & what not was south of the city & the base was east of the city.

& they speak of the haze of the city, which we also see a lot of haze in screenshots.
perhaps it's draw distance or R* does it intentionally to restrict what we see in the distance.

My point being is I believe there is a lot more we haven't see map wise.

getfranklin
  • getfranklin

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (ChatterBoxFM @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 04:26)

great work pal

thank you sir.

youre on. im stating that los santos is the only large metropolitan area in the game. towns and such around the map do not count as other cities. deal?

Kaster
  • Kaster

Chant Hare Krishna and be Happy!

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:36 AM

Some hints for you, please try to study the sun orbit and see where is the real cardinal points

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (getfranklin @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 20:35)

great work pal

thank you sir.

youre on. im stating that los santos is the only large metropolitan area in the game. towns and such around the map do not count as other cities. deal?

sure but ill be betting for bragging rights lol

getfranklin
  • getfranklin

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (ChatterBoxFM @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 04:40)

great work pal

thank you sir.

so no $20? just bragging rights?

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (getfranklin @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 20:43)

great work pal

thank you sir.

yah im unemployed and im savin my last $70 for GTA V... obviously ha

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (Zulu412 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 04:27)
in the CVG review of game play, they said during the free fall, Alamo see was behind them to the North & that there
I don't believe we've seen the base yet, so there's that entire portion of the west (prob NW) we haven't see.
Unless of course, they where backwards, meaning Alamo sea & what not was south of the city & the base was east of the city.

& they speak of the haze of the city, which we also see a lot of haze in screenshots.
perhaps it's draw distance or R* does it intentionally to restrict what we see in the distance.

a few more tidbits...
the GI review states that when they jump. Alamo sea is to the left & LS is to the right.
off topic:they said they jumped from a plane, where as CVG & PS Mag said they jumped from a helicopter.

Anyways, they too noted there was a military base to the west.

in the Destructoid review they say:
"you'll be exploring very diverse areas such as mountains, rivers, lakes, oceans, military bases, beaches, oceans, farmland, deserts,
dense urban environments, forests, and more."
*dense urban environments (plural), & the throw the & more in there too.

As noted in the Kotaku review:
" Rockstar keeps most of the surprises and many of the features of their sprawling games secret until gamers can discover them
with controller in hand. Until then, as is tradition, Rockstar reveals small portions of their games through trailers and through the
occasional one or two-hour-long demo."

getfranklin
  • getfranklin

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (ChatterBoxFM @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 04:55)

great work pal

thank you sir.

no worries. definitely understandable. if you are right and im wrong ill change my signature to something to that effect

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (Zulu412 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 22:27)
in the CVG review of game play, they said during the free fall, Alamo see was behind them to the North & that there

This is probably the military base...

user posted image

It's located in the west.

KrushLTx10
  • KrushLTx10

Speedy and Slightly Agitated

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE (Zulu412 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 04:27)
@KrushLTx10: in the CVG review of game play, they said during the free fall, Alamo see was behind them to the North & that there

What do you mean backwards? The camera was backwards? And yes I know the military base is to the west, but there is an ever so slight chance a city could be in the Northwest Corner past the Military Base. And if they were backwards that would leave more evidence towards San Diego because the map shape would curve South like in real life and the Salton Sea is a lot closer to San Diego than it is LA. The haze is probably a representation of how smoggy it is in SoCal sometimes or maybe even in the past. I believe that too, and what I'm saying is what we haven't seen is that there probably will be more than we think there is to be shown to us. They did it with Alderney in IV and Mexico in RDR. 3 more months.

And no I'm not expecting a full on San Diego. I'm expecting something like Alderney.

HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST
  • HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST

RETIRED CEO GOLDEN TROPHY HOLDER

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

i think rockstar are hiding smaller citys

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (getfranklin @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 21:18)
QUOTE (ChatterBoxFM @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 04:55)

great work pal

thank you sir.

no worries. definitely understandable. if you are right and im wrong ill change my signature to something to that effect

same icon14.gif

TheFlyingAngel
  • TheFlyingAngel

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

Rockstar R hiding my dick

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (TheFlyingAngel @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 22:39)

that's probably not hard to do.

had to icon14.gif

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (vivalavendredi @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 06:40)
QUOTE (MMG @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 06:39)
LOS SANTOS IS THE ONLY CITY CONFIRMED BY DAN HOUSER

icon14.gif
/thread

no propperties in the game
/thread

HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST
  • HARBUJAHN THE GREATEST

RETIRED CEO GOLDEN TROPHY HOLDER

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (TheFlyingAngel @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 06:39)

how have they got your penis?

PoliceFarm
  • PoliceFarm

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 06:49)
QUOTE (vivalavendredi @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 06:40)
QUOTE (MMG @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 06:39)
LOS SANTOS IS THE ONLY CITY CONFIRMED BY DAN HOUSER

icon14.gif
/thread

no propperties in the game
/thread

Well there is a big difference between modelling some interiors to houses in the game and making you able to buy them, than researching and building a whole other city, injecting missions into it and adding appropriate pedestrians to new areas etc., even if it was smaller than LS, they wouldn't have the time to do that with everything else in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users