Photo

The Multiple TOWNS Argument

3,780 replies to this topic
stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:41 AM Edited by stjimmy3, 26 July 2013 - 04:46 AM.

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 17:39)
QUOTE (kjacked @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:21)
QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:18)
QUOTE (kjacked @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:17)
QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:08)
QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:02)
QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 15:58)
They can't say "the most diverse, dynamic, and biggest game they've created and just have on city and surrounding hills.

Yes they can. It's a diverse city, filled with middle class suburbs, a large downtown, sunsoaked beaches, urban ghettos, and huge harbors, surrounded by desolate deserts, rocky mountains and deep forests. Sounds like the most diverse map they've ever created to me.

Most of those things in the city don't make it seem big. (Beaches, ghettos, downtown, Harbors'which aren't even "huge", suburbs) We've seen most of the mountains, mountains, but where are those "deep" forests you mentioned? Right, cause they haven't shown it yet.

the city alone is bigger than all of gta iv (water included). you thinking its small is purely opinion whereas the fact that there are no other cities in gta v has been backed up by rockstar numerous times.

Not even close to being "bigger" than Liberty City. Rockstar stated that Los Santos is roughly the size of Liberty City.

wrong again. they clearly stated in the q and a that los santos definitely covers more square footage than liberty city. please, i am begging you... for the love of god... can you please research things before you post them as fact? at the very least post a link to provide evidence. no one takes you seriously unless you back up your claims.

*Ahem*

I'm getting sick of your sh*t, kindled seriously. It has been proven numerous times over that LS bigger or at least on par with LC. You used Deffpony's old quote that he has since recanted. You use outdated comparisons. I am way angry right now than I should be, and I apologize to everyone but your ignorance is starting to piss me off.

albinobuffalo96
  • albinobuffalo96

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (stjimmy3 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 04:41)
They can't say "the most diverse, dynamic, and biggest game they've created and just have on city and surrounding hills.

Yes they can. It's a diverse city, filled with middle class suburbs, a large downtown, sunsoaked beaches, urban ghettos, and huge harbors, surrounded by desolate deserts, rocky mountains and deep forests. Sounds like the most diverse map they've ever created to me.

Most of those things in the city don't make it seem big. (Beaches, ghettos, downtown, Harbors'which aren't even "huge", suburbs) We've seen most of the mountains, mountains, but where are those "deep" forests you mentioned? Right, cause they haven't shown it yet.

the city alone is bigger than all of gta iv (water included). you thinking its small is purely opinion whereas the fact that there are no other cities in gta v has been backed up by rockstar numerous times.

Not even close to being "bigger" than Liberty City. Rockstar stated that Los Santos is roughly the size of Liberty City.

wrong again. they clearly stated in the q and a that los santos definitely covers more square footage than liberty city. please, i am begging you... for the love of god... can you please research things before you post them as fact? at the very least post a link to provide evidence. no one takes you seriously unless you back up your claims.

*Ahem*

I'm getting sick of your sh*t, kindled seriously. It has been proven numerous times over that LS bigger or at least on par with LC. You used Deffpony's old quote that he has since recanted. You use outdated comparisons. I am way angry right now than I should be, and I apologize to everyone but your ignorance is starting to piss me off.

When you have aggravated a Canadian, you must have done something seriously wrong. Seriously, go check out the LS size thread.

They've put a ton of effort into it and have pretty much all agreed that LS will be 10-20% bigger than LC.

latigreblue
  • latigreblue

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

spam removed

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

*Ahem*

@kindled: do some reading man or watch the trailer, geez, the game is friggin diverse

@choco: aren't we past this sort of thing

@ kjacked: sorry, i was joking, but apparently reminded choco, my bad

City & surrounding hills! &...several small towns, & military base, & prison, & wind farm, & a SETI knock off, & a giant lake,
& a completly explorable underwater world, & building interiors = diverse
I think the LS size thing compared to LC is because R* said LS proper is smaller then LC (that means just the downtown area)
the rest of the city is sprawling (just like the comparison between the 2 cities real life counterparts) making LS bigger.

Air planes landing? - we've pointed out atleast 3 runways just in this thread alone

Now, if any of the more intelligent posters (& less of the trolls & flamers) would care to discuss what other
towns (cities/low populated areas, what the F ever)...
By all means discuss (Paleto, Bay City?, Sandy Shores, evidence of somewhere else)
We know by R* they are not "cities" if if in real life they be considered to be.
So get the exact terminology out your heads, we should all know what we're talking about.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:01 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 26 July 2013 - 01:07 PM.

*Ahem*

You say it like it makes a difference. It isn't that much bigger, sure, but not by much, I'm trying to say I don't think the map is going to look like it
leaves much space. I'm keeping by my argument, don't care what you say.

EDIT: I just don't get it, why wouldn't you people like other cities, suicidal.gif the hell is wrong with it? I'm not satisfied about the angle of Los Santos, I just think Rockstar haven't shown us a lot of the map.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Zulu412 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 05:19)

You would have to ask kjacked. I was just responding to him. If he asks for it, he gets it.

Air planes landing? - we've pointed out at least 3 runways just in this thread alone

Departing LSX, there isn't a proper destination for large aircraft. Considering San Andreas had 2, that's pathetic. Landing a civilian airplane on a military base doesn't make sense - neither does flying a large plane to a trailer park town.

I expect more from their "largest and most ambitious game".

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 08:01)

*Ahem*

You say it like it makes a difference. It isn't that much bigger, sure, but not by much, I'm trying to say I don't think the map is going to look like it

EDIT: I just don't get it, why wouldn't you people like other cities, suicidal.gif the hell is wrong with it? I'm not satisfied about the angle of Los Santos, I just think Rockstar haven't shown us a lot of the map.

It is not that we don't want other cities, it is that we know there is no LV or SF, and honestly why should there be, adding those in would mean something from the game should be taken out. Also WTF do you mean in your last sentences before your edit, I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

I'm getting sick of constantly getting reports from this topic of everyone belittling each other because they don't like someone's opinion. It stops now.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 12:39)
QUOTE (Zulu412 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 05:19)

You would have to ask kjacked. I was just responding to him. If he asks for it, he gets it.

Air planes landing? - we've pointed out at least 3 runways just in this thread alone

Departing LSX, there isn't a proper destination for large aircraft. Considering San Andreas had 2, that's pathetic. Landing a civilian airplane on a military base doesn't make sense - neither does flying a large plane to a trailer park town.

I expect more from their "largest and most ambitious game".

I agree with anything the taco says. icon14.gif even if I think it is wrong.

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (stjimmy3 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 18:46)
[/QUOTE]

I expect more from their "largest and most ambitious game". [/QUOTE]

Finally, someone that brought up this point via an argument that makes sense.

True, being that it's a military base I assume that would warrant max stars everytime you went near it.
Obviously we can get in there some how though to get the fighter jets.

Small civilian planes, IMO, are deff ok with LS to whatever the other small airport is.
But it's true that it doesn't make much sense to fly the large passenger aircraft to a small town.
That's to say we can fly the large ones, couldn't those pics be from cut screens?

Also, did anyone notice an airstrip in Paleto?

side note: if the lil ladies reporting people can't hack havin their arguments refuted, man up or stay out of the thread
or, do research & learn to argue better.
if kjacked & I can get on the same page, so can the rest of you.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:25 AM Edited by _Kindled_, 27 July 2013 - 02:30 AM.

QUOTE (stjimmy3 @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 18:29)

*Ahem*

It is not that we don't want other cities, it is that we know there is no LV or SF,

And you know that because you've actually played the game right?

krammkracker
  • krammkracker

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:29 AM

There was a time... not too long ago... when this thread was... quite special... now.... this.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (krammkracker @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 21:29)
There was a time... not too long ago... when this thread was... quite special... now.... this.

New members have destroyed this and the Los Santos size topic.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 21:25)

*Ahem*

It is not that we don't want other cities, it is that we know there is no LV or SF,

Listen I have seen you have spent a good amount of time stinking up the mapping LS thread and If you go there right now and look at all the fan maps, there is no LV OR SF! First of all the game is set in a copy of SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, San Francisco: Northern Cal, Las Vegas: Nevada. This isn't the 3d era, hell who knows if LV is even in SA anymore. We have see the north west of the map: Paleto, That means no SF. We have being saying this to you ONE HUNDRED f*ckING TIMEs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:16 AM Edited by _Kindled_, 27 July 2013 - 03:24 AM.

QUOTE (stjimmy3 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 02:58)

*Ahem*

Listen I have seen you have spent a good amount of time stinking up the mapping LS thread and If you go there right now and look at all the fan maps, there is no LV OR SF! First of all the game is set in a copy of SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, San Francisco: Northern Cal, Las Vegas: Nevada. This isn't the 3d era, hell who knows if LV is even in SA anymore. We have see the north west of the map: Paleto, That means no SF. We have being saying this to you ONE HUNDRED f*ckING TIMEs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based off of the "fan made maps, Paleto is only in NW, we haven't seen all to the east. And just remember they said "re-imagined" SoCal, as in ANYTHING THEY WANT TO ADD... Jesus, why do you guys keep missing that? Well, you never said SD wasn't in, it is SoCal after all.

EDIT: What do you mean by "stinking"? confused.gif Why do you guys still insist on making these exceptions, you haven't even played the game, yet. In the GTA universe, San Andreas consists of LS, SF, LV, etc.

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:24 AM Edited by kjacked, 27 July 2013 - 03:29 AM.

guys please, enough with the quote trains and arguing like little kids. find evidence to support your point and make your point.

OT: @zulu, you said we have seen 3 airports in the thread and i thought the same thing but at the moment i can only think of los santos airport and the one by the prison. i understand that there obviously has to be a third airport at the military base but it hasnt been seen yet i dont believe. were you counting this airport or have we seen another?

also, we have seen paleto and sandy shores for sure, maybe even a screen from bay city (although i think in the mapping thread someone proved that the bay city drug store screen was actually taken in paleto). what kind of other towns do you think we will see(farm towns, desert towns, trailer park towns, mountain villages)? also, how many more towns are you guys expecting on top of los santos, paleto, and sandy shores. im thinking there could be 2 or 3 more towns out there. one last question... is anyone expecting a formal town area in grapeseed or do you think itll just be a few farmhouses with some farm land in between?

@kindled, im not trying to be mean but i think by 'stinking' he means the double and triple posts and the copy and pasted work of other posters. just a tip, and you dont have to listen if you dont want, but if you would quit double and triple posting and start posting evidence or links to support your claims you would be taken much more seriously. also, i used to get really pissed when people disagreed with me too but sooner or later you find its best to let other people act childish and just stay on topic. i was guilty of flaming you for a few pages of this thread and i apologize.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:38 AM Edited by _Kindled_, 27 July 2013 - 03:40 AM.

QUOTE (kjacked @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 03:24)
guys please, enough with the quote trains and arguing like little kids. find evidence to support your point and make your point.

OT: @zulu, you said we have seen 3 airports in the thread and i thought the same thing but at the moment i can only think of los santos airport and the one by the prison. i understand that there obviously has to be a third airport at the military base but it hasnt been seen yet i dont believe. were you counting this airport or have we seen another?

also, we have seen paleto and sandy shores for sure, maybe even a screen from bay city (although i think in the mapping thread someone proved that the bay city drug store screen was actually taken in paleto). what kind of other towns do you think we will see(farm towns, desert towns, trailer park towns, mountain villages)? also, how many more towns are you guys expecting on top of los santos, paleto, and sandy shores. im thinking there could be 2 or 3 more towns out there. one last question... is anyone expecting a formal town area in grapeseed or do you think itll just be a few farmhouses with some farm land in between?

@kindled, im not trying to be mean but i think by 'stinking' he means the double and triple posts and the copy and pasted work of other posters. just a tip, and you dont have to listen if you dont want, but if you would quit double and triple posting and start posting evidence or links to support your claims you would be taken much more seriously. also, i used to get really pissed when people disagreed with me too but sooner or later you find its best to let other people act childish and just stay on topic. i was guilty of flaming you for a few pages of this thread and i apologize.

Okay... This is the only evidence I have as of right now.
user posted image
If those aren't buildings then what are they? Imaginary? And there's only one city that could be in the middle of the desert like that

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 03:38)

user posted image
If those aren't buildings then what are they? Imaginary? And there's only one city that could be in the middle of the desert like that

There's still the lamplight district sign, have no idea what that's all about.

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:49 AM Edited by kjacked, 27 July 2013 - 03:51 AM.

@kindled, see... already you are sparking intelligent discussion. icon14.gif i agree that those are buildings or structures of some sort. i dont believe they are as far away from the foreground of the picture as you think. that could be a two or three story building or a cluster of billboards or a sign. then again i could be wrong but i have to strongly believe that its not another city because rockstar has told us probably 10x now that los santos is the only city. also, you made the comment about how there could only be one city in the desert like that (eluding to las venturas i assume). thats a very uneducated statement to make. las vegas is obviously not the only desert city in the united states and as i already stated it could be something as short as a two or three story building. i live in a small midwest town (population 6900) and we have a 5 or 6 story building on the town square and our courthouse is 3 stories. this leads me to believe it could be part of a small desert town or settlement we havent seen yet.

EDIT: upon further inspection it appears to be an entrance to a building or business (maybe a bank) that is right across the street. just a weird angle and since the pic is cut off it leaves room for the imagination to run wild.

PensFan
  • PensFan

Soon to be your step dad

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (kjacked @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 03:49)
@kindled, see... already you are sparking intelligent discussion. icon14.gif   i agree that those are buildings or structures of some sort. i dont believe they are as far away from the foreground of the picture as you think. that could be a two or three story building or a cluster of billboards or a sign. then again i could be wrong but i have to strongly believe that its not another city because rockstar has told us probably 10x now that los santos is the only city. also, you made the comment about how there could only be one city in the desert like that (eluding to las venturas i assume). thats a very uneducated statement to make. las vegas is obviously not the only desert  city in the united states and as i already stated it could be something as short as a two or three story building. i live in a small midwest town (population 6900) and we have a 5 or 6 story building on the town square and our courthouse is 3 stories. this leads me to believe it could be part of a small desert town or settlement we havent seen yet.

EDIT: upon further inspection it appears to be an entrance to a building or business (maybe a bank) that is right across the street. just a weird angle and since the pic is cut off it leaves room for the imagination to run wild.

perfect statement.
Kindled...I appreciate your trying, I do. just think it out more. maybe you'll get it, try booze Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

@kjacked, 3 landing strips: 1)LS 2)this one:
user posted image

side note: those aren't silos, & don't really look like buildings from LS, location wise if it was LS would put it the
SE of the map, where the oil field is, maybe?

3) the military base: I don't have a screen for this, but it's been posted multiple times, Im just not looking right now.
4) the one you say by the prison, unless the pic I gave is that, though I don't think anyone has definitively zeroed in on its location.

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (PensFan @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 05:23)
@kindled, see... already you are sparking intelligent discussion. icon14.gif   i agree that those are buildings or structures of some sort. i dont believe they are as far away from the foreground of the picture as you think. that could be a two or three story building or a cluster of billboards or a sign. then again i could be wrong but i have to strongly believe that its not another city because rockstar has told us probably 10x now that los santos is the only city. also, you made the comment about how there could only be one city in the desert like that (eluding to las venturas i assume). thats a very uneducated statement to make. las vegas is obviously not the only desert  city in the united states and as i already stated it could be something as short as a two or three story building. i live in a small midwest town (population 6900) and we have a 5 or 6 story building on the town square and our courthouse is 3 stories. this leads me to believe it could be part of a small desert town or settlement we havent seen yet.

perfect statement.
Kindled...I appreciate your trying, I do. just think it out more. maybe you'll get it, try booze Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

user posted image

side note: those aren't silos, & don't really look like buildings from LS, location wise if it was LS would put it the

3) the military base: I don't have a screen for this, but it's been posted multiple times, Im just not looking right now.
4) the one you say by the prison, unless the pic I gave is that, though I don't think anyone has definitively zeroed in on its location.

totally forgot about this screen!! thanks for posting that. the gameplay tower showed the prison and a runway across the street. this could be a screenshot of that runway but its very hard to say. if thats the case those could be prison towers i guess. thats what the object on the far left appears to be

RetroMutt
  • RetroMutt

Coyote

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

Ya know, just because rockstar says there will only be one city... Doesn't mean it will be empty wilderness outside of Los Santos

It's alright been pretty much proven that there are two smaller towns outside of Los Santos. One is Sandy Shores and the other is a smaller town you see the guy parachuting down to in the gameplay trailer. Not to mention the various of other locations included a military base, farming land, tourist traps... For all we know, those buildings you see in that plane picture and car one above me could very well be a town we already know about.

One thing I don't see, is another major city. Because I don't know where they would put it considering the fact the map is pretty damn full already. It's not that most people don't want another city, it's the fact that rockstar said there wouldn't be. I'm sure most are fine with that because it is EXTREMELY obvious Rockstar filled the country side with things to do and places to go.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

The only reason I want another city is because I feel that one city would get stale quicker than two. Los Santos will be vibrant, diverse, rich in detail, grim, bright, you name it, it will most likely have it (in a descriptive point of view and perhaps physically). It will last a long long time but just imagine having 2 of these awesomely rich (not wealth) urban environments to play around with. It would not get stale as quick. Yes I know we're getting towns/villages but as soon as we get a mission that involves going to 'the city' we konw it'll be the same one again, again and again. Whenever we go to 'the city' it'll be the same one. If there were two... well, you get the point. This game will rock anyways, I just think more than one city would make sense as this is R*s' biggest best game ever. Its got more cars, more guns, more peds, more activities, more side missions, more things to do and explore, more clothes, more customization options, more additions, more more more more more ... but LESS cities... that just feels odd/strange/weird.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 03:38)

user posted image

They kinda look more like rock formations than buildings to be honest.

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (PensFan @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 05:23)

perfect statement.

user posted image

that's a bingo! (inglorious bastards reference)
If that is indeed LS on the left, then this has to be in the SE right?
but I do not see any landing strips in this part of the map
user posted image

here's a far out theory, in the SE part of map it isn't filled out, could the body of water directly east be surrounded by
land rather than that just being the coast & ocean?

ill-thoughts
  • ill-thoughts

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

i thought Catalina Island was confirmed for somewhere South West of Los Santos......as far as the northern cities, still hopeing for Lancaster/Palmdale and an Air Force Base.

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

some forum members are gonna kill me for this tounge.gif but I think that if the cities are not in this GTA, they will be in the Next.

I personally think that GTA VI will feature multiple islands to travel to with passenger planes and boats. These islands will feature Liberty City, San Fierro, Las Venturas, Los Santos (and blaine county) and Vice city. Possibly it will also feature multiple other cities (gta versions of Chicago and Miami).

This is what I think, in Next Gen is everything possible, and it is an logical next step to create a new GTA, which features everything the players want. A big game, All cities they have been to, a lot of dynamic quests and heists in every city and a big open world with a lot of diversity. Also there will be #1: finally a use for passenger planes. #2: big ships will be usable. #3: the diversity of flora and fauna.

It would make the game almost infinitely playable, especially if they create city/island DLC.
Online it would be all about creating havoc, making money and it will be more like a online multiplayer role playing game. (32 to 64 players, so no MMO).

this is my opinion, and R* knows that this is a logical step, so I don't worry. If the cities aren't in this game, they will be in the near future in the next.
It is only a month and a half and then the game is in our hands! biggrin.gif so Relax and play! biggrin.gif the game will be epic nonetheless.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (ivarblaauw @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 20:23)
some forum members are gonna kill me for this tounge.gif but I think that if the cities are not in this GTA, they will be in the Next.

I personally think that GTA VI will feature multiple islands to travel to with passenger planes and boats. These islands will feature Liberty City, San Fierro, Las Venturas, Los Santos (and blaine county) and Vice city. Possibly it will also feature multiple other cities (gta versions of Chicago and Miami).

This is what I think, in Next Gen is everything possible, and it is an logical next step to create a new GTA, which features everything the players want. A big game, All cities they have been to, a lot of dynamic quests and heists in every city and a big open world with a lot of diversity. Also there will be #1: finally a use for passenger planes. #2: big ships will be usable. #3: the diversity of flora and fauna.

It would make the game almost infinitely playable, especially if they create city/island DLC.
Online it would be all about creating havoc, making money and it will be more like a online multiplayer role playing game. (32 to 64 players, so no MMO).

this is my opinion, and R* knows that this is a logical step, so I don't worry. If the cities aren't in this game, they will be in the near future in the next.
It is only a month and a half and then the game is in our hands! biggrin.gif so Relax and play! biggrin.gif the game will be epic nonetheless.

They did say that was their own dream, all 5 cities in one GTA. And it's not impossible to make that same thing on current gen. Technically it is possible, the problem is making that amount of content. One city as big as HD LC or LS takes long enough, now imagine five of those, with landscape in between, story that makes sense and spans multiple cities, different peds for every city, a lot of them would need to look unique, voices for all those peds.. then radio.. that would take a huge amount of resources and time to make.

My hope is that they'll reuse much of current assets when making next GTA's. So for example they decide to set VI in Vice City and Liberty City and they just use the current LC (if engine would allow it) and update it a bit, and cut all that work to half.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:25 AM Edited by stjimmy3, 28 July 2013 - 03:34 AM.

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 22:16)
QUOTE (stjimmy3 @ Saturday, Jul 27 2013, 02:58)

*Ahem*

Based off of the "fan made maps, Paleto is only in NW, we haven't seen all to the east. And just remember they said "re-imagined" SoCal, as in ANYTHING THEY WANT TO ADD... Jesus, why do you guys keep missing that? Well, you never said SD wasn't in, it is SoCal after all.

EDIT: What do you mean by "stinking"? confused.gif Why do you guys still insist on making these exceptions, you haven't even played the game, yet. In the GTA universe, San Andreas consists of LS, SF, LV, etc.

First of different universe, secondly SF is north east of LA so we can rule that out. They mean SO-CAL, as in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA! It resembles SO-CAL, not all of CALIFORNIA. SD is south of LA and if you have seen the map LS is the most southern part of the map. Tell me do you see any where that a giant bay like SF bay could be, do you see the deserts of Nevada? We are not making conclusions blindly, there is proof, you cannot hide a city like LS away from us, you can't. Why would they waste there time doing two or three mediocre cities when the can do one bigger and properly. I don't disagree with smaller cities like paleto and bay city but LV and SF? COME ON! PLEEEEEASE show me your proof that there is LV and Sf... show me..........SHOW ME! THAT THERE IS SF OR LV, show me show me show me please, because I would love to know.

rob243
  • rob243

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:27 AM

i got a question let say even if your theory is right why would rockstar not show any other cities in their trailers , screens , gameplay . And plus around 100 gaming magazines have made previews . Why have no of them seen or heard anything about them . Your clues are good mate but unfortunatley that just rockstar . the only thing i could possiblything that could possibly probe this theory is the fact that alderney city in gta 4 was never shown or mentioned in trailers or screens and we only new about it after the game came out .

Saying L.s and sf are in gta 5 is like saying that god created the universe . Both bullsh*t theories

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users