Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Multiple TOWNS Argument

3,780 replies to this topic
_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (kjacked @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:10)
@kindled... do you have ADHD? that whole post was a bunch of half finished thoughts and sentences that made no sense whatsoever. not to mention the fact that you provided a direct quote from rockstar saying there will be no other cities in gta v. in fact, thats the only part of the post that made any sense at all. thank you for proving my point.

i see you learned how to use the edit function! icon14.gif icon14.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif yaaaaaaaaay kindled! this must feel like the day you learned to poop in the potty and not in your pants (if that day hasnt come yet then my sincere apologies). yes l.a. is the biggest city in california. thank you captain obvious. your point?

You must feel so good bashing people and saying the same thing over and over again.

FYI, I've used the edit function before. suicidal.gif

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

so if you knew how to use the edit function why on earth did you double post on the last two pages of this thread? not to mention the frequent double posting you do in the mapping thread? and yes you actually do make me feel a lot better about myself

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (kjacked @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:21)
so if you knew how to use the edit function why on earth did you double post on the last two pages of this thread? not to mention the frequent double posting you do in the mapping thread? and yes you actually do make me feel a lot better about myself

You must not have been liked in High School... considering how obnoxious you are. moto_whistle.gif

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (mikekolesar @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 20:27)
QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 20:06)
QUOTE (mikekolesar @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 20:02)
It's a shame this topic exists and is one of the more popular ones on the forums. It seriously reflects the unfortunately large amount of children active on the forum and their blatant ignorance.

Oh, so we're ignorant children for speculating? Says the people who bash other people for there speculations.

If you don't understand the core basics of business and marketing enough to realize how important it would be for Rockstar to advertise "more than one city" then I would call you an ignorant child, yes.

Anyone who seriously believes there is more than one major city, or that Rockstar is keeping features of their game a secret for absolutely no reason are both in denial and are just plain stupid.

Rockstar is not making GTA V just for the hell of it. This is a business. They are trying to make money. They are not trying to play a game with their consumers by surprising them with major content, but instead they are trying to make money, and to make money they are going to tell consumers about their product and what they can expect out of their product.

This concept could even go beyond the video games industry. Let me try to simplify it to a level maybe you could comprehend.
Chevrolet is coming out with a next-generation Camaro with a plethora of new groundbreaking features never before seen in the car industry. They make an advertisement to be shown off during the Super Bowl. Are they going to leave out mentioning some of the biggest features just to surprise Chevrolet enthusiasts when they go to a local dealership and test drive it, or are they going to mention those huge features during the advertisement?

btw cool it with the flame and the triple-posts, champ. you should probably step outside and unrustle those jimmies before you get hurt l0000l

just because I hate when people who aren't experts try to be:
1st of all, if you understood the core basics of business & marketing you wouldn't even begin to compare cars with video games.

Fisha695   
Posted: Tuesday, Jul 23 2013, 09:19

Quote Post

Fun Fact: I work for a video game development company (ok, volunteer unpaid moderator on their offical forums but still it's "work")
and there is this fancy little thing called a Secret. I've (and everybody else who works in any kind of PR position for any gaming company)
had to flat-out lie to people (consumers/customers) many times telling them "No that game doesn't exist" or "No you can't do that or this in the game" or
"No that feature isn't in the game" when I damn well knew that said game did exist, you could do that & this and those features really were in the game,
however I (nor others that knew) were allowed to tell anybody until they were Officially announced/revealed. That's just how the industry works.

The people (probaly poorly paid if paid at all) who do the replies to the R* emails & other social networking things basically have a giant notepad file that
contains generic answers pretty much every possible question related to the game & those are the only answers they can give on those subjects especially
in they related to unannounced content. Those people could know every single detail about 10 cities in the game & have been playing them for months yet
they can't say a damn thing other then that generic canned answer when asked about it no-matter how much they know that generic answer is wrong and/or misleading.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying "OMG that's 110% the case here", I'm just saying that people that ignore how the industry works are just making themselves look ignorant.

Darth Mike 
As I worked for a videogames site, known and talked with PRs and developers, I can confirm.
I also think that any user may understand it on its own if he has a bit of experience on videogames world.
The case of Metal Gear Solid 2 is the most relevant, official information was a thing, real game another

And finally, again if you knew the least little bit of business & marketing, surely, you would have heard of "2nd day sales".
Also something that applies to games & not vehicles
Fisha695   
Posted: Monday, Jul 15 2013, 22:43

Quote Post 

QUOTE (Apex. @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 14:02)

There is a term in the industry called "2nd day sales" (though it really should be 2nd week sales or something like that) and it basically means
people who didn't buy the game on release but when they found out via word of mouth (friends, forums, renting, youtube, etc)
that there was more content in the game then advertised they then go out and actually buy the game (hence not on the "release day" but on the "2nd day").
A hidden city would fit into that kind of thing, especially if it would be a city like Vegas that's "not just another city".

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:33 PM Edited by kjacked, 25 July 2013 - 09:35 PM.

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:25)
QUOTE (kjacked @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:21)

You must not have been liked in High School... considering how obnoxious you are. moto_whistle.gif

actually i was all state in track in 3 events 2 years in a row, i was all south in basketball 2 years in a row, and i f*cked the best looking girl in my class... a lot. i also have our highschool bench press record. not that any of that sh*t matters anymore. highschool is highschool. i do find it funny that your ability to read people is as sh*tty as your ability to prove other cities exist in gta v though icon14.gif

@zulu or anyone other than kindled... can we get back on topic? does anyone know what town the strip mall area from the gameplay trailer was in? sandy shores or an unidentified town?

Lospuertafreeway
  • Lospuertafreeway

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

All of this is just speculation no one knows until the game comes out and it doesn't matter what rockstar said we will have to see for ourselves

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (kjacked @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:33)

@zulu or anyone other than kindled... can we get back on topic? does anyone know what town the strip mall area from the gameplay trailer was in? sandy shores or an unidentified town?

How is that on topic. If you want to find out what that place was, I suggest the mapping thread.

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Lospuertafreeway @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:37)
All of this is just speculation no one knows until the game comes out and it doesn't matter what rockstar said we will have to see for ourselves

id have to strongly disagree with you. someone posts on here at least once a week another mouthoff response from rockstar directly confirming no other cities. there are no other cities. thats a fact. saying there is other cities is like saying "there will be 6 protags instead of 3 because rockstar could be holding back more protags because after all they lied about properties" suicidal.gif

@kindled, i see you still are having trouble reading. refer to the numerous posts by zulu (the o.p.) where he talks about switching the focus of this thread to towns and villages because there are no other cities.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (kjacked @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:43)

id have to strongly disagree with you. someone posts on here at least once a week another mouthoff response from rockstar directly confirming no other cities. there are no other cities. thats a fact. saying there is other cities is like saying "there will be 6 protags instead of 3 because rockstar could be holding back more protags because after all they lied about properties" suicidal.gif

Trust me, you might want to give this one up. Some people will just never accept the facts so unless you actually enjoy trying to reach them then you better give up. You'll never reach them. They will deny every fact forever, probably even the in-game map. They seem like those people who seriously believe there is bigfoot in SA. They'll search every inch of the map to find the other city.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

@kindled, i see you still are having trouble reading. refer to the numerous posts by zulu (the o.p.) where he talks about switching the focus of this thread to towns and villages because there are no other cities.

Well, he shouldve named the topic "The Towns and Villages Thread" suicidal.gif

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:47 PM Edited by Zulu412, 25 July 2013 - 09:52 PM.

kjacked, don't make me bust out a severely photo shopped (in an unflattering way) version of the pic from way back, buddy

OT about strip mall: I was thinking down the highway in this pic, like lower right side? it didn't look like it was really in the center of a town
(it's hard to tell) Can some one put a screen shot of it up? my laptop aint grabbin it
user posted image

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

also, are those building on the other side of the lake (between the planes wheels)?

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:00 PM Edited by kjacked, 25 July 2013 - 10:02 PM.

QUOTE (Zulu412 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:47)

kjacked, don't make me bust out a severely photo shopped (in an unflattering way) version of the pic from way back, buddy

OT about strip mall: I was thinking down the highway in this pic, it didn't look like it was really in the center of a town
(it's hard to tell) Can some one put a screen shot of it up? I would but I always F em up.
user posted image

lol like you said its photoshopped. put the real one up if you want. i definitely wasnt the last kid picked in p.e.

i can see that footage being taken in sandy shores. i didnt realize how many blocks and buildings sandy shores had. i knew it was good size but the more i see that screeshot the bigger it looks. also, i never noticed the buildings between the wheels.

@kindled, can you really not read? he said a page or two back he cant change the name of the thread so he will refer to the towns as small cities.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 15:58)
They can't say "the most diverse, dynamic, and biggest game they've created and just have on city and surrounding hills.

Yes they can. It's a diverse city, filled with middle class suburbs, a large downtown, sunsoaked beaches, urban ghettos, and huge harbors, surrounded by desolate deserts, rocky mountains and deep forests. Sounds like the most diverse map they've ever created to me.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:02)
They can't say "the most diverse, dynamic, and biggest game they've created and just have on city and surrounding hills.

Yes they can. It's a diverse city, filled with middle class suburbs, a large downtown, sunsoaked beaches, urban ghettos, and huge harbors, surrounded by desolate deserts, rocky mountains and deep forests. Sounds like the most diverse map they've ever created to me.

Most of those things in the city don't make it seem big. (Beaches, ghettos, downtown, Harbors'which aren't even "huge", suburbs) We've seen most of the mountains, mountains, but where are those "deep" forests you mentioned? Right, cause they haven't shown it yet.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

Would renaming this topic really sort it out? I'm very fed up of receiving reports about flaming in this topic. As much as you disagree with an idea or think it's the most stupidest thing you've heard all day, resorting to flaming to back yourself up gets you (aimed at everyone) no where. Please, for the love of GTA V, be constructive in trying to convince people about other cities.

icon14.gif
  • Tyler likes this

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:08)

Most of those things in the city don't make it seem big. (Beaches, ghettos, downtown, Harbors'which aren't even "huge", suburbs) We've seen most of the mountains, mountains, but where are those "deep" forests you mentioned? Right, cause they haven't shown it yet.

the city alone is bigger than all of gta iv (water included). you thinking its small is purely opinion whereas the fact that there are no other cities in gta v has been backed up by rockstar numerous times.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (kjacked @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:17)

the city alone is bigger than all of gta iv (water included). you thinking its small is purely opinion whereas the fact that there are no other cities in gta v has been backed up by rockstar numerous times.

Not even close to being "bigger" than Liberty City. Rockstar stated that Los Santos is roughly the size of Liberty City.

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:18)

Not even close to being "bigger" than Liberty City. Rockstar stated that Los Santos is roughly the size of Liberty City.

wrong again. they clearly stated in the q and a that los santos definitely covers more square footage than liberty city. please, i am begging you... for the love of god... can you please research things before you post them as fact? at the very least post a link to provide evidence. no one takes you seriously unless you back up your claims.

Lospuertafreeway
  • Lospuertafreeway

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:47)

Trust me, you might want to give this one up. Some people will just never accept the facts so unless you actually enjoy trying to reach them then you better give up. You'll never reach them. They will deny every fact forever, probably even the in-game map. They seem like those people who seriously believe there is bigfoot in SA. They'll search every inch of the map to find the other city.

What is the purpose of a jumbo jet if you can't take it out of los santos? Are we just going to fly circles in a huge airplane?

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (Lospuertafreeway @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:27)
QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 21:47)

What is the purpose of a jumbo jet if you can't take it out of los santos? Are we just going to fly circles in a huge airplane?

we had jets in san andreas didnt we? this map dwarfs san andreas, and im not sure ive ever landed a plane at an airport in a gta game. regardless, we have already seen 2 or 3 airports and you know the military base will have one as well not to mention the parts of the map we havent seen yet.

KingJames37
  • KingJames37

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (kjacked @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:21)

wrong again. they clearly stated in the q and a that los santos definitely covers more square footage than liberty city. please, i am begging you... for the love of god... can you please research things before you post them as fact? at the very least post a link to provide evidence. no one takes you seriously unless you back up your claims.

And where in the A&A did they say that?

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (KingJames37 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:34)

GTA V Game Informer Q and A

"From what you saw, did Los Santos, the city itself (not including mountains/countryside/etc.) appear bigger than GTA IV’s Liberty City?"

"Los Santos definitely covers more square footage, just as the sprawling Los Angeles metro area does compared to New York City. But just like the real cities, if you’re wondering about the density of the downtown area, Los Santos proper is smaller than Liberty City."

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:39 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 25 July 2013 - 10:44 PM.

*Ahem*
user posted image

Quote from Deffpony from the Los Santos Size thread.

"@Lex: Yes, like I said, I know V is much bigger than SA. But from whatwe have seen, it doesnt feel bigger than SA. And here is why (IMO)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Yes, all these locations are smaller, but the diversity realy gave such a sense of scale to the game.

In short I guess what I am saying is that, my initial fears about a single city San Andreas seem to be coming true. I think only having one city(as massive as it might be) might be the reason why, for me at least, the map doesnt seem as big as they are claiming. Multiple cities is a great way to make wilderness, lakes, deserts, and forrests feel more necessary. Now we have a city on one side of the map, and country side on the other side.

This isnt me bitching, just exploring possible reason as to why Im not blown away by the map. Please take this with a grain of salt."

EDIT:
Choco Taco
My main concern is that although it's bigger than SA, it might feel smaller. In SA, you could get the feeling that you were out in the middle of nowhere far away from the city. At this point, GTA V is sort of looking like Los Santos with a backyard to me. You'll probably be able to see the city from any point on the map. I'm hoping there's something more. The picture below is pretty disappointing...
http://i.imgur.com/z7ZuqXg.jpg

More SA scenes - http://i.imgur.com/Q0H7S.jpg

StingrayX
Wow! And we all know what is behind that mountain, some small town and the ocean. The map doesn't seem as big as Rockstar boasted. That's really disappointing. I wonder what the eastern side of the map will contain though? And is there much south of Los Santos? If not, then wow...

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:41 PM Edited by PHOENIXZERO, 25 July 2013 - 10:43 PM.

EDIT: Oh for f*cks sake! Now you're picking and choosing and using OLD quotes and map image that is out of date to try and make a point.

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 18:18)

Everyone on this board by now should know that current scaling are putting the land area of LS at greater than Liberty City's. When Rockstar said that LS was about the size of LC they were including the water in between the islands which completely is in line with the estimates now. V's Los Santos basically SA's LS, SF and LV combined in terms of size (if not larger) and much, much more detailed. Rockstar can't do one huge city with that level of detail and then do another all while having a ton of stuff in between. The amount of resources required for that is far too high, a second major city is simply not needed and they sure as hell aren't going to relegate another major city as DLC. That's way too big a project and Dan Houser said ages ago they weren't going to do big DLC like the episodes for IV again and suggesting an entirely new city? That's ridiculous. We'll probably get a $10 Undead Nightmare like addition or two but that's about it in terms of major DLC. It's mostly going to be MP stuff and other little things.

Either way, even if there was another major city (which there won't be) there's zero chance of San Fierro, this version is a satire/re-imagining of SOUTHERN California and San Francisco is not in Southern California. It's Los Santos and some towns and clearly at least one or two that are actually good size and much larger than the things we got in GTA:SA.

Lospuertafreeway
  • Lospuertafreeway

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:41 PM Edited by Lospuertafreeway, 25 July 2013 - 11:04 PM.

QUOTE (KingJames37 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:34)

Tbh I believe it is all of southern California as they stated southern california reimagined also when they say no other cities they are referring to las venturas and san fierro. It's reimagend they can have any town in the world and put it on the map and call it whatever they choose without it being a city.
I believe they will have this historic neighborhood in San DIego that was the first europeon settlement in all of California.
http://en.m.wikipedi...Town,_San_Diego

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

@kindled, choco was horribly wrong in his size estimation of los santos. ive posted some of his comparisons in the los santos size thread. they are good for a laugh if you ever need one. also, posting what some trolls said as sources isnt that wise either.

Swaggbro
  • Swaggbro

Im Just a Gamer.. patiently waiting for GTA V

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

"Los Santos with a Backyard".

LOL wow.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:27 AM

spam removed