Photo

The Multiple TOWNS Argument

3,780 replies to this topic
krammkracker
  • krammkracker

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

I think its incredibley possible. And to those saying that R* already said there wasn't... have you ever kept a secret to surprise someone? Would be pretty silly to spoil the surprise if thats what your intent was.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

Everyone's setting themselves up for a real disappointment come release...

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 00:32)

Or maybe you are gonna be very surpriced on the release.

Kinkade
  • Kinkade

Walk softly...

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:22 AM

My hope is that the most ambitious game to date will improve those tiny crossroads they called towns in SA. Having a few small communities spread across the map, say the size of Broker, with an some airstrips spread across the countryside would break up the countryside while giving us some sort of destination to travel to. I don't mind having a few small towns the size of Angel Pines spread out in the boonies to round things out, but having these count as towns again would be just sad. A courthouse, police station, and 15 houses just isn't good enough to call a town any more.

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

I don't really think there'll be any other big cities but here are some possible arguments (with a pessimistic rebut).

1. The mountain scene in trailer 1 appears to be in the Sierra Nevada, the trees appear to be incense cedars which also extend pretty far north through California but they also extend close to LA.

2. I believe the lighthouse is based on the Pigeon Point Lighthouse which is closer to San Francisco than LA (I've looked at a lot of California ones this is the closest match IMO). The lighthouse might just be made up though.

3. The Salton Sea (AKA Alamo Sea) is Closer to San Diego than LA, though the location of the Sea is warped in GTA.

4. The appearance of saguaro cactuses, which are way more common in Arizona than California. They probably just wanted the desert to look stereotypical though since they appear to be in some areas known to be based on California.

5. The vineyards might be based on ones from northern California although there are also ones in southern California.

I don't think these are too far out but it has to be assumed that these geography clues are tied to larger cites rather than small towns or wilderness which makes things a bit more bizzare

Oh and there's that desert airport scene with the silos/skyscapers.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

People like to say Dan Houser said 'Los Santos only' but he didn't. When asked about other cities he said 'I've got to be really careful here because otherwise they will drag me through the office. It's Los Santos, and a really big map'. That's pretty vague and totally leaves a lot of possibilities open.

Also the press release states GTAV heads back to the city of Los Santos in a reimagined Southern California. Reimagined throws out anyone yelling, 'Its SoCal so it has to be other SoCal towns if anything'.

No it doesn't. Reimagined means they can do whatever they f*cking want to, that's what it means.

All of this doesn't change the fact that I'm beyond happy with everything we know we're getting, so if we get just that it's fine by me. If we get more than what we expect, how cool would that be?! biggrin.gif

getfranklin
  • getfranklin

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:29 AM

its just los santos people... they already told us this suicidal.gif

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

Soon after V was announced, there was a general comcensus that LS would be the only city. Now it's the same for multiple cities :S

latigreblue
  • latigreblue

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

I haven't really read through this thread but later I will but I really want to know something. Like the OP said, we're all aware of article with DH that said there would be only one city. Cool, but I would like another one.

I find it so interesting that you can start petitions to thank Rockstar for 'listening to the fans' over the buying property issue when you basically said the same things that you are saying now. Yeah, I did notice that many of you are now claiming that Rockstar never said that there wasn't buying property in the first place - nice one.

You don't seem to care if there's another city or not so if I say I want it, how does that really affect you? If it's there, I'll be happy and if they didn't put the city in, I'll be a bit disappointed but either way, I'll deal with it.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

The only thing that leads me to think there might be another major city is that runway scene with Trevor in Trailer #2.

Anyone remembers those skyscrapers to the left top?

Agent Lynx
  • Agent Lynx

Soon, Very Soon...

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

I think there wouldn't be more than Los Santos and Blaine County.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (MMG @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 06:39)
LOS SANTOS IS THE ONLY CITY CONFIRMED BY DAN HOUSER

NO PROPERTIES OR PLAYER LEVELING, CONFIRMED BY DAN HOUSER
Oh wait.

jolzew1
  • jolzew1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 09:35)

Oh wait.

LOLOLOL ...exactly... R* has thrown out curveballs and outright lies to keep this thing as under wraps as they choose... there is no definitive proof of anything, but being that this is their most ambitious game to date I have no doubt there are many, many surprises waiting us...

Soulwalrus
  • Soulwalrus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Man balls to another city what about space? If we can go to the very depths of the deep sea why can't there be something as ludicrous as a base on the moon? far fetched I know but if its not another city they've got to be keeping something pretty special/unexpected from us...

Vin89
  • Vin89

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

Why in the name of god should they hide something THIS BIG? Something MANY people would consider a if not THE reason to buy a GTA title? Guys like you always forget to think about marketing and the fact that not every person on earth is a die hard gta fan.
So some guys might think "San Andreas without SF and LV? Meh, maybe I'll get a used copy or something. Maybe not."

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:24 PM Edited by Staten, 11 June 2013 - 03:36 PM.

QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 01:32)

Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about it. Ever since they put properties back into the game, people who want there to be another city can use that as evidence that Rockstar can change their mind. The worst thing is that if they're wrong, and LS is the only major city, they'll flood the forum with their tears, and blame R*.

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

LS+Blaine County is what we have though. We will have small towns though( maybe a big town which is considered a small city) but that's all.

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (jolzew1 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 14:42)
QUOTE (kesta195 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 09:35)

Oh wait.

LOLOLOL ...exactly... R* has thrown out curveballs and outright lies to keep this thing as under wraps as they choose... there is no definitive proof of anything, but being that this is their most ambitious game to date I have no doubt there are many, many surprises waiting us...

They weren't lies , they just added them later. I wouldn't expect you with the lack of braincells to comprehend this but that's the truth .

BattleExel
  • BattleExel

New account: Valwin

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (vivalavendredi @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 06:40)

icon14.gif
/thread

Didn't Dan also said that the game doesn't feature the abillity to buy properties and customize our cars/player?
Yeah, he said that and now look, what do we have right now? Oh yes, being able to buy property and customize our cars/player.

OP: Your statements about Los Puerta were very interesting.

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:28 PM Edited by Zulu412, 11 June 2013 - 09:39 PM.

I doubt that.
Especially since this is just a speculative time killer.
As stated in the OP, it's just here to debate & throw out some interesting "what if's"
I can't speak for everyone, but I for one will not be dissapointed in 1 city, I will
however be thrilled for multiple cities.

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

Hey maybe if we can get this to 200 pages like that Police Car thread..... l0l

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Fisha695 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 15:06)

Looks unlikely now.

BattleExel
  • BattleExel

New account: Valwin

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Fisha695 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 19:06)

Or like the realistic steak topic.

I really loved that one... sad.gif

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Zulu412 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 13:28)

I doubt that.
Especially since this is just a speculative time killer.
As stated in the OP, it's just here to debate & throw out some interesting "what if's"
I can't speak for everyone, but for on will not be dissapointed in 1 city, I will
however be thrilled for multiple cities.

Pretty much sums up my view as well. Most of us who want multiple cities already dealt with that disappointed of LS being only 2 years ago. Now's the time for speculation and acknowledgement of the unknown until more info comes.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

If they're not hiding anything, we've seen aerial views of pretty much the entire map. Why would they reveal so much if that's all there is? They've never shown that much of their maps this soon. The 2 pictures below show just about the whole thing as we know it.

user posted image

Where are we going to land this thing?

user posted image

Takeoff from Los Santos, fly around the lake, and go back to Los Santos airport?

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

Small city with airport on the other side of the Alamo Mountains?
QUOTE (The_Majestic @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 18:12)
QUOTE (GTAV92 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 18:00)
This is Mount Chiliad -

user posted image

I think you nailed it.

In my opinion the hikers are standing (around) where I placed the red dot in this picture...

user posted image

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (AceHigh11 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:14)
Small city with airport on the other side of the Alamo Mountains?
[QUOTE=The_Majestic,Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 18:12][QUOTE=GTAV92,Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 18:00] This is Mount Chiliad -

I think you nailed it.

In my opinion the hikers are standing (around) where I placed the red dot in this picture...

user posted image[/QUOTE]

I think there's a great possability that there's a lot on the other side of the mountain.
I'd guess another city north of the mountains before anything to the south.

& Choco has a point, where ya gonna land that plane, not really a tiny airstrip sorta plane.

getfranklin
  • getfranklin

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 19:17)
If they're not hiding anything, we've seen aerial views of pretty much the entire map. Why would they reveal so much if that's all there is? They've never shown that much of their maps this soon. The 2 pictures below show just about the whole thing as we know it.

user posted image

Where are we going to land this thing?

user posted image

Takeoff from Los Santos, fly around the lake, and go back to Los Santos airport?

lol you are saying these two pictures represent the whole map? suicidal.gif

OliRow
  • OliRow

Eater of Worlds

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

I'm starting to think there's more to the game they're showing us, they've shown much more than they have for other GTA games, seems like a little too much for them. I would love for their to be another City, but if there isn't, I've got faith that Rockstar did enough with Los Santos and the surrounding area's to make the game amazing.

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

God damn. Now I'm interested. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users