The Multiple TOWNS Argument

3,780 replies to this topic
sesamtamam
  • sesamtamam

Cu*t

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (kb2084 @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 08:57)
Quick mod of OP original map.... move the city down. and that gives half the map to something else. can't all be country. where i put the round circle is where i think there's another city/large town.

probability of there being something up there is quite high.

user posted image

It cant be there, take a look at the mapping los santos thread, almost everything is mapped there.

The only possibility of a smaller city is northwest or far south, like an island city or something in that order...

However, we can by certainty say that R* is hiding something way north - northwest - northeast of the map due to the demo just let the player see 180 degrees facing the south end (which is the city). So they´re obviously hiding something behind those 180 degrees. But it can also ofcourse be that they just didn´t feel like showing the rest for some reason?!...

The Leprechaun
  • The Leprechaun

Chun do slainte mo chairde!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

A) It won"t be San Fierro, as this is supposed to be a SoCal game, also I think someone has mentioned that there won;t be San Fierro.

C) As for San Diego, as cool as the boarder idea would be, I don't think it is in this.

E) As mentioned above, but I think it's more based off the Pacoima/San Gabriel Dam.

F) Probably major trucking exit from the docks.

I) Same as San Fierro.

J) This is a bad argument as 3 and 4 have only taken place in the Liberty City Metropolitan Area.

K) This is where I kind of agree, but I am not convinced it's going to be a sprawling metroplis, but more a small city or large town based possibly on Oxnard/Ventura, Palm Springs, or Bakersfield/Edwards AFB.

L) Saints Row and GTA SA did a perfectly awesome variation of this with weapons smuggling and Yay!, but with only one city actually being a major participant in the definitive event.

CVG has mentioned an Air Base somewhere, I have yet to see a true Air Base on any generated map. Also, the Shamal may actually just be one of those, 'buy because you can" things. I actually think that it might be a Fort Carson, from SA, comparatively sized city.

ArteminEm
  • ArteminEm

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

six large robberies in only one city? nah...

The Leprechaun
  • The Leprechaun

Chun do slainte mo chairde!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (ArteminEm @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 10:33)
six large robberies in only one city? nah...

I don't know, it is LA, there is a lot to work with, but one or two have to include some heavy country work.

OGpurp
  • OGpurp

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

I'm with op for some reason.. orly.gif

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (MrKovac @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 09:38)
Quick mod of OP original map.... move the city down. and that gives half the map to something else. can't all be country. where i put the round circle is where i think there's another city/large town.

It cant be there, take a look at the mapping los santos thread, almost everything is mapped there.

The only possibility of a smaller city is northwest or far south, like an island city or something in that order...

However, we can by certainty say that R* is hiding something way north - northwest - northeast of the map due to the demo just let the player see 180 degrees facing the south end (which is the city). So they´re obviously hiding something behind those 180 degrees. But it can also ofcourse be that they just didn´t feel like showing the rest for some reason?!...

something like this:

[from the Mapping Los Santos! topic]

the map is big, and yet the entire north is undiscovered. i reckon something like this is up there. small city with an airport.

user posted image

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

I still think there are mulitple cities. Dan Houser confirmed that Los Santos is the only Major city. Las Venturas and San Fierro aren't Major cities, they are medium to small sized cities.

GrahfTheEmperor
  • GrahfTheEmperor

The Emperor of Darkness

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

Now, this is a good topic. Well, in the industry of games, as in every other types of industry, you have to edge the competition somehow. Marketing is one of the great tools to help you achieve that. Of course they are hiding something huge to surprise all their consumers upon the release of their product, and it's very plausible to consider the game will feature another city on the map.

ALeSsAnDrO
  • ALeSsAnDrO

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

There has to be at least another medium sized city.
Like stated, the rest of the map is just too large to accomodate only small towns and rural areas.

I'm not expecting something like San Andreas, but other smaller scaled cities will probably be there.

sesamtamam
  • sesamtamam

Cu*t

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (kb2084 @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 11:03)

something like this:

[from the Mapping Los Santos! topic]

the map is big, and yet the entire north is undiscovered. i reckon something like this is up there. small city with an airport.

user posted image

Exactly! It seems kinda unlikely but who knows....

menny
  • menny

Hustler

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Isn't it more plausible a snowy area up in the north of the map? confused.gif

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:18 PM Edited by kb2084, 10 June 2013 - 02:27 PM.

Isn't it more plausible a snowy area up in the north of the map?

thats high up in the mountains. not north

SA had 3 Major runways and a small one in the desert near LV [see below map]. So far in V we only seen one major runway. So there HAS to be at least another major runway up north. otherwise it defeats the purpose of having any runways. and because theres a big country, there'll be a smaller runways for fields and farms.

i'm 100% sure that there another city/large town up north.

user posted image

Lazy Squirrel PT
  • Lazy Squirrel PT

This sh*t is bananas!

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

I'm convinced there's at least a smaller city somewhere because we've seen Trevor in a runway with those unidentified skyscrapers in the background. Probably not Vegas or SF but... something.

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

user posted image

Yea, just wanna confirm that's not my map, I just pulled it from another thread.
I agree with your mod of the map, I've been waiting for someone to do that, as the city being further south just makes more
sense.

I think that map a few post back is pretty accurate
  • PensFan likes this

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

We'll all look back at this post and go "Ohhhhhh" dozingoff.gif

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

The people saying there will be a new city up north like SF and LV are complete idiots. This is SoCal, SF is NoCal, and LV is not even in California. San Diego can't happen too, because of the map size. The only possible "city" to be added in the game has to be the city of Bakersfield, which is a small city.

robbbbbbb
  • robbbbbbb

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

That south bound highway is an indication of San Diego to me, depicted as maybe "Los Puerta" as the OP says.

I also think a lot of these maps created on here have the scale and positioning of LS in relation to the overall map wrong, mislead by the promotional material blueprint map.

If I'm wrong, come at me.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:53 PM Edited by HoleInTheSky, 10 June 2013 - 05:58 PM.

There is no argument. Early on (and also quoted here), Dan Houser confirmed there aren't any cities other than Los Santos. "Small cities" is a grandiose description for a "town", which is a different thing altogether. Los Santos is the single, main metropolitan area, until Rockstar retract their statement.

PutAQuarterIn
  • PutAQuarterIn

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

At best I think we may see a big town, but not a small city. The line between a small city and large town is kinda blurry though. Either way I'm not counting on anything but LS.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Dan Houser)
Of course you could do a game with a bunch of cities now that could be pretty interesting, but we didn't think that was going to be this game.

I wonder why he said this part in past tense.

E1999Eternal
  • E1999Eternal

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

If there were another "big city" I would assume a playable character would be from there. Especially with the entire map being open from the beginning. We already know Michael and Franklin are from Los Santos, while Franklin reps the country area (specifically Sandy Shores.)

I expect plenty of small towns to explore, but nothing near the size and scale of Los Santos.

Obviously I hope I am wrong, as more cities would be awesome, but I think there will be plenty of "city" to explore even if there's just one.

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

I think smaller towns and areas aremore likely.

But who will know for sure until the game is out or R* show the full map like how they did for the 3D era games on their website.

uzi 9mm
  • uzi 9mm

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

nah i doubt we'll get any other city like what los santos is, we will no doubt get other city-like areas like small towns or villages, but LS is the only main city of that size to be in the game, im sure if any other major cities where to be in the game r* would have said by now.

jolzew1
  • jolzew1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

R* said in 2012 that you won't be able to buy real estate in GTA V which we now know as false. I find it hysterical when certain posters give the "Until R* confirms it" response. Well, they confirmed you couldn't buy Real Estate but guess what? you can. R* has got to be the most secretive developer in gaming. Do you serioulsly think that what they revealed on the SE/CE map picture is it for the cities? LOLOLOL... yep...after 5 years of more secracy than most intelligence agencies they said screw it, just put a rolled up map on the release pictures and show them the one and only city, make sure they know how small everything is after we've proclaimed what a massive map it is... lolololol....the funny thing is, it's probably not even the real map lolol

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Ragref @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 17:51)
The people saying there will be a new city up north like SF and LV are complete idiots. This is SoCal, SF is NoCal, and LV is not even in California. San Diego can't happen too, because of the map size. The only possible "city" to be added in the game has to be the city of Bakersfield, which is a small city.

Since when have R* been geographicly correct maybe you're the one that is stupid. But we'll see when the game is released...

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

Something to think about, under California legal definitions there is no difference between the meanings of the words "City" or "Town" (many states have Cities = +XX,XXX amount of people while Towns = -XX,XXX amount of people). So technically Los Santos is a City and a Town which means every other little Town is also really a City.

Keep in mind that Los Santos if it's anywhere near the scale of what is considered LA in real life then it isn't so much a "City" but a "Metropolis", so when you think of other Cities don't think of them as being LS size, but think of them being smaller.

Also keep in mind that a City isn't necessarily a billion people & tons of skyscrapers like NYC, Vegas, Chicago, San Diego, LA, San Francisco, etc. If there is a second city/large town in the game I suspect it'll be more along the lines of Newark, Trenton, Orlando, Tampa, Green Bay, Carlsbad, etc, basically a ~100,000 people town that's big enough to have an airport & some taller buildings but is mostly a standard town.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Fisha695 @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 19:35)
Something to think about, under California legal definitions there is no difference between the meanings of the words "City" or "Town" (many states have Cities = +XX,XXX amount of people while Towns = -XX,XXX amount of people). So technically Los Santos is a City and a Town which means every other little Town is also really a City.

Keep in mind that Los Santos if it's anywhere near the scale of what is considered LA in real life then it isn't so much a "City" but a "Metropolis", so when you think of other Cities don't think of them as being LS size, but think of them being smaller.

Also keep in mind that a City isn't necessarily a billion people & tons of skyscrapers like NYC, Vegas, Chicago, San Diego, LA, San Francisco, etc. If there is a second city/large town in the game I suspect it'll be more along the lines of Newark, Trenton, Orlando, Tampa, Green Bay, Carlsbad, etc, basically a ~100,000 people town that's big enough to have an airport & some taller buildings but is mostly a standard town.

Yeah,no i think what dan houser means with towns,he means little towns like angel pine,blueberry you name it.especially he said bunch of towns to goofin around in it.

In theory you are right though.

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 18:39)
QUOTE (Dan Houser)
Of course you could do a game with a bunch of cities now that could be pretty interesting, but we didn't think that was going to be this game.

I wonder why he said this part in past tense.

Los Santos is the single, main metropolitan area, until Rockstar retract their statement.

same thought here. like he's saying "we didn't think that was going to be this game...but it is"

@Holeinthesky: your right in that LS is the only confirmed major metropolitan area.
But R* has already gone back on a couple things that members of this forum where convinved was fact, Cuz R* Said SO.

Also, LV is a small city, pop. <600k compare that to LA city at just under 4 million w/ a metro pop. of almost 13 mil
  • PensFan likes this

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (menny @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 14:04)
Isn't it more plausible a snowy area up in the north of the map? confused.gif

like a version of Lake Tahoe at the northern most part of the map?
  • PensFan likes this

rjmthe2nd
  • rjmthe2nd

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (MMG @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 06:39)
LOS SANTOS IS THE ONLY CITY CONFIRMED BY DAN HOUSER

i dont think so, the on yl reason they've never said this back in the GTA SA Trailers was cuz we never knew about 2 big ass cities.we only knew "Los Angeles". but now that SA is the most recognized GTA,people go all "o wow this is so predictable SF AND LAS VENTURAS WILL BE IN,CJ WILL BE IN PLUS TATS BLAH BLA"

But which is why they said none of this sh*t wil be back,but i can guarantee you tht one more CITY Besides LS OR THE COUNTRY WILL BE IN.

No CJ.

Tats are back in too. when they denied customization for anything,also cars customizing is back...

so this leaves one Big secret..which is just the Story & and the map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users