» «
Photo

The Multiple TOWNS Argument

3,780 replies to this topic
gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:20 PM Edited by gwaha, 09 September 2013 - 08:23 PM.

No, that is not Chiliad in the background. That is what Wayne Kerr dubbed Mount Pointy on the east coast.

Edit:

Does anyone know a good site where I can find screencaptures of the trailers? I normally go to igta5.com but that site is excruciating slow today.

japse123
  • japse123

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

IAiXo3r.jpg

This one is fake/photoshoped. 

To lazy to find it myself but the original comment by R* is on the newswire somewhere, thats a edited one.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:21 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 09 September 2013 - 08:22 PM.

It is either Los Santos or the wind farm. The helicopter is flying over the Zancudo river to the east into the desert.

If the mountain in the back is Chiliad then that isn't LS.

East? That definitely isn't LS.

:/ But those lights, tho.

That isn't Chiliad, then. Still aint LS.

japse123
  • japse123

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

It is either Los Santos or the wind farm. The helicopter is flying over the Zancudo river to the east into the desert.

If the mountain in the back is Chiliad then that isn't LS.

East? That definitely isn't LS.

:/ But those lights, tho.

That isn't Chiliad, then. Still aint LS.

I'm pretty sure that the helicopter is flying from the east (Zancudo river) and to the left of that picture is chillad.

If you look closely on the mountian to the right you can see a antena, and behind that antena is the Vinewood sign.

Thats what I think.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

So now, when they can't prove there is any other city besides Los Santos, these multiple cities believers are trying to convince everyone they meant ''cities'' like Paleto or Sandy Shores this whole time?

Just stop. Stop. It looks pathetic. There is a very clear line on this forum what is a city and what is a town. LS - city, Sany Shores, Paleto... towns.

It's OK. You were wrong. Just accept it and move on.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:33 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 09 September 2013 - 08:33 PM.

It's OK. You were wrong. Just accept it and move on.

And you were an idiot. Quit spamming this topic with your pessimistic posts. :pirate:

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:35 PM Edited by gwaha, 09 September 2013 - 08:39 PM.

The helicopter is flying east. What you see in front of the plane is the desert with places like Sandy Shores. And the mountain on the left of the helicopter is Mount Josiah. The mountain on the left side in the background is Mount Pointy. Mount Chiliad is far, far wider and is in actuality much further to the left and not visible.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

Kindled its Sandy Shores.

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

I must say I hate that recent screenshot because it is so hard to make out anything with those lights.

I only stated Los Santos because others said it another thread (not the mapping thread) after I stated it had to be the wind farm. It can't be Los Santos based on the following screenshot.

sHwkYQa.jpg

The helicopter is in front of the third crossing over the Zancudo river, counting from the mouth of the Alamo Sea. So I do believe that in the helicopter screenshot you can see the Vinewood sign above the rotor. So what is visible in the other screenshot is either the wind farm or something else in that vicinity. There is a small part to the east of the highway leading out to the east of Los Santos we haven't seen. So basically south of the wind farm. It is possible we are seeing that particular area.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

So, it's facing east, then.

• Smaher. likes this

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:03 PM Edited by gwaha, 10 September 2013 - 04:11 PM.

So, it's facing east, then.

Yes. Los Santos should be on the right, just as in the skydiver screenshot.

Edit:

The mappers have done a great job mapping the known map. They were pretty close to right as expected. And people who own the guide just confirmed that North Yankton is a mission only place.

Removed official map.

And the map can be posted again.

e9ysi229a6xt.jpg

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

assuming that map is real

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

No San Fierro and Las Venturas, only "HUGE ULTRA DYNAMIC" Los Santos? I'd prefer the "HUGE ULTRA DYNAMIC" Los Santos!!!!

ACR
  • ACR

Finger f*ck bitches with Freddy Krueger gloves on.

• Members
  • China

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

Well if you take a look at the map, the only decent sized town is Grapeseed, the rest of the towns has like what, 2-3 streets.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

Well if you take a look at the map, the only decent sized town is Grapeseed, the rest of the towns has like what, 2-3 streets.

It shows only main roads.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

The towns look no bigger than the ones in San Andreas. Some even look smaller!

ACR
  • ACR

• Members
  • China

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

The towns look no bigger than the ones in San Andreas. Some even look smaller!

Indeed, but Grapeseed looks like it could be urban location worth exploring other than LS, if it could just have bigger buildings, smaller projects it would be great, but i'm not counting on it that much.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Grapeseed is mostly farmlands, not and urban area, so all those streets are probably between farms.

So that leaves only Sandy Shores and Paleto Bay as nice sized towns. I hoped for some nice big town to the east of LS but this map we got only shows some power station or something there.. that was a bit of a let down.

ACR
  • ACR

• Members
  • China

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Grapeseed is mostly farmlands, not and urban area, so all those streets are probably between farms.

So that leaves only Sandy Shores and Paleto Bay as nice sized towns. I hoped for some nice big town to the east of LS but this map we got only shows some power station or something there.. that was a bit of a let down.

Don't know man, IMO Grapeseed looks like good sized area, i don't know if it's urban enough, but i see a lot of roads/streets, it can't be farmland all of that. 

I'm really making Grapeseed something that is not am i :monocle: ?

cradical
  • cradical

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

Kindled has probably thrown himself under a bus now that North Yankton isn't on the map. 

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:23 PM Edited by Dope_0110, 10 September 2013 - 08:31 PM.

Don't know man, IMO Grapeseed looks like good sized area, i don't know if it's urban enough, but i see a lot of roads/streets, it can't be farmland all of that. 

I'm really making Grapeseed something that is not am i :monocle: ?

There are a few good shots of Grapeseed. The first that comes to mind is that old screenshot of Trevor flying the plane and behind him we see Alamo sea, Chiliad and Grapeseed pretty good. All I see there is a few farms and a whole lot of farm fields.

EDIT: This one http://www.rockstarg...ot/820-1280.jpg

naughtybynature
  • naughtybynature

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

so this confirms it, just like rockstar did 100 times over. los santos is the only city, and there looks to be 5 or 6 small towns and villages sprinkled around the map. i have to laugh a little at all the "rockstar is definitely lying just like they did about properties" crowd!lol

cmiller4642
  • cmiller4642

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

so this confirms it, just like rockstar did 100 times over. los santos is the only city, and there looks to be 5 or 6 small towns and villages sprinkled around the map. i have to laugh a little at all the "rockstar is definitely lying just like they did about properties" crowd!lol

It's been confirmed that 7 of the big mountains open up and contain San Fierro, Las Venturas, Liberty City, Carcer City, Vice City, Windy City (Chicago), and the GTA San Andreas Grove Street that is the size of all of them put together. The 8th mountain is North Yankton and it is a 1:1 scale of Canada, Greenland, and Norway combined with endless snow fields and delicious realistic caribou steak.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

Where is Kindled?

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

Where is Kindled?

His status shows he hasn't been on the forum in the past 21 hours. He is in for a rude awakening when he does come online.

naughtybynature
  • naughtybynature

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

Where is Kindled?

His status shows he hasn't been on the forum in the past 21 hours. He is in for a rude awakening when he does come online.

lol the official map killed this topic in a hurry. i figured people would still be trying to argue that other cities were still in the game.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:55 PM Edited by Dope_0110, 11 September 2013 - 08:56 PM.

Where is Kindled?

Hiding in a cave where Mr Garrison lived for a while some years ago.

cradical
  • cradical

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Where is Kindled?

Hiding in a cave where Mr Garrison lived for a while some years ago.

He threw himself under a freight train as soon as he found out North Yankton was not on the map. True story.

DeepThroat1974
  • DeepThroat1974

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

I have been playing for a a while and I made it purpose to try to find a town in the north with snow and have yet to do so. But Im still looking and the map is pretty big. I did find a wingsuit which helped though. Still have a lot of places to explore because there is a Skyrim like fog over the map

ACR
  • ACR

• Members
  • China

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

I have been playing for a a while and I made it purpose to try to find a town in the north with snow and have yet to do so. But Im still looking and the map is pretty big. I did find a wingsuit which helped though. Still have a lot of places to explore because there is a Skyrim like fog over the map

Where is the proof to cover your claim dumbass? Everyone who is claiming to have game without providing proof should be IP banned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users