The Multiple TOWNS Argument

3,780 replies to this topic
IchliebeDeutscheland
  • IchliebeDeutscheland

Sündenbock

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

2meyhk3.png

Finally i can make use of the ignore list. Thank you.

• Mainland Marauder likes this

hulklogann
  • hulklogann

Big Blaine

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

All we need is blaine county y'all.

youmadlittleguy?
  • youmadlittleguy?

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

That's exactly what we originally meant by there would be other small cities.

The line between town and city in California is quite blurred, it doesn't really matter which ever you call it. We always said there would be other smaller cities and indeed there is! Sandy Shores, Paleto Bay, etc.

In short - told you so! :beerhat:

no... rockstar themselves said los santos is the only city and that there would be small towns and villages sprinkled around the map, so... told you so! not to mention all the people on here that go on and on about las venturas and san fierro and analheim and blah blah blah. los santos is it folks. there are plenty of towns and countryside to keep us busy. everybody chill. plus los santos is gigantic

• ?!=+_- likes this

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:02 AM Edited by LotusRIP, 07 September 2013 - 05:03 AM.

no... rockstar themselves said los santos is the only city and that there would be small towns and villages sprinkled around the map, so... told you so! not to mention all the people on here that go on and on about las venturas and san fierro and analheim and blah blah blah. los santos is it folks. there are plenty of towns and countryside to keep us busy. everybody chill. plus los santos is gigantic

Cities and towns are the same thing in California...

http://en.wikipedia....Town#California

"In California, the words "town" and "city" are synonymous by law"

"...some of which welcome visitors to the "City of Los Gatos" while older, adjacent signs welcome people to the "Town of Los Gatos."

Paleto Bay = City or Town

Sandy Shores = City or Town

Ouch. What's that? Multiple cities. Told you so!

Now run away and cry, bitch.

*Obviously nobody ever said there would be more than 1 "major" city, but we always knew there would be other smaller cities...

NikoPlease
  • NikoPlease

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

*Obviously nobody ever said there would be more than 1 "major" city, but we always knew there would be other smaller cities...

Did you have to call him a "bitch" though?

youmadlittleguy?
  • youmadlittleguy?

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:25 AM

its a good thing this game doesnt take place in california then... its set in san andreas, a world created by rockstar, and according to rockstar the game includes los santos and surrounding hills and countryside with small towns and villages sprinkled around the map. end of discussion. youre still wrong

• GTAfan4life12 likes this

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

no... rockstar themselves said los santos is the only city

No, they said Los Santos would be the only Major City in the game. They never said there is only 1 city (actually multiple times they have stated on their website that there is multiple cities), they have simply stated that there is only 1 Major City.

its a good thing this game doesnt take place in california then...

Actually according to Rockstart it does take place in California (Southern California to be exact), they even say so in one of the trailers & in numerous interviews/statements.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

If they include Liberty City in any way, does that count as another city?

Also...

EMDmdFw.jpg

:lol:

?!=+_-
  • ?!=+_-

Member Title

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

Re imagined southern California to be precise, geographically it's nothing alike, Los Santos alone is smaller than the town I live then there's other villages or towns whatever you wanna call em which we all knew existed, there should be no I told you so like a little girl here.

youmadlittleguy?
  • youmadlittleguy?

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

No, they said Los Santos would be the only Major City in the game. They never said there is only 1 city (actually multiple times they have stated on their website that there is multiple cities), they have simply stated that there is only 1 Major City.

Actually according to Rockstart it does take place in California (Southern California to be exact), they even say so in one of the trailers & in numerous interviews/statements.

id love to see your source, they never said major. they just said city. also, the game takes place in the fictional state of san andreas. the state is modeled after a reimagined southern california but you wont find califnornia on any of the in game license plates. did you really not know this?

PoliceFarm
  • PoliceFarm

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:58 AM

Now that really is a poor excuse to fool yourself into thinking you were right. California isn't in the game, so that rule isn't relevant. What's relevant is that in the world that Rockstar as created, places like Paleto and Sandy Shores are labeled as towns. In terms of even how Rockstar defines the locations in the game, they are not at all considered cities in any way, regardless of what the laws are for a real life state.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

First, can we discuss this without bitching at each other, in whatever sense.

I fully expect there to be separate smaller towns around Los Santos, much as there are around LA. We know there won't be San Fierro or anything like that. It's pretty simple, really.

youmadlittleguy?
  • youmadlittleguy?

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:05 AM

j64ztk.jpg

@choco, your point? i was simply trying to determine who had been stalking me!

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

On topic. Now. I was just wondering how this new warn system works too.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

One major city, and a few towns.

That's your answer.

Also, people seem to forget towns can be quite large but obviously not as large as a city, so that being said, no there aren't any smaller cities.

Rockstar replied to someone asking about the word "cities" in one of their posts, and they said they meant towns smaller than LS, it seems like towns/cities are commonly reffered to or mixed up between each other when described in Cali, but im sure Rockstar meant just towns.

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

One major city, and a few towns.

That's your answer.

Also, people seem to forget towns can be quite large but obviously not as large as a city, so that being said, no there aren't any smaller cities.

Rockstar replied to someone asking about the word "cities" in one of their posts, and they said they meant towns smaller than LS, it seems like towns/cities are commonly reffered to or mixed up between each other when described in Cali, but im sure Rockstar meant just towns.

Rockstar North is a Scottish company. If they refer to cities, towns and villages, they're probably not using the California term.

People on this forum have a disconcerting tendency to be overly generous in their interpretations. They act like every word has a specific meaning separate from what it seems to mean to the public, and that they can find hidden content by twisting every word until it fits their argument.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

I totally agree that big cities can be called towns but towns can NOT be called cities. And if R* claimed there were multiple cities in this game only to throw a "town\city" technicality at us, there would be serious problems with false advertisement.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:20 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 07 September 2013 - 03:59 PM.

Go away, Kjacked.  :p

@Zuckmeslow: How the hell did you find that? I knew there was something odd about that screen. Seeing that it faces east. That ocean, tho, seems a little bit o empty. :/

hey DICKdled go back to the closet

Wow... that wasn't even clever. :p

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:20 PM Edited by Zulu412, 07 September 2013 - 04:31 PM.

The town with the beach has been known for quite some time, after all it was on the blueprint map. It was always assumed to be Malibu.

Okay, I said east of Los Santos when I actually meant more north easterly of Los Santos. I doubt there is anything at all east of Los Santos itself based on the blueprint map. All on the east is beach. There isn't even a road leading towards the tiny part that doesn't show a coastline. I just doubt there is anything of significance out there.

I do think there is something between the Los Santos Correctional Facility and the wind farm though. There is enough room there for a bunch of things.

Not sure about this new format for the forums: it kinda sucks. but I like the respect button, nice touch.

I agree with Gwaha in that there is something NE of LS, there is a major highway headed up that way. Also, the very north of the map.

Agreed with Lotus, towns/small cities is just a bickering point, they're the same

Kjacked, if that is you, when GTAO comes out we should start a clan based soley on destroying kinbred & zuckisslow

Still interesting to me is:

North Yankton (actual place or just a post card)

Strawberry (small town or part of ghetto) - from car add

Davis (small town or part of ghetto) - from radio list

the "silos" or industrial buildings in desert

location of Epsilon's base if one exist outside LS

• PensFan likes this

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

The town with the beach has been known for quite some time, after all it was on the blueprint map. It was always assumed to be Malibu.

Okay, I said east of Los Santos when I actually meant more north easterly of Los Santos. I doubt there is anything at all east of Los Santos itself based on the blueprint map. All on the east is beach. There isn't even a road leading towards the tiny part that doesn't show a coastline. I just doubt there is anything of significance out there.

I do think there is something between the Los Santos Correctional Facility and the wind farm though. There is enough room there for a bunch of things.

Not sure about this new format for the forums: it kinda sucks. but I like the respect button, nice touch.

I agree with Gwaha in that there is something NE of LS, there is a major highway headed up that way. Also, the very north of the map.

Agreed with Lotus, towns/small cities is just a bickering point, they're the same

Kjacked, if that is you, when GTAO comes out we should start a clan based soley on destroying kinbred & zuckisslow

Still interesting to me is:

North Yankton (actual place or just a post card)

Strawberry (small town or part of ghetto) - from car add

Davis (small town or part of ghetto) - from radio list

the "silos" or industrial buildings in desert

location of Epsilon's base if one exist outside LS

I hope that wasn't a threat. Because relatively, I'd plan on destroying you as well. :rol:

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:34 PM Edited by gwaha, 07 September 2013 - 04:38 PM.

"small city/gloryhole"

No. If what you outline is even a structure it is more than likely the Los Santos Correctional Facility which should be in that vicinity according to the blueprint map.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

How is this still open?.....

There is only one city. How many times do I have to say it?

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

How is this still open?.....

There is only one city. How many times do I have to say it?

I really want to punch you in the face. If you weren't virtual, I'd probably still do it.

Gwaha: I was wondering why you haven't commented about that. You know, I guessed that you would state it to be some obvious grain silos. :catspider:​ 

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

I commented just now because I didn't see Zms' post earlier. I guess you once again believe it has got to be something else. We know there is a correctional facility in that area so the logical conclusion can only be that instead of coming up with something completely ridiculous. Have you ever heard of the principle Occam's Razor? You don't first go looking for the most outlandish solution to a problem but you first look for the most logical explanation and if evidence points it can't be that, only then you move on to the next more logical explanation. Or you could say "never go full retard".

Zulu412
  • Zulu412

Chiver

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

@kinbred: yes...thou shalt be decimated, streets will flow with the blood of the non-believers - capiche, lol?

@backfire: say it all you want, your wrong. there's only 1 "major" city, with several small city/towns. call 'em what ya want but in most places they'd be refered to as cities. how many times do multiple people in this thread have to say it? it got switched to "towns" to appease the simple minded folks like you that can't wrap your head around what we're discussing.

@zuckitslow: it's a rock, tree, pennisula, or something other than what you think

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:19 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 07 September 2013 - 06:19 PM.

@kinbred: yes...thou shalt be decimated, streets will flow with the blood of the non-believers - capiche, lol?

I'll make that clan, too. And... do something similar. Just so we're clear, in-game, right? :ph34r:

Z1000
  • Z1000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

IAiXo3r.jpg

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:14 PM Edited by _Kindled_, 09 September 2013 - 08:15 PM.

What the hell is this??? Cant be Los Santos.

f7vf.jpg :panic:

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

It is either Los Santos or the wind farm. The helicopter is flying over the Zancudo river to the east into the desert.

uboaaaa
  • uboaaaa

I'm afraid we've reached an impasse.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

What the hell is this??? Cant be Los Santos.

f7vf.jpg :panic:

Is that Chiliad in the background?  :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users