GTA4 and TLAD crashing on load
Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:25 AM Edited by stormyjet, 10 June 2013 - 04:30 AM.
I'll try to make this simple as possible
I legitimately bought GTA4 from Steam, and EFLC from Amazon. The Amazon one came with a included downloader.
When I start up GTA4, I can get into the menus just fine, and I click Start
-Character Images Pop up, about 3 of them
-LOADING- GAME COMPLETE
- GTA crashes and shows the standard "This application has stopped working" or whatever
Ballad of Gay Tony works fine (for some reason, is prone to some crashes)
Now with TLAD it is a whole different story
-Able to get into menus
-Character images, about 3
-Crash, "This application has stopped worling"
I have uninstalled and reinstalled each one, removed all mods, tried -safemode and -novblank, Run in XP Mode/whatever, to no avial.
OS: Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit
cpu: Intel i7-2600k CPU @ 3.40 Ghz
memory: 16384mb ram (16gb ram
DirectX version: DirectX11
GPU- GeForce GTX 660
Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:19 AM Edited by CCPD, 10 June 2013 - 10:23 AM.
|QUOTE (Solution 1)|
|Download and install Games for Windows Marketplace Client, DirectX End-User Runtimes, Microsoft Visual C++ SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) 2005, 2008, 2010 (all three) and .NET Framework 4.0/4.5 (via Windows Updates).|
|QUOTE (Solution 2)|
|NOTE: YOU MUST MUST MUST DO THESE STEPS EXACTLY. DON’T SKIP ON REBOOTING OR ANYTHING. ALSO MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE FILE I’VE LINKED TO, AND NOT ANY OTHER VERSION OF GFWL.|
1. Uninstall both “Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE Redistributable” AND “Microsoft Games for Windows Marketplace”.
2. IMPORTANT: Reboot.
3. Download the GFWL installer from here.
4. IMPORTANT: Right click the above installer, go to properties and change its compatibility to “Windows 7”. Save and exit.
5. IMPORTANT: Right click the installer, and choose “Run as administrator”.
6. After it’s installed, run the GFWL game again. It should now work fine and redownload your profile.
Steps 4 and 5 are really, REALLY, REALLY important.
Run GFWL in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:45 PM
The second solution worked for me for GTA4, however neither of them did for TLAD
Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:36 PM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users