Age restrictions regarding permanent contraception

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic
GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

Transgenders as young as 16 can receive these "reassignment" surgeries (with "parental consent", of course) whereas I'm 20 and surgeons refuse to perform a vasectomy on me. There is no justification for this discrimination.

Physically: What others do with their testicles & uterus's is none of your concern.

Financially: How's permanency a waste of money whereas temporary is not?

Emotionally: Not everyone is parental (motherly/fatherly) caliber.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

One could argue that a gender reassignment surgery would be medically necessary from a psychological standpoint, so for that reason I can understand why a vasectomy is harder to get than one of those operations. Not that I necessarily agree with that. A vasectomy really isn't a medically necessary operation so why surgeons refuse to perform it on you is their own moral thing getting in the way.

Melchior
  • Melchior

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

There's plenty justification for that "discrimination." First off, from a mental health stand point, gender realignment is a medically necessary procedure.

It's fairly obvious to everybody else that you are too young to get a vasectomy. I feel like there's something you aren't sharing, since you are strangely obsessed with the idea. Most twenty year olds don't even consider permanent contraception, let alone fervently obsess over it .

Narrow
  • Narrow

Enigmatic Wanderer

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:36 AM Edited by Narrow, 14 June 2013 - 05:44 AM.

There are a plethora of reasons why someone could justify having their gender "reassigned", not least of which is the psychological issues that are imposed by not getting given such treatment, as it were. These surgeries are performed for the reasons that the person feels and has always felt that they did not belong in their gender and so they wish to change it, so much so that they often resort to transvestism in order to cope with the reality of their situation.

You however simply seek to have a vasectomy at a very young age, twenty whether you believe it or not isn't the right time to be deciding on whether or not you want children, let alone to make that decision permanent and completely remove any chances you may have had at becoming a father in the future should you change your mind. I know that you may say that you've made up your mind about the issue but I've got a lot of friends that said the same as you, yet as they got older (entering their mid thirties) decided that they too were ready to become parents and that is why you're "discriminated" against. Not because these people who have gender reassignment surgery have anymore right to it than you, but rather because you may indeed change your mind one of these days and when/if you do it'll be too late to do anything about it.

Maternal instincts are not something that every person is inbuilt with, from what I've seen of the world and the people around me your viewpoints, opinions and lifestyle are always in a constant state of flux and as a direct result of that you cannot be sure that in ten, twelve maybe even fifteen years that you won't want to have children. Not only that, but there's also the point that there are ways to prevent you from having children, contraception comes in abundance these days and the only reason you'd have for impregnating a woman would be that you or her didn't take the necessary precautions for engaging in such an act, ergo having a vasectomy is not your only option in this situation, far from it in fact. Now, compare this then to a person who no matter what they do will always be the same gender unless a surgical operation is performed and you have the answer as to why you are being "discriminated" against.

Mantequilla
  • Mantequilla

I Make Things Slippery

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 21:27)
Transgenders as young as 16 can receive these "reassignment" surgeries (with "parental consent", of course) whereas I'm 20 and surgeons refuse to perform a vasectomy on me. There is no justification for this discrimination.

Physically: What others do with their testicles & uterus's is none of your concern.

Why do you want a vasectomy?

MikeWh
  • MikeWh

Bender

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Mantequilla @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 03:03)
QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 21:27)

Why do you want a vasectomy?

Because he doesn't want children?

That's why god invented Durex, son. May not like it but just because you feel this way now doesn't mean you will in 10/15 years time - that's what it's all about, long term.

Plus a vasectomy doesn't rule out STIs, so you'd still need to wear condoms.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Faceless, Nameless, Endless War

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

I think this topic ran its course a while back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users