Photo

How to move map mods

6 replies to this topic
SpoonTheMan
  • SpoonTheMan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

How do you move map mods? I know you need GIMS and 3DS Max, but I don't know what needs to be done to move an already created map mod, so if someone could give some information on how to do that or post a tutorial here, that would be awesome. Thanks.

SpoonTheMan
  • SpoonTheMan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

Nevermind, I figured out how to move the map visually, I just need to figure out how to move the collision with it.

SpoonTheMan
  • SpoonTheMan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

I suppose I figured it out already, so to make this topic useful, here's the tutorial I noted down in case it helps anyone else:

1: In OpenIV, go to data/maps/[Name Of Map Mod], open the img file of the map, and right click on the .wdr, .wtd, and .wbn (Drawable Object, Texture Dictionary, and Static Collision) files and click 'Export To openFormats' for each.
2: Open GIMS IV in 3DS Max
3: Under tools, activate the Map Helper
4: Under Import WPL, click on the * and check 'With Models' and 'Use IDE'
5: Load the Map Mod's WPL
6: Load the Map Mod's OBN(s)/OBD(s)
7: Under IDE OBJS/TOBJ/ANIM editor, click the 'Get' button while the map mod is selected in 3DS Max (Unsure if this is necessary)
8: Under Collision editor, click the 'Get' button while the map mod is selected in 3DS Max (Unsure if this is necessary)
9: Move the map where you want it
10: Repeat Steps 5 & 6 (Unsure if this is necessary)
11: Export the IDE, WPL, and OBN(s)/OBD(s)
12: Insert the OBN(s) back into the map's img file using OpenIV (OBN is the WBN converted)

Have fun with your moved maps/packed game map!

folypers
  • folypers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

'Get' isn't needed on col ,ide, and wpl. You should however reset the xform of all objects before export (I suppose you did?)

SpoonTheMan
  • SpoonTheMan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by SpoonTheMan, 13 June 2013 - 04:39 PM.

QUOTE (folypers @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 04:56)
'Get' isn't needed on col ,ide, and wpl. You should however reset the xform of all objects before export (I suppose you did?)

I don't believe I did, but it seemed to work anyway... what would that do, make the game more stable, compress the map better, or what? If there is still a reason to reset xform, how do I do that? Thanks

Edit: I found how to reset xform, but what would be the reason to?

folypers
  • folypers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:05 AM

Whenever you move, scale, rotate stuff, it is best to use Xform reset.

prabhatec
  • prabhatec

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:59 AM

QUOTE (folypers @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 04:56) 'Get' isn't needed on col ,ide, and wpl. You should however reset the xform of all objects before export (I suppose you did?)
I don't believe I did, but it seemed to work anyway... what would that do, make the game more stable, compress the map better, or what? If there is still a reason to reset xform, how do I do that? Thanks

Edit: I found how to reset xform, but what would be the reason to?

So bro i can move Ghost ville map and clock work mount map? coz i imported both by adding Images.txt and gta.txt! but games seems wrking smooth but map is overmaped on another :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users