» «
Photo

WANTED! Ranger (Police Rancher) PS2

27 replies to this topic
PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:48 PM Edited by PSN-Blackhawk_1989, 13 June 2013 - 05:55 PM.

Lost cheat: Ranger
user posted image
does anyone know what this cheat code is? Console.

Please do not say it does not exist because I use to use it all the time until I lost my printed cheat book.

Rancher: up right right L1 right up square L2

Ranger: >>CODE GOES HERE<< every site I check has an invalid code or Rancher code in its place.

EDIT: I am looking for the code that spawns the Rancher for PS2/Xbox. This is the standard country patrol vehicle.

I am fully aware of all vehicles in the game and ask for what I mean. No typo, no confusion. I believe there were a total of 24 spawning cheats.
Rancher, Ranger, FBI Rancher and FBI Truck
unnamed code: square square R2 left up square R2 X X X

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Not sure what you're trying to ask.

Upon entering a cheat, I never received any "invalid" popup.

I'm certain there is no "Ranger" cheat.

An AR-MAX, Codebreaker & Gameshark code in raw format:

Rancher cheat spawns Ranger - NTSC V1
2059ECB4 24040257

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:57 PM Edited by lil weasel, 10 June 2013 - 01:04 AM.

PS2: It is parked in the Dillmore Police Garage, so you don't need a cheat.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

You know, I think it's possible you're confusing the Ranger with the deleted police vehicle, better known as the "FBI Truck". An image to illustrate:

FBI Truck:

user posted image

Ranger:

user posted image

If you truly think there's a conventional cheat for the Ranger, you're either confused, a troll or both. In whatever case, I added images to aid you.

As I pointed out, you can tamper with the vehicle spawn cheats to spawn others instead. I seriously doubt you know how to do that, nonetheless so it's not important. Another example of this in NTSC v1 Raw format:

Stretch cheat spawns FBI Truck:
2059ECF4 24040210

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:11 PM Edited by lil weasel, 09 June 2013 - 08:31 PM.

he did specify "Rancher" type as "Ranger"

Ranger: up right right L1 right up square L2
It is quite possible that the code above is a deliberate 'error' from the Brady Guide to trap copyright infringement.

odd thing, this question (word for word) was asked by BLACKHAWK_01989
2 years ago @ Gamefaqs. And it was never answered. smile.gif

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

The GTAsanandreas.net site lists it incorrectly. It says Ranger but when you insert the cheat code a Rancher spawns. It's incorrect on both the PS2 Page and the Xbox Page. confused.gif

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 20:11)
he did specify "Rancher" type as "Ranger"

Not sure what you're trying to say either, Weasel. Ranchers and Rangers are not the same thing, you know that. He could also mean the FBI Rancher, which I doubt because it has no spawn cheat either, unless you tamper with the codes as I demonstrated.

NTSC v1 Raw format:
Romero cheat spawns FBI Rancher
2059ECE4 240401EA

FBI Rancher:

user posted image

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:56 PM Edited by lil weasel, 10 June 2013 - 01:05 AM.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 18:57)
PS2: It is parked in the Dillimore Police Garage, so you don't need a cheat.

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

For acquiring the Ranger, I find it easier to go to a rural setting, get a wanted level and steal one from the responding officers.

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 13:00)
For acquiring the Ranger, I find it easier to go to a rural setting, get a wanted level and steal one from the responding officers.

That still doesn't answer my question.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (PSN-Blackhawk_1989 @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 18:26)
QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 13:00)

That still doesn't answer my question.

EDIT - I read your edited first post. I don't know of a correct console cheat code for the Ranger, sorry.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

The answer appears to be that there is NO cheat for the ranger. The ones posted are a 'Brady Guide' copyright infringement trap.

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 15:47)
The answer appears to be that there is NO cheat for the ranger. The ones posted are a 'Brady Guide' copyright  infringement trap.

I have used the Ranger cheat in the past. I lost the code years ago after my Xbox failed. I couldn't find the code after "Official code books" were released.

I am positive that the code exists. I believe your http://www.gtasanandreas.net/ page use to contain it, even though you guys never had them all. You should rename the Ranger cheat "Rancher" as that is what it spawns.

user posted image on the otherhand, use to have all but the pissing, full shooting and a couple other oddball codes. This use to be my favorite site. Now they do not have all spawning codes.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:03 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 10 June 2013 - 08:28 AM.

To illustrate how sure I am there's no Ranger cheat, I would stake my account on it.

If you want a cheat to spawn a Ranger, you're going to have to alter an already existing cheat.

I've done extensive searching and all that arises regarding a Ranger cheat is this topic. Assuming such existed, I doubt only you out of millions would be aware of it.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

The point is..WHY worry about cheat codes, when it has spawn points to easily obtain-ie. at the Dillimore PD(as Lil Weasal said) AND at the Police station in El Quabrados(spelling?)...Why not use one of those? OR are you talking about Proofed ones? confused.gif

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

The one at El Quebrados doesn't spawn unless you're dating Barbara, and even then the doors don't unlock until you get 50% with her.

And the only proofed Ranger I know is the one Barbara drives during the "jealous girlfriend" encounters.

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:03 AM Edited by PSN-Blackhawk_1989, 11 June 2013 - 04:55 AM.

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 23:03)
To illustrate how sure I am there's no Ranger cheat, I would stake my account on it.

If you want a cheat to spawn a Ranger, you're going to have to alter an already existing cheat.

I've done extensive searching and all that arises regarding a Ranger cheat is this topic. Assuming such existed, I doubt only you out of millions would be aware of it.

Keep your account.

Please, if anyone does find the code, post it here.
If memory server right, The code resembled the Rancher cheat and was a little longer.

"I use to use it all the time" During Vigilante, I would spawn a Ranger when my cruiser was destroyed.
Not a Rhino and not a Hunter.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:05 PM Edited by GTASAddict, 11 June 2013 - 12:10 PM.

QUOTE (PSN-Blackhawk_1989 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 00:03)
Keep your account.

If memory server right, The code resembled the Rancher cheat and was a little longer.

"I use to use it all the time" During Vigilante, I would spawn a Ranger when my cruiser was destroyed.

I meant I'd "stake my account" as in request it be banned (not give it away) if you're correct, which you're not. Anyway, enough of that.

I noticed you made an eerily similar post on Gamespot.
http://www.gamespot....box-ps2-296019/

Let me quote your post on Gamespot:

Posted by BLACKHAWK_01989
on Oct 15, 2011 4:24 am GMT
Ranger Cheat not Rancher HELP? XBOX/PS2
Rancher: Up, Right, Right, L1, Right, Up, Square, L2
Ranger:?

Additional details - Oct 15, 2011 4:27 am GMT
Hi I'm trying to find the Ranger cheat. I lost it and can't find it anywhere. This is an existing cheat so please do not tell me it does not exist. everybody thinks the RANGER & RANCHER are the same cheat. PLEASE help me find this lost spawning cheat and others as well.

Nobody is going to take you seriously because your assertion is baseless; nobody thinks the cheats are "the same" because only one exists.

I offered you some code device codes (not button cheats) that will spawn rangers. You should be grateful enough of that.

It's likely your memory card was previously owned and someone altered an existing cheat.

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by damian001, 11 June 2013 - 06:33 PM.

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 04:05)
QUOTE (PSN-Blackhawk_1989 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 00:03)
Keep your account.

I meant I'd "stake my account" as in request it be banned (not give it away) if you're correct, which you're not. Anyway, enough of that.

I noticed you made an eerily similar post on Gamespot.
http://www.gamespot....box-ps2-296019/

Let me quote your post on Gamespot:

Nobody is going to take you seriously because your assertion is baseless; nobody thinks the cheats are "the same" because only one exists.

I offered you some code device codes (not button cheats) that will spawn rangers. You should be grateful enough of that.

It's likely your memory card was previously owned and someone altered an existing cheat.

No one on this forum will care if you get banned or not. It's very arrogant to suggest that, and it only serves to stroke your own ego. It's quite more pathetic when you have only been here for a few months: You won't be missed. If you can't get the OP what he's looking for, then stop wasting his and everybody else's time. Even worse, looking up his posts on other forums and asking him to be grateful on top of that.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by lil weasel, 13 June 2013 - 10:14 AM.

QUOTE (damian001 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 18:21)
No one on this forum will care if you get banned or not.  It's stupid to suggest that, and it only serves to stroke your own ego. If you can't help the OP, then how about you stop wasting his time. All you've done is point and nitpicked at his posts on other forums, and requested that he should be grateful to you because you gave him something different that he asked for.

I thought I already made it clear; clear what the intention behind my metaphor was. Your (and whoever else's) inability to comprehend that is not my dilemma.

What he "asked for" doesn't exist (I already said that, not sure how I can make it any clearer), thus I offered alternatives. He can take it or leave it. Metaphorically speaking, don't order ice cream and complain when you get vanilla, after having been told that's the only flavor available.

The fact you failed to notice how flawed what he asked for was demonstrates you know nothing of the subject. So before you tell me to "stop wasting his time", why don't you reconsider before making yourself out to be an imbecile?
EDIT: Cautioned for this post. {lw.
Never mind, just never mind.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (damian001 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 11:21)
No one on this forum will care if you get banned or not. It's very arrogant to suggest that, and it only serves to stroke your own ego. It's quite more pathetic when you have only been here for a few months: You won't be missed.

I'd care. I consider GTASAddict a buddy of mine. We consult on cheat device codes regularly. I'd definitely miss him if he was no longer around.
  • King Andreas likes this

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:03 PM Edited by GTASAddict, 11 June 2013 - 08:05 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 20:03)
I'd care. I consider GTASAddict a buddy of mine. We consult on cheat device codes regularly. I'd definitely miss him if he was no longer around.

My wholehearted gratitude for that. Coming from you, that means a lot. I'll just PM the remainder to you.

Ever since Skills, Ric-013 and That Grove Street Homie fled, we've been the only two keeping those sort of discussions alive.

*High five* and cheers!

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:04 AM Edited by lil weasel, 13 June 2013 - 10:13 AM.

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 10:45)
QUOTE (damian001 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 18:21)
No one on this forum will care if you get banned or not.  It's stupid to suggest that, and it only serves to stroke your own ego. If you can't help the OP, then how about you stop wasting his time. All you've done is point and nitpicked at his posts on other forums, and requested that he should be grateful to you because you gave him something different that he asked for.

I thought I already made it clear; clear what the intention behind my metaphor was. Your (and whoever else's) inability to comprehend that is not my dilemma.

What he "asked for" doesn't exist (I already said that, not sure how I can make it any clearer), thus I offered alternatives. He can take it or leave it. Metaphorically speaking, don't order ice cream and complain when you get vanilla, after having been told that's the only flavor available.

The fact you failed to notice how flawed what he asked for was demonstrates you know nothing of the subject. So before you tell me to "stop wasting his time", why don't you reconsider before making yourself out to be an imbecile?
EDIT: Cautioned for this post. {lw.

Never mind, just never mind.

You jump to conclusions and call my memory faulty?
I got my hardware new. I have played the game a thousand times. I used the code on Xbox and PS2.

I am positive that the cheat exists. I do not want your "RAW CODES" as that is not what I am looking for.

If you do not have my answer then please go elsewhere, and Please do not insult me.

One more thing, I remember clearly spawning the Rancher and Ranger side by side.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:03 PM Edited by King Andreas, 4 weeks ago.

*Grunt*

I asked some reliable sources if the so-called "Ranger cheat" exists to back me up and am awaiting a rebuttal.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

The code you want does not exist. The cheats a not a mystery. People can look into this area of memory and identify every cheat. They can even activate codes that have no button combination to trigger them. All of the cheats in San Andreas have long since been identified and none of them spawn a Police Ranger.

If you need more information try looking up the old records from Edison Carter.
  • King Andreas likes this

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by King Andreas, 4 weeks ago.

(OrionSR @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 15:24) The code you want does not exist. The cheats a not a mystery. People can look into this area of memory and identify every cheat. They can even activate codes that have no button combination to trigger them. All of the cheats in San Andreas have long since been identified and none of them spawn a Police Ranger. If you need more information try looking up the old records from Edison Carter.

My hat off to you, though I think what you said might be too complex for many.

There you have it, folks. The verdict is in; OrionSR has spoken.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

This reminds me of the guy who asked for a cheat for a Lamborghini. lol.gif

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 18:49)
This reminds me of the guy who asked for a cheat for a Lamborghini. lol.gif

There's a vast contrast between asking for the creation of a code or mod to enable something that doesn't exist. On the other hand, it's outright silly to blatantly assert the existence of a fallacy that's discredited with irrefutable evidence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users