Can you play VC:stories in HD for PS2?

4 replies to this topic
ZaineRichards
  • ZaineRichards

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:15 AM

Hello there smile.gif
I recently beat Vice City for the Xbox but played it on my Xbox360. It was a nice trip down memory lane. I never got around to playing vice city stories but do have a PS2. I recently started playing an emulated version of 'stories but my PC doesn't quite keep up with it graphically. I want to pick it up on eBay now for my PS2 but I was wondering if HD component cables would upscale it on the ps2 rather than it being all jaggy.

Any suggestions would help thanks smile.gif

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE (ZaineRichards @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 05:15)
Hello there smile.gif
I recently beat Vice City for the Xbox but played it on my Xbox360. It was a nice trip down memory lane. I never got around to playing vice city stories but do have a PS2. I recently started playing an emulated version of 'stories but my PC doesn't quite keep up with it graphically. I want to pick it up on eBay now for my PS2 but I was wondering if HD component cables would upscale it on the ps2 rather than it being all jaggy.

Any suggestions would help thanks smile.gif

No.

You can buy it on PSN for the PS3 and it will technically be in HD, and look better on an HDTV than a PS2 will.

ZaineRichards
  • ZaineRichards

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

I havent got a PS3, I used to be big into PS2 back in the day before Xbox. I've already ordered vice city stories for PS2, I read a few places in the last hour saying the Component cable will slightly make it look better but it won't be true HD.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

The component cables will make the colors better and the overall image sharper, but it won't do any miracles, don't expect rendered Full HD 1080p - 60 FPS - Anti-Aliasing 16x.

The image will still display in the native 448i of the console and it will look horrible and jaggy in any HDTV.

ZaineRichards
  • ZaineRichards

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for the help, I'm not going for it to be perfect but just enough so I can enjoy the story and city again since playing Vice City. It is my favorite GTA Game out of all of them I've played.

I'm just trying to get it close enough to the Xbox version of Vice City.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users