Quantcast

» «
Photo

Shoot out in California (Santa Monica beach)

80 replies to this topic
Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 05:02)
They'd have to pay rockstar a boat load of money, then they'd better leak it to pc and Xbox

I'm not sure whether this is a ridiculously glib statement, or just really dumb.

Sorry but a Ban on GTA in America will never happen due to it is against our 1st amendment Rights

Same for this.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

Can we keep this to one topic, please?

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

Just wondering, is Humans are the only species that kill each other or is there any other species that kills each other?

Michaś
  • Michaś

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 09:53)
Just wondering, is Humans are the only species that kill each other or is there any other species that kills each other?

Lions, Tigers, Ostriches, Hippopotamus, Wolves...

They do it purely for the domination factor however, not just because they feel like it.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 09:53)
[Are] Humans  the only species that kill each other or [are] there any other species that kill each other?

Sure.
Lions will kill cubs and other male aggressors.
Crocodiles eat the young.
Chimpanzees murder others.
Ants have wars.
Dogs will kill others.
et cetera.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (trip @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 19:21)
QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 20:53)
I think his point is, California has bans on assault weapons, and yet still this guy had one and used it.

Honest I don't want to turn this into a gun topic. I'm pretty sure most around here who have been in gun debates on GTAF may know that I don't participate.

I'm a huge fan of how our government is set up with how it works in the whole trickle down/tiered way. State bans on guns is kind of pointless since we are able to move through the country state to state without hassle.

I used to drive 20 minutes away from my house to buy cigarettes in a different state because there is no sales tax(and smokes were cheap) in Delaware. It was illegal for me to do that since I had over the allowed 2 cartons as I crossed the border. Oh oh and I also would pick up beer there too - also not allowed.

If there were no 'assault' weapons available to the general public regardless of which state they reside then one couldn't have been used in California.

If I ramble - I'm drinking tons of beer tonight. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

State laws appear to be ineffective.

Read a fair number of incredibly interesting investigative journalist articles and reports on gun laws in states. Criminals will often just travel to neighboring states that have lax gun laws and bring them back to theirs, to sell or for personal use.

Though we all already know America won't do a federal gun ban anytime soon, nor will there be a federal open carry - so just f*cking deal with it eh?

LifeWithScissors
  • LifeWithScissors

Veni Vidi Vici

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

Meh this doesn't surprise me anymore. It's happening a lot nowadays and doesn't shock me one bit.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 08:28)
loads of people are killed in L.A, about 300 yearly. How is this any different to those? The media isn't going to say sh*t, theypprobably hadn't even considered it.

Make that about 10,000 across the entire US yearly. Gee, I wonder what percentage of those are video-game-related.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:41 PM Edited by gtamann123, 08 June 2013 - 02:45 PM.

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 00:53)
QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 16:31)
QUOTE (lil weasel @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 00:21)
QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 23:46)
I'm surprised this hasn't turned to an all out gun debate already.

No need to debate it. California already has the gun bans. So it really couldn't have happened. It must be a fake, or slow news day.

Somebody just wandered onto a movie set, and wigged out.

Yeah you're right. Strict gun laws prevent gun violence 100%!!! This must be fake!! biggrin.gif

I think his point is, California has bans on assault weapons, and yet still this guy had one and used it.

Yeah I know what his point was. I was being sarcastic and pointing out how stupid people sound when they argue in favor of gun bans. Gun bans don't stop gun violence.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:14 AM

GTA won't get banned in the U.S. because THIS IS MURICA!

The only thing I see coming from this is another pointless gun debate. There's already a media spike in coverage of shootings so there's no reason to expect that to come from this.

There's something I don't understand here: Why does the Sandy Hook shooting remain relevant while these other school shooting stories bite the dust in under a week?

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:25 AM Edited by Valenta, 10 June 2013 - 01:34 AM.

Probably because of the circumstances and timing involved. And the fact that it is the 2nd deadliest massacre carried out by a single person and the second deadliest mass murder at an American elementary school in US history.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:33 AM

It's absolutely sickening how the political left are trying to use these shootings as political ammo for their gun-debate. I remember when the story first broke, this thing was on the national news before the death toll even hit one. It was blatantly a political move to cover this story while people are getting their heads blown off every day.

As for GTAV getting banned? Now that's funny (at least in America). The public went into an uproar back when III came out and threw somewhat of a fit when the Hot Coffee Mod went public. Other than that, no one important cares about banning GTA.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 01:14)
There's something I don't understand here: Why does the Sandy Hook shooting remain relevant while these other school shooting stories bite the dust in under a week?
Children, the alleged shooting of Children with an ‘assault rifle’. The Sandyhook people want to squash any investigation into the shooting. Because it was a pistol not an ‘assault rifle that was used. The Governor and the President pushed through legislation on ‘Assault Rifles’ and hi-cap magazines with the people thinking that the assault rifle (found in the kids automobile trunk) was used.
Knocking off a few adults and pre-adults isn’t much news after that.
QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 14:41)
Gun bans don't stop gun violence.
Gun bans would work. IF ALL the Guns were banned. And, all the Tech Schools had their machining tools removed.

Violent Video Games are needed by the Government to train our Drone Operators, to desensitize them for their remote control murders.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:57 AM Edited by rudy., 10 June 2013 - 03:02 AM.

The people who think "ban guns now!" need to understand that this is like trying to ban ABORTION in the USA (as in, utterly impossible to do so. Good luck trying to enforce such a ban), and are frankly deluding themselves due to the fact that just because something is passed into law does not make it concrete and ready to enforce (governments are not homogenous automatons, especially in somewhere like the USA). On the other end of the spectrum, the US seems to have a problem with Spree killings, and that is exacerbated to an extent by availability of firearms.

However, many of the perpetrators in these incidents appear to have mental health problems, so the problem with these shootings is more than just an issue with firearm availability.

The only thing that deserves a ban IN here is gun control debate!

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 03:11)
Violent Video Games are needed by the Government to train our Drone Operators, to desensitize them for their remote control murders.

I was actually going to send you a PM yesterday remarking on how despite our differences you'd made some pretty damn decent and thought provoking posts recently. Then I saw this. Which begs the question, exactly why do you think UAS operators need desensitising any more than any other member of the military? After all they're basically just pilots.

@Rudy. - I don't think anyone has ever suggested banning all weapons immediately as being a viable response to this kind of activity.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 11:33)
It's absolutely sickening how the political left are trying to use these shootings as political ammo for their gun-debate.

It's not that people hear of these events and go "ah-ha! finally an excuse to act on my arbitrary hatred of gun enthusiasts!" It's that these events happen and people logically conclude that unrestricted firearm access is empirically bad. I'm not really seeing why things like this shouldn't be used as "ammo."

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

Oh yeah, so, the conclusion news is the bikini girls in Santa Monica beach was shooting and bombed out by terrorist then die because terrorist shooting out Ak-47 then stick C4 bomb at her bikini then explode and her die, yeah? And also, the man die because he dancing in street and collide with plane then exploded? mercie_blink.gif

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Rizqan7 @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 14:44)
Oh yeah, so, the conclusion news is the bikini girls in Santa Monica beach was shooting and bombed out by terrorist then die because terrorist shooting out Ak-47 then stick C4 bomb at her bikini then explode and her die, yeah? And also, the man die because he dancing in street and collide with plane then exploded? mercie_blink.gif

I think it would be wise of you to think twice about the content and context of your posts in General Chat because the overwhelming majority of them are utterly incomprehensible, bordering on spam.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:42 PM Edited by canttakemyid, 10 June 2013 - 04:50 PM.

QUOTE (Melchior @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 02:47)
It's absolutely sickening how the political left are trying to use these shootings as political ammo for their gun-debate.

It's not that people hear of these events and go "ah-ha! finally an excuse to act on my arbitrary hatred of gun enthusiasts!" It's that these events happen and people logically conclude that unrestricted firearm access is empirically bad. I'm not really seeing why things like this shouldn't be used as "ammo."

Unrestricted firearm access? Did you pull that out of your ass? California has the strictest and most unreasonable gun laws in our nation.

These "events"...? Murders are routine in a nation with over 300 million people. Expecting otherwise is a pipe dream.

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 12:42)

Unrestricted firearm access? Did you pull that out of your ass? California has the strictest and most unreasonable gun laws in our nation.

These "events"...? Murders are routine in a nation with over 300 million people. Expecting otherwise is a pipe dream.

Here we go again...

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 02:42)

Unless I'm failing to understand you correctly, you're claiming that a) America has no problem with firearm violence and b) California has taken all possible measures to curb firearm violence.

...really?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users