Quantcast

» «
Photo

Shoot out in California (Santa Monica beach)

80 replies to this topic
RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

This would never effect V, Los Santos isnt Los Angeles. Thats a big reason Im sure they keep the names separate to avoid this kind of drama.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:20 AM

U r giving jack thompson and glenn beck huge f*cking boners

VLongo92
  • VLongo92

California Love. Show it.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:20 AM

Hardly a big deal. Only surprise is that its Santa Monica instead of Inglewood.

News is just slow so Fox blows it out of proportion.

waikzguy8998
  • waikzguy8998

Desert Rat

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:24 AM

Of course all the actors in Hollywood love to jump on the bandwagon and blame GTA because it's the "trendy" thing to do at the time for them, like going green. Yet many of them are so quick to never point of thousands of their movies perpetuating extreme violence in far more severe forms than GTA and it's players could even fathom.

Take a look at society before blaming GTA. Most of us that enjoy GTA do it for a lil "stay-cation" now and then. We run around, explore, find new things, then we get back to our routines. It's not some d*** recruiting ground like those celebs claim it to be. They're just looking for someone to blame other than themselves.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (RedDragonsBOOM @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 06:18)
This would never effect V, Los Santos isnt Los Angeles. Thats a big reason Im sure they keep the names separate to avoid this kind of drama.

Doesn't matter. The cities are based on real ones.

The media will still have a go at GTA. At this point it's normal. People have been blaming GTA for a lot of sh*t that happens IRL. That's one reason it's become so well known.

Rockstar aren't gonna change sh*t in the game. Nothing is gonna happen.

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

I'm still amazed how much people talk about Jack Thompson like it's 2007 again. I don't even think the news networks talk about him as much as you guys do. Shut up already. The boogie man isn't under your bed anymore.
Here's something new. Nobody cares about GTA or videogames anymore. They moved on.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (.dre. @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 01:25)
I'm still amazed how much people talk about Jack Thompson like it's 2007 again. I don't even think the news networks talk about him as much as you guys do. Shut up already. The boogie man isn't under your bed anymore.
Here's something new. Nobody cares about GTA or videogames anymore. They moved on.

You need to go on vacation.

Wheres my damn tools.

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 05:28)
QUOTE (.dre. @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 01:25)

You need to go on vacation.

Wheres my damn tools.

I'm look at one.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

Yep. Ive been dinkin again

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:35 AM

You can bet there's going to be massive media hype (the anti-violent video game kind) just prior to and a while after GTA V is released, regardless of any noteworthy events (although expect Newtown, CT to get mentioned). Honestly I don't know why game companies even pay for marketing anymore; the news media probably gives them more exposure than the professional marketing people do.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

Call the ymca!

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

Well they will do one if enough people shout about how they are going to do one.

And stop drinking

Myrskalle
  • Myrskalle

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 03:59)
They can only blame sa not v, its not even out

Are you implying that these people need logic and reason in order to blame things so that they wont have to take responsibility for their own kids?

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:47 AM

Dem white boys had me on crystal meth

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:06 AM Edited by NateShaw92, 08 June 2013 - 06:08 AM.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 02:31)
This is exactly why cash (beyond coins) has to be outlawed. Only traceable credit card transactions. So the Governments can prevent people from going out of precinct to purchase unlawful items.

If you outlaw cash all that will do is make it so people will trade other things for what they want, i.e. bartering, which is what we humans did before cash, you remember right? (joke) it is also what people do in marketplaces in poorer countries. To be honest you Americans have a sorta similar thing going with pawn shops as well.
This is especially applicable when it comes to illegal transactions as they both don't want a paper trail. Transactions using physical matter is always going to exist and it is literally impossible to stop that.

Or they (customer and trader) can trade favours.
So given those 2 factors off the top of my head this idea of outlawing cash won't stop a thing in that respect.

Also if you accept coins, then you would get some maniac paying amounts like $100 in coins (to be honest, I would) which will piss off the vendors and probably lead to another gun murder (a joke as well, lighten the mood in this sad event)

CSM. HB J-DOGG
  • CSM. HB J-DOGG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

Sorry but a Ban on GTA in America will never happen due to it is against our 1st amendment Rights

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:45 AM Edited by Gtaghost22, 08 June 2013 - 06:48 AM.

QUOTE (trip @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 23:51)
QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 18:06)
Glad no one died this time, at least.
*waits for the inevitable Guns debate*

QUOTE (link title from front CNN article)
'Gun looked like an AR-15'

Call me a liberal, hippie, or whatever...but if the word 'Assault' is part of the name then it shouldn't really be available to the general public. I'm all for letting people have their guns. I don't even mind hunting(if you are cool about it). Maybe...just maybe...not all guns should be available to everyone. I want a RPG, but I don't think I can buy one at a local gun show.

As much of a bummer this news story is, sadly it isn't new.

I actually agree; I'm all for stricter gun laws. Not exactly sure why you thought I would be against it and/or call you a liberal, hippie etc.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 06:06)
QUOTE (lil weasel @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 02:31)
This is exactly why cash (beyond coins) has to be outlawed. Only traceable credit card transactions. So the Governments can prevent people from going out of precinct to purchase unlawful items.

If you outlaw cash all that will do is make it so people will trade other things for what they want, i.e. bartering, which is what we humans did before cash, you remember right? (joke) it is also what people do in marketplaces in poorer countries. To be honest you Americans have a sorta similar thing going with pawn shops as well.
This is especially applicable when it comes to illegal transactions as they both don't want a paper trail. Transactions using physical matter is always going to exist and it is literally impossible to stop that.

Or they (customer and trader) can trade favours.
So given those 2 factors off the top of my head this idea of outlawing cash won't stop a thing in that respect.

Also if you accept coins, then you would get some maniac paying amounts like $100 in coins (to be honest, I would) which will piss off the vendors and probably lead to another gun murder (a joke as well, lighten the mood in this sad event)

Eliminate the available paper ca$h money and the only the honest worker and business will have it.
Yes, the peons will trade service and tangible items.
But think about how Big Crime will 'trade' their 'drugs' or guns for service in kind smile.gif
How many pigs, chickens or roofing jobs per kilo of <whatever>?
Besides think of how taxing will be easier.
All labour will be credited to a Government (World Bank?) account. The Government will take its cut of taxes before you can get it on the Credit Card.
And, the 'new' Crime created will be scammers hacking the accounts. icon14.gif
Regarding coins... there used to be a Federal Law that limited the amount of coins that could be used in a legal transaction. (Like 24 pennies, et cetera.) Business isn't required to accept coins.
All sales of what might be contraband in another precinct would be reported to the purchasers home enforcement authority. Licenses issued for substances, like liquor. Imagine not just showing a Drivers License, you would have to have a Drinking License, Smoking License, based on DNA tests regarding susceptibility to disease (Cancer or addiction.) monocle.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 22:14)
Guns kill people[...]

No.

As Chris Tucker said, guns don't kill people, stupid motherf*ckers with guns kill people.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 22:14)
Guns kill people, but they also line pockets. The latter being the more important, this is not going to change anytime soon.

Guns don't kill people, the government does....

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 07:21)
Guns don't kill people, the government does....

The Government is the people...

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (CSM. HB J-DOGG @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 06:39)
Sorry but a Ban on GTA in America will never happen due to it is against our 1st amendment Rights

Yet your country has banned kinder surprise chocolates...

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

Kinder has what to do with free speech?

Oh, jack sh*t.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (UltimateVenom @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 07:52)

No gives a sh*t about those, if I want chocolate, i'll get a Snickers, Hersheys or something.

OT: GTA V will not get a ban, this has nothing to do with GTA V.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

Wouldnt get a ban at all....
Only thing that could happen is a delay. And only when it would happen near release. 9/11 was something bigger and GTA3 was delayed because ot it. At least I did read it somewhere

UltimateVenom
  • UltimateVenom

We are Vemon!

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 07:58)

No gives a sh*t about those, if I want chocolate, i'll get a Snickers, Hersheys or something.

OT: GTA V will not get a ban, this has nothing to do with GTA V.

nothing to do with GTA at all, and the fact you don't care is irrelevant.

It just goes to prove they can and will take things away from you if they desire. (especially if it can be blamed on the greater good)

I highly doubt GTA V will be banned, but you would be nave to think, they wouldn't or couldn't, if they had reason to.

Tobias_Rieper
  • Tobias_Rieper

Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

I have a feeling if, in the slim chances, GTA V ever were to get banned; that would seal the deal for the media to ask for more violence. Oh how the media would regret.

RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

That was NOT an issue of Free Speech. Children died by choking on the toys stuffed in the Kinder Surprise Eggs.

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

SA:LC Mod Leader

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Holy f*ck.. Santa Monica? Looks like someone couldn't wait for GTA 5.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (d3ex2 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 16:24)
QUOTE (RedDragonsBOOM @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 06:18)

Doesn't matter. The cities are based on real ones.

The media will still have a go at GTA. At this point it's normal. People have been blaming GTA for a lot of sh*t that happens IRL. That's one reason it's become so well known.

Rockstar aren't gonna change sh*t in the game. Nothing is gonna happen.

loads of people are killed in L.A, about 300 yearly. How is this any different to those? The media isn't going to say sh*t, theypprobably hadn't even considered it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users