Quantcast

» «
Photo

Shoot out in California (Santa Monica beach)

80 replies to this topic
Michaś
  • Michaś

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

user posted image

At least four people have been wounded in a shooting in the Santa Monica College area, California. The school is on lockdown and students are advised to stay away from the campus.

A “fully armed” suspect has opened fire at cars and a bus in the area, local police said. Witnesses reported hearing at least one shotgun blast and several handgun shots.

UCLA Medical Center officials confirm that two people have been hospitalized and are in critical condition, while one is in a serious but not life-threatening condition, CNN reports. The fourth victim of the shooting is in good condition.

One suspect has reportedly been detained in the school's library and taken into custody. The police are now checking reports of a possible second shooter.

"We are aware of at least one suspect, there may possibly be others," said California Highway Patrol Sgt. Denise Joslin.

Before the shooting spree the suspect reportedly set fire to a nearby house, tried to break into another and carjacked two vehicles. A Los Angeles fire official has confirmed that firemen found two bodies inside the burned home near the shooting scene. 

What is up with all these shootings lately?!

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

f*ckin A'. whatsthat.gif

I don't even......

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

Doesn't surprise me tbh. This is happening alot nowadays. At least no one has died...yet.

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

But-
Nevermind, I have no words for this sh*t. I can't even- meh.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 23:00)
Doesn't surprise me tbh. This is happening alot nowadays. At least no one has died...yet.

You say that, but the BBC mentioned that police are investigating whether it's linked to two bodies found in a burnt-out property and another individual found dead in a car. Source.

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

I hope those injured manage to pull through. These shootings are really getting out of hand in terms of frequency. By the looks of it, there doesn't seem to be any real motive for the attack other than some criminal's crime spree.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:06 PM

Glad no one died this time, at least.
*waits for the inevitable Guns debate*

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

One person has been confirmed dead.

http://www.cnn.com/2...nman/index.html

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:14 PM Edited by Raavi, 07 June 2013 - 10:28 PM.

Guns kill people, but they also line pockets. The latter being the more important, this is not going to change anytime soon.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

How long is this going to go on? There's literally shootings everywhere and almost frequently now confused.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

Pretty crazy listening to the witnesses, some were saying the gunman didn't look like he was trying to kill a bunch of people, which would account for the low number of killed and wounded. He was supposedly shooting into the air for the most part. My guess is that he wanted death by police.

Pansy.
  • Pansy.

COYP!

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

Sounds like he was just a nutcase.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

By the end of the year we are going to have to wear a bulletproof vest each time we go outside if this stuff keeps going at this rate. It isn't shocking anymore though. WTF is wrong with people?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:28 PM

To be fair, I think the only reason this is being blown out of proportion is because the president was a few miles away at the time.

Anyone ever hear of the 2011 Seal Beach Massacre? A derange man took his guns and shot 9 people at a salon, 8 of the 9 died, including his wife who worked at the salon. Then the prick pleaded not guilty. What a f*cker.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

Local police are now saying 6 dead. 2 in the house, 3 died at the scene in the streets, and 1 died from wounds at the hospital.

EDIT: sh*t, double post. Sorry.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Long Live The Established Hierarchy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

I'm surprised this hasn't turned to an all out gun debate already.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 18:06)
Glad no one died this time, at least.
*waits for the inevitable Guns debate*

QUOTE (link title from front CNN article)
'Gun looked like an AR-15'

Call me a liberal, hippie, or whatever...but if the word 'Assault' is part of the name then it shouldn't really be available to the general public. I'm all for letting people have their guns. I don't even mind hunting(if you are cool about it). Maybe...just maybe...not all guns should be available to everyone. I want a RPG, but I don't think I can buy one at a local gun show.

As much of a bummer this news story is, sadly it isn't new.

Captain VXR
  • Captain VXR

Now Captain Lion.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

Another day, another US shooting...
RIP to the victims.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:21 AM Edited by lil weasel, 08 June 2013 - 12:24 AM.

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 23:46)

No need to debate it. California already has the gun bans. So it really couldn't have happened. It must be a fake, or slow news day.

Somebody just wandered onto a movie set, and wigged out.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

6 people have been confirmed to be killed in the shooting including the shooter.

As many as six people have been killed in a shooting rampage in Santa Monica, California, that ended Friday in the library of Santa Monica College with the suspected gunman also dead. Police Chief Jacqueline Seabrooks said there was as many as six incidents across the city, culminating at the college.

user posted image

user posted image

R.I.P to the victims.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Long Live The Established Hierarchy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 00:21)

No need to debate it. California already has the gun bans. So it really couldn't have happened. It must be a fake, or slow news day.

Yeah you're right. Strict gun laws prevent gun violence 100%!!! This must be fake!! biggrin.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 16:31)
QUOTE (lil weasel @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 00:21)

Yeah you're right. Strict gun laws prevent gun violence 100%!!! This must be fake!! biggrin.gif

I think his point is, California has bans on assault weapons, and yet still this guy had one and used it.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 20:53)
I think his point is, California has bans on assault weapons, and yet still this guy had one and used it.

Honest I don't want to turn this into a gun topic. I'm pretty sure most around here who have been in gun debates on GTAF may know that I don't participate.

I'm a huge fan of how our government is set up with how it works in the whole trickle down/tiered way. State bans on guns is kind of pointless since we are able to move through the country state to state without hassle.

I used to drive 20 minutes away from my house to buy cigarettes in a different state because there is no sales tax(and smokes were cheap) in Delaware. It was illegal for me to do that since I had over the allowed 2 cartons as I crossed the border. Oh oh and I also would pick up beer there too - also not allowed.

If there were no 'assault' weapons available to the general public regardless of which state they reside then one couldn't have been used in California.

If I ramble - I'm drinking tons of beer tonight. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (trip @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 01:21)
QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 20:53)

Honest I don't want to turn this into a gun topic. [...] I don't participate.

I'm a huge fan of how our government is set up with how it works [...]
I used to drive 20 minutes away from my house to buy cigarettes in a different state because there is no sales tax(and smokes were cheap) in Delaware. It was illegal for me to do that since I had over the allowed 2 cartons as I crossed the border. Oh oh and I also would pick up beer there too - also not allowed.

This is exactly why cash (beyond coins) has to be outlawed. Only traceable credit card transactions. So the Governments can prevent people from going out of precinct to purchase unlawful items. Connecticut for instance has 'undercover' cops stationed out of state to report back unlawful purchases, then the State Troopers can stop and search (with probable cause) Connecticut vehicles returning with contraband.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 21:31)
This is exactly why cash (beyond coins) has to be outlawed. Only traceable credit card transactions. So the Governments can prevent people from going out of precinct to purchase unlawful items.

What? Where is that happening? Cash has been outlawed? I didn't get the memo. How am I suppose to pay the nice Mexicans to trim my evergreen hedge?

Honest to goodness bottom line is we all know sh*t around the world is f*cked up. It always has been, and it always will be. Assault rifles or not there are always going to be freaks out there killing people for reasons most of us don't know and brains can't comprehend.

Toss in a global population that has doubled in nearly 50 years, sprinkle in a crazy new internet and information dispersal system, combine that with a slightly new and different 'news/journalism' mentality...and we hear about bad stuff so much everyday that is seems like it is around every corner....waiting to pounce.

michaelpece
  • michaelpece

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:34 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-22823290

I can see the headlines now.

Waddlguin3
  • Waddlguin3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:44 AM

Jack Thompson issue again. They're not going to do anything.

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

They can only blame sa not v, its not even out

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 03:59)

That's where the 'ban' parts come in, it's not out yet, so they hope to stop it.

Of course, games are constitutionally protected, so no one can/will do sh*t. Useless topic.

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (Masterfocker @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 04:00)
QUOTE (MrSpooge @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 03:59)

That's where the 'ban' parts come in, it's not out yet, so they hope to stop it.

Of course, games are constitutionally protected, so no one can/will do sh*t. Useless topic.

They'd have to pay rockstar a boat load of money, then they'd better leak it to pc and Xbox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users