Is it worng to value your pets life,

41 replies to this topic
LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

I see my cats as family though not just pets. If someone kicked her, i would be just as f*cked off, if not more so, than if someone beat up my brother.

Things like pets and friends, if you love them enough, they are just as important as family.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Big Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:05 PM Edited by Shenmue18, 08 June 2013 - 06:07 PM.

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 11:17)
QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 10:51)
Ugh, this reminds me of the type of people who treat their pets as their children, I cringe just thinking about it.

One lady actually came up to me in the subway and asked if I wanted to see her kids. Sure, I said. She whips out the old photo collection out of her purse.... It was photos of her dogs.

Trust me it's not like that. Kieko is ten pounds wet, and needs me to protect him from things bigger than he.
I don't have any desire to harm my niece, it was just a moment of bottled anger, but I do have a responsibility to make sure this creature who has put his trust in me, and given me his unconditional love is free of any worry or harm.

She takes his toys away from him, and when he goes to get them back she yanks them from his mouth as hard as possible. I've seen many dogs lose teeth this way.

She likes to smack him in the face, then press his head against the floor.

She grabs his tail and pulls him back when he tries to escape her terror.

She likes to take her feet and push him across the carpet, then she gets down on all fours and rams her head into his side.

@El Diablo: She has been told multiple times how to play with the dog, so that whole she's just a child thing your trying to play up does nothing for me. When I was 8 years old I didn't have the desire to bully things smaller than me. I think my nieces problem is that she is smaller than a lot of kids her age, and she has a power trip when she's in the presence of a smaller creature. I love her, but I refuse to let her terrorize my dog. Especially whens she has full knowledge and understanding that it is not only wrong, but evil.

@Shenmue18: Couldn't agree more.

That's f*cking inhumane, tell your sister that her niece needs to know that if she does sh*t like this to your poor dog anymore that there will be extreme punishment, (Like your sister could take away her favorite toy or certain privileges in response to her abusing YOUR dog.) especially when it's another person's dog, it's bad enough when kids treat their own animals like this, but to do it to another person's dog, it doesn't just show some type of weird enjoyment from causing things pain but also total disrespect and regardlessness to you for harming something that she knows you care for.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 09:14)
QUOTE (Typhus @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 11:35)
It's not normal and is a sign of sociopathy.

I don't think so. Anyone would react seeing something helpless getting attacked. There's nothing that angers me more than animal abuse, and most people react the same.

My thoughts exactly.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

I'd say it's more inhumane to care about a stranger who you have no emotional connection to more than a loved family pet, your neice was being a silly little kid but she is family after all. but no family pet will likely abuse her to treat her like that so it's natural you feel annoyed by her lack of awareness.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

I thought it was mutilating animals at an early age that was a sign of sociopathy, not caring for them.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 19:38)

I thought it was mutilating animals at an early age that was a sign of sociopathy, not caring for them.

Showing empathy for animals but being detached from humans is a sign of sociopathy as well.
Both excessive cruelty and affection for them are both bad signs, apparently.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 16:25)
She's has played with my bulldog Max before and didn't try to pull any of this sh*t on him, but because Kieko is small she's treating him like an action figure.

That statement made me furious inside. I'd separate the two of them at all times if possible.

markwey
  • markwey

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

@UrbanTheEmcee: Tell her straight that an animal is not a toy and should be treated with loving care and respect.
And be strict and serious about it.
I wouldn't personally let any of that sh*t happen in the first place.

Woody510
  • Woody510

salubrious

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

How many of you had to put down processed meats and things made with animal bi-products to express your opinion that you find someone playing a bit too rough with a dog inhumane? Pumping chickens full of hormones, cutting off their beaks and talons, and forcing them to live in the dark for the entirety of their short lives isn't inhumane enough for you to procure your own food so as not to support and essentially fund it, yet you have the gall to sit and support slapping a child in the face over a little roughhousing? What a bunch of self-righteous pieces of sh*t.

I'm by no means an animal rights activist, in fact I'm an avid hunter,I just hate people who claim the moral highground, only to turn a blind eye when it means they can't eat chicken nuggets.

The bottom line here is that your sister is a sh*tty parent. Your issue should be with her, not your niece.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 10:17)
I love her, but I refuse to let her terrorize my dog.

yeah that's fine.

but I'm just saying: if your first instinct was to smack this little girl in the face and yell at her, then you're not prepared to be a parent tounge2.gif
at least not anytime soon.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:43 AM Edited by Chukkles, 09 June 2013 - 05:50 AM.

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 00:29)
I know exactly the feel. Only rather than a dog it is rabbits which are much more fragile. We have a PVC pipe that they run through, or squeeze rather, they don't really fit anymore because they've gotten fat. We had family friends over not long ago and they have children who are 7y.o. And 4y.o. and they treat the rabbits like their toys. If I had a dollar for every time they shoved an unwilling rabbit down that PVC pipe I'd be a rich man. Only reason I didn't go off at them is because I'm 15 and their mother was right their, not giving two sh*ts about their traumatising of our rabbits.

Don't be scared to shout at someone else's kids if they are misbehaving and the mother doesn't give a sh*t.

Yell at the kids and then the mother.

Over the past year my family adopted our late grandmothers cat. I very quickly formed a bond with her and even though I know she wouldn't let you do something she's not happy with, I'd kick anyone's ass for f*cking with her, (typed that very carefully).

I'm not sure if I'm so attached because she is a living memory of my nan, or, nah f*ck it she's an awesome cat, love you nan.

@OP, surely you can tell your own sister you're not comfortable with how the kid treats your pet. Or even tell the kid, (the dog doesn't like that so don't do it).
There's always a way to say things firmly but nicely.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

Dog is afterall, Man's best friend, So I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users