Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is it worng to value your pets life,

41 replies to this topic
UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

My 8 year old niece was playing with my dog Kieko who is a poodle mix, and she wouldn't stop rough housing him. I told her to stop two times before I went off on her. She's has played with my bulldog Max before and didn't try to pull any of this sh*t on him, but because Kieko is small she's treating him like an action figure. I'm fortunate that my sister was present, because that's the only thing that held me back from slapping the living sh*t out of her.

My thoughts went to a dark place, and my inside voice was telling me to land my fist square in her chest. I'm not proud of this moment, and the only reason I'm sharing it is to see if anyone else cares for their pets on such a level as I do.

p.s. I love my niece, and would give her the shirt on my back, but in that moment I found out how much I love my dogs.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

I'm a bit mad at your sister for letting it happen.

And talk about coincidence. I just finished reading some pics to bump the pets topic with. biggrin.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

I know exactly the feel. Only rather than a dog it is rabbits which are much more fragile. We have a PVC pipe that they run through, or squeeze rather, they don't really fit anymore because they've gotten fat. We had family friends over not long ago and they have children who are 7y.o. And 4y.o. and they treat the rabbits like their toys. If I had a dollar for every time they shoved an unwilling rabbit down that PVC pipe I'd be a rich man. Only reason I didn't go off at them is because I'm 15 and their mother was right their, not giving two sh*ts about their traumatising of our rabbits.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 19:29)
I know exactly the feel. Only rather than a dog it is rabbits which are much more fragile. We have a PVC pipe that they run through, or squeeze rather, they don't really fit anymore because they've gotten fat. We had family friends over not long ago and they have children who are 7y.o. And 4y.o. and they treat the rabbits like their toys. If I had a dollar for every time they shoved an unwilling rabbit down that PVC pipe I'd be a rich man. Only reason I didn't go off at them is because I'm 15 and their mother was right their, not giving two sh*ts about their traumatising of our rabbits.

Some people just don't care, and have a God complex when it comes to something smaller than them.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

It's not normal and is a sign of sociopathy.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:36 AM

Any one who values animals over a human being is messed up in the head. I'm not saying that this applies to this situation exactly because I would get pissed too if some little girl was beating up my dog. But I wouldn't care so deeply as to want to assault her over it. (Ps. I have no dogs I was talking hypothetically) it's a dog, get over it. You're nieces life is 1000000x more valuable than the dogs.

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 00:36)
Any one who values animals over a human being is messed up in the head. I'm not saying that this applies to this situation exactly because I would get pissed too if some little girl was beating up my dog. But I wouldn't care so deeply as to want to assault her over it. (Ps. I have no dogs I was talking hypothetically) it's a dog, get over it. You're nieces life is 1000000x more valuable than the dogs.

Ignore this guy. Your niece is a piece of sh*t, there's no other way of saying it. Kill her, and use the drug money to buy your dog a fancy new leash.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 19:35)

In my Michael voice, "I wouldn't say that."

On a serious note, I'm not proud of this moment, but it did provoke thought. Made me take a look at myself and what I value. I value my nieces life, but in that moment I saw her as a deviant, and I a protector.

Thamuz
  • Thamuz

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:43 AM Edited by Thamuz, 08 June 2013 - 12:45 AM.

When I see small dogs like poodles, chiwawas and so on, I want to pick them up and bite their heads off, just to see the reactions of their owners. biggrin.gif

Though I have yet to act on this impulse.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Thamuz @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 19:43)
When I see small dogs like poodles, chiwawas and so on, I want to pick them up and bite their heads off, just to see the reactions of their owners. biggrin.gif

Though I have yet to act on this impulse.

I had an unfortunate reaction to a family member harming my dog, so I think it would be wise for you to stay away from the east side of Indianapolis, Indiana.

WhitValid
  • WhitValid

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:48 AM

Is it wrong to value a pet's life more than a family member's?
No. What IS wrong is to assume that just because you're unfortunately "related" to somebody because the blood line is in closer proximity that you should value them anymore than any other person. I don't see most of my family. I finally realized that because I hate them I don't have to waste my time anymore! If you wouldn't hang out with these people or value them or love them if they were NOT this "family" that we all have been brainwashed into believing is so important, then stop hanging out with them.

You have very little time. Don't waste it on losers.

My dog is wonderful smile.gif

Thamuz
  • Thamuz

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 00:48)

I had an unfortunate reaction to a family member harming my dog, so I think it would be wise for you to stay away from the east side of Indianapolis, Indiana.

Hah, no need to be afraid, I won't bite your dogs head off, I just don't like small dogs biggrin.gif

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:29 AM Edited by Shenmue18, 08 June 2013 - 02:34 AM.

Nothing wrong with that to me, I love my dog and if my little step brother or niece or nephew hit my dog or was generally mistreating the animal, they'd probably get screamed at, and in the case of my step brother, punched right in the face.

I generally feel that animals like cats and dogs are more innocent and whether they are mean or nice is completely dependent on how the owner trains them to be, some people are just born rude and obnoxious, like a lot of the people I've known since they were very young.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:33 AM

Nah it's normal.

If someone harmed my dog, especially a stranger I would go off on them without giving it a second thought. I get really protective when it comes to animals, especially my dog and cat.

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 02:33)
Nah it's normal.

If someone harmed my dog, especially a stranger I would go off on them without giving it a second thought. I get really protective when it comes to animals, especially my dog and cat.

Same here. I get very protective of my dogs and if somebody outside of family harmed them, I would go through them.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 11:35)

I don't think so. Anyone would react seeing something helpless getting attacked. There's nothing that angers me more than animal abuse, and most people react the same.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

Yes.
I don't even like dogs, really.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

so an 8 year old girl played a little "rough" with your dog and the only thing that stopped you from slapping her in the face was the presence of another adult?

I'm gonna' go ahead and say that this might be less about loving your pets and more about you being a little immature and/or having anger issues.
you're talking about an 8 year old kid. a child. someone else's child who is apparently not familiar with your pets.

you can't expect children to be anything short of childish and ignorant; because they're children.
sometimes they don't understand what they're doing. as the adult, your instincts should not be to "go off" on them or want to slap "the living sh*t" out of them.

something tells me that you're not ready for kids of your own...

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:55 AM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 08 June 2013 - 10:02 AM.

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 15:01)
Yes.
I don't even like dogs, really.

YOU don't like dogs; the OP does.

Dogs aren't manipulative scumbags like humans either. They're just pure, innocent, extremely loyal and loving creatures.

With that said, you can't blame your nephew either. She's just a child. Teach her. Advice her.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

No problem at all. I have a dog named Piattos and I value love for her as well like my own girlfriend.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (ExtremeLimitations @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 23:38)
No problem at all. I have a dog named Pitatos and I value love for her as well like my own girlfriend.

Should have switched a letter in your dogs name.

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:12 PM Edited by Markwey, 08 June 2013 - 01:51 PM.

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 21:33)
Nah it's normal.

Agreed.

I generally feel that animals like cats and dogs are more innocent and whether they are mean or nice is completely dependent on how the owner trains them to be, some people are just born rude and obnoxious, like a lot of the people I've known since they were very young.

Agreed with this too.

I love animals, and I only do like certain people in my life, like my family and friends.
I personally, when it comes to people try to be nice and fair with them and all that, but that's not always possible.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

I love animals as much as the next guy (who does), if I had a dog I wouldn't let any human to harm him, family or not, I wouldn't go as far as to punch the living sh*t out of my niece, but a nice slap on the hand to stop it would be fine, if repeated, a kick towards the mars will do.

I sometimes value animals more than humans, God I am horrible.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 00:40)
QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 00:36)

Ignore this guy. Your niece is a piece of sh*t, there's no other way of saying it. Kill her, and use the drug money to buy your dog a fancy new leash.

Why should he simply ignore me? He needs help if he is willing to harm his own niece over the life of some beast.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:36 PM Edited by Shenmue18, 08 June 2013 - 03:39 PM.

I wouldn't hit a young child (9 or under.) over hurting my dog the first time, however if I had to tell him or her 5-10 or more times then they might get a smack across the face because that means that they know it's wrong to hurt the animal but are doing it because they're enjoying it and finding it fun to harm something that is weaker then they are. If you can't agree that it's wrong for me to be pissed when a kid is finding it fun and enjoyable to harm my dog then you obviously have no compassion for any life that isn't human.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

Ugh, this reminds me of the type of people who treat their pets as their children, I cringe just thinking about it.

One lady actually came up to me in the subway and asked if I wanted to see her kids. Sure, I said. She whips out the old photo collection out of her purse.... It was photos of her dogs.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 10:51)
Ugh, this reminds me of the type of people who treat their pets as their children, I cringe just thinking about it.

One lady actually came up to me in the subway and asked if I wanted to see her kids. Sure, I said. She whips out the old photo collection out of her purse.... It was photos of her dogs.

Trust me it's not like that. Kieko is ten pounds wet, and needs me to protect him from things bigger than he.
I don't have any desire to harm my niece, it was just a moment of bottled anger, but I do have a responsibility to make sure this creature who has put his trust in me, and given me his unconditional love is free of any worry or harm.

She takes his toys away from him, and when he goes to get them back she yanks them from his mouth as hard as possible. I've seen many dogs lose teeth this way.

She likes to smack him in the face, then press his head against the floor.

She grabs his tail and pulls him back when he tries to escape her terror.

She likes to take her feet and push him across the carpet, then she gets down on all fours and rams her head into his side.

@El Diablo: She has been told multiple times how to play with the dog, so that whole she's just a child thing your trying to play up does nothing for me. When I was 8 years old I didn't have the desire to bully things smaller than me. I think my nieces problem is that she is smaller than a lot of kids her age, and she has a power trip when she's in the presence of a smaller creature. I love her, but I refuse to let her terrorize my dog. Especially whens she has full knowledge and understanding that it is not only wrong, but evil.

@Shenmue18: Couldn't agree more.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

Well in that case I wouldn't let the two near each other, isn't that pretty much čmmon sense? Keep them separate and boom! Ehagyhayawhag you have no more problem! *in my Frank Caliendo John Madden voice lol

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

Animals are cooler than humans, so yes it is normal.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

No. Some family members are douches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users