» «
Photo

A customized station on the radio?

21 replies to this topic
BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:56 PM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 08 June 2013 - 03:00 AM.

I haven't heard anything on the radio yet besides the names of some songs that will be played. Do you think we'll be able to play custom music on the radio? What I mean is the ability to add songs rom your HD to a custom slot on the radio station list. It would function just like any other radio station s in play all the songs randomly. If not then it would be cool if we could at least go to a radio store ingame and buy singles to add to the custom slot. I just want to hear my personal music coming from the car speakers while cruising in my pimped out rides. cool.gif Thoughts?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

Hasn’t it been so since SA?

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members

Wait for the PC version. It has Independence FM

MetalMilitia
  • MetalMilitia

Dimebag

• Members

i really would like to see that option..

Slayer 24/7 xD

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

I don't know about console versions, I think they didn't have it so far, or maybe did in IV. PC version had that since III.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

I love that idea. It would be such a simple thing to add to the game.

LibSity
  • LibSity

Genetically Superior

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:38 PM

I think they want us to listen to the soundtrack. You can always plug your iPod/phone to your console and play music over the sounds of the game. You'd just have to use subtitle though. I don't really like that idea, but I think that's the closest thing to what you are saying.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

lel no, the closest thing to what he's saying is INDEPENDENCE FM ;D

Being able to listen to your own music on the radio in GTA, it's just one of the advantages you have with the PC version besides modding, better graphics, smoother handling and the social club video editor

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Hated. Adored. Never Ignored.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

Adding your own music on FIFA games (on consoles) has been around since FIFA 10/11. It works without a problem.
If f*cking EA can do something without a problem then Rockstar can do it easily, no doubt.

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:05 AM

^ ^
I agree. If I'm not mistaken you could go to radio stores and buy songs to play in your car in SR1. That was in 2006. lol Not sure why R* hasnt picked up on this yet. Hopefully we'll get it in V.

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:28 AM

I don't understand why they really don't. Honestly it'd attract more buyers and take nothing away from the game, at all. Why cant they have a radio station called custom cd with just your personal 30 odd tunes, I'd like to hear another persons opinion on why they wouldn't add this so I can understand myself why, not the stupid reason that we wouldn't listen to these stations though because we would

Anonamix
  • Anonamix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

I remember when Vice city was ported for xbox.. It had a radio station logo that resembled a cassette tape. It played the music on your hard drive. A parody of pandora would be cool to incorporate user playlists.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 15:44)

Being able to listen to your own music on the radio in GTA, it's just one of the advantages you have with the PC version besides modding, better graphics, smoother handling and the social club video editor

That advantage also appeared on the Xbox versions of San Andreas, Vice City and III as well. Well at least San Andreas, but I'm fairly certain it was in VC and III as well.

So it can happen on the consoles as well (And has on several 360 and PS3 games this generation), I don't see why some PC players are so objectional about it from what I've seen, not saying you personally are, but I've seen some moaning about that it'd take away from the PC version experience, god forbid other people get features right?

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 03:52)

That advantage also appeared on the Xbox versions of San Andreas, Vice City and III as well. Well at least San Andreas, but I'm fairly certain it was in VC and III as well.

So it can happen on the consoles as well (And has on several 360 and PS3 games this generation), I don't see why some PC players are so objectional about it from what I've seen, not saying you personally are, but I've seen some moaning about that it'd take away from the PC version experience, god forbid other people get features right?

Ha I totally hear ya. I'm all for equality believe me. All platforms should be treated equally and have all features etc....but that just isn't how it is. I Just said it like that because many CONSOLE owners talk like their platform is so much better than the PC and I have seen many console dudes laughing at PC owners due to the wait for the PC release. Many also said they'd hope that PC never got released. I then thought a little and came to the conclusion that there's only one advantage to consoles while PC has several advantages to it. Of course I don't have a problem with that since I own a PC. Console dudes might stop laughing when reading this. And ask themselves how come their platform's release isn't as fleshed out as the PC release. Apparently R* loves PC and only likes consoles for the money. I can totally understand that btw.

the advantages: I don't know where that post of mine went (mods delete posts/threads without asking and the content is gone forever) but here's what I've come up with. And thes are facts. #FACTS

console pros:
-games released day 1

console cons:
-medium graphics
- no Independence FM
- no modding
- no video editor

PC cons:
- games released later

PC pros:
- better graphics
- modding
- video editor
- Independence FM

PC cons:
- games released later

there it is again. maybe this time it'll stay

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Hated. Adored. Never Ignored.

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 20:32)
QUOTE (Mr.c TO the J @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 03:52)

Ha I totally hear ya. I'm all for equality believe me. All platforms should be treated equally and have all features etc....but that just isn't how it is. I Just said it like that because many CONSOLE owners talk like their platform is so much better than the PC and I have seen many console dudes laughing at PC owners due to the wait for the PC release. Many also said they'd hope that PC never got released. I then thought a little and came to the conclusion that there's only one advantage to consoles while PC has several advantages to it. Of course I don't have a problem with that since I own a PC. Console dudes might stop laughing when reading this. And ask themselves how come their platform's release isn't as fleshed out as the PC release. Apparently R* loves PC and only likes consoles for the money. I can totally understand that btw.

the advantages: I don't know where that post of mine went (mods delete posts/threads without asking and the content is gone forever) but here's what I've come up with. And thes are facts. #FACTS

console pros:
-games released day 1

console cons:
-medium graphics
- no Independence FM
- no modding
- no video editor

PC cons:
- games released later

PC pros:
- better graphics
- modding
- video editor
- Independence FM

PC cons:
- games released later

there it is again. maybe this time it'll stay

I'll take a day one release over all that other crap icon14.gif

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (MetalMilitia @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 22:59)
i really would like to see that option..

Slayer 24/7 xD

Hell yeah. RIP Jeff Also, I like your signature. \m/

OT: I know it's kind of far fetched but maybe we can get on our iFruit and have an mp3 downloader or something and then it would connect to the internet (real internet) then we can download whatever song we want.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

It CAN be done, Rockstar just choose not to do it, they save it for the PC version so people can act amazed like they're getting a new feature that can't be done on consoles.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 18:38)
I'll take a day one release over all that other crap icon14.gif

Lol'd. Good things take a while. And the best is saved for last they say aswell icon14.gif

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 18:59)
It CAN be done, Rockstar just choose not to do it, they save it for the PC version so people can act amazed like they're getting a new feature that can't be done on consoles.

Agree with Ash. But the necessity of such station is not really R* priority

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 19:12)
QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 18:59)

Agree with Ash. But the necessity of such station is not really R* priority

So R* is not bringing Independence FM to consoles so that people on PC can act amazed they're getting a new feature? (never met those people btw) Well, sounds legit....NOT. Seriously I don't know why Independence FM isn't or hasn't been available to consoles throughout, anyhow I didn't think of it as something that can only be done on my sooo superior PC....I actually thought this was available to consoles aswell. I was told differently like a month ago or so

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (LibSity @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 23:38)
I think they want us to listen to the soundtrack. You can always plug your iPod/phone to your console and play music over the sounds of the game. You'd just have to use subtitle though. I don't really like that idea, but I think that's the closest thing to what you are saying.

Good idea, but unfortunately it's just not the same as actually hearing the song in-game. I'm really hoping Rockstar does give us a custom radio feature. They'll probably make it PC-exclusive though.

Kendrick Lamar
  • Kendrick Lamar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Since all players will have an "Ifruit" phone, which is GTA Vs version of an Iphone. As a part of the apps that we will get acces to, it would be very likely that we would also be able to go on "Ifruit, Itunes" and listen to songs that we chose. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users