30 replies to this topic
Shmoopy
  • Shmoopy

Thug (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hi ,

I know that this is a suggestion but it will improve the modification a lot , since you will be able to use your mouse to navigate the menu and lists of skins/cars ect...

So here is an exemple that i've made :

user posted image

Plus the texture is located and loaded from the Gta user interface directory icon14.gif

So , what's your OP ? monocle.gif

Terano
  • Terano

Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

Yeh! its possible but i dont think so that interface is not come in v8 but may
be possible in v9 or v10

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

Why it wouldn't be possible in V8? Developing on the next version isn't even started.

OT: Can you upload some more pictures? I want to see what else can this feature do. Will it make browsing cars or objects faster?

Shmoopy
  • Shmoopy

Thug (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

Yes , a list with all the animations,skins and cars with a slider and all that stuff .

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

You got my support!

Chips237
  • Chips237

Walking on sunshine

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

Supported, but it would be very hard to script.

NexusUndead
  • NexusUndead

Not Forum Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (Chips237 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 09:48)
Supported, but it would be very hard to script.

It's actually almost the same, it's just that need to make the arrow keys a mouse. like [if.button.getdown.mouse= gui texture] something like that, if they use Java

Terano
  • Terano

Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

i am with chips

a big change in interface will made more and more bugs
so i think dyom developers should to make direct
keyboard shotcuts...

VergilDD
  • VergilDD

One Failure is the Gateway to many Victories!

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:19 AM Edited by VergilDD, 21 June 2013 - 04:25 AM.

Look below comment.

VergilDD
  • VergilDD

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:22 AM

Coooool! Awsome! I may help if i knew scm scripting, sad.gif but i may help you in any other way! smile.gif

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:32 PM Edited by Target13, 24 June 2013 - 04:42 PM.

I Prefer this instead of the Interface we have now. I Mean faster Actor/Car browsing!
And instead of using the GTA3.img Names for the Skins instead they could take the time to
rename all the skins (Example: copla Becomes LS Police.

EDIT: However the problem is the 'Mouse'. Many players use
the 'Mouse+Keys' Setting & if you use the mouse to select
things that also means that you are rotating the Camara.

Know What I Mean?

Shmoopy
  • Shmoopy

Thug (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Target13 @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 16:32)
I Prefer this instead of the Interface we have now. I Mean faster Actor/Car browsing!
And instead of using the GTA3.img Names for the Skins instead they could take the time to

Know What I Mean?

No the camera doesn't rotate , its easy to script but takes so much time

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Fable11 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 17:31)
QUOTE (Target13 @ Monday, Jun 24 2013, 16:32)

Know What I Mean?

No the camera doesn't rotate , its easy to script but takes so much time

So, When the menu is open then the Camara Rotation disables until the menu closes?
Nice.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

When will you release this? I want some facilitating while browsing objects, cars, actors and animations.

Shmoopy
  • Shmoopy

Thug (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

Actually i cant release it without permission , but im planning on making a new Mission Maker from scratch with the User Interface , i'll release it maybe at the end of july

Rosilna
  • Rosilna

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:56 AM

Oh reallh
are you going to release your own mission making mod?

Yezz007
  • Yezz007

Name is Bond, James Bond

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (Fable11 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 03:48)
Actually i cant release it without permission , but im planning on making a new Mission Maker from scratch with the User Interface , i'll release it maybe at the end of july

this cool UI is better for DYOM, making a new Mission Maker is not a good idea, everyone use DYOM.
Have you asked for permission?

NexusUndead
  • NexusUndead

Not Forum Leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (Yezz007 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 03:48)
QUOTE (Fable11 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 03:48)
Actually i cant release it without permission , but im planning on making a new Mission Maker from scratch with the User Interface  , i'll release it maybe at the end of july

this cool UI is better for DYOM, making a new Mission Maker is not a good idea, everyone use DYOM.
Have you asked for permission?

If it uses menu like that, it might be better in navigation, maybe not in features though.

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

That sarcastic asshole you all have grown to love.

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

Not supported. Would make it harder to design. Selecting stuff with keyboard without having to move to your mouse is much easier.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

I fully agree that such an interface looks more attractive and might even help design missions faster.
But there are several reasons that we kept the UI part as simple as possible, some of the most iportant being:
1) We want DYOM easy to install/remove. We achieve this by having it as a pure SCM script mod, using the MPACK system. If we added fancy textures and such, this would not work anymore.
2) Codesize for SCM mod is limited by the engine, and we're already very close to exhausting it.
3) The current menu's are native to the game engine, mouse based menu would have to be implemented fully in SCM, occupying scarse SCM code-space
4) The amount of work we can put in DYOM is limited. If we work on DYOM, we rather like to focus on features that add new gameplay elements than on eyecandy for the designer.
  • cyrilaeshell likes this

Shmoopy
  • Shmoopy

Thug (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (PatrickW @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 23:00)
I fully agree that such an interface looks more attractive and might even help design missions faster.
But there are several reasons that we kept the UI part as simple as possible, some of the most iportant being:
1) We want DYOM easy to install/remove. We achieve this by having it as a pure SCM script mod, using the MPACK system. If we added fancy textures and such, this would not work anymore.
2) Codesize for SCM mod is limited by the engine, and we're already very close to exhausting it.
3) The current menu's are native to the game engine, mouse based menu would have to be implemented fully in SCM, occupying scarse SCM code-space
4) The amount of work we can put in DYOM is limited. If we work on DYOM, we rather like to focus on features that add new gameplay elements than on eyecandy for the designer.

Yes you're right , i gave up after figuring out that it consumes alot of cpu and crashed the game often .

VergilDD
  • VergilDD

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

So, Is the project gonna close?

SirBowna HD
  • SirBowna HD

HD Member!

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (PatrickW @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 23:00)

Yeah, i agree with PatrickW . Its better to add more feature than work on the new interface. Because feature is more important.
  • cyrilaeshell likes this

Martin_GDF
  • Martin_GDF

Schizophrenic Bastard

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:45 AM

Awesome man, it's good for the next version, i think it will be faster than with keyboard!
Hope it's not hard to script...

Mariojav97
  • Mariojav97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by Mariojav97, 03 August 2013 - 01:05 AM.

I came up with new ideas for subsequent DYOM are simple ideas that could be used much. Here are my ideas:

1 - Items actors: he has an actor you can put an object, such as an actor can put a backpack (parachute) but that is only ornaments, and so have in your hand, a gun, it would be an enemy gun, or even a cigar in hand, or a bottle of beer, or even, to put something in your other hand, like a suitcase, items also as actor, bleed and facial expressions count (chewing gum, talking, etc..).

2 - text box: and when you start the game standard in gta san andreas, when you indicate that you step on the red bike that target, you can put a text box, like when you say "press the W to speed ".

3 - walking style: the player to change his style of walking, drunk, gangster, or normal person, even walk like a thief (in the mission when Colonel asaltas together has rayder when searching for Grove Street weaponry (Mission of the standard game)).

4 - out of the car for another purpose: when you go to a target, checkpoint by car, you can cut that goal, because, well, for example, you're serving a route checkpoints with the car, but that the last checkpoint is met a person, not that you need the car to meet the checkpoint (you can not in the current version of DYOM)

5 - menu of cheats: for example, when you start a mission, which by default can start with some cheats, for example, in the mission menu, select the cheats you can start (everyone attacks you, or all world are bands).

6 - more objects: it has a capacity of more objects if you can, and if not, well, who knows, but there are more objects as generating pump smoke (the smoke machine that appears in the nightclub, and had already suggested above) trash cans, wooden houses can be destroyed, those who find the way up the canyon desert (where toreno, gives you the mission to destroy some helicopters and no weapons boxes), and ornaments garbage, as you see in burger shot on the ground, leaves, trash, newspapers thrown, thrown pizza boxes, etc.. to perform as in catastrophe scenarios with rubbish lying on the floor, etc..

7 - player animations: as in the countdown goal, aside from this goal, there is another, but in this, not appear numbers, but the player freezes, and Realize an animation while it frozen.

and of course the things already suggested earlier:

-Reason to fail the mission
-Multiple targets
-False targets
-Power open all the doors of a car (trunk, door)
-Player fighting styles or actor (martial arts, boxing, etc..)
-Actors with two guns
-More animations like (within any home, if you get in the mission of thief, an animation like when you see the person sitting on the couch, or when the swat dare to attack when covered)
-Drive by the style of the mission where you attack aircraft to protect Zero antennas
- And the many other things that have been suggested

For some good mod, and well, sorry for my bad English and thanks for listening again.

Mariojav97
  • Mariojav97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

Well, not if this idea would help, but what about that to solve the problems that the engine capadicidad is created as 8 programs, (all are full DYOM) but each program, is 1 phase to manufacture mission so you can increase the chances, and not reach the limit of the capabilities, and to speak, these 8 programs, one program to add only objects, another program to increase the cars, one for the players, another for the player and options, etc.. and finally, in January to join the mission, well, I hope there is some value in this idea, sorry for my bad english, good luck and goodbye.

Dude1
  • Dude1

*Boom!!!* -Headshot!!!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Mariojav97 @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 18:25)
*ideas*

Man, you need to post your ideas in the ideas thread. Also, you need to understand, that not everything could be done in DYOM. If you want more features to your missions, then go learn how to script. Scripting is hard but once you get used to it it's easy. You just need ideas and how to release them in the script.

Mariojav97
  • Mariojav97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:34 AM Edited by Mariojav97, 10 August 2013 - 12:45 AM.

and what is man, write code to carry this reality is that it is difficult, I have the experience of how difficult it is, for example, game maker, is a program that simplifies programming, and if, despite being simplified, it is very difficult to make a small action, but hey, there's nothing wrong to dream a little, but hey, is that maybe the next version of DYOM, does not contain much of these ideas, but some of them may be possible, it it's not easy, but still DYOM can gradually evolve and come to be a program of official standards. Sorry for my bad English, Good Luck.

Martin_GDF
  • Martin_GDF

Schizophrenic Bastard

• Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:15 AM

Well... i don't know how to write codes in SCM Script, but i think it's really hard
But this is a good idea, and with some work from volunteers it may be working in a couple of months xD

MrMonster8
  • MrMonster8

GTA SA + DYOM + Any Game = Awesome MP

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Fable11 @ Tuesday, Jun 25 2013, 22:48)

Where is this???

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users