Dying Light

54 replies to this topic
Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Dying Light is set for release next year on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. According to the original announcement, it will feature "a game-changing day-night cycle" and be set in a "vast open world".

"During the day, players will traverse an expansive urban environment overrun by a vicious outbreak, scavenging the world for supplies and crafting weapons to defend against the growing infected population.

"At night, the hunter becomes the hunted, as the infected become aggressive and more dangerous. Most frightening are the predators which only appear after sundown. Players must use everything in their power to survive until the morning's first light."

Techland CEO Pawel Marchewka added: "The next-gen technology allows us to create a truly dynamic open world that features a game-changing day-night cycle. Inventive free running mechanics also allow for nearly unrestricted exploration and weapon-crafting to further enhance the action survival experience."

Some screenshots: http://www.pcgamer.c...land-developer/

It will be a mix of Mirror's Edge and Dead Island. I'm kinda tired of zombies, it seems like every developer needs to create a zombie-survival game to be complete.
What do you guys think? At least the trailer was great. icon14.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

I don't care about zombies at all. And the only games made by Techland that I enjoyed were Call of Juarez games, with the exception of Cartel of course.

If next gen is all about Call of Duty, zombie games and invasion of privacy then what's the f*ckin' point of gaming anymore?

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

Pretty sure that was all cinematic, so i'm not impressed, if it was gameplay i'd be impressed.

I find it ridiculous how i can view that video by clicking play on this page without signing in, but when i open the same video on youtube it asks me to sign in saying it may be inappropriate for some users.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

I'm sick of zombies. Truly, dreadfully sick of them and the vast litany of forgettable, trashy games that they inspire.
If this is what the next gen is going to be like - repeating the same sh*tty concepts over and over, then I'll be even less enthusiastic than I've been about the PS3's cataclogue of interchangeable sci-fi shooters - which hardly seems possible.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

hopefully not as sh*tty as dead island. dead island had an amazing trailer but guess how the game turned out?

Bobbin100
  • Bobbin100

I like trains. Do you?

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

CGI trailer is awesome, but sadly, the game won't run like this.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

I didnt really liked it...
To me it looks like one of these games which get an 70 Metascore when its released.

I like Zombies but with some parkour guys running around and searching for stuff while there is a rival group is just boring now...
and even for a CGI Trailer it didnt look that good... too much colors for a Zombie game

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

Oh golly! Another zombie game? I sure didn't see this one coming!

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:34 PM

As a parkour enthusiast and a zombie fan (still haven't had enough dosage of zombie games, probably 'cuz I'm picky), this game already sounds like something I'd pre-order. I can't wait to (hopefully) see more at E3, because this game already has loads of potential in my eyes.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

Great zombie experiance right now with state of decay, no need to wait for false hope.

State of Decay is a true survival experiance.
  • supanaut likes this

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:22 AM

Saw the reveal last night on GTTV, I am annoyed of CGI trailers but I think I saw a few screenshots a few weeks back on Gamespot and whether it was pre-rendered or not it looks pretty interesting and I'm not a huge fan of Zombies.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (Eagles @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 02:08)
it will feature "a game-changing day-night cycle"

That made me laugh. They can't have seriously said that can they?

Come on.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 01:35)
QUOTE (Eagles @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 02:08)
it will feature "a game-changing day-night cycle"

That made me laugh. They can't have seriously said that can they?

Come on.

Yes, if that's your selling point.
You're gonna have a bad time.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

Lol you guys lack the reading comprehension to understand the meaning behind that statement. They day/night cycle completely changes the gameplay, as zombies will become much more dangerous & powerful during night, as opposed to weak/docile during the day.

Its kinda sad that at this point, you guys are just trying to find a reason to hate zombie games.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 22:45)
The day/night cycle completely changes the gameplay, as zombies will become much more dangerous & powerful during night, as opposed to weak/docile during the day.

You say it like it hasn't been done in practically every zombie/monster based game ever.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 08:57)
The day/night cycle completely changes the gameplay, as zombies will become much more dangerous & powerful during night, as opposed to weak/docile during the day.

You say it like it hasn't been done in practically every zombie/monster based game ever.

Care to name some?

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

I recently started to love zombies more and more. I am very picky about zombie games, I want a zombie game that is an MMO, survival-based RPG zombie game with an open world... Am I too picky or are the devs too damn lazy to do it? My closest shot at the moment is DayZ. Gosh I can't wait to get a PC around September and I can't wait for the DayZ standalone.

Edit: I haven't seen the video yet, but if it qualifies with my needs, then it's a must buy. icon14.gif

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 22:59)

Care to name some?

All of them.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 16:24)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 22:59)

Care to name some?

All of them.

Invalid, I haven't played a zombie game yet that had differences in night and day time, name one specifically.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

Dead Rising.

Plus every other zombie game.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

Is it just me or is that bloke in the CG trailer a pretty obvious rip-off of Cole MacGrath's inFamous 2 rendition?

Similar yellow shirt, wears a holster-type thing on his back, and I'm sure that melee weapon he was carrying had electricity.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

I don't care for zombies either, but c'mon, I've been waiting forever for another Mirror's Edge!

HitPoint
  • HitPoint

<3

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:08 AM Edited by HitPoint, 06 August 2013 - 09:11 AM.

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 13:33)
Dead Rising.

Plus every other zombie game.

That is one game, would you kindly elaborate on which games because as far as I know there is only a couple that truly utilize a open world day and night system in a zombie apocalypse setting and even those games don't have a fully fleshed out system in place for day/night. If you're trying to troll at least put in the effort. sir.

Sorry for the necro, but I can't wait for this game on ps4 especially after seeing some of the new screenshots at E3.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

Anyone remember when zombies were actually scary?
What's that?
No?

Neither do I.

^State Of Decay^

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

Getting tired of all these zombie survival horror games, but hey, don't knock it 'till you've tried it.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

Definite buy from me, it's on PS3! I would've been pissed off if it was next gen exclusive.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:31 PM Edited by Werebot85, 01 February 2014 - 06:24 AM.

Ok, I'm not usually into zombie games, but I have to say Dying Light's got my attention. I think I will definitely be getting this one, looks awesome...

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

This game is nothing compared to dead rising 3.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:29 AM

This game looks seriously good imo. Here's a recent mission walkthrough....

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:59 AM

Lately I've been very skeptical about games in general and this one in particular. It looks good in the preview build but so many games look good when you watch a developer or journalist play them these days that it's hard to be sold just on that. Mainly because it seems like so many things that seem like dynamic events are really just semi-scripted things you only run into once or twice.

Plus zombie games all kind of play out the same way. DayZ is good because of there being other players both friendly and hostile there along with the survival aspects. Telltale's Walking Dead is good because it breaks the mold and tells an excellent story. Maybe Dying Light will have some feature that makes it a real standout for me but for now I'll focus my attention elsewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users