Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which GTA game is the best?

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Which GTA game do you think is the best one? (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Which GTA game do you think is the best one?

1. Grand Theft Auto (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Grand Theft Auto 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Grand Theft Auto III (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (1 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

5. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (10 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

6. Grand Theft Auto: Advance (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Grand Theft Auto: IV (6 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

10. Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned (1 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

11. Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Grand Theft Auto: V (8 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Active member since 10/10/2012.

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

The only reason I added Grand Theft Auto: V is simply becaue I want the poll to cover all the GTAs, including V.

So, what do you guys think? My personal favourite is V, even though it's not out yet.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Making the GTA V fanboys dance

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Delete 'V' since it isn't out yet. I know it looks cool and all, but it isn't fair to other GTA games. Anyhow, can't decide between VC and SA.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:35 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 07 June 2013 - 11:38 PM.

It really isn't that simple to compare all titles with each other because all of them differ a lot. You can discuss every single aspect of each GTA game and compare them, but even with the fact that some games don't have the features, or the amount of features or seem to be entirely different than some of the other games, it should not alter the way you think about it. You should not worry about what is not there, you should enjoy what is there.

GTA III for example seems to be a dull game with not-so-many features and that is the reason why there seem to be people who think that this game is one of the worst ones of the whole series. However, you cannot deny that it was great for its time and that it's a great game at its own. Not only brought it 3D to the series, it defined the openworld genre and it surely wouldn't be the same today without it. Besides that the storyline was actually pretty good if you think about it. A bank robber who was supposed to be sent to the prison and who is new to LC, and works his way up to the top to finally revenge what would've got him into the prison in the first place: [former] accomplice Catalina. I do love the dark atmosphere of the city and the game in general. I don't know what it exactly is, but it makes the game feel unique. I think that the radio-stations added a lot to it too. Pure nostalgia.

Vice City was released only a year after III and it was supposed to be an add-on for its predecessor, which wasn't the case in the end because of the very limited engine, and it did a good job if you consider that. The 80's feeling was well done, and even though the map was a bit small, although bigger than the 3D-era Liberty City, it was an interesting place to explore. Imagine to drive around with a classic chopper, listening to one of the radio-stations that contain some great soundtracks and just enjoy the atmosphere. In my opinion, the story was well done and I like it how you have the ability to buy properties and also shops to extend your business. It makes the game interesting and the more missions you do, the more curious are you about what happens next.

Although I'm someone who critices San Andreas, particulary because of the slightly messy storyline, it still did a number of things well. I'm not a fan of the gangsta theme but it was something new in the GTA series, because you did not only do work for some of the well-known gangs, you were even part of a gang! It was useful to recruit members of your own gang for example to expand 'your' territory. It would have been better if there would have been one big city and countryside, deserts and more areas, instead of three smaller cities combined with other areas, et cetera. But still, Los Santos was an interesting city, the gang wars were fun and the game as a whole was fun to mess around. I barely play San Andreas anymore but back then, when I used to play it more, I loved to drive with the Sanchez in the coutryside and in the desert, and did some stunts with it, for example. I'm not a huge fan of the soundtrack in this case, but I liked radio-stations such as KDST and Radio X. The game still has the biggest amount of vehicles and weapons out of all titles of the series.

GTA IV is the best GTA in my opinion. Exactly like GTA III, but also Vice City, the story was interesting, but in a new way; something that we haven't seen in any GTA yet. It had a lot more depth and the characters appeared to be more life-like. The mechanics, the new cover-system and the realistic handling of the vehicles are just a few of the several improvements of IV over the 3D-era GTAs. Also, I think that Rockstar did certainly a good job with the representation of New York. The gameworld is pure urban area and there are no surroundings whatsoever, but the fact that LC in IV looks a lot more like its real life counterpart than LC in GTA III, and the fact that the world as a whole appeared to be more alive, make everything up. You don't need a vast countryside to enjoy the game. If you are a city guy like me, then you will have no problem to enjoy it. Hell, you can enjoy it even if you live in the countryside. It depends on your preferences.

As for GTAV, I'm sure that the game is going to be great, everything I heard so far sounds great and it has the potential to be the best title of the series if you look at it as a whole. But I don't think you can include it in the poll just yet, because a videogame can look great in the pre-release time with the mass of info but the final game can be entirely different; in a positive but also in a negative manner. We will have to wait and see how it will turn out.

tl;dr: There isn't necessarily a 'best [GTA] game'. Everyone thinks different about it and it's all a question about your taste. If the storyline is important for you, then chances are that you will enjoy III, Vice City and GTA IV the most. If the only thing you want is the features and messing around, then chances are that you will enjoy San Andreas the most. Personally, I cannot decide which game is the best. But if I would have to decide, then IV and Vice City are the best titles, in my opinion. The story is very important for me, and as far as I can tell, it seems to play a big role in GTAV as well, which is another reason as to why it has the potential to be the best game. Who knows, it's possible that everyone will be pleasured with the newest installment...

BullyIstheBestRockstarGame
  • BullyIstheBestRockstarGame

Tony Prince is a Gay God

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

how can it be your favorite when its not even out yet. confused.gif but to answer the question my fav is IV.

OldSchoolGTAGamer
  • OldSchoolGTAGamer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

The fact that some people are saying that GTA 5 is their favorite is laughable.
It's not even released yet. Hell, we haven't even seen gameplay. Get a hold of yourselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users