» «
Photo

[IV/EFLC] California Coast

41 replies to this topic
stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:18 PM Edited by stilldre, 24 June 2013 - 08:24 PM.

user posted image

Hi, i'm back with something great this time. A map mod that is based on California Coast Road
with Cliffs, tight corners, tunnels, bridges and more!
As i'm working only in 3ds Max, by sweep'ing and working with editable poly's ( thanks to ParoXum's timelapse cliff tutorial )
i've managed to elevate my skills and bring something new that is close to GTA V's atmosphere.
Hope you'll enjoy the idea and map as i do, yet there is more to come! Estimated release date is somewhere mid summer icon14.gif

WIP Screens

My Main Website

My Facebook Page

Carrythxd
  • Carrythxd

GTA V :D

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:27 PM

Nice one dude!

insanegaz
  • insanegaz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

It's looking amazing so far colgate.gif

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

I grips Banana Clips with my Gorilla Palms

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

Dont forget to add the towns of Salinas and Santa Cruz tounge.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:04 AM Edited by stilldre, 07 June 2013 - 08:23 AM.

Nice one dude!

Thanks mates lol.gif

I'll add some small towns, but my map is more based on the Coast Road itself so you'll find here and there some stops and motels..
But don't expect me making the whole town or two biggrin.gif
I'm am keeping it Original though so it would look like the roadtrip from LA to SF icon14.gif

gonnaenodaethat
  • gonnaenodaethat

Yellow Car!!!

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

Very good subject for your new map.

Have just been hooring down the coast road in Grid 2 and I thought that if GTA V has the kind of vibe that Codemasters have nailed then September cannot come quick enough but now, thanks to yourself, we'll be able to experience it in GTA IV.

Have some biscuits sir cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

nine30
  • nine30

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

the more you make maps, the more you be the best...

I hope success for your map bro.

Put a lot of trees, rocks and bushes, this what we love details wink.gif

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 08:04)
Nice one dude!

Thanks mates lol.gif

I'll add some small towns, but my map is more based on the Coast Road itself so you'll find here and there some stops and motels..
But don't expect me making the whole town or two biggrin.gif
I'm am keeping it Original though so it would look like the roadtrip from LA to SF icon14.gif

alright. anyway, im not sure how the audio system works in IV but I did a few california radio stations for SA in mp3 format if your interested... one for LA, SF, and The 831 (central coast area code) if your interested tounge.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:53 PM Edited by stilldre, 23 June 2013 - 12:40 AM.

My NEW Main Website is now online!

Here you could find all the latest provided download links of my maps, gameplay videos, tutorials, faq and more!
So if you wanne stay tuned be sure you make it favorite in your browser, like my facebook page and subscribe on my youtube channel!

Peace happy.gif

Very good subject for your new map.
Have just been hooring down the coast road in Grid 2 and I thought that if GTA V has the kind of vibe that Codemasters have nailed then September cannot come quick enough but now, thanks to yourself, we'll be able to experience it in GTA IV.

I'm glad you like it, have also tryied this game is fun to race but not for drifting biggrin.gif

The more you make maps, the more you be the best...
I hope success for your map bro.
Put a lot of trees, rocks and bushes, this what we love details wink.gif

Thanks friend, ofcourse i try to be better every time and i have good vegetation i could use icon14.gif

Alright. anyway, im not sure how the audio system works in IV but I did a few california radio stations for SA in mp3 format if your interested... one for LA, SF, and The 831 (central coast area code) if your interested tounge.gif

Not sure why you need stations, with pc version we have mp3 player biggrin.gif

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 20:53)
Alright. anyway, im not sure how the audio system works in IV but I did a few california radio stations for SA in mp3 format if your interested... one for LA, SF, and The 831 (central coast area code) if your interested tounge.gif

Not sure why you need stations, with pc version we have mp3 player biggrin.gif

I know, but it adds a bit of depth, interactivity, and realism to the game. and besides, if your on the california coast. why would you want to listen to Liberty City radio stations?

here are a few I finished that I have Ingame.

tell me if you get what im trying to say.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:44 PM Edited by stilldre, 15 July 2013 - 06:39 PM.

Some early work in progress, well this is the idea of it i'll detail it as next step icon14.gif

user posted image
user posted image

I know, but it adds a bit of depth, interactivity, and realism to the game. and besides, if your on the california coast. why would you want to listen to Liberty City radio stations?

True but i allways turning on mp3 player, easy for skippin' songs and using new ones to tounge.gif
If you could change some commercials in the mp3 radio to some of the LA ones that would be great though icon14.gif

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:38 PM

I guess by Cali coast, majority being Pacific Coast Hwy areas?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:42 PM Edited by stilldre, 30 June 2013 - 12:40 PM.

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 22:38)
I guess by Cali coast, majority being Pacific Coast Hwy areas?

Yes, kinda like what you have showed me before on video from the game Project C.A.R.S but on smaller scale with some forest 4x4 offroad areas biggrin.gif

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 20:44)

True but i allways turning on mp3 player, easy for skippin' songs and using new ones to tounge.gif
If you could change some commercials in the mp3 radio to some of the LA ones that would be great though icon14.gif

at the moment i kinda cant due to a severly slow internet connection (about 3kbps)
but when I can afford a decent connection I will redo a few of em

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

Been completing this section of the map, now just need to detailed it and i'm good to go into forest 4x4 area biggrin.gif more screens will come later this week!

user posted image

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:59 PM Edited by nkjellman, 15 July 2013 - 08:02 PM.

Nice work. Will you be removing LC? You could take a identical approach as you did in EFTW. You add LS from SA, then build your map north, and east of it. Kinda like how V's map looks. You would also have a plugin that plays internet radio from LA.

You make great maps, and they offer a lot to explore. But I thought I'd bring this up. Most of your maps create other environments very well, however, they are right next to LC so the two don't fit together. Don't get me wrong, they are great maps. Anyways, for your next map after this one, have you ever thought of creating Up State?

For the Up State Liberty map it can have:
-Forestry country side with a few small towns.
-Niagara Falls (Exists in the GTA world. Just look at the licence plates on the cars. Though its based heavily off the real New York Licence Plates, it still exists in the game's universe concept wise.
-Geographically accurate. The shape of the map around LC kinda goes with the real geography. It would be on the north side of LC, and wrap around the map. It would go south west of LC, but wouldn't go directly south of Algonquin.
-Terrain, wouldn't be too hilly. It would a little bit, and it would have cliffs, but not huge ones. Cliffs like the ones in Alderny. It would get more hilly by Niagara falls though.

What do you think?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:43 PM Edited by stilldre, 15 July 2013 - 09:59 PM.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 20:59)
Nice work. Will you be removing LC? You could take a identical approach as you did in EFTW. You add LS from SA, then build your map north, and east of it. Kinda like how V's map looks. You would also have a plugin that plays internet radio from LA.

You make great maps, and they offer a lot to explore. But I thought I'd bring this up. Most of your maps create other environments very well, however, they are right next to LC so the two don't fit together. Don't get me wrong, they are great maps. Anyways, for your next map after this one, have you ever thought of creating Up State?

-Niagara Falls (Exists in the GTA world. Just look at the licence plates on the cars. Though its based heavily off the real New York Licence Plates, it still exists in the game's universe concept wise.
-Geographically accurate. The shape of the map around LC kinda goes with the real geography. It would be on the north side of LC, and wrap around the map. It would go south west of LC, but wouldn't go directly south of Algonquin.
-Terrain, wouldn't be too hilly. It would a little bit, and it would have cliffs, but not huge ones. Cliffs like the ones in Alderny. It would get more hilly by Niagara falls though.

What do you think?

Hi, yes thanks i'm giving my best on this map. And the map is going to be for Liberty City, well maybe later if i wanne continue i could remove LC and place anything else.. it's that multifunctional lol.gif
The map will fit with LC, the most Coast area is pointing to South/East of the map, the rest what you also see in this screen will be covered with dense forest that will block City view icon14.gif

You have some great idea, but i don't think i'll be doing much after GTA V is released biggrin.gif
Not even sure what i'll do with these abilities i learned through couple years modding, perhaps someone will take me as Environment Artist in future but forthat i'll need to deal with my portofolio or whatever..

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 21:43)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 20:59)

What do you think?

Hi, yes thanks i'm giving my best on this map. And the map is going to be for Liberty City, well maybe later if i wanne continue i could remove LC and place anything else it's that multifunctional lol.gif
The map will fit with LC, but the most Coast area is pointing to South/East of the map, the rest will be covered by City view with dense forest icon14.gif

You have some great idea, but i don't think i'll be doing much after GTA V is released biggrin.gif
Not even sure what i'll do with these abilities i learned through couple years modding, perhaps someone will take me as Environment Artist in future but forthat i'll need to deal with my portofolio or whatever..

When V comes out for PC, and modding become available, you would be able to use the skills you acquired from IV modding on V. smile.gif

By then the mapping capabalities will be better than in IV because V will have a larger map boundary and not be confined to the 6000X6000 which is present in IV.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Limiter @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 22:59)
When V comes out for PC, and modding become available, you would be able to use the skills you acquired from IV modding on V. smile.gif

By then the mapping capabalities will be better than in IV because V will have a larger map boundary and not be confined to the 6000X6000 which is present in IV.

Lol biggrin.gif don't know if i'm still want to do it than, but you'll never know.. If i can ask 20euros for remaking whole GTA V map than i'm in buiseness haha cool.gif

SNAKE DOC
  • SNAKE DOC

\o/

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 20:38)
Been completing this section of the map, now just need to detailed it and i'm good to go into forest 4x4 area biggrin.gif more screens will come later this week!

http://img829.images...9/7022/rg13.jpg

SWEET! This has tons of potential. I love the sound of "forest 4x4 area"! xD

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:55 PM Edited by stilldre, 30 July 2013 - 07:56 PM.

Been re-working AutoEroticar showroom from IV to something that will fit California theme! icon14.gif

user posted image
user posted image

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 09:55)

user posted image

Where'd you get the garage props in the background? I can't recall seeing them in IV.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 17:21)
Where'd you get the garage props in the background? I can't recall seeing them in IV.

ShakingAss made them for me :trollface
From some free model site, had it all in one pack.. also founded some money packs like from the heist robbery and weapon boxes that kinda stuff.
Thought it would be nice touch for California theme you know lol.gif

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 19:14)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 17:21)

ShakingAss made them for me :trollface
From some free model site, had it all in one pack.. also founded some money packs like from the heist robbery and weapon boxes that kinda stuff.
Thought it would be nice touch for California theme you know lol.gif

you should add in some stuff from google 3D warehouse (tsome buildings from cali were designed in there which would be useful for some of the cities)...

but yea, as a cali boy i gotta say the car shop looks ok although normally the type of car shops i see are usually square with one tone paint schemes and 2 garage doors... and a large glass window

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

So here is few screens of the Cali Customs, terrain i've been also working on but nothing special to show yet for now lol.gif cookie.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

Neat office. Reckon there'll be some missions coming from there?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Would be sweet to have a good looking Californian coastal town in the map.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

Thanks and i don't know i was just thinking to put scripts for savehouse's only.. Like in this office one and other two somewhere else on the map icon14.gif

Would be sweet to have a good looking Californian coastal town in the map.

Like i said before i'm not planning to do towns due a limit of EFLC. I do will make places to stop for some diner, gasstation, showroom ( Cali Customs ), lumbermill and few buildings from RDR with newer textures that i wanted to place in Countryside Mountains a time ago lol.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 02:57)

Thanks and i don't know i was just thinking to put scripts for savehouse's only.. Like in this office one and other two somewhere else on the map icon14.gif

Ahh, okay. I thought that's why the office was so detailed.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 23:20)
Ahh, okay. I thought that's why the office was so detailed.

Well the whole garage/showroom is going to be detailed and with mlo interiour lightning. There will be few static custom cars & wall of rims coming soon by Mike Frost in that place.
Also want to put ped paths so the game could be scripted later by someone else who's good in it icon14.gif
I'm just doing the Environment first, than the rest could be learned later or done by someone..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users