» «
Photo

First person driving camera angle?

44 replies to this topic
BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:01 AM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 19 June 2013 - 12:14 AM.

QUOTE (Werebot85 @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 20:53)
IF they add it, the car interiors will have to be extremely detailed and unique for each car, which is not really gonna happen imo...

QUOTE (-=Bert=- @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 10:05)
If they had interior views, they would need to detail the vehicles an exceptional amount, and along with the amazing game world, it would just not run on consoles

I disagree. Who's gonna be staring at the interiors when they're driving.
QUOTE (legend9090 @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 02:17)
It would be cool, but wouldn't make sense, why would you drive fisrt person if you walk third person?

OK well why did R* put in 1st person view on the hood in past GTA's then?

Wuggatus
  • Wuggatus

Somewhere stuck between joyful and peachy.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:12 AM Edited by Wuggatus, 19 June 2013 - 12:15 AM.

QUOTE (legend9090 @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 02:31)
QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 02:27)
QUOTE (legend9090 @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 18:17)
It would be cool, but wouldn't make sense, why would you drive fisrt person if you walk third person?

Why would you walk in 3rd person when you drive in a cinematic view?

JUST MAKES NO GERDARM CENTS'

just my two sense though

....................../ดฏ/)
....................,/ฏ../
.................../..../
............./ดฏ/'...'/ดฏฏ`ทธ
........../'/.../..../......./จฏ\
........('(...ด...ด.... ฏ~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.ทด
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

……..…../ดฏ/)……….. (\ฏ`\
…………/….//……….. …\\….\
………../….//………… ….\\….\
…../ดฏ/…./ดฏ\………../ฏ `\….\ฏ`\
.././…/…./…./.|_……_| .\….\….\…\
(.(….(….(…./.)..)..(..(. \….)….)….)
.\…………….\/…/….\. ..\/……………./
..\…………….. /……..\……………..…/
….\…………..(………. ..)……………./

OT: I don't they they will add it, because it would use precious CD space that they could use for better things.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Wuggatus @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 16:12)
OT: I don't they they will add it, because it would use precious CD space that they could use for better things.

I cannot stand this damn argument.. People talking about stuff they clearly don't understand.

A camera angle is NOT going to use up sufficient disc space.. or use up much needed processing power, it's simply a different camera angle ffs.. lol

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 00:46)

I cannot stand this damn argument.. People talking about stuff they clearly don't understand.

A camera angle is NOT going to use up sufficient disc space.. or use up much needed processing power, it's simply a different camera angle ffs.. lol

lol? the due is talking about car interiors, detailed car interiors, for many many cars. you don't just have to add a camera angle, lol. well you can do that but then what you're looking at...some pixeled black frame or something, a steering wheel that is like KIT from Knight Rider (doesn't need to be handled) and you see half the street in front of you...would look...bad, without detailed car interiors.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 16:58)

lol? the due is talking about car interiors, detailed car interiors, for many many cars. you don't just have to add a camera angle, lol. well you can do that but then what you're looking at...some pixeled black frame or something, a steering wheel that is like KIT from Knight Rider (doesn't need to be handled) and you see half the street in front of you...would look...bad, without detailed car interiors.

Cars in IV were detailed very well on the interiors, especially for not having an interior view to take advantage of it with.

Sure the interiors aren't on par with Forza but it's all about the feel it gives. R*'s never been a master at one certain aspect of gaming, their strengths always been to put together a plethora of genre's into one massive game.

But unless they improve upon first person driving from other games I would probably rarely find myself using it.- Stiff camera movements connected to rubber bands, low field of perception ect just make the experience uncomfortable compared to ahood view.

nujee
  • nujee

GTA Jedi- don't screw with the force!!!

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

I think it will take up too much memory for them to be able to do this.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

yeah dat's what I'm sayin too...grand master etc just doesn't wanna hear it...instead he tells me how R* s good at creating one massive game...MINDBLOWING

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

Uhh if they have the processing power and disc space to create a whole entire underwater section twice the size of Red Dead Redemption's map all the way to the smallest of details like the shoe laces on Franklin's boots, I guarantee without a doubt they could easily have higher detailed car interiors with a first person camera angle.

Just to show you how stupid you guys are being, here's proof it's possible because they've already shown us that it is..

Whether or not this feature's in the game, it's still showing it's obviously possible because the trailer's run on the ingame engine.

user posted image

z06z33
  • z06z33

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:52 AM

Midnight club and the test drive unlimiteds both had detailed interiors and very large maps so it is possible infact you could customize the interior in midnight club which is a rockstar game

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:36 AM

So let me get this strait, we have never seen an interior view in GTA IV?

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

They would have to make at least a decent amount of polygons on the interior, and decent looking textures for that to work. However they did show FPS view in that helicopter scene during the chase.

Anyway, PC mods will take care of it.

Myrskalle
  • Myrskalle

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

They need to make this happen. Driving a car in 1st person with the Oculus Rift on the PC is going to be f*cking EPIC.

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

These threads are also funny because they always make the argument that R* can not do something, which indeed they have already done.

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (Myrskalle @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 06:56)
1st person driving + Oculus Rift...

this! pc...oh my

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 01:23)
Cars in IV were detailed very well on the interiors, especially for not having an interior view to take advantage of it with.

ok...
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users