Quantcast

» «
Photo

Who's pissed about having to obey road rules?

386 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you pissed about having to obey road laws? (949 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you pissed about having to obey road laws?

1. Yes (264 votes [31.69%])

Percentage of vote: 31.69%

2. No (569 votes [68.31%])

Percentage of vote: 68.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote
tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

Things change and GTA is just moving to a more realistic approach to their games.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (BumpyJohnson @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 13:13)
QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 05:06)
It would make a big difference. I played mafia II. I know it makes a big difference. I know, because there's not one point, ONE point in that game where that system didn't annoy me. Even though it was cop line of sight. It was still annoying. Seriously annoying.

It's easy to avoid hitting a pedestrian. I only do it in front of cops because I give no f*cks. Speeding is over the line because it'll bother me when I'm just trying to cruise at high speeds. Maybe I want to test a car's high speed. Whoops, cop saw me, now I need to take 50 side turns and probably lose that long straight road I was on. No wait, I have it on GPS, so I can go straight back, whoops I was over the limit for the briefest of seconds and so now my journey back is f*cked too.

"Can't you just follow the laws?"

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid having to do.

And people think these are now a certainty too. The preview was fake. Fake. Rockstar wouldn't do that. I know, I've seen quotes from the book.

Another pointless gripe by negative nancy. You wouldn't have to do none of that bcuz YOU would use a cheat to kill the wanted level so f*ck off wit this bullsh*t gripe.

No. No, I'm not backing down. I already have to use the wanted cheat enough to get the cops off my back for hit and run, I do not want to have to use it every time I get a speeding offense too. I don't want to spend the whole time with my phone open to wanted down.

Yes, I am allowed to complain even when I use cheats. Deal with it.

PerceptortheShootist
  • PerceptortheShootist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

Guys, Rockstar answered my question on this:

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

So glad they decided to do this. One of the things I haven't ever liked about GTA games, is I can fly by a cop going top speed and the cop wouldn't care in the least. I could even be plowing over road signs and smashing into cars and the police still wouldn't care. So for me, this will really add that extra bit of immersion into the game.

blophead
  • blophead

Cousin, let's go bowling!

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (PerceptortheShootist @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 20:51)

user posted image

cookie.gif
Cool!

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

user posted image

Thnx fo that icon14.gif

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:56 PM

Immersion is pointless when you have to deal with all the same bullsh*t you do in real life.

Case in point, heavy rain. Good story, absolutely sh*t game.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (BumpyJohnson @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 20:31)
QUOTE (IDredMan @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 20:17 )

Jesus bro, you 2 are taking this whole 'Realism VS Fun' to a personal level.

Well this dude whines in every idea thread about how something will be so annoying when it wont bcuz he will just use a cheat to get around it. That makes his gripes pointless and annoying. I mean if he uses all the cheats and plays the game using all the work arounds so its tolerable then wtf is the point of his crying? He's the most annoying guy on this forum. More annoying than ppl who post rediculous topics. I cant go in any thread without seeing his bitch ass whining about something he will most certainly bypass.

See? You're still taking it to a personal level and swearing at him like a 2 year old. (I love how we live in a world where using adult language excessively is childish)
Besides, a lot of people find your 20 billion threads about fuel annoying too.
You 2, just get along ...We know enough about the game, these threads are pointless right now. No point in making them, and if by any sort of freaking space magic you still have any doubts, the game comes out in a month god damn it.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

user posted image

Didn't really need that to prove it.
This thread, this guy took it out of context.
And again, we've seen the guy zooming past a bunch of cops on the wrong lane without even getting blinked at in the gameplay trailer.

el_roy1985
  • el_roy1985

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 20:48)
QUOTE (BumpyJohnson @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 13:13)
QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 05:06)
It would make a big difference. I played mafia II. I know it makes a big difference. I know, because there's not one point, ONE point in that game where that system didn't annoy me. Even though it was cop line of sight. It was still annoying. Seriously annoying.

It's easy to avoid hitting a pedestrian. I only do it in front of cops because I give no f*cks. Speeding is over the line because it'll bother me when I'm just trying to cruise at high speeds. Maybe I want to test a car's high speed. Whoops, cop saw me, now I need to take 50 side turns and probably lose that long straight road I was on. No wait, I have it on GPS, so I can go straight back, whoops I was over the limit for the briefest of seconds and so now my journey back is f*cked too.

"Can't you just follow the laws?"

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid having to do.

And people think these are now a certainty too. The preview was fake. Fake. Rockstar wouldn't do that. I know, I've seen quotes from the book.

Another pointless gripe by negative nancy. You wouldn't have to do none of that bcuz YOU would use a cheat to kill the wanted level so f*ck off wit this bullsh*t gripe.

No. No, I'm not backing down. I already have to use the wanted cheat enough to get the cops off my back for hit and run, I do not want to have to use it every time I get a speeding offense too. I don't want to spend the whole time with my phone open to wanted down.

Yes, I am allowed to complain even when I use cheats. Deal with it.

It's a ONE STAR wanted level. Are you saying you have that much trouble getting rid of that kind of wanted level in IV? I usually just keep driving on the route I was already taking and the star pretty much disappears on its own.

So in your example, being you would be flying down a road to test out the top speed of your car, the cop would already be too far away to catch up by the time they flip their lights on. Unless you crash, then you might actually have to deal with the cop for a brief period. How would this constitute the need to take "50 side turns"?

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:07 PM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 07 August 2013 - 09:09 PM.

^
lol Exactly. It wont be a bother and he knows it. He just doesn't want anything similar to Mafia in a GTA game.
QUOTE (IDredMan @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 20:58)
See? You're still taking it to a personal level and swearing at him like a 2 year old. (I love how we live in a world where using adult language excessively is childish)
You 2, just get along ...We know enough about the game, these threads are pointless right now. No point in making them, and if by any sort of freaking space magic you still have any doubts, the game comes out in a month god damn it.

Show me more than 2 gas threads or stfu wit this claim.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (BumpyJohnson @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 21:07)
^
lol Exactly. It wont be a bother and he knows it. He just doesn't want anything similar to Mafia in a GTA game.

Just because you're seriously starting to act like an asshole, I dug sh*t up.

Here's a thread you made about fuel:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=570344
Tons of hate.

Here's an older thread you made about fuel:
http://www.gtaforums...opic=555738&hl=
Majority voted no.

Here's a thread you made about prison (Which I forgot was you, I thought it was another dumbass on these forums)
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=558771
Again, majority voted no.

You keep trying to shove crap down people's throats that would piss off way more people that it would please.
In San Andreas, you would go hungry, which was VERY annoying, you could disable it with cheats, but the majority doesn't use cheats too.
Rockstar is not your bitch, they're not gonna f*ck everyone over for some rude asshole with the manners of a 5 year old.

4thosebout2rock
  • 4thosebout2rock

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

user posted image

Yes, I'm glad I would of hated traffic laws.

vehtam
  • vehtam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

Just to kill any speculations left - I'm from Poland i can reassure you, that the translated fragment of the text is actually just colorful description of avoiding traffic jam WHILE having wanted level.

Pretty much thats why using google translate on slovakian languages is really bad f**king idea biggrin.gif

Other interesting facts from artcile:
- Michael has connections to goverment and is under unofficial witness protection program, but steady life frustrates him
- The reviewer switched to Trevor while he was only in pants on the beach, with many dead bodies around him, and had enormous hangover (loool!)
- the pic of republican space ranger on the street is uploaded to social network inside the game through michaels cell phone
- michael encounters random side mission - helping old actress to get away from paparazzis (for 150 bucks)
- special abilites are: michael has slo mo during shootouts, franklin during driving a car, trevor gets tougher and deals more damage
- there will be 5 to 6 major heists, requiring large amount of planning and preparations and many many small ones
- there will be minigame with robbing ATMs
- graphics are very close to IV, theres no very notciable leap in their quality (however it looks prettier, i guess something like gta iii -> vice city)
- view from the helicopter before parachute jump was "breathtaking"
- reviewer said he was sure that if he landed somewhere around the mountain, the trip to nearest town would take A LOT of time
- valuable things in sea are pure speculation from the author

cheers and have a good day/night! smile.gif

Benefactor69
  • Benefactor69

Realistic Steak

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

user posted image

Thank god they didn't turn it into a driving simulator rahkstar2.gif

ItsClipZz
  • ItsClipZz

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (rjmthe2nd @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 18:26)
i als heard if you dont clean up Chops poop, you get 2 stars suicidal.gif

LOL ! awsome, you rock.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

I can't believe people want traffic laws ! what the hell is wrong with you ? Who wants to play a game that restricted !? So let me get this straight...... you don't want car chase missions because they involve speeding. You don't want nos it's illegal and you're speeding if you use it. Did you even play IV ? you can't do anything without getting a wanted level could you imagine if they add traffic laws too ? the game would be unplayable like mafia 2 and driver parrell lines. Will somebody who wants traffic laws play that for god sake it will wake you up and show you how it ruins games. it doesn't make it '' realistic'' it gives you less freedom

This is why I lose my patience it's like most of you don't think about the consequences of traffic laws

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:00 AM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 08 August 2013 - 04:17 AM.

QUOTE (IDredMan @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 21:28)

Tons of hate.

Majority voted no.

Here's a thread you made about prison (Which I forgot was you, I thought it was another dumbass on these forums)

You keep trying to shove crap down people's throats that would piss off way more people that it would please.
In San Andreas, you would go hungry, which was VERY annoying, you could disable it with cheats, but the majority doesn't use cheats too.
Rockstar is not your bitch, they're not gonna f*ck everyone over for some rude asshole with the manners of a 5 year old.

Yeah chump where are my 60 billion gas threads. lol I told you to show me more than 2 and you couldnt. lol How does it feel to look up my past posts thinking you would be able to come back and own me only to fail? lol Stupid I know thats why you posted another link to try and switch to another false claim (me forcing sh*t n ppl) to cover up that failure. Thats what you get for trying to make someone look bad with stupid exaggerations.

I keep trying to forcing crap down ppls throats that would piss off way more ppl than it would please? Exaggerating again? You didnt learn your lesson about exaggerating? Not all but the majority of the ideas I posted the majority agree with. Lets take the prison thread you posted. The poll says the majority likes it and judging by some of the posts in the thread more would be ok with it if they at least read it and seen that I included a way they wouldnt have to see jail period. Regardless the majority like it so that sh*ts on your "it would piss off more than it would please claim" so stfu and get off my nuts sucka. lol

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:03 AM

Okay so they lock my post and not this one which is obviously trolling. Makes sense mods

Sapstar
  • Sapstar

WereJaguar

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:07 AM

Could this topic just be locked, or have the title at least changed to something like "Do you want road rules in GTA V"? Right now it's really misleading, and a bunch of personal insults are being thrown around as is.

seVensantos
  • seVensantos

citizen of san andreas

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:11 AM

39 19 49 & counting. the anticipation in intense in this thread. monocle.gif

grandola
  • grandola

Southern Comfort

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (vehtam @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 21:50)
Just to kill any speculations left - I'm from Poland i can reassure you, that the translated fragment of the text is actually just colorful description of avoiding traffic jam WHILE having wanted level.

Pretty much thats why using google translate on slovakian languages is really bad f**king idea biggrin.gif

Other interesting facts from artcile:
- Michael has connections to goverment and is under unofficial witness protection program, but steady life frustrates him
- The reviewer switched to Trevor while he was only in pants on the beach, with many dead bodies around him, and had enormous hangover (loool!)
- the pic of republican space ranger on the street is uploaded to social network inside the game through michaels cell phone
- michael encounters random side mission - helping old actress to get away from paparazzis (for 150 bucks)
- special abilites are: michael has slo mo during shootouts, franklin during driving a car, trevor gets tougher and deals more damage
- there will be 5 to 6 major heists, requiring large amount of planning and preparations and many many small ones
- there will be minigame with robbing ATMs
- graphics are very close to IV, theres no very notciable leap in their quality (however it looks prettier, i guess something like gta iii -> vice city)
- view from the helicopter before parachute jump was "breathtaking"
- reviewer said he was sure that if he landed somewhere around the mountain, the trip to nearest town would take A LOT of time
- valuable things in sea are pure speculation from the author

cheers and have a good day/night! smile.gif

Neat! Thank for the translation bro!

Lets hope I don't f this up... Have a cookie.gif

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (BumpyJohnson @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 04:00)
QUOTE (IDredMan @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 21:28)
QUOTE (BumpyJohnson @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 21:07)
^
lol  Exactly.  It wont be a bother and he knows it.  He just doesn't want anything similar to Mafia in a GTA game.

Tons of hate.

Majority voted no.

Yeah sucka where are my 60 billion gas threads. lol I told you to show me more than 2 and you couldnt. lol How does it feel to look up my past posts thinking you would be able to come back and own me only to fail? lol Stupid I know thats why you posted another link to try and switch to another false claim (me forcing sh*t n ppl) to cover up that failure. Thats what you get for trying to make someone look bad with stupid exaggerations.

I keep trying to forcing crap down ppls throats that would piss off way more ppl than it would please? Exaggerating again? You didnt learn your lesson about exaggerating? Not all but the majority of the ideas I posted the majority agree with. Lets take the prison thread you posted. The poll says the majority likes it and judging by some of the posts in the thread more would be ok with it if they at least read it and seen that I included a way they wouldnt have to see jail period. Regardless the majority like it so that sh*ts on your "it would piss off more than it would please claim" so stfu and get off my nuts sucka. lol

Jesus f*cking Christ ...With everyone sentence you make you sound dumber and dumber.
And seriously, can you read?
No has more votes.
What exactly, is your understanding of the word "Majority" ?

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:32 AM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 08 August 2013 - 08:33 AM.

QUOTE (IDredMan @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 04:18)
Jesus f*cking Christ ...With everyone sentence you make you sound dumber and dumber.
No has more votes.

lmao Wow man. Its clearly you who is looking more like an ass with each post. 1st you claimed I made 60 blillion gas threads. I killed that false claim by asking you to find more than two. You tried then failed. lol Then you claimed the ideas I post piss more ppl off than they please. I then tell you to look in my pasts post and see that majority of my ideas ppl agree with killing another false claim. You then claimed everyone hates my jail/prison idea when the poll in it says the majority agree with it even tho alot of the no voters didnt even read it fully so you were wrong again.

You then ignore all that destruction of you false claims to point out a poll I didnt even create (a mod chose to add a poll to it on his own). Also the thread isnt even a fuel idea. Its a discussion asking why you guys hate fuel so even tho the poll has majority picking no its not an idea thread so you cant use it to support your claim that ppl hate my ideas. lol Even if you do try to use it the poll is irrelevant bcuz an actual fuel system wasnt presented for ppl to say no to. Their no is based on their "assumption" of how a fuel system would be (mainly based on mafia). The poll in this thread is more relevant since the question is more reasonable but of course you will ignore it tho. lol I'm done so just save face and get the f*ck off my nuts now man bcuz your coming out of this looking like a fool.

EDIT: Just went thru my pasts post and I was actually wrong when I said "majority" of my ideas were liked. Actually EVERY idea I made a thread for was liked. lol Jail/prison, better friend system, combat system and custom radio station. The jail/prison idea was the only one that was close but the majority still liked it even tho most of the no voters didnt even read it. So much for your claim that the ideas I post piss ppl off more than please them. lmao! You lose so f*ck off now.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (BumpyJohnson @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 01:32)
No has more votes.

lmao Wow man. Its clearly you who is looking more like an ass with each post. 1st you claimed I made 60 blillion gas threads. I killed that false claim by asking you to find more than two. You tried then failed. lol Then you claimed the ideas I post piss more ppl off than they please. I then tell you to look in my pasts post and see that majority of my ideas ppl agree with killing another false claim. You then claimed everyone hates my jail/prison idea when the poll in it says the majority agree with it even tho alot of the no voters didnt even read it fully so you were wrong again.

You then ignore all that destruction of you false claims to point out a poll I didnt even create (a mod chose to add a poll to it on his own). Also the thread isnt even a fuel idea. Its a discussion asking why you guys hate fuel so even tho the poll has majority picking no its not an idea thread so you cant use it to support your claim that ppl hate my ideas. lol Even if you do try to use it the poll is irrelevant bcuz an actual fuel system wasnt presented for ppl to say no to. Their no is based on their "assumption" of how a fuel system would be (mainly based on mafia). The poll in this thread is more relevant since the question is more reasonable but of course you will ignore it tho. lol I'm done so just save face and get the f*ck off my nuts now man bcuz your coming out of this looking like a fool.

EDIT: Just went thru my pasts post and I was actually wrong when I said "majority" of my ideas were liked. Actually EVERY idea I made a thread for was liked. lol Jail/prison, better friend system, combat system and custom radio station. The jail/prison idea was the only one that was close but the majority still liked it even tho most of the no voters didnt even read it. So much for your claim that the ideas I post piss ppl off more than please them. lmao! You lose so f*ck off now.

I'm no expert, But when I see more than 50% of voters say 'No', that generally means, majority did not like it.

So you're either trolling, or Very, Very stupid, and since you suck at trolling, I'm going with the latter.

Hysterikal
  • Hysterikal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (BumpyJohnson @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 07:32)
No has more votes.

Are you unaware of the fact that anything exceeding 50% defines the term "majority"?

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:49 PM Edited by BumpyJohnson, 09 August 2013 - 03:01 AM.

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 09:05)
I'm no expert, But when I see more than 50% of voters say 'No', that generally means, majority did not like it.

So you're either trolling, or Very, Very stupid, and since you suck at trolling, I'm going with the latter.

I'll repeat, there wasnt an actual fuel system presented for ppl to vote on. So their no vote is based on their "assumption" of how a fuel system would be (mainly based on mafia). R* wouldn't do it like Mafia so the poll has no weight. Got it? The poll in this thread is more relevant since the question is more reasonable but like the others you can keep ignoring it and rely on the other one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users