» «
Photo

New screen in PSX Extreme magazine.

135 replies to this topic
omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:39 PM Edited by omawnakw, 22 June 2013 - 07:36 AM.

QUOTE (Emmi @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 15:46)
QUOTE (Kirsty @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 15:42)
QUOTE (Jaffad @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 16:33)
http://i.imgur.com/kXTLrYW.jpg

Nice work. Where's the source, does the magazine even do a digital version to extract from?

If there would be a digital version of the mag, I'm sure we can get the full screen soon! Someone pls share.

I bought the digital version of the PSX Extreme, it is the scanned version of the mag or pre-print with lowered quality distributed via the mobile app or crazy software for Windows named Kiosk, which is based on Adobe PDF sdk but with embedded DRM system, so that you can't open the magazine file with any other software and it is encrypted. The only way to extract pages from it is printing them into a file one by one. So the answer to your question is there is no full-res or full sized screen shot in the digital version of PSX Extreme #190. Maybe somebody from Poland could ask them whether they gather to publish the screen shot digitally, would be cool. You can contact them via facebook https://www.facebook.com/psxextreme Theirs website is http://www.ppe.pl/

By the way, the best quality I can get of the digital version: http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062608467
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062608156
Jaffad, where did you get it? Yours has more in the bottom part.
^- why did he 'BUSTED'?

Extracted from the original pdf:
user posted image
user posted image

So, still do not know where is the Jaffad's came from.

Rockys
  • Rockys

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

user posted image

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:20 PM Edited by omawnakw, 27 June 2013 - 06:08 AM.

^So you've combined them downscaling the one from pdf and it makes sense. I've combined them upscaling Jaffad's image to the extracted jpeg/ppm and it looks too large if we believe that the original tif's from Rockstar were obtained on the real PS3 or Xbox360 hardware with default resolution of 1280x720.
So, pdf's one has been upscaled or default resolution is higher.
user posted imageuser posted image

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Hey, that's a Polish magazine!

orly.gif

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

Doesn't the helmet look photoshopped?

VATG
  • VATG

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

he looks like a dick with that helmet.

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

No brakes... Trevor mind games?

Chewie
  • Chewie

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Wow dude.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:07 AM Edited by omawnakw, 24 June 2013 - 08:33 AM.

QUOTE (Von_Von @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 21:55)
No brakes... Trevor mind games?

Maybe this bike have some kind of crazy foot control, because Trevor really looks enough crazy to use it. Or maybe it even is just a fat kick scooter or chukudu and Trevor is making fun of the police that way - doing tricks with his feet. So that should be a chukudu chase.
Here is some chukudu for you:
user posted image

If to put it so, the key question would be: where are the bananas?!

Or it could be a glide bike which he stole from The Lost member's kid:

user posted image

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Rockys @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 11:21)
user posted image

Thanks for that version

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:15 AM Edited by omawnakw, 03 July 2013 - 09:35 AM.

Did someone asked PSX Extreme to release the full version? Huh, the Polish guys?
Maybe they could hear our prayers...
Edit: I have asked them, they said they have no full version sad.gif

vehtam
  • vehtam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

New info (i guess?) from the article (i know polish, read through the whole thing):

Other interesting facts from artcile:
- Michael has connections to goverment and is under unofficial witness protection program, but steady life frustrates him
- The reviewer switched to Trevor while he was only in pants on the beach, with many dead bodies around him, and had enormous hangover (loool!)
- the pic of republican space ranger on the street is uploaded to social network inside the game through michaels cell phone
- michael encounters random side mission - helping old actress to get away from paparazzis (for 150 bucks)
- special abilites are: michael has slo mo during shootouts, franklin during driving a car, trevor gets tougher and deals more damage
- there will be 5 to 6 major heists, requiring large amount of planning and preparations and many many small ones
- there will be minigame with robbing ATMs
- graphics are very close to IV, theres no very notciable leap in their quality (however it looks prettier, i guess something like gta iii -> vice city)
- view from the helicopter before parachute jump was "breathtaking"
- reviewer said he was sure that if he landed somewhere around the mountain, the trip to nearest town would take A LOT of time
- valuable things in sea are pure speculation from the author

no mention of getting struck by lighting, traffic rules etc.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (vehtam @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 22:06)
New info (i guess?) from the article (i know polish, read through the whole thing):

- Michael has connections to goverment and is under unofficial witness protection program, but steady life frustrates him
- The reviewer switched to Trevor while he was only in pants on the beach, with many dead bodies around him, and had enormous hangover (loool!)
- the pic of republican space ranger on the street is uploaded to social network inside the game through michaels cell phone
- michael encounters random side mission - helping old actress to get away from paparazzis (for 150 bucks)
- special abilites are: michael has slo mo during shootouts, franklin during driving a car, trevor gets tougher and deals more damage
- there will be 5 to 6 major heists, requiring large amount of planning and preparations and many many small ones
- graphics are very close to IV, theres no very notciable leap in their quality (however it looks prettier, i guess something like gta iii -> vice city)
- reviewer said he was sure that if he landed somewhere around the mountain, the trip to nearest town would take A LOT of time

Wow....does PSX Extreme consist of folks who all need new pairs of eyeballs then? Who are they kidding? We all saw the gameplay video and you just cannot say the graphics are very close to IV. It's crystal clear that it looks a sh*tload better. Hell it's up there with RDR and is nearing MP3 quality. So unless R* was fuggin with us with that gameplay video and that it looks a whole lot worse......this magazine is stupid as hell.

To be fair i'd suggest that the previewer takes another look at IV on console, and yes even TBOGT, which was a clear improvement graphically over IV. V looks fantastic. That would be the same as saying RDR was pretty much the same graphically as IV.....WOW!

RockKiller
  • RockKiller

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

cookie.gif icon14.gif Nice

Filip454
  • Filip454

DONGS OR GTFO

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

This info is old. I know because I wrote about it long time ago on polish GTA Site.

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:03 AM Edited by PHOENIXZERO, 08 August 2013 - 01:40 PM.

QUOTE (vehtam @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 18:06)

That is over three months old.

Basically if it doesn't come from a US or UK magazine with an exclusive it's probably going to be old, recycled news.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users