Photo

New screen in PSX Extreme magazine.

135 replies to this topic
creed200569
  • creed200569

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

If u look a few lines below Franklins gun, i see it says 3D??? Could this game possibly be in 3D also??

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

What the hell is this thread. That big long list of information, several things from that are exactly what another preview a while ago said. About not being able to drive a caddy in Los Santos without getting a wanted star, abide by the traffic laws or get cops after you, and so on. That whole list is supposed to be from PSX Extreme?

KrushLTx10
  • KrushLTx10

Speedy and Slightly Agitated

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (creed200569 @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 19:01)
If u look a few lines below Franklins gun, i see it says 3D??? Could this game possibly be in 3D also??

I'd be pissed if that were the case. Hopefully they don't because 3D would take away so much of what they could have put in. I doubt it though.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 19:03)
What the hell is this thread. That big long list of information, several things from that are exactly what another preview a while ago said. About not being able to drive a caddy in Los Santos without getting a wanted star, abide by the traffic laws or get cops after you, and so on. That whole list is supposed to be from PSX Extreme?

I think the list in this guy's post:
QUOTE (artificialguy @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 17:02)
Nothing exceptionally new in the article. It's from preview meeting held in Warsaw. They saw the same mission as the other journalists around the world.

Some info, and although I don't think it's new, maybe you can find something interesting:

- Parachute jump takes 3 mins.
- Dune buggy standing near the road.
- Fishermen on the river.
- Deers were drinking water from the stream on the other side.
- 3D radar.
- Sharks will be marked on the radar.
- Character from Republican Space Rangers (TV Series on Weazel in GTA IV) was seen in Vinewood. Michael took a photo of him and posted it on some social networking site.
- Enterable tattoo studio.
- When Trevor is pissed, he is much stronger.
- Every character has an unique walking style.
- Our mercenaries are more experienced after each heist.
- Gun wheel from Red Dead Redemption and shooting style from Max Payne 3.
- Money from heists could be spend on businesses, for example arms trade on the coast.
- Hitchhikers carpooling as a side mission.

...is the actual information in this preview. The second, longer list seems to be a trollish post mixing true information with false information, including the stuff in the 'jokey' section of that Xbox magazine preview.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Nice!

ScotchMouth
  • ScotchMouth

Single malt no ice

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 14:05)

Nothing exceptionally new in the article. It's from preview meeting held in Warsaw. They saw the same mission as the other journalists around the world.

Some info, and although I don't think it's new, maybe you can find something interesting:

- 3D radar.
- Character from Republican Space Rangers (TV Series on Weazel in GTA IV) was seen in Vinewood. Michael took a photo of him and posted it on some social networking site.
- Money from heists could be spend on businesses, for example arms trade on the coast.

...is the actual information in this preview. The second, longer list seems to be a trollish post mixing true information with false information, including the stuff in the 'jokey' section of that Xbox magazine preview.

yup. Seems to be truth mixed with nonsense.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 19:05)

- 3D radar.

Yeah exactly. I have a very hard time believing Rockstar would put those kind of rules in the game. The Xbox magazine indeed wrote it in such a way that it really couldn't be taken seriously. I mean how's it even gonna work...your character stands around and a girl walks by and she'll call the cops on you or starts attacking you, because you looked at her? That's really not gonna work.Surprised people actually believe some of the crazy stuff.

VIPΣR
  • VIPΣR

Doesn't give up the fight

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

I hope this stuff turns out to be true

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

"-The observatory is fully working and is the site of secret meetings; "

Maybe that's where the "secret" Epsilon compound is?!

Miami-Florida.
  • Miami-Florida.

Grande Italia

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (blakeney @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 19:27)

Would that not be in "The Church of Epsilon in Vinewood (Church of Scientology Hollywood) if its in the game

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

A lot of those things i do want to be true. I like the part about the richman hotel, explorable and what not. But then again, i'd kinda expect that with more interiors this time around.

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

I also hope a lot of stuff in that list is true..

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:38 PM Edited by Masny, 06 June 2013 - 07:41 PM.

Nie sądziłem, że przeczytam kiedyś o szmatławcu na GTAforums : )

Nice screenshot, I'm waiting for more!

It's about 3D radar

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

-Hotel Richman's most luxurious and expensive hotel in all of Los Santos. You will be able to stop it at any time, certainly not for free.
-The hotel Richman, who we saw on one of the screens, there is a great staff, the pool and the most expensive rooms - solid luxury.

This should be True anyway and i hope it is, i mean we only saw 1 pic of that Huge hotel, so i think it's a safe bet to say that the Richman's hotel is one of the interiors we will be able to access and should be as good as the quote say's. I been waiting for hotel like that in a gta game.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

Looking forward to getting hit by lightning. dozingoff.gif

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (blakeney @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 20:27)

Maybe not.

http://www.igta5.com...observatory.jpg

ALeSsAnDrO
  • ALeSsAnDrO

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:52 PM

Some things don't seem legit, they seem to go against what R* would do in a GTA game:

-Do not leave your dog unattended - it can get lost.
-If you will often jump from a parachute, it can make you dizzy.
-When we climbed the sign "Vinewood", we get a one-star wanted in connection with the fact that it is illegal.
-You can hit by lightning;
-Journey to the roof of the train will give you a star tracing;
-You will receive a one-star wanted level, if you respect the rules of the road (don't i suppose);
-Never look at the half-naked women. They may complain to the police on you;
-You will receive a fine for driving a golf cart on the streets of Los Santos;

Some of these things seem weird and too restrictive, others just don't add up to the level of freedom you expect from R*. Sounds fishy.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 19:19)
Yeah exactly. I have a very hard time believing Rockstar would put those kind of rules in the game.

It was already planned for IV to obey traffic laws. The audio of the police when you get pulled over was there, still in the files, in the pc version, probably the others as well. They mentioned it once and said it was cut cause GTA isn't that, GTA is supposed to be bashing into things and running from the cops.

So they said it made people play the game too carefully as well. maybe the wanted system revamp and further development has now brought this feature to the game, without causing people to drive like real life, careful, and following the rules. Maybe, for all we know, we get bonuses and stuff for oncoming lane driving and sh*t now, and how long we keep stars, we simply don't know, this game has taken too long to come out and changed massively, we may see respect systems and score as money return in some logical way, we just can't be sure.

And while we also can't be sure there is any truth to traffic laws in GTA V, it is highly likely, considering the feature can be found in IV, just unused. If they add that, it will probably be awesome somehow for a gameplay perspective, considering they cut it from IV because it was "obey the law" mode, and they didn't want that - maybe this will = a much more action packed, fast paced, cops chasing you all the time game. We can only hope.

SergioBel
  • SergioBel

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:57 PM Edited by SergioBel, 06 June 2013 - 08:00 PM.

80% of the information - Fake

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

I am not going to play this game in Polish. I'm pretty sure they'll screw it up in some way.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

For anyone that can read the preview, is Rockes' post actually a list of what's said in the preview, or it just a post he made? artificialguy also made a list based on what the article said and it is far more mundane. So who is right?

Sezii
  • Sezii

P.I.M.P

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Psst! wink.gif

user posted image

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:10 PM Edited by brian., 06 June 2013 - 10:55 PM.

End all be all analysis

✓ - FACT -The game seems more realistic than Red Dead Redeption. I suppose this is obvious, it's like saying it's more realistic than any other game Rockstar has built up to V along side of.
? - MAYBE -When one of the characters will be on the verge of life and death - you will hear warning signals. this is likely alluding to vocal cues from characters that need your help, this is slightly contradicted by how Rockstar said you'd have to mess up badly for one of the other characters to die when under AI control, telling me they likely have 5000 or 10000 HP when not controlled by the player. Treat as a rumor
✓ - FACT -The military base will contain a huge selection of different military vehicles. This is previously confirmed.
✓ - FACT -There are three types of transitions between Michael, Trevor and Franklin. First - automatic. The game will be independent of you "forced" to switch to this or that character. The second type of transition occurs while viewing movies. And third, the most commonly used when a player switches itself on any character regardless of the event. More previously detailed tidbits
✓ - FACT -When you reach the maximum level statistics for all the characters, you get the result: "The maximum Painful" ("Max Painfull"). Already known also, right? FACT?
✓ - FACT -When switching between the main characters, you have a switch - a small circle in the lower right corner of the screen. Yep
✓ - FACT - Incredible realism, depth of field from the dizzying skydiving from Franklin. A better translation may be that the realism of the depth of field effect over the vast landscape is dizzying.
✓ - FACT - Music will be played and under water in submarines. Known
✓ - FACT - Rays of light, very realistically fall on an uneven surface of the water. the under-surface caustic effects of the water, are spot on, and will be interesting to see how they did it and how optimal it is.
✓ - FACT - Hotel Richman's most luxurious and expensive hotel in all of Los Santos. You will be able to stop it at any time, certainly not for free. Known.
✓ - FACT - The hotel Richman, who we saw on one of the screens, there is a great staff, the pool and the most expensive rooms - solid luxury. Nice [new?] allusion to the detail given the life of locations.
? - MAYBE - Do not leave your dog unattended - it can get lost. Perhaps. Like Horses in RDR. Perhaps a pound in the city. And only after Chop plays his main role.
✓ - FACT - Hares will be in the game. In the countryside, similar to rats in the city
✓ - FACT -The transition between the characters will not last more than 10 seconds. We know it already indeed, and this was already possible with IV's engine, just not implemented/perhaps not even yet thought of. It could change location fast enough (it's basically like dying far away from a hospital and respawning elsewhere. It takes less than 5 seconds. Add on the map animation/transition, the extra loading perhaps of a different character's sound banks and textures and such if not just kept there in ram at all times, 10 seconds "maximum" sounds about right.
? - MAYBE -If you will often jump from a parachute, it can make you dizzy. I have to say maybe because I'm treating this like a proper and well-intended translation, but I am doubtful with prejudice about this, I think it has more to do with the dizzying realism of the breadth of land when skydiving, outlined above.
? - MAYBE -When we die - the screen becomes blurred. hey, it's better than distorted black and white.
✓ - FACT -The game is the same as in the trailers; (hidden allusion to the FACT that the prophets did not improve the quality of the video, etc.) It certainly is, but they hid aliasing artiFACTs very intelligently in the trailers. One can find some, and deduce from playing GTA IV that V will look as jaggy when played at 720p, upscaled or not
✓ - FACT -Sign "Vinewood" will be visible from any corner of the city.
✓ - FACT -When we climbed the sign "Vinewood", we get a one-star wanted in connection with the FACT that it is illegal.
✓ - FACT -Almost every big house has a tennis court, which can be played at any time.
✓ - FACT -You can hit by lightning;
✓ - FACT -You will be able to explore underwater shipwrecks planes with drugs and other valuables;
X - FALSE [1] - You will be able to jump with a parachute and scuba diving at once; Scuba Diving is available only on most water craft, as an action button interactivity. Much like you can only sell ice cream from a mr whoopie, spray water from firetrucks, or tow with tow trucks, for lack of better examples in previous games - only boats will have scuba kits, "most but not all".
✓ - FACT -Journey to the roof of the train will give you a star tracing; I believe it, same as climbing the holywood sign, some bridges may cause wanted levels when on foot and not in vehicle as well, in that case.
✓ - FACT -You will not find a luxury or sports car in Blaine County, only Vinewood; I fully believe this and previous reports, however I am quite sure there are going to be nice vehicles all over. Just not necessarily super and sports cars.
✓ - FACT -Submarine tours; Absolutely plausible and obvious after the introduction of chopper tours in IV and the land, sea, air vibe of V.
✓ - FACT You will receive a one-star wanted level, if you [don't] respect the rules of the road; One star sounds plausible and fun. With a 'greatly' improved wanted and police line of sight system, this makes a lot more sense than it would have in IV, where it was cut, but the police speech and pulling over code still remains in the data files. INTERESTINGLY this is likely inspired by GTAMISSIONS video gameplay walkthroughs, where the player always gets a wanted level before traveling in missions - it should offer new and exciting feeling to free roaming. It's truly a maybe, but i believe this is FACT because they were playing around with the idea in san andreas, did it and cut it in GTA IV, and now it probably makes sense with the new wanted/evasion system.
✓ - FACT -When you will explore the farm and field - you can watch as their plane sprays; It's even seen in the trailer.
! - WTF? -There will be drunk drivers that prevent both you and the police with pedestrians; No seriously, wut?
✓ - FACT -Never look at the half-naked women. They may complain to the police on you; This sounds extreme, but I'm sure they have "women who dress skimpy, and then get bitchy when people look at them" - trevor is likely to say the wrong things and get wanted once in a while, or get attacked and watch her get arrested.
✓ - FACT -Carts "hot dog" will help to restore your health; A given.
✓ - FACT -The Highlands is so huge that you can very easily get lost there; I'm sure it's FACT if you don't use the map or add blips to help you navigate - although that is worrysome as to how generic the countryside is - but hey, countryside is generic. I'm sure it'll be awesome.
✓ - FACT -The military base is located near the vineyards and has a huge amount of military equipment. You can reach it unnoticed you are unlikely to succeed. Previously mentioned.
✓ - FACT -Under the water is full of car wrecks. Heh, all of CJ's old rides. But seriously: And ships, and planes, and boats, and bodies, and junk, and scrap, and so on.
✓ - FACT -You will receive a fine for driving a golf cart on the streets of Los Santos; FACT. And it's probably the ultimate fun, and intentionally the hardest vehicle to play the game with, constantly being slower than cops and needing to hide and stuff - this traffic laws thing could be really special with the details of the new wanted system.
✓ - FACT -The beach has lifeguards; I'm sure. We've seen their guard houses also.
✓ - FACT -Meet with criminals in the wilderness; I think potentially you will also meet with criminals in the city, the small towns, and the trailer parks as well Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif
✓ - FACT -Train route runs from the Los Santos to the foot of the mountain Chilliad; Previously released, confirmed.
✓ - FACT Wild-life looks much better than the RDR; Much like any great team of developers, the rockstar family of studios tends to try at making each of their games look a bit better than the last. [2]
? - MAYBE -The observatory is fully working and is the site of secret meetings; Very Believable. Perhaps more like "A" or "One of" the secret sites?

artificialguy
  • artificialguy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by artificialguy, 06 June 2013 - 10:36 PM.

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 20:22)
For anyone that can read the preview, is Rockes' post actually a list of what's said in the preview, or it just a post he made? artificialguy also made a list based on what the article said and it is far more mundane. So who is right?

Rockes list is not based on the article from PSX Extreme as he already said on page 3.

The article has much more info than I put in my list, but it's mostly same stuff from the other previews.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:37 PM Edited by Mr. Darko, 06 June 2013 - 10:40 PM.

^
Thanks for the clarification. It's what I thought was the case.

I actually missed the fact the he was quoting from the Russian previews, though.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (brian. @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 22:10)
X - FALSE [1] - You will be able to jump with a parachute and scuba diving at once; Scuba Diving is available only on most water craft, as an action button interactivity. Much like you can only sell ice cream from a mr whoopie, spray water from firetrucks, or tow with tow trucks, for lack of better examples in previous games - only boats will have scuba kits, "most but not all".

Actually no, that's probably true, if read a different way: You can skydive and scuba dive from the beginning of the game.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

Journey to the roof of the train will give you a star tracing

Atleast we'll be able to stand on moving vehicles again. icon14.gif

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Sezii @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 20:44)
Psst! wink.gif

user posted image

Dude.

Where!? wow.gif

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Hopplös Kanin

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (johnny_zoo @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 00:52)
QUOTE (Sezii @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 20:44)
Psst! wink.gif

user posted image

Dude.

Where!? wow.gif

Probably https://www.facebook....TOWN.COMMUNITY here.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

doubtful, I think that was posted on FB after it emerged here. Timestamps, not precise, can't really be sure I guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users