TitanFall: Respawn Entertainment

138 replies to this topic
JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

user posted image

New IP from Activision/Infinity Ward breakaway pair West and Zampella published by EA and is always online.

http://www.computera...e-is-titanfall/

Enjoy!

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

I stopped reading when I saw "always be online" I hate MP. mad.gif

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

ninja'd. can't wait to hear more about this at E3 ( i hope)

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 19:15)

It said in the article that this will be at E3 but it's likely we'll know much more about the game by then.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 15:44)
I stopped reading when I saw "always be online" I hate MP. mad.gif

no. Its because they use Cloud computing for the AI.

"What XBox One lacks in RAM, it potentially makes up for in cloud computing." Talks about how the game will have unlimited dedicated servers for the game, offloading "a few dozen AI" and physics, says the game would be impossible without the cloud and wouldn't have attempted it. Still dealing with unfinished hardware and software, so it's "still a little rough going at times."

basicly means you cant play it without access to the cloud. and if your connections is too slow you will get mad pretty quick I assume.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 19:16)
QUOTE (kudoboi @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 19:15)

It said in the article that this will be at E3 but it's likely we'll know much more about the game by then.

I play on PC not Xbox one, but I have a slow internet connection which is another reason I don't like MP.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Been waiting for this for a long time. I hope ex-infinity ward delivers.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

As far as I'm concerned Cloud Computing is another form of Tethering DRM but much worse. With Tethering you can at least hack it out so you can play offline. With Cloud Computing you can't - the game becomes worse than useless without it because a substantial chunk of the game code is in the Cloud. Therefore, Cloud Computing becomes the ultimate DRM and will more than likely be used to further kill off the used game business. In the near future the entire game will be in the Cloud and under absolute and complete control of the game company. The only things you will be able to keep will be your game saves and Achievements. Once the game is shut down to make room for another more than likely you will never be able to play it again regardless of how much you like the title.

At this point I will completely abandon Modern Gaming, go back to my older consoles, go through all of the games I've yet to play, and hack the consoles to keep them running and improve upon them. I can write all kinds of guides for older games while I watch the industry crash and burn from the sidelines.

I absolutely refuse to support any console and/or game that supports any kind of Tethering/Cloud Computing style DRM. Dan Houser himself can come over to my house with such a console, put a gun to my head in an effort to make me play the latest GTA game on it, and I'll tell him to f*ck off with that piece of junk.
  • Boxman108 likes this

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Zaibatsu

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

If the AI isn't substantially better then I'm calling pure DRM reason. Stil don't get how physics can be done by cloud as the transfere speed is awful. Only way I see it happening is if world server side, with client just controlling the character then you might have access to bags of power. Lack of ram sounds like bullsh*t because you can't do a comparison between RAM and cloud. One transfers at over 60,000MB/S the other 6MB/S and that's not considering latency, upload speed and a whole host of other variables. I remember SimCity needing the cloud, until someone showed how much blah it it was.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

Tbh, I think they only mention it cause MS told them so people think its a feature that will bring so much power. But actually it doesnt. That was already analysed by Digital Foundry.

And as the game will arrive on 360 too, I doubt it will be a MUST feature. They said the game wouldnt even work without the cloud. That basicly means the limits are reached already? Obviously they have no experience with the hardware atm, but already calling limits is a bad sign for the X1. Probably I got that quote wrong

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Nice, I'll be picking it up for PS4.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 22:18)

It wont get released on PS4. Only X1, X360 and PC

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

I don't care how strategic they say it will be, people will always lone wolf it and be successful doing so.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 16:32)

Damn, I read some where that it will be released on PS3 and PS4. Didn't really bother to read the OP that much.

I guess I'll get it on 360 then.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 02:10)
QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 16:32)

Damn, I read some where that it will be released on PS3 and PS4. Didn't really bother to read the OP that much.

I guess I'll get it on 360 then.

You can still get it on PC. wink.gif

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

New info from some guy in neogaf claiming to be a member of Respawn!

QUOTE (DKo5)
First - so glad to have this finally out there! Even more excited that people seem to "get it" and are looking forward to playing it. We've been focusing on gameplay since day 1, and I think everyone is going to have a really fun time getting to know the game once its out smile.gif

The 60fps videos are from our site, www.titanfall.com. I don't care where you're getting 'em, but if Gamersyde is slow for you, try it. A huge part of the game is the fluidity, and thats really lost on weak-sauce Youtube 30fps encodes. As long as I'm around, expect 60fps footage from us.

For those expecting "normal" Source engine - don't. Those super smart coders (like Calen in this thread!) have re-written a massive amount of the codebase. The renderer is completely new (multi-threaded, DX11, 64bit, etc.), along with all the sound code, netcode, input code, etc. There's a lot of cores on the Xbox One, and the coders are actively working on utilizing them as much as possible.

Cloud! Cloud. Cloud? Yeah - we're using the MS Cloud for the Xbox One version. All platforms will be 100% played on dedis, but on the Xbox One MS is providing an extra layer on Azure that allows us to spin up dedis at a moments notice based on active users in the variety of regions, among other things.

We aren't talking about the 360 version much yet, but rest assured that we're working with the team thats doing it and care very deeply that its a superb version. This is our debut game and we won't let just any turd out the door!

PC - yup, going to be on PC, and its going to be awesome. We've got a lot of hardcore PC gamers in the office, and we know there's a lot of you looking to get this on PC. Again, no turds. We know what PC guys like/expect, and really don't want to disappoint.

I am pretty much sure that it will also come to PS4 since, This game is supposedly a one year timed exclusive.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (DKo5)
All platforms will be 100% played on dedis

Day one buy for the 360 if true. Lets hope they release it for the ps4 later on!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 20:50)
QUOTE (DKo5)

Day one buy for the 360 if true. Lets hope they release it for the ps4 later on!

as Ill get a PS4 I will buy it for 360 too. does it have 60 FPS on there too?

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 18:50)
QUOTE (DKo5)

That would certainly allow me to put off the Xbox One for a little while longer as I really do want to play this game.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 19:01)
QUOTE (tuareg @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 18:50)
QUOTE (DKo5)

That would certainly allow me to put off the Xbox One for a little while longer as I really do want to play this game.

And to top it off 85% of 360 owners are in the anti-xbone party, so i assume the multiplayer wont be dead on the 360 for a long time after release. I hope it turns out that way at least.

Titanfall has a lot of potential to be a great multiplayer game with the original infinity ward team working on it. f*ck, technically we've been waiting for this game since 2009.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

I'd think about it for 360, but I'm gonna save my money for PS4/PS4 games.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:19 PM Edited by kudoboi, 18 June 2013 - 04:31 PM.

Things changed when they realized the potential of the cloud feature brought by Windows 8 and Xbox One.

Titanfall will probably be Windows 8 exclusive.

I'm totally shocked

-said no one ever.

edit: on PC i mean. might also be only on Origin or microsoft store

edit2: oh sweet jesus thank god its not
user posted image

even though i have a windows 8 PC if they were to make it a system exclusive there won't be many people playing

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:14 PM Edited by Red XIII, 18 June 2013 - 07:18 PM.

ops. sorry. wrong thread.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

PS3 release?
I do have Xbox 360 but I won't be able to play online because I don't want to pay for Xbox Live.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 18:19)
PS3 release?
I do have Xbox 360 but I won't be able to play online because I don't want to pay for Xbox Live.

Nope, Xbox and PC exclusive. For now anyways.

Ermac_
  • Ermac_

Tower Master

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

I dont think its worth the investment, if my 360 is still alive when the game is cheaper ill buy it for that.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

Now I can't get this as it doesn't have single-player. suicidal.gif
It looks like Respawn’s highly praised shooter revealed just days back at E3 titled Titanfall won’t have a single player mode, studio head Vince Zampella claims in an interview with GI International that there’s no point in creating a campaign mode and dedicating time toward it’s development if a percentage of total players ever finish it.

He also considers that the studio a “small startup” with “60 some developers” so it’s better to focus their resources where they’ll be better utilized.

“We make these single-player missions that take up all the focus of the studio, that take a huge team six months to make, and players run through it in eight minutes,” said Zampella. “And how many people finish the single-player game? It’s a small percentage. It’s like, everyone plays through the first level, but 5% of people finish the game.

“Really, you split the team. They’re two different games. They’re balanced differently, they’re scoped differently. But people spend hundreds of hours in the multiplayer experience versus ‘as little time as possible rushing to the end’ [in single-player]. So why do all the resources go there?

“To us it made sense to put it here. Now everybody sees all those resources, and multiplayer is better. For us it made sense.”

Makes sense to me too.

Titanfall is Respawn Entertainment’s debut game for the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC hitting stores in early 2014. Respawn Entertainment funded by EA consists of former Infinity Ward developers who of course are the creators of Call of Duty and the popular Modern Warfare sub-series.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

Good. The more focus on making the MP work the better.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:49 AM

The game will have a singleplayer and multiplayer system similar to Brink.

Ah, Brink. Such hope in that game.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:41 AM

This game looks interesting but I noticed there was health regeneration and it looked like the maps were way too small, probably will try it out one day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users