» «
Photo

Why is the GTA Series so popular?

3 replies to this topic
BoyzNGroveStreet
  • BoyzNGroveStreet

Gangster

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:02 PM Edited by BoyzNGroveStreet, 06 June 2013 - 01:05 PM.

As we all know, GTA is one of the most popular, if not the most popular, video game series in the world, it beats pretty much every other gaming series to come out even though it may only come out every 5 years or so.

I read something on another topic which said something like, "GTA is too popular for E3"
Which is true, R* Doesnt need E3 or help from any other stuff to help promote it and what not, it has itself, its fanbase is big enough.

So,

Why do you think GTA is so popular? and what makes you love it so much? what makes us speculate and obsess over this game months before it comes out?

Discuss.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Westside!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

Because GTA is the series that pioneered ultimate freedom in the video game experience. Before GTA III, a large 3D open world crime game had never been done before. There were some other open world games before III, but they didn't allow the player to cause chaos and just do whatever they want. GTA is a game anyone can pick up and play, the controls are simple and the concept is easy to understand, this is why I believe it has been so successful.

TheKrigeron
  • TheKrigeron

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:10 PM Edited by TheKrigeron, 06 June 2013 - 01:13 PM.

I guess because everyone ever played it, and the premise of the games is just outstanding "You are in a real-ass-city but you can do anything without consequences" so you can unleash all your fantasies

And even in 3rd world country (where I live) the people who don't have anything to do with Videogames at LEAST played San Andreas, it became a reference even when talking about someone drivin wrecklessly or something alike

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

You suppose to ask this in Gta series chat.
http://www.gtaforums...p?showforum=262

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users