Quantcast

» «
Photo

Either more blimps or I'm misinterpreting this.

30 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think that I'm misinterpreting this email/more blimps? (128 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think that I'm misinterpreting this email/more blimps?

1. Yes, you're 100% wrong. (30 votes [28.04%])

Percentage of vote: 28.04%

2. Yes, but I think there will be more blimps in the game. (17 votes [15.89%])

Percentage of vote: 15.89%

3. I don't know and I don't care. (32 votes [29.91%])

Percentage of vote: 29.91%

4. No, but it might just be a slip of the tongue. (14 votes [13.08%])

Percentage of vote: 13.08%

5. No, more blimps yayz.Happiness and cakes. (14 votes [13.08%])

Percentage of vote: 13.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote
IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

Now, my fanboyism might be blinding me here, but I emailed Rockstar Mouthoff asking them about the blimps in the game.
This is their reply.
user posted image

What do you think? Over thinking? Misinterpreting? On to something?

Even I think I might be misinterpreting it.

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Just one blimp

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

Studies show that the best way to start a formal email is "Hey, so umm". Good work.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

Indian receptionist

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

It's hard to gauge the response without seeing the exact way the question was asked imo.

Just their answer alone does look like there is more... but I'm guessing the "we....." part wasn't the end of your email, so for all i know you asked "With my preorder will i get that one blimp in the picture" to which you got the response "yes you get that one blimp in the picture" In which case they just threw your wording right back at you and their response is just a direct straight answer and leaves us in the same place as before.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

They seem to be deliberately vague about whether a pilotable blimp will be in the game anyway. Really sneaky & not Rockstar's usual style. Sign of the times I guess.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

Bad English from foreign email support service. Nothing more.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 22:22)
They seem to be deliberately vague about whether a pilotable blimp will be in the game anyway. Really sneaky & not Rockstar's usual style. Sign of the times I guess.

Surely it was confirmed pilotable to moment it was announced as a pre-order bonus? I mean, the bonus can't be that it just auto flys around the city?

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

They seem to speak back in a confusing and vague way. You can't really tell tbh. Since it's Rockstar, i'm just going to go ahead and say from my point of view, Yes, i think there is at least another blimp in the game that you can at least take a tour in it (even though i'm not too optimistic). I think the pre-order bonus actually lets you fly it.

Maglev
  • Maglev

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (brian. @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 22:24)
Bad English from foreign email support service. Nothing more.

FACT

Jvmes
  • Jvmes

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

It's an odd turn of phrase to state "one" but I presume the email was rushed out and that is the only blimp in the game.

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

When you pre-order, you get the atomic blimp skin.
Everyone will still have access to a blimp.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

I don't understand the question at all.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (blakeney @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 22:25)

Surely it was confirmed pilotable to moment it was announced as a pre-order bonus? I mean, the bonus can't be that it just auto flys around the city?

No, I mean we'll eventually get to fly it in the game without having to use a code to unlock or download it. I think the code just hves you access right away & at any time.

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 22:43)

No, I mean we'll eventually get to fly it in the game without having to use a code to unlock or download it. I think the code just hves you access right away & at any time.

Ah right, yea i agree... I'm not fussed either way, I'm only preordering it so i don't have to mug someone who did get it on launch night (imagine queing for hours then staff come and cut the line and say no more after the cut!! i saw it happen with WOTLK, the line was cut directly behind me and my mate, after chatting for an hour with the ppl behind us, we had to straight face it as they were turned away lol). The blimp will move at like 5mph and will more than likely be used by one twice, once when i first use it, second when I'm showing the game off to any normans i know, things like a blimp will make them clap like a toddler, i just know it tounge.gif

RedDragonsBOOM
  • RedDragonsBOOM

Babes, Bullets, Cars.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

FOR EVERYBODY NOT UNDERSTANDING!!!!

The pre order bonuses are printed with your receipt when you actually buy the game in the store. If you buy online they send them to you either email or invoice when you get the game delivered. You will get all of the current bonuses and anything they add if you pre order the game at anytime.

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 22:43)

Yeah. It says it'll 'ensure access', which sounds like it just doesn't require you to finish mission 37 or whatever.

Trevor_Phillips
  • Trevor_Phillips

Welcome to Sandy Shores

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:38 AM Edited by Trevor_Phillips, 06 June 2013 - 05:46 AM.

my theory:

well it says "exclusive ATOMIC blimp"

so if you really want the iconic atomic blimp, you need to preorder.... otherwise you have only the possibility to fly NORMAL blimps in game...

or do you really think, they will cut such an AWESOME, UNIQUE VEHICLE, from the original game, and make it only accessible for preorders??? nah, never!!!

i think its a sneaky way of rockstar, to let us all preorder the game...

an other example of sneaky Rockstar: they also did it with the "SPECIAL GARAGE AND UNIQUE VEHICLES " in the Collectors Edition...
The Hotnkinfe for example WILL BE OBTAINABLE also in standard game... but in the CE it will be accessible from beginning on... its just a misinterpretation... the hotknife WON'T be exclusive for the CE, but only the special garage property will!!! because it says: "UNIQUE vehicle" and not "EXCLUSIVE vehicle"
a big difference...
so the "exclusive" thing of the CE will basically be THE GARAGE ITSELF, and not the vehicles...
so the CE will be the same as the SE, only with a garage, the cap and this bag in addition... thats it, folks!
colgate.gif

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE (Trevor_Phillips @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 01:38)
my theory:

It does not say exclusive, it says; "Pre-order the Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition, Collector's Edition or the standalone retail version now to ensure access to the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle."

To me I read into that as if you pre-order the game the code that they gives you makes the blimp spawn as it's designated dock (at the airport or wherever it is) every time you are in that location, HOWEVER if you do not put in that code (so you didn't pre-order) then you run the chance of that blimp being not-docked when you go to wherever it's located.

Short Form:
Pre-Order = Blimp Always Spawns at Dock when you are there.
Non-Pre-Order = Blimp Sometimes Spawns at Dock when you are there.

user posted image

It doesn't say that there is only 1 blimp, but it doesn't event hit at there being more than 1 blimp.

Trevor_Phillips
  • Trevor_Phillips

Welcome to Sandy Shores

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:12 AM Edited by Trevor_Phillips, 06 June 2013 - 06:20 AM.

QUOTE (Fisha695 @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 05:59)
QUOTE (Trevor_Phillips @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 01:38)
my theory:

It does not say exclusive

you are right, it does not say "exclusive" (R* just expressed it in different way) but it is meant to be exclusive

however thats not the point... i highlighted the word "ATOMIC"

what i wanted to say: you will be able to fly blimps it does not matter if you preorder or not...
but the only way to fly the UNIQUE ATOMIC BLIMP, you have to preorder...

and i dont think that the atomic blimp sometimes spawns and sometimes not... it will NEVER spawn on landing place if you don't preorder... (you will only see it in the sky, but not be able to access it)

but there will be other blimps around the different airports in Blaine County you can fly... smile.gif

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

umm... i dont know how you are interpreting it.....

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

Rockstar has already said in Twitter, that you'll be able to fly a blimp without pre-ordering... Pre-order bonus is just the Atomic one.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (customkingpimp @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 22:37)

I reckon this guys right. but im still pre ordering just in case

Trevor_Phillips
  • Trevor_Phillips

Welcome to Sandy Shores

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (SuperDuperGta @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 06:46)

icon14.gif this!!! There is nothing more to say... he nailed it!!

but i admit... I have also preordered it... just in case... lol.gif

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

I don't have a clue but it would be so funny if there were different blimps that all had to take the same route around the city and you can fly them all except the atomic one unless you pre order.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

The pre-order bonuses for GTA V are actually inside the game box and you download it using a code I assume. That's what it says on Amazon. It certainly appears that the dlc allows you to pilot the blimp, whereas you'd otherwise be unable to.

James K
  • James K

Motorhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (Tuomaz_ @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 13:42)
Rockstar has already said in Twitter, that you'll be able to fly a blimp without pre-ordering... Pre-order bonus is just the Atomic one.

Can you post the pic of the tweet for confirmation

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (SuperDuperGta @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 06:46)

I'm not pre-ordering 'just in case', I'm pre-ordering because it's GTA V. I'd pre-order if there was absolutely no benefit in doing so (other than assuring a copy on release day).

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:40 AM

"you will get the one blimp shown in the picture"

For me it sounds like that there are more blimps than this one and that they also are driveable.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

i dont get "No, more blimps yayz.Happiness and cakes.".

You'll get one blimp. crash it... and your fcuked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users