Photo

Cleaning inside my laptop

2 replies to this topic
ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:54 PM Edited by The_Sorrow, 05 June 2013 - 06:01 PM.

I just recently was playing GTA IV on my laptop and I heard a loud bang, I assume one of the components jumped due to overheating.
I've been worried ever since about playing games, even the old ones (Call of duty 2, GTA VC).

I would like to repair this myself as well as give it a good clean inside whilst I have the chance.

I don't have any experience with delving into a laptops insides, If this was a desktop I would more than happily just open it up without asking for advice.

I would like a genuine answer from someone who knows what they are doing, I don't want to break it since I have no money to buy another.

Now, the bang came from the left side of my Asus X53E laptop, the side where the vent is to release the heat.

If someone could write me a small guide or give me notes on what to do and how to start that would be very much appreciated, thankyou.

icon14.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

Does the laptop still work? Unless you know specifically what the problem is, it's going to be pretty hard to fix. Furthermore, even if you know what the problem is, laptop parts vary by each manufacturer and finding those parts can be a challenge.

As for taking the laptop part, I'd suggest not doing so unless you're really comfortable around computers. Laptops are much more complex to take apart than desktops and if you are unable to get it back together, it's not like you you can call the manufacturer for help. Really, aside from the fan, there's not much that would need to be cleaned inside anyway. The fan can easily be cleaned by getting a can of compressed air and shooting it at the air vents on the laptop.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

First things first grab some clear tape and when you unscrew a screw, tape to next to where it belongs. Then if you're going to be touching the motherboard to fully clean the laptop make sure you ground yourself so you don't blow out any other components But since you have no experience I suggest you don't go messing with it. Those are the best tips I can give you tbfh. But if you got the balls go for it. I suggest you look up some teardown guides online for the specific model.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users