Photo

How many controllers / keyboards

35 replies to this topic
stangone50
  • stangone50

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

This game has me sooo mad . I came so close to losing a controller yesterday lol

So how many controllers or keyboards have you destroyed due to this game biggrin.gif

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

None? I dunno what your problem is, but take some medication if you can't handle your anger.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:43 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 05 June 2013 - 12:08 PM.

Throughout the years, I've had controllers lose function due to being old and just wearing out, but I've never actually broke any. San Andreas has never even angered me to the extent of wanting to do so. Although I have accidentally spilled Ginger Ale on a controller once.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

This member title is 100% renewable

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

San Andreas calms my anger so nothing was destroyed. IV made me almost throw my controller out the window.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 11:43)
None? I dunno what your problem is, but take some medication if you can't handle your anger.

Does 420 count cuz its not working haha

I haven't actually broke one yet but one did go flying across my bedroom

I been playin this game on and off for 3 years now I am just sick of it ..still I can not put it down lol

I just wanna beat it and move on
Of all the copies of this game im sure the percentage of people that have achieved 100% is very low

Its unfair to the average gamer who will probably never be able to complete this game
just venting sorry guys very frustrated

123robot
  • 123robot

Homeboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

I'm a (generally) calm person so I haven't broken controllers or keyboards on any game, including GTA. Naturally, I've had to upgrade them when they get old and worn out but otherwise I don't break them. The one time I did rage at a game I managed to knock the console off it's ledge and throw the controller across the room, yet the only thing that broke was the disc of the game I was playing. That's what it gets for being so bloody frustrating (it wasn't GTA or anything else too important, thank goodness), but I was a bit surprised that everything else was perfectly intact. I also had one of my bright friends spill a can of Coke on another one of my games. So while I haven't broken any controllers or keyboards, I did break him. I will admit though, I must have gone through five or so separate saves of San Andreas before I managed to 100% it for the first time so understandably you'd have to be pretty dedicated to get through the whole thing probably.

By the way, what is it exactly you're having trouble with? We could help you out, plenty of people find plenty of parts in this game insanely frustrating and near impossible. Unless you're having trouble with everything, then it might be a bit more difficult.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:51 PM Edited by stangone50, 06 June 2013 - 03:04 PM.

No one can help me with what I am having trouble unfortunately .

I have done all the missions but saved the races for last . All Los Santos races are finished but Freeway(over 100 attempts angry.gif ) . I think I will get it eventually just very difficult and testing

Tony.
  • Tony.

Haulin' Oats

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

And here I was thinking you were stuck on Supply Lines. I've never felt like destroying a controller, but if any mission has pissed me off enough, then it would have been that one.

Johan.
  • Johan.

Got milk?

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

I don't think I've ever gotten mad at a Grand Theft Auto game apart from III I believe, none of the missions on San Andreas gave me problems.

A few times I did curse or something related to it, but never broke my keyboard out of anger.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:58 PM Edited by King Andreas, 16 June 2013 - 12:34 AM.

Darn it, just spilled Ginger Ale on a controller again, accidentally.

Jool
  • Jool

Mayor of Uptown Algonquin

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

None, but was mad on tons of missions.

TurdsFTW
  • TurdsFTW

Mikhail Faustin's Gyneocologist

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (stangone50 @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 11:21)
This game has me sooo mad . I came so close to losing a controller yesterday lol

So how many controllers or keyboards have you destroyed due to this game biggrin.gif

I repeatedly slammed my PS3 controller on a wooden table because I couldn't find a cab in GTA IV.

The controller now sounds like there are a few small rocks inside of it.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

No anger damage, but I have worn out the #2 button on a GamePad.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:46 AM

Being the diehard PS2 player that I am, I better not wear out or accidentally ruin any controllers, considering they're no longer in production.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Seeking and Destroying since 1997...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

I can't remember ever breaking a controller or keyboard due to anger from a video game.
If I'm frustrated I usually just punch my thigh or something.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (King Andreas @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:46)
Being the diehard PS2 player that I am, I better not wear out or accidentally ruin any controllers, considering they're no longer in production.

that's what the idiot in game stop told me

you can still order brand new Logitech wireless controllers from amazon.com .. just got another one about a month ago after my Dpad started wearing out

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:03 PM Edited by King Andreas, 04 July 2013 - 05:34 PM.

QUOTE (stangone50 @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 14:34)
that's what the idiot in game stop told me

you can still order brand new Logitech wireless controllers from amazon.com .. just got another one about a month ago after my Dpad started wearing out

Unfortunately, "the idiot in Game Stop" told the truth; PS2's, PS2 controllers & PS2 games have all been discontinued in terms of production. I even called the companies, asked them and they confirmed it. Although Sony said they have no controllers remaining in stock, they said I could send them in (for a fee) and have them repaired.

I've ordered from Amazon (and Ebay) before; the seller listed the items as "new" but were wretched upon arrival.

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:06 AM Edited by j7n, 21 June 2013 - 07:15 AM.

My keyboard lasted me for eleven years... Although the first keys that wore out and began to stick to my fingers and lift from their seatings were the arrow keys from driving.

I'm not generally calm. However, I'm content with completing the story mode, and leave out any frustrating challenges. Completing those wouldn't bring me any significant reputation that outweighed ruined keyboards.

I've struck my keyboard twice or three times in anger, pushing down like 1/4th of its keys with great force, but that was not because of a game, but failed communication with people instead.

Racing games are most rather hard and unforgiving of mistakes. And the player is also motivated to press the controls harder to make them more effective (such as when braking), while in realitity of course the keys are just either on or off anyway. But racing is not a big part of GTA, and most of the competitors are easy. However, some missions gave me incredibly hard time. Those include the race and the driving school, where the player must drive the piece of sh*t overpriced Super GT!!! I hate this car, and have went back to the driving school, where it's parked now on purpose to destroy this car!! I shot it up, smashed slowly with a melee weapon, and kicked it until it exploded! Yeah! devil.gif

I also hated the 8-Track mission, which I can be proud of completing once, and it's fine that my current playthrough and fixed savegame doesn't include this mission. I've done it once and I don't really feel that I need to do it again. I think I'm doing well with just an on-off keyboard.

My last savegame is titled VINEWOOD. That was an Ok mission, since I could restart it immediately without walking to it.

Most of my frustration in driving is caused by the AI cheating not crashing or actually driving when they're out of sight, having their cars respawned in the player's vicinity, or receiving a speed boost.

Rubberband AI is an undeserved punishment for doing well in games!! I owned several missions when I discovered that I didn't really need to drive fast, because the AI drivers would always match my speed (!). What piece of sh!t rules are those? I actually failed "OG Loc" before I realized this.

typicalgamer
  • typicalgamer

Sniper

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

San Andreas calms my anger so nothing was destroyed.

This.
Compared to other GTAs, SA has seldom frustrated me.

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

Tuning Maniac!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (typicalgamer @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 15:01)
San Andreas calms my anger so nothing was destroyed.

This.
Compared to other GTAs, SA has seldom frustrated me.

I sometimes laugh when i die in IV, mostly in a bike crash when your body flies around the whole street.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

None. I have a defective Xbox controller, due to me getting syrup on it. That's about it. There were some missions that made me somewhat angry, but I got over it very quickly, and still do. In the end, it's all just plain fun. I don't mind replaying missions at all. Sometimes you even discover things in cutscenes that you never noticed before.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

Well, none as of now.

Or, shall we say, 0.05 - as I smashed my controller once just yesterday because one of the keys was stuck - and cracked off a bit of it. Nothing too serious. Coincidentally, this happened as I was in process of playing GTA SA.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 05:30)
Coincidentally, this happened as I was in process of playing GTA SA.

Didn't see that coming. biggrin.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

My controller is worn out. The sprint button stopped working properly years ago due to over use. I took it apart and flipped the rubber spring over which helped for a while, but now the enter/exit but flops around so CJ would randomly bail from the vehicle. I've since moved all of those functions to the "start" button so I can keep playing.

Jericho176
  • Jericho176

Spoon Killer

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

That's funny, last year I destroyed my keyboard over SAMP ph34r.gif

I kept hunting this nub in a DM server because he was a douche, but he kept running away from me, hiding behind his team mates. In the end I literally smashed my keyboard on the ground. Anyway, he was banned for advertising, but he still owes me a keyboard die.gif

And once I punched my monitor so hard, it bounced off the wall and died, again because of noobs, again in SAMP confused.gif So I started playing much less SAMP ever since, it's bad for my health (and my environment) once nubs piss me off

ClaudeNikoCJ124
  • ClaudeNikoCJ124

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

If you have an Xinput plugin, you will able to hook up your PS3/PS2 or your O.Xbox/Xbox 360 controller to your PC, and it has a Vibration support that Rockstar didn't implement it to the PC. It's good for local 2-player free-roam mod.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:52 AM

I don't abuse my hardware when I'm mad, instead I seek out my local police. devil.gif Nope, I'm kidding.

I don't destroy things. I have worn out two controllers, maybe three controllers, in San Andreas. The first part on the Sony Dualshock controller that bites the dust is the left analog joystick. CJ will suddenly start walking left or right, or vehicles will want to steer left or right.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:51 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 09 September 2013 - 08:55 PM.

all-out here: (instead of multiple posting....this new version of GTA forums ROCKS! in things like this!)

Throughout the years, I've had controllers lose function due to being old and just wearing out,

SAME HERE! I used to have a GREAT controller.....suddenly it broke ;_;

IV made me almost throw my controller out the window.

I almost destroyed mine because of the damn insane controlling!

I repeatedly slammed my PS3 controller on a wooden table because I couldn't find a cab in GTA IV.

The controller now sounds like there are a few small rocks inside of it.

sometimes I wish the game was on PS2 either! or at least same control of SA!.

yes, there IS iron sticks inside....I opened one of my PS2 controllers to try fixing up the select problem (I wish I didn't TwT)

I sometimes laugh when i die in IV, mostly in a bike crash when your body flies around the whole street.

then you don't want to know what happened with me!

Spoiler

The first part on the Sony Dualshock controller that bites the dust is the left analog joystick. CJ will suddenly start walking left or right, or vehicles will want to steer left or right.

same what happened with me....that was the only downgrade of my PS2 controller (with the select button stopped working)

Infinityfq
  • Infinityfq

Career Criminal

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

None?

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

The first part on the Sony Dualshock controller that bites the dust is the left analog joystick. CJ will suddenly start walking left or right, or vehicles will want to steer left or right.

same what happened with me....that was the only downgrade of my PS2 controller (with the select button stopped working)

I got problems with my newest Dualshock2 just a few days ago. Over the last months it had gotten more and more bad, until one day the left joystick didn't return to neutral and it was difficult to drive or fly straight. With no new controllers for sale in the shops I decided to take matters in my own hands. I dismantled the controller and applied several drops of thin oil on the moving parts (the base of the joysticks). I put the parts back together and it's almost like new! :) I'm going to do the same with my other controllers that have the same problem.

Don't use a silicone based oil. I used the oil that came with my electrical shaving machine, it seems to be the right type.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users