Photo

Only 2?

10 replies to this topic
Dlee13
  • Dlee13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:44 AM

Considering how long this gen has lasted don't you find it kind of disappointing that by the time of the next gens launch we would of only been able to play 2 GTA titles? Would you have preferred 3 titles with a slight improvement between title 1 & 2 then huge improvement for 3 just like III, Vice City and San Andreas? I understand that Rockstar only like to release their best work but personally I would have loved to be able to play at least one more title since GTA is my favourites series.

asitsaysinthebook
  • asitsaysinthebook

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Na, I think it's fine. Eg. they gave us RDR, and other developers have been spitting out stuff like Sleeping Dogs or Saints Row 2+3.

And dont forget TLAD and TBOGT. There were a lot of ways to play things that looked and felt a little like GTA.

gionascm2
  • gionascm2

Pedantic Perfectionist with a slight case of OCD

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

R* should release a new GTA every 2 years. They could have 2 teams always working on a different GTA, so that each GTA would take 4 years to make but we'd have a new one every 2 yrs.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Would You Still Remember Me?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 23:47)
R* should release a new GTA every 2 years. They could have 2 teams always working on a different GTA, so that each GTA would take 4 years to make but we'd have a new one every 2 yrs.

suicidal.gif I would lose all faith in rockstar if that happened.

LibSity
  • LibSity

Genetically Superior

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

The longer the wait, the more the hype. More hype = more excitement. More excitement = more people wasting money on collectors editions. I think it works for them financially, and it ensures us a better game. I don't like the game every 2 years idea either.

Dlee13
  • Dlee13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 23:47)

This sounds good to me, I know Rockstar would be able to do it without jeopardizing the quality of the game!

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

No this way is best. Games are much bigger and take a lot more work these days. San Andreas in all its glory was churned out in only 2 years, Vice City in only 1 year. They just can't do that anymore. Now it's 5 years at minimum to produce a high quality GTA game. Assuming it only takes 5 years, GTA VI will come out in 2018, GTA VII in 2023. This isn't likely though, they probably will take longer. GTA VI will be the only GTA to come out during the PS4 gen. The PS5 gen will maybe get two, as GTA VII will come out early in the console cycle, maybe GTA VIII will come out at the end, like GTA V and San Andreas.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

If you think about it, the amount of content makes EFLC whole games so that's 3 already, and don't forget they were very busy on MP3, LA Noire and RDR in the meantime.

Next gen games may actually have a faster workflow, but I think they'll still keep it about 3-4 years between GTA titles, in order to come up with a quality story and perfect the game and It's better for the game this way.

Wug
  • Wug

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

Isn't GTA SA available on X360? Or am I just hearing stupid crap?

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Wesinator @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 00:43)
Isn't GTA SA available on X360? Or am I just hearing stupid crap?

I think it is, but it's not an original X360 release, it's a port. San Andreas was released on the XBOX first along with the PC version, 6 months or so after the PS2 version.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Dlee13 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 23:44)
Considering how long this gen has lasted don't you find it kind of disappointing that by the time of the next gens launch we would of only been able to play 2 GTA titles?

They tried to put out too many other non-GTA games, some of which failed financially, in an attempt to branch out from the GTA series. If they were going to try to branch out they should have expanded their developing team and made sure the next GTA was started and delivered in a reasonable amount of time, but they dropped the ball. The life of this console generation was long enough for us to have seen three full games. Considering that GTA V is getting eclipsed by the next gen, they really waited to the last second.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users