About to start playing GTA VC on IOS

6 replies to this topic
GTAMAN567
  • GTAMAN567

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

Hello,

I have just completed GTA3 on my iPad, this as my first completion of this game as when i owned it previously I always got stuck on that S.A.M mission. I must say when I finished that level I was so happy lol. I heard the games difficulty was toned down but I think it felt harder overall due to the controls. The graphics were very good probably better tha PS2.

So I was wondering what does VC play like? This is my favourite GTA and I just wonders if the iOS did it justice?

Thanks in advance.

ZaineRichards
  • ZaineRichards

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

Vice City Ios works like a dream for me on my iphone 4S, I fully completed the story and am at 55% completion. i have it downloaded on iphone 4 and while there it has watered down graphics and slows occasionally i still find myself playing it on either device. Depends on what version your ipad is, playing it versus the xbox original its nice to go down miami strip with it all lit up.

I have both GTA's on my phone but hands down i play vice city more because of the music and ability to add custom tracks to it. I really only get tired of the touch-screens. ive seen people with android phones hook up a controller and play it that way.

Vice city was better than i remembered playing it on ios.

BrianJohnsonsBrotherCarl
  • BrianJohnsonsBrotherCarl

_

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

The difficulty is toned down a little, to compensate for the touch screen interface. Though the Auntie Poulet mission where you have to snipe the Cubans while they brawl with the Haitians was a complete nightmare for me with a touch screen. But I got passed it by using the M4 and the Adrenaline Pill instead of the rifle. Also the Phnom Phem 86 mission was pretty hard due to the touch screen aiming from a moving helicopter. But aside from that it's pretty easy to mow down enemies, just hold down fire and Tommy will just keep firing until everyone in front of him is dead. But you've played GTA3 on iOS so you know this. Sometimes running out of a hairy situation can be hard because the analog doesn't want to respond to your finger quickly enough. Driving is hard at first but you get used to it and can drive just as well as you could with a controller. I'm about half way through the game now. It's fun and a good time killer for me at work haha

I'm dreading having to do G-Spotlight on the iPhone though suicidal.gif

Arran B
  • Arran B

The '80s enthusiast.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Got it on iPad and it genuinely runs better on it than it ever did on my Xbox. The only issue is the aiming which can be extremely frustrating. And the missions where you're forced to snipe or use first person mode on the Ruger. Oh and I'm really not looking forward to doing Avery's 'demolition man' because of the annoying controls for helicopters and such. Spent hours getting all of the hidden packages just to find out that the Hunter is really tricky to fly.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Arran B @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 12:29)
Got it on iPad and it genuinely runs better on it than it ever did on my Xbox. The only issue is the aiming which can be extremely frustrating. And the missions where you're forced to snipe or use first person mode on the Ruger. Oh and I'm really not looking forward to doing Avery's 'demolition man' because of the annoying controls for helicopters and such. Spent hours getting all of the hidden packages just to find out that the Hunter is really tricky to fly.

I had no issue playing demolition man on my phone-- passed it in one try (I'm assuming your controls are similar/same)

Our lord Steve Jobs
  • Our lord Steve Jobs

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Can't crouch without a keyboard

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (FacebookStalkerJustKidding @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 21:05)
Can't crouch without a keyboard

Crouching is not that vital neither, as I view it. GTA III, GTA LCS and GTA VCS don't have crouching - and I was fine in these games. So I didn't use crouching at all in VC...

Anyway, back to the topic: I don't know gameplay-wise - the guys with the Mobiles will tell you better, but design-wise this game has been decently "maimed" 0 just compare the screenshots and videos form the Mobile version to those of the original PS2, or PC... Or even Xbox, at the very list, to see the difference... Not to mention that they took out some vital songs, which made Vice City be what it used to be... Especially "Billie Jean"... confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users