• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

This biggrin.gif

Lancet
  • Lancet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

Amazing! Can't believe somebody found such a strategy for the Skylift on PS3.

Why is the parachute needed? Is it for more camera control while you're falling to your death?

Can this be done on a mission replay? That might eliminate the need for the parachute cheat (and the Buzzard cheat, if you can get the gold Buzzard from its spawn point and park it in Niko's spot, and retrieve it while waiting for the Skylift).

watamura
  • watamura

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

Yes, you can do it.
However, it is more difficult than this.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

Is it possible to do without dying or do we have to die?

watamura
  • watamura

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

This mission will be skipped to the heliport on failure. sad.gif

ScotchMouth
  • ScotchMouth

Single malt no ice

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

Good find OP

Lancet
  • Lancet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:13 AM Edited by Lancet, 06 June 2013 - 06:17 AM.

QUOTE (watamura @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 08:10)
This mission will be skipped to the heliport on failure. sad.gif

Maybe you could try blowing up Yusuf's chopper with a missile right after the Skylift begins to fall? That should stop the cutscene, though you'd need to manually do a mission replay from your phone (or via the replay text, if its the first time). Dunno if that would work.

If you don't die, how fast does the Skylift disappear once it hits the ground?

And I just realized, you may have stumbled upon a much easier strategy for the 360 version. A cheatless version, even! I assume that without the concern of the Skylift's carcass vanishing, one could shoot it down with a rocket launcher or sniper rifle right next to the save spot, eliminating the need for even a helicopter cheat like with the subway mission. Even if it doesn't hit the parking spot directly, it would only need a little pushing.

I'm gonna have to check this tonight. Unfortunately, I need to rely on others to do testing on the PS3 version because I don't have one.

tcmose01
  • tcmose01

OPSGAMER0889

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

Is it possible to get that on xbox 360?

watamura
  • watamura

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

This mission will be forced to move to the location of the helitour if you fail in other than death or busted. 
At this time, the Skylift will disappear, even if it is inside the parking!
Therefore, the choice of after shot down the Skylift, there is no other than dying. sad.gif

watamura
  • watamura

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (tcmose01 @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 13:56)
Is it possible to get that on xbox 360?

Maybe it is possible.

Lancet
  • Lancet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:42 AM

Haven't tested it yet, but the Skylift is already known to be obtainable on the 360, in multiple ways (even from the subway car mission, which is where the first method was found).

Shooting it down right there on the 360 version would probably let you obtain it without any cheats, because the carcass won't disappear and it won't fail to save properly (if you get the carcass into the parking spot).

Lancet
  • Lancet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (watamura @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 10:08)
This mission will be forced to move to the location of the helitour if you fail in other than death or busted. 
Therefore, the choice of after shot down the Skylift, there is no other than dying. sad.gif

Also, I'm gonna test it later, but just to clarify , the reason I'm thinking this would be cheatless on the 360 is because the main way of obtaining it in on the 360 is to shoot it down so it crashes near the helitours pier where you end up. The carcass stays in the game memory and you can push it back. Theoretically, that's already cheatless since it's TECHNICALLY possible, but without a good pushing vehicle and anted level cheats and stuff, you probably won't push it all the way north to MPE parking spot.

But you could probably shoot it down over the parking spot and have it still be there when you return, since the carcass is obviously saved after the cutscene in the 360 version.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Lancet @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 23:44)
QUOTE (watamura @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 10:08)

Also, I'm gonna test it later, but just to clarify , the reason I'm thinking this would be cheatless on the 360 is because the main way of obtaining it in on the 360 is to shoot it down so it crashes near the helitours pier where you end up. The carcass stays in the game memory and you can push it back. Theoretically, that's already cheatless since it's TECHNICALLY possible, but without a good pushing vehicle and anted level cheats and stuff, you probably won't push it all the way north to MPE parking spot.

Actualy I was lucky to shoot it down and it landed in mint condition. The only problem was that the blades got destroyed because it landed under the road.

Lancet
  • Lancet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

Huh? What do you mean? You shot it down over the MPE parking spot and it landed without blowing up? How did you shoot it down?

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:47 AM Edited by WildBrick142, 08 June 2013 - 12:51 AM.

QUOTE (Lancet @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 00:29)
Huh? What do you mean? You shot it down over the MPE parking spot and it landed without blowing up? How did you shoot it down?

I shot it down at the pier in Fishmarket. It landed under the expressway or whatever that is named.

Lancet
  • Lancet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

So you shot it down during the mission like I describe in my guide (sniping from the roof of one of the Broker bridge's supports?) and it landed intact instead of blowing up?

watamura
  • watamura

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

360 version can get the Skylift in the steal subway mission.
But PS3 version can't get the Skylift in that mission.
This means that there is little difference between the 360 version and PS3 version.

Lancet
  • Lancet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:19 PM Edited by Lancet, 08 June 2013 - 01:36 PM.

QUOTE (watamura @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 08:41)
360 version can get the Skylift in the steal subway mission.
But PS3 version can't get the Skylift in that mission.
This means that there is little difference between the 360 version and PS3 version.

But the subway mission requires a cheat, without exception. There's no way to do it otherwise.

On the mission Caught With Your Pants Down, however, the Skylift can be shot down on the 360 version and actually stay around. The strategy in my guide for that mission is to snipe the Skylift while on one of the Broker bridge's support roofs (the western-most one). If you shoot it down in the correct location, it will spin down and crash just a little northwest of the helitour pier. The player, after shooting down the Skylift, kills Yusuf, and then they are moved to the helitour pier after the mission has failed.

If the Skylift was indeed shot down at the correct time, the destroyed carcass of the Skylift will still be sitting in the street. At this point, the player can push it back to a parking spot (Middle Park East is closest, but it's a LONG ways away). Theoretically, it's doable without cheats, since the player, post-game, can call for an APC to push it. But it's still big and heavy.

The key here being that the 360 version isn't patched, and the Skylift stays as normal. Because of this, on the 360 version, shooting down the Skylift over the MPE parking spot (probably doable by sniping or RPGing from a nearby roof to avoid cheats) should make obtaining it easy, as if it lands there when it crashes, one just waits for the mission to end. If the game doesn't remove the Skylift if it crashes and explodes near the helitour pier, I can't imagine it won't preserve it if it crashes into the parking spot.

Obviously this is the ONLY option for the PS3 version, though. Which reminds me, have you tried doing this by firing with RPGs or a sniper rifle from the rooftops? And then possibly blowing yourself up with an RPG (or a sticky bomb you're standing on)? It might make timing the death of the Skylift more difficult, but it could potentially do it without cheats, unless there's a specific reason you NEED the Buzzard's missiles + the parachute fall-to-your-death bit. But if they're just there as a way to shoot down the Skylift and die, they could possibly be replaced.

EDIT: Based on my notes, the strategy I posted for the Skylift in Caught With Your Pants Down should also work on the PS3. So I think the anti-Skylift patch only fixed it in For The Man Who Has Everything. I'm still gonna investigate your strategy more, though.

Tell me, if instead of dying you kill Yusuf and are sent back to the helitour pier (after the Skylift crashes into the parking spot), is it kept, or is it gone? Just wondering if you've tried it like that. Seems weird that it would disappear if the mission fails and you're transported away after crashing there, but not if it crashes near the helitour pier itself.

watamura
  • watamura

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

I was surprised own that I ride the Skylift in PS3 version. smile.gif
So there may be the way to get the Skylift besides .
But the Skylift had disappeared all the way other than this video in any challenge of the past few days.

I think if I can have time and want to think about other ways further. biggrin.gif
But I think the easiest is the way of this video now .

By the way, the Annihilator has spawn in this mission limited to flight route of the Skylift.
And the Skylift passes also close to the Middle Park East parking spot.
I believe this is a hint from R* possibly. biggrin.gif

And sorry for my bad English. sad.gif

Lancet
  • Lancet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:06 AM Edited by Lancet, 10 June 2013 - 07:18 AM.

Been trying different things. RPGs and the Annihilator's explosive bullets just destroy the Skylift outright, rather than allow it to swerve as it crashes. Just one Annihilator shot does that. And conventional weapons don't seem to be able to destroy it fast enough. Gonna try sniping the pilor from a roof when it passes the necessary point to get it to crash properly.

Too bad a Buzzard can't be stored in the parking spot...

Shooting it with the explosive rifle (4 shots total) from the buildings to the west of its path seems to send it spiraling down to the east, into the highway, rather than to the west and into the parking spot.

watamura
  • watamura

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

This was possible without cheats.

An Annihilator spawns on the Lower Easton police station in Algonquin during this mission.
I use this Annihilator to get the Skylift.

user posted image

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (watamura @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 10:43)
This was possible without cheats.

An Annihilator spawns on the Lower Easton police station in Algonquin during this mission.
I use this Annihilator to get the Skylift.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5eNm8wK.png[IMG]

^You can also use this method to get the annihilator to the spot save spot to ease up the acquisition.

I'm thinking there can be a way to get it without cheats, and without dying...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users