Photo

[SA|REL|CLEO4] Realistic Reload

15 replies to this topic
aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:35 PM Edited by oksa8, 13 July 2013 - 09:40 PM.

Realistic Reload v2.0
By Oksu

What this mod does?
It's a basic reloading mod, but it also removes the ammo you had in your previous clip.
In version 2.0, automatic reload when clip is empty is disabled.

Empty Clip v1.0
By Oksu

What this mod does?
Empty Clip is a small additional feature, which plays a clicking
sound when you try to fire with empty clip!

Credits:
ThirteenAG - Base reload script, thanks for permission to use it.
GTAModding.com - Great database for memory addresses, would've been impossible to do this without it!
Wesser - Lots of coding snippets, most of the features are there thanks to him!

Source included!
Requires CLEO 4.
Do not share without permission!

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

I remember i was very nooby at coding and tried to do the same thing smile.gif
http://sannybuilder....id=12094#p12094
I see you're using scroll reload fix, nice icon14.gif

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

Try it out later when I get back. Sounds good though.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:33 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 05 June 2013 - 05:35 AM.

Is it possible to make it so you can't reload with a full mag (wasting ammo), while in a vehicle/jetpack and while the animation is still going, because right now you can just spam R and your ammo just keeps decreasing. Perhaps put a delay on it?
Also could you disable reloading for stuff like grenades, launchers and other items that you normally wouldn't reload?

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

I knew something was missing, thanks for the suggestions, will try to implement them in next version! smile.gif

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 07:45)
I knew something was missing, thanks for the suggestions, will try to implement them in next version! smile.gif

Just found another small bug. If you're crouched and moving with a weapon in your hand it won't do the animation if you try to reload, it just automatically gets reloaded.

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

bugs: fox example i have 25/90 ( 25 is the magazine size and 90 is ammo. the amount of real magazine size is 30 so yeah i've already shoot 5 times). i press R the amount of ammo will become 30/60 NOT 30/85 making it bit unrealistic... ( most of FPS game do the equal ammo ) hope you fix this. sorry for bad english

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (alayanrole @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 09:05)
bugs: fox example i have 25/90 ( 25 is the magazine size and 90 is ammo. the amount of real magazine size is 30 so yeah i've already shoot 5 times). i press R the amount of ammo will become 30/60 NOT 30/85 making it bit unrealistic... ( most of FPS game do the equal ammo ) hope you fix this. sorry for bad english

Actually that's realistic. Most FPS games do it wrong by using the system that you just mention, but I guess its for balancing reasons.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

@alayanrole
That is the realism. If you, let's say, 25/90 ammo, and you reload, you don't magically fill that magazine with bullets. Like in most situations, you just drop in the ground, so you lose that extra ammo you have in your magazine.

If you don't like the feature and whole point of this mod, you can download original Reload mod by ThirteenAG from here.

@TheJAMESGM
Yeah, though I'd kinda want to see such feature in most games, would force you to play smart instead of reloading after each shot. tounge.gif

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 11:48)
@TheJAMESGM
Yeah, though I'd kinda want to see such feature in most games, would force you to play smart instead of reloading after each shot. tounge.gif

Must be CoD then, because even ol'l Battlefield 2 (maybe even 1942, don't recall) had reloading done properly icon14.gif

Regarding the mod, I have no idea why you require CLEO4 since you even used CLEO3-style NOPing - it should work just fine with CLEO3 too.

EDIT:
In the line you write a 2 DWORD, you don't need VirtualProtect flag for it (it's used properly in NOPing code though) icon14.gif

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

uhm blush.gif is there any way to make shotgun reload one-by-one?

oksa8 i think that's quite true...( i'm quite slow at understanding something , my old illness tounge.gif ) just wanna bring FPS game reloading sad.gif

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

New version of Real Reload uploaded, along with Empty Clip as an addition! You can read more from GTAGarage page or from my blog!

@SilentPL Heh, yeah some older BF's had that but can't get a single new game where that feature would be in. smile.gif
Oh, and those optimisation techniques you told me in Skype? I forgot to implement all of them...

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

Thanks for this bro', exactly what I wanted! Very nice work! cookie.gif Can't wait for some more updates.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

Found two bugs.

You can't change weapon when you reload until you fire/aim that weapon again.
You can't fire the heat seeking rocket launcher after you fire you first shot. (may also be the same with the RPG, not tested though)

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

I have to look into the first bug someday, I'm quite busy for few days now with real life....
But the second "bug" is just consequences of the new feature, as you fire RPG/Heatseeker, the only missile is shot, leaving you with empty clip. You have to reload them too.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:51 AM

So, I've worked a bit on the script, and the bugs seem to be fixed now. I'll still work on the mod for a bit, but you can read the details from my blog.

Linky-link:

http://oksuworkshop....k-in-scene.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users