Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which would you rather give up: GTAF or Facebook?

80 replies to this topic
Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

I use facebook as a tool to maintain events for my illustration business and band, which is great since so many people use it. Even though half of my status updates are jokes, and I use emails and phone calls to get a hold of people, I'd give up GTAF.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 16:31)
QUOTE (tms_junk @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 11:00)
One raging benefit to my Facebook over GTAF, there isn't a 12 year old in sight.

I thought your Facebook would be filled to the brim with twelve year olds.

I just get irritated by the presence of squeaky, annoying teenagers. Such as yourself.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

Let's see.

I have been using Facebook maybe once a day for like 3 or 4 years tops. I've been visiting GTAF multiple times a day for over a decade.

That's a hard one.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'd give up GTAF. I use Facebook way less, but without it I wouldn't know about parties or events.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

I use Facebook like every day, mostly for just chatting with people when I'm too lazy to call them or text them. I also use it for talking to some people on here, because it's a lot easier than the PM.

That is really a tough question though, because I get on here every day too. If I HAD to give one up... it would be GTAF.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

Facebook for sure. FB serves no purpose for me - I talk to my friends via texting/calling. FB is just a flood of that insecure "LIKE4TBH" sh*t. How insecure do you have to be to use that status, or to like it? Jeez. /endrant

I spend like 5 mins / week on FB, and several hours a week on GTAF. Big mystery which I'd choose rolleyes.gif

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

This Monkeys Gone To Heaven

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

I've already given up Facebook so I vote for that. GTAF is the only social website I have not give. Up so far.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

I'd prefer to give up my FB account.That's the plans anyway. When I get my iPhone back working, I'll be deleting it but setting up another one under an alias. I'm only going to add close friends. Everyone else can just grab my number or email.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

Facebook, I have no friends so I have no point of even having an account tounge.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

I don't have Facebook nor do I have an account on any sites of that nature.

If I did, I would give it up as opposed to GTAForums, I can see myself still here many many years in the future.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 20:37)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 16:31)
QUOTE (tms_junk @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 11:00)
One raging benefit to my Facebook over GTAF, there isn't a 12 year old in sight.

I thought your Facebook would be filled to the brim with twelve year olds.

I just get irritated by the presence of squeaky, annoying teenagers. Such as yourself.

Are you not the big CoD fan? Surely you get pissed off with the 12 year old's screamimg sh*t down the mic then lol.gif

Facebook is boring so I would give up that.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 22:18)
I just get irritated by the presence of squeaky, annoying teenagers. Such as yourself. [/QUOTE]
Are you not the big CoD fan? Surely you get pissed off with the 12 year old's screamimg sh*t down the mic then lol.gif

I do enjoy Call Of Duty it is no secret, but luckily consoles blessed us with the mute option. So anytime i hear the distinct squeal of a child illegally playing an adult game, i hit that bad boy mute button.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

I don't use facebook anymore. Facebook has cute little flash games though, so maybe if it was the past and I was currently really into one of those games I'd pick Facebook.

I prefer the way you communicate on GTAF though. You're still talking at everyone, but they can easily skip over what you say; something that's harder to do with Facebook because you have to read what everyone says to get what they're talking about, and they're hardly ever talking about anything interesting. You're not in everyone's face is what I'm trying to say.

TonyZimmzy
  • TonyZimmzy

The Bearded Child

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

Probably GTAF, solely cause FB is the main source of contacting irl friends to get together and do sh*t.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

GTA:F. I have friends and family on facebook.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

I don't even have Facebook.

I'd instead give up Twitter. I don't use it often anyway.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:06 PM Edited by AceKingston, 05 June 2013 - 06:13 PM.

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 18:08)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 10:40)
Facebook is terrible.

Don't understand why so many people like it.

As much as I don't like using FB too much (I do sometimes) your statement is a little off. Connecting with your friends and family, uploading your funny photos to share, posting status' such as "need a photographer" and getting one, (in a friend of a friend capacity) - I'm not really baffled as to why people like it or use it. Organizing eventa (I organised my best mates stag party on it and my birthday party and also raves etc) - it's not really hard to figure out why it's popular. It's just another way to connect to people.

I don't think I should have used terrible, it's more like Overrated IMO, sure it's a good way to connect with people and friends but I don't understand all the talk about it.

EDIT: @Tms_Junk, so you say kids should not play adult games illegally when you yourself played San Andreas when you were 14? Fail.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 18:06)
EDIT: @Tms_Junk, so you say kids should not play adult games illegally when you yourself played San Andreas when you were 14? Fail.

Jesus its like an episode of CSI on this forum! I really don't care if underage people play adult games, and i never have and never will. But the fact is it is illegal, i done it, you done it, but it doesn't change the fact its illegal. The point i was making is if i happen to come across a squeaky teen in a lobby i can mute them, if they are not squeaky great.

I wasn't aiming it at general teens, just squeaky ones.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 00:03)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 18:06)
EDIT: @Tms_Junk, so you say kids should not play adult games illegally when you yourself played San Andreas when you were 14?  Fail.

Jesus its like an episode of CSI on this forum! I really don't care if underage people play adult games, and i never have and never will. But the fact is it is illegal, i done it, you done it, but it doesn't change the fact its illegal. The point i was making is if i happen to come across a squeaky teen in a lobby i can mute them, if they are not squeaky great.

I wasn't aiming it at general teens, just squeaky ones.

Yeah, sorry. blush.gif But I get your point, there are some annoying idiots in CoD but I just wondered why you pointed your finger at LazyBoy8, sorry again.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

Facebook, f*ck facebook.

bikerman3
  • bikerman3

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

i hate facbook i don't even want it

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

I already deactivated my FB. I doubt GTAForums.com sells my personal data to advertisers.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:14 AM Edited by Valenta, 10 June 2013 - 12:57 AM.

I don't have Facebook (thank f*ck), instead I have Google+ and if I had to choose between that and GTAF, I'd choose GTAF, cause I have personal friends on Google+.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

Facebook.

You can have alot of interesting discussions on GTAF, and see alot of funny sh*t.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:28 AM

I'd say Facebook. I don't use it anywhere near as much as GTAF and most people I talk on there I see often anyway.

AKalashnikov
  • AKalashnikov

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 20:57)
I left Facebook 3 years ago. I had about 550 friends, I literally only knew 150 of them and I only actually liked about 10 of them.

This. It was about 2 years ago now, though.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:14 AM

It's a tough choice but I'd say I would have to give up GTAf over Facebook. I'm not very active on facebook and I rarely update anything on it, but it serves a very useful purpose which is to facilitate communications between my friends and I. I don't see my friends very often as everyone has ended up working in different countries. We meet up once every two months or so when business trips takes us to each others cities (Hong Kong, Taipei, Shanghai, London, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Barcelona, Gothenburg, Stuttgart, Munich). For people like us, Facebook is an invaluable tool.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

People still use Facebook? I thought it died a months ago and people have moved onto Twitter. Like me.

Still gonna say that I would have to give up on Facebook even though I don't used it anymore. Because I depend my gaming news (if you can excuse all the dimwitted members along the way) in these forums. Besides, where else am I gonna rant about pop culture and stuff?

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

I would give up GTAF,

I'm not a huge fan of Facebook, but it helps me keep in touch with some of my old / good friends that does not live near me anymore.
And it's nice to have a network for future references / job oppurtunities.

Morons03
  • Morons03

Angry Gamer-Formerly Postit123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

I guess I would give up Facebook. I would have to get an account first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users